Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
My M.Sc. final exam was just over. I was very happy, as I knew that I would come out with flying colours. I was also happy that at last I would be able to free myself from the ivory cage of the emperor and the empress. The princess at last sensed the air of freedom.

One fine summer morning when no one was present at home, I called my Mom.

---“Ma, my exams are over I am coming back to you.”

Her voice was choked as she heard her daughter’s voice saying her that she would return to her lap---“Yes. Paree I am waiting.”

Her motherly concern flowed from her throat---“Now return to me lap my child.”

---“Yes Ma, now on whatever I do, I will do from my native place. I will search job and be with you, Ma.”

She asked me---“Have you got any news of Abhimanyu?”

I took a deep breath and then said to her---“No Ma. He has not contacted me yet, but I am sure he will come. I will wait for him, Ma. I know that by my heart that he will come back.”

---“Ok. So when are you coming back?”

---“Within few weeks.”

She gave good news to me---“Kalyani is expecting a child.”

I was surprised to hear that---“Really, I will call her just now.”

After talking with my Mom, I called Kalyani.

---“Congratulation! When did this happen?”

Kalyani’s voice was low; I felt she was also very happy---“Two months ago. I missed the last period then I was bit skeptical. But when I consulted doctor then I was certain.”

I was very happy, everything was going very well.

I almost screamed---“I am coming back to village. I will look after you.”

---“Surely I am waiting for you.”

I called Teesta after that.

---“Hey how are you doing?”

Teesta was bit surprised to hear my jovial voice---“You are sounding very happy today.”

---“Yes, I am going back to my native place.”

She was taken aback on hearing that. She screamed at the other end---“Means? You are leaving Kolkata forever?”

I calmed her down---“I am leaving that does not mean that I won’t be in touch with you.”

Her voice was low---“I want to meet you. Now.”

I calmed her down---“Ok. Before I leave for village, I will meet you. I give you my word.”

“Promise.” Her voice was shaky.

---“Promise dear.”

I told to ChotoMa that I would goto village for a change. She didn’t object. I didn’t disclose my real intention to her. My real intention was to break that chain and fly forever. I knew that very well that if I stay at their house then I would be married to someone else. I won’t be able to wait for him. More than seven hundred and thirty days had passed I heard his voice. Every night I used to take out his “Optics Notebook” and wrote my memoirs, my longings, my sleepless nights, my kisses. Every page I wrote bore marks of my red lips. Few pages also bore the wet marks of my dew drops those fell from, according to his writing “lotus buds”.

PG.: 01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:30 PM