Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
On second week of November, Maithili arrived at our house.

She stayed by my side till the moment I sat before the sacrament pyre and I was “Mrs. Suchismita Karmakar”.

Shopping was on its full fledged mode. I did not accompany in any occasion of those shopping. Only once, I accompanied ChotoMa when she went to buy the red “Benarasi” saree. ChotoMa and Maithili did most of the shopping. I kept myself busy with the house chores and reading books. I could not think of anything. Most of the time my mind went blank.

I called Teesta and Delisha and informed them that I was getting married. They were very happy to hear that news.

##

One day Debobroto and Teesta arrived to my house. We all were sitting in my room, Maithili was also present.

Teesta asked me---“So at last our Mita is getting married.”

An unknown fear and pain wringed inside my chest.

Maithili looked at my face and answered to Teesta---“You are her friends, right.”

Teesta could not understand as what she meant to say. She nodded her head “Yes.”

Maithili gave a blank reply---“Nothing as such. Just asking”

#

One evening, ChotoMa and Babu called me to their room. They asked me to sit as they need to tell me something very important. I looked at them and was anxious as what would they say.

ChotoMa spoke---“Paree, we both know what we are doing for you. We have something to tell you as you will be stepping in a new realm of your life.”

I asked them---“What?”

ChotoMa said to me---“Just by meeting for few days, we cannot know how a person is or how the family is. This is the truth. Everyone has got a mask on their faces. As we keep on moving in our lives, we come to know about those persons.”

I was not clear as what they were trying to make me understand so I asked again---“Why are you telling these to me? I know that where I am going is a total new horizon for me. I will try my level best to cope with their family.”

She soothed my cheek and said---“Why I am telling these, is. Himadri works in a coal mine and stays with his parents. His father is a coal contractor. So it is hard to say how their mentality would be. But we all hope for the best. You have got a good bank balance and fixed deposits. Don’t divulge all those details, till you find a appropriate time. Understood?”

Tears almost engulfed my eyes. I looked at Babu and said---“You fixed my marriage and now you are saying that you are not sure as what type of family they are?”

I bit my lower lips and looked at ChotoMa and said to her---“What do you want me to do?”

She touched my palm and said---“Be quiet, don’t cry. After your marriage all I want that, you need to pester Himadri so that he can take a transfer to Kolkata in head office of Coal India Limited. You will be near me, in-front of me.”

I shook my head in dismay, clenched my jaws “ChotoMa, what are you doing? You have lost your son that does not mean that you can take away another son from his mother like this.”

She probably understood what I wanted to say---“Paree. Whatever I am saying is for your good only.”

I sobbed out---“ChotoMa, you know very well what was good for me. Please don’t hurt me more.”

Babu was unable to take anything more so he left the room.

ChotoMa took my face, her eyes were also hazy---“What you ask for, I can’t oblige that. That is a not done, Paree. Why don’t you try to understand? Everyone will curse me.”

I removed her hand from my face in angst and pain---“Please leave me.”

I walked out of the room, wiping my tears. My heart was paining.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:49 PM