Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
At the gathering, I was always by side of her as I was unknown to all the people there. It was wedding of one relative of Babu.

As we entered, many persons turned their face towards me. Most of the males were giving a courtesy smile by looking at me. I smiled back at them.

I was introduced to the bride and the groom. I wished the bride for her well being.

I was left alone after sometime, so I sat on a chair on the balcony, looking up the dark night sky.

Durga Puja was near. The sky was bereft of rain clouds. There were stars twinkling. As I had nothing to do so I started counting the stars to kill my time.

##

My counting was broken as I heard someone to cough near me.

I looked up to find as who was there.

I saw a handsome person, probably of my age. He was tall, clean shaven. His jaws were strong. He was wearing a brown suit. From his built, I could fathom that he was a strong bodied person with muscular figure.

He looked at me and joined his palms to express courtesy to me.

I stood up and returned back his courtesy by joining my hands. I felt bit uncomfortable by his sudden presence.

His voice was very masculine as he talked---“I am Niladri Karmakar.”

I hesitated little and then smiled back at him---“Suchismita.”

He nodded his head and said---“I know that. Your Mom said to me.”

“My Mom?” I thought at first and then I was clear as he pointed to ChotoMa.

I looked at ChotoMa, who was standing at a distance talking to some aged person.

He continued---“My brother is manager in Jhamadoba colliery near to Dhanbad. Do you know Dhanbad?”

I nodded my head---“Yes I have heard of Dhanbad.”

He pointed to the person talking to ChotoMa---“That is my father, Kamalesh Karmakar. He is very renowned coal contractor in Dhanbad.”

---“My brother’s name is Himadri. He passed out from ISM Dhanbad. You know ISM, Indian School of Mines?”

I nodded my head again “Yes”.

He continued---“You have done M.Sc. in physics. Right? My brother also is very bright. He is mining engineer. He passed out in nineteen-ninety-five.”

I calculated his brother’s age in my mind he must be thirty-two years of age. Same time I thought, “Why he was talking about his brother instead of himself.”

He then asked me to sit on the chair and then he lit a cigarette.

He said then---“My father is looking for a beautiful bride for him.”

I smiled to myself “Oh! No, so all these were for your brother?”

He probably understood why I laughed---“No, no, no. I am only twenty-eight years old. I might be of same age as of yours.”

We both laughed out as he found my face turning red in shame. I looked the other way to hide my coy face.

He joked at me---“So, what do I call you? Suchismita Boudi is a very long name to call.”

I could not stop laughing. I joked at him---“I am still not your Boudi.”

He pointed out to ChotoMa and his father and said---“The way they are talking to each other. I am sure they want to finalize your marriage in the same fire here.”

I was feeling very light hearted. I was enjoying the way he spoke.

I asked---“Where is your brother?”

He slapped his forehead---“Work, work and work. He should have seen you. I am sure he will forget his work then.”

Again, it was my turn to hide my coy face. I bit my lower rosy soft lips to control my brewing smile.

He bent towards me and looked at my smiling face and said---“My brother is surely going to die.”

I felt bit uncomfortable by his over friendly actions.

I turned back to see what ChotoMa was doing. I saw that they were standing just behind us.

ChotoMa signed me to touch that aged man’s feet. I bent down to touch his feet to express my regards.

He touched my head and said---“I was looking for a Lakshmi for long time. I think my search is complete now.”

I looked down, to my feet to hide my pains which came in my eyes.

I told to myself “So this is fate. I am getting married at last. Total unknown horizon beckons me.”

That person told to ChotoMa---“It would have been better if Himadri would have been here. We have to come again to see my daughter-in-law.”

ChotoMa asked him---“This time please bring your wife along.”

Babu came near us and took away Niladri and Niladri’s father along with him.

ChotoMa touched my chin and said to me---“He is a nice person. His son, Himadri is an engineer.”

I looked at ChotoMa’s face and gave a faint smile “So you have at last find a way to get rid of me.”

Before leaving the venue, Niladri came to me and said to me---“We are coming next Sunday. I am sure that you will be my Boudi.”

I smiled softly at him and looked the other way. In reality I was unperturbed of what all was happening around me. Everything seemed fake. All those smiles I gave all those happiness I showed.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:40 PM