Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
##

One day I called Suprotim Da at night.

It was Ritika again on the other end. I asked her whether he called them or not. She said that he had not called for a long time. I was very much perturbed then by her answer. I kept my head cool. I told her that if he calls them, then just inform him that I am still to receive any type of communication from him. She was surprised to hear that that he had not contacted me. She pacified me that he would surely find out some way to contact me. I pacified my soul by her answer and let the waves flow through the river.

ChotoMa and Babu were again behaving normally with me. Their smiles returned back but were less. Those touches of affection were losing its sheen. “ShonaMa” was seldom heard from their lips.

#

Few months later, again I observed a tense look on their face. I could not understand as what was creating those wrinkles on their foreheads.

-

One day I gathered all my strength to ask them as what was disturbing them for long time?

ChotoMa returned from her school, I was in my room. Babu was watching TV in drawing room.

ChotoMa came into my room and asked about my college and friends.

I asked---“Why are you both so disturbed? Is that all due to me?”

She sat on my bed and looked at me---“No. We are not disturbed, just cursing the fate.”

I understood everything that was in their heart.

She went on---“You are growing older. Next year you will turn twenty-seven. I was thinking of searching a groom for you.”

I pressed my pen between my lips to hide my pain---“Why? Am I bothering you very much?”

---“Paree, age is a factor of every one’s life. As you grow old, you will understand that you need someone by your side to look after you. You mom or we won’t be with you forever.”

I shook my head and said---“I was thinking for a long time that I should return to my native place. I don’t want to pursue M.Sc. anymore.”

Her voice choked a little---“Don’t talk about going back to your native village. We still love you. You are not a burden on us. It is a general concern of all parents about their daughter.”

---“Then why are you talking about my marriage?”

---“We want to see you happy before we close our eyes. We are also getting old; your mom is also getting old. She also expressed her concern about your marriage.”

I was surprised to hear that---“What? My mom told you about my marriage?”

She shook her head and said---“No, not actually. She is also getting old and she also must be thinking about your marriage.”

“So it was your thought,” I told to myself. “You want to get rid of me as soon as possible. I know my Mom; she will not be asking you for my marriage at least. She knows what I want.”

She looked at my face which was lost in my Mom’s thought and asked---“What are you thinking?”

I voiced my concern---“Nothing. But if you all behave with me like that then it is hard to concentrate on my studies.”

She apologized to me---“Sorry. We will talk about this later on. A whole year is there to discuss and lot of time for you to think.”

She went away, closing the door behind her. I was unable to concentrate in my studies.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:17 PM