Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
During the Puja vacation, ChotoMa and Babu requested me to stay with them in Kolkata. I obliged happily. I never enjoyed puja of Kolkata before.

On the eve of Puja vacation, ChotoMa and Babu took me to BowBazar for buying gold jewelries.

That time I could not deny them.

On Ashtami morning, Debobroto called and asked whether I would like to go out with them or not.

I asked---“Who all are going?”

He told me that all of the friends would be going.

I asked---“One car or different cars?”

He joked at me---“Why? Don’t you feel comfortable with me?”

I laughed on him---“Come on Debobroto. Do not be mischief. I am asking so that we can enjoy.”

---“Ok I will hire a van or an Innova to take us all.”

---“Is Teesta coming with us?”

---“Surely it was her plan to go out.”

I asked ChotoMa that I wanted to go out with my friends and will be late for home. They did not oppose.

I dressed in a simple cream coloured cotton saree with dark green border. Tied my plaids in a bun; hanging below my nape.

ChotoMa looked at me and almost screamed---“What is this Paree? Today is Ashtami puja and you are dressed like this? What about the saree that I gave you this Puja?”

She presented a beautiful South Indian silk of green and golden border, on that puja.

I gave a faint smile at her and said---“This is ok.”

She pushed me inside my room---“At least don’t be so colour less in life.”

“Ok” I shook my head and changed myself in that gorgeous saree. It went very well with my cream soft complexion. She came out with her jewelry box and tied a necklace around my neck.

I looked at ChotoMa and asked her---“What the need of this?”

She rubbed her palm on my head and said---“Nothing. I am looking how beautiful you are. Enjoy with your friends and keep your mobile on all the time so that we can reach you.”

I nodded my head and said---“Oh! ChotoMa I am not a child anymore.”

I was dressed in that green coloured silk saree. Hair plaids ran down till my end of my back. I wore a matching green blouse. Few gold bangles adorned my thin wrist. Small gold earring dangled beautifully from my ears. My right lock danced on my right cheek. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled “Paree you are going to set fire to Kolkata.”

All of a sudden, I felt a touch on my shoulder, a very soft loving touch. There was no reflection on the mirror but I was sure that I felt that touch on my shoulder.

Someone whispered in my ears---“EVE you are looking gorgeous today.”

I stood there looking at my face, gradually my chest gurgled. My nose tip turned red. Tears brewed in my eyes. I pressed my palms on my chest to drowse my pain. I touched my shoulder where I felt his touch and pressed it on my lips.

Just then, my mobile phone rang.

Teesta shouted from the other end---“Come on. What are you waiting for? We are all waiting for the queen bee at the bus stop.”

I wiped the corner of my eyes and answered---“Wait. I am coming.”

ChotoMa looked at me from head to toe and kissed my forehead.

She said to me in her usual affectionate tone---“Enjoy with your friends.”

I took my brown clutch and walked out.

I reached bus-stop. Teesta was looking very beautiful in her baby pink silk saree. Short sleeved blouse. A pair of crystal earring was twinkling from her ears. Her braids were tied in a bun as I did previously. Dark brown color glued on her pouting lips. A small gold chain tied around her neck. The rhombus shaped locket dangled at the curve on her upper chest. For the first time I saw her in saree. “She looks beautiful in all dresses” I thought. She ran towards me, hugged me tightly, and whispered in my ears “If I were a boy I would have courted you Mita.”

I looked in her naughty eyes and complimented her---“You are going to set fire today not I.”

I smiled at Debobroto. He was looking dashing in his black kurta with golden yellow embroidery all over the collar and front. He was wearing a pair of cream jeans.

I told to myself “Both of them were made for each other, not for me.”

He smiled and came near me, whispered in my ears---“I will have a tough time to handle two beautiful ladies.”

I told to myself “Only one dear. Do not even try to think of me. Can’t you see the love that is dripping from Teesta’s eyes? What a fool you are. She has changed a lot.”

Instead I slapped his head and said---“Don’t try to get closer; else we both will fry you in fry pan.”

I asked them---“Where are the others?”

Teesta winked at me and said---“There is no others. We three only are going out.”

I almost screamed at them---“WHAT?”

“Why? Don’t you feel secure around me?” Debobroto asked me.

I shook my head in dismay. Everything became crystal clear in front of my eyes as I looked at Teesta’s loving cute face. Teesta arranged for the outing with Debobroto and Debobroto asked her whether I could go along with them or not.

I felt myself laughing after a long time. Teesta was babbling like a nightingale all the time.

It was night about eleven o’clock when we reached Muhammad Ali Park puja pandal. It was very crowded. I looked at the crowd and said to Debobroto that I will not go inside.

Teesta gave a pleading look at me and asked to accompany her.

Debobroto said that he does not want to go inside if I were not going. I stood helpless.

Teesta pleaded again---“Please Mita. There will be crowd everywhere.”

I told them that I had to make a call. I wanted to call Suprotim Da as to ask whether he had contacted them or not. Sixteen months passed without any news of him.

She looked at Debobroto who was still looking at me. I gave a faint smile at them and asked them to enjoy.

Teesta walked with Debobroto towards the puja pandal, in the crowd. She held his left arm tightly with her both hands, as if she did not want to let him go. I smiled at them as they walked towards the crowded place. All the time Teesta was holding his arm and looking at his face.

They were about to enter the pandal. Debobroto looked back over his shoulder and stretched his right hand towards me.

I took out my mobile and was to call Suprotim Da.

His eyes got a pleading look. He shouted, as there was huge noise all around---“I am still waiting for you, Mita.”

I clutched the mobile in my palm and forgot that I had to make a call. I looked at Teesta. Her eyes were glistening, but there was a smile on her lips. She looked at me. Her eyes told me many things. I shook my head “What are you doing Debobroto? Are you really so blind?”

I slowly walked towards them and patted on his back---“You won’t change Debobroto?”

He joked at me---“Why do I need to change?”

Teesta whispered “For my sake Debu.” Her words, drowned in the loud blaring noise. It did not reached Debobroto’s ears but it reached mine.

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:15 PM