Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
I was praised for the lunch that I prepared. A fake smile was always on my face as I was requested by ChotoMa to behave well.

##

After they went away, I came to my room and sat on the bed. I looked outside the window. My mind was totally blank. I was unable to think of anything that time. My future was then like a barren desert, I did not know whether there would be oasis in that desert or not.

ChotoMa came and sat beside me. She asked me---“Do you like him or not?”

I was disturbed by her question, she already knew what I like and what not. Even after that she was asking me such question.

I gave a blank look at her and said---“If you all have made up your mind then what can I say.”

She said to me---“His father is a renowned person in Dhanbad. They are rich. He is engineer also. I had several other matches for you. IAS, IPS but I wanted that you at least do not go far away from me. Dhanbad is only six hours distance by train. You can visit me anytime. I can visit you anytime.”

I nodded my head---“It is ok.”

She touched my cheek and asked me to smile. I gave a faint painful smile at her to keep her request.

#

I came to know form ChotoMa that Himadri’s house was in Hirapur in Dhanbad. He lived with his parents. He had a younger brother Niladri who helps his father in his coal-contractor. His mother, Rajani Karmakar was a house-wife.

##

Maithili and Meghna were informed about my marriage.

My sacrament was fixed in mid of December on that year.

I called Kalyani one night to inform her about my marriage.

She was quiet for some time and then said to me---“I won’t be able to stand before your sniveled face. Dipankar will attend your wedding.”

I clenched my fist and softly banged my forehead and sobbed out---“Who can stand before a girl’s fate? We are women, we have to sacrifice. We were born to get sacrificed.”

She kept the phone.

I could not sleep that night. I did not shed any tears also.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:43 PM