Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Classes started, the final exam was few months away.

There were free periods in the second half that day. I had to complete my practical, so I was totally engrossed in my work. I forgot to bring the lunch on that day. There were few students in the class. Neither Teesta nor Delisha was there. Debobroto was also not there.

Time was flying by; I lost the count of time.

Suddenly I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I looked up with big surprising eyes to find Debobroto looking at me. There was an angry look in his eyes.

“Lady Vidyasagar. Skipping lunch won’t make you first in the class.” He pushed a sandwich in front of me and asked---“Eat this.”

I smiled at him and asked---“Who told you that I am hungry?”

---“Your face, idiot. Don’t ask anything just eat this or I will bang your head.”

“Why are you doing this to me?” I asked him.

He paid no heed to my words, unpacked that sandwich, and pushed that in my mouth. I was taken aback by his actions. I got choked.

I screamed---“You Swine, you are hurting me.”

While he pushed the sandwich, his left hand fingers grazed on my chin. He was laughing at me on my angry look.

I heard few footsteps at the door. I looked at the door with my mouthful of sandwich. I saw Teesta looking at us. There was a pain in her beautiful eyes. Her eyes glistened on seeing his hand on my chin.

I pushed his hand from my chin and looked down to my practical book.

I said to Debobroto---“Go away. Leave me.”

She quietly came near me and sat beside me. I was unable to look at her face. She stooped down, rested her head on the desk, and kept herself very silent. I could hear her heartbeat and her pulsating breath.

I looked over my shoulder and shouted at Debobroto---“When are you going to leave?”

---“Why?”

---“No periods are there now, so why are you waiting?”

He took his bag and approached my bench. He looked at both of us. Teesta had her head still on the bench.

He asked as what happened to her.

I asked him again---“Why are you waiting?”

He whispered---“I was waiting for you.”

I observed that Teesta clenched her fist under the table as she heard him say those words. Debobroto was unaware of her reactions as he was standing there.

I said to him---“I will go home later after finishing the practical notes.”

He joked at me---“Well, this class is for everyone. I will sit and won’t disturb you.”

I clenched my jaws and said to him in a commanding voice---“Just leave the class. Now. If you have nothing to do.”

He could not understand as what made me so angry that day. He gave a blank look at my face as he walked out silently.

I placed my hand on Teesta’s back. Her back trembled like a small twig caught in a storm.

I took her face between my palms and wiped few drops from her cheeks. Her eyes were closed.

I asked her---“Why have you not told me before?”

She sobbed out---“What should I tell you? He does not even look at me. He still feels that I am the same old Teesta. I am not the same, Mita. I am trying to change myself for him”

I shook my head---“You insane girl. Why haven’t you proposed him yet?”

She almost cried out---“He always looks at you. How could I know; what was in your heart?”

“My goodness!” I said to her. “Ok, I will handle this before I leave this college.”

She gave a queer look at me---“What about you?”

I told her the truth in a single sentence---“I don’t have my heart with me. Someone stole that long ago. So what I don’t have I can’t give that to anyone.”

I paused for few breaths and said to her---“Don’t ask who was he or where is he. Just be contented that my heart is not with me.”

She hugged me tightly and hid her face on the curve on my shoulder.

I assured her---“I will do my best, to bring you two together.”

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:27 PM