Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Gradually the close relatives started pouring in. Indrani Di and her family arrived few days before my wedding. Chandrani Di also arrived with her family. Shasanko Da, Meghna and Dushtu also arrived.

The day Dushtu came, I was unable to meet his queer juvenile eyes. “Did he understood what was going inside my heart.”

He asked me once---“Abhi uncle is not coming?”

I ruffled his silky hair and shook my head “No.”

At last the d-day arrived. Monday, second week of December. The house was rumbling with guests.

A hall was booked for the wedding ceremony. A hotel was booked for the groom’s party.

The music of shenai was humming in the air all over the house. I was virtually pulled up from my bed in early morning. I was unable to open my eyes.

ChotoMa and few other elders came and said to me. That they would offer some puja and after that I won’t be able to take any food till the rituals are finished.

Maithili winked at me and assured me that she won’t keep me hungry that long. I gave a faint smile. Only she understood what was going through me.

##

In the morning, Niladri came with the turmeric paste from the groom’s house. The turmeric paste was to be applied on me as a part of the ritual.

My relatives were very much happy when they were applying the turmeric paste and sandal paste on me. Maithili gently rubbed the paste on my cheek and hid her eyes over my shoulder. One by one other ladies also applied the paste. I was taken for bath.

I came out from the bathroom in a turmeric yellow saree. ChotoMa looked at my face and touched my chin. ChotoMa came and made me wear a iron bangle, auspicious sign for every married woman. I walked inside my room slowly. I observed that Teesta and Delisha has also arrived. I smiled at them. Both were looking beautiful and was enjoying my wedding. They were unaware of my pains.

I went to the drawing room, once. The moment I stepped into the drawing room, my feet got nailed on the floor.

A huge painting was gracing the wall of the drawing room. ChotoMa was looking at the painting.

The painting was of the theme of Death of Socrates. Socrates was a great scholar, he was being given the hemlock venom by the guards of prison. With one hand he was accepting the hemlock venom and with the other he was explaining the philosophy to his students.

What a painting it was. I was dumbfounded as I saw the painting. I looked at the corner of the painting. The signature was of him. “Abhimanyu, dated nineteen-ninety-one”.

ChotoMa was missing her son very much. I understood that as she was wiping her eyes as she stood in front of the huge painting. I clenched my jaws and closed my eyes. Slowly I turned my back and I didn’t entered the drawing room.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:49 PM