Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Chapter 8: Sapling crushed

--------------------------------

ChotoMa came on that day to take me back. My Mom was almost in tears as she bid good bye.

As usual, Babu sent a car to pick me up. While returning, ChotoMa asked me as how I spend my holidays. I asked her as what she did when I was not at home.

She looked at me, rubbed her palm on my head, and said---“We both missed you a lot.”

I looked at her face smiling face, hugged her, and nudged my face on the curve of her shoulder. She asked me---“What happened?”

---“I missed you a lot.”

---“Ok, your first year exams are coming near. Now onwards, only study and nothing else.”

College started. Days passed. There was no communication received from him in any sense. With every passing day, I grew more restless. To overcome that turbulence inside my heart, I dipped myself in my studies.

The day was midweek of July. First year exam results were declared. I came out with good colours in my mark sheet. Both ChotoMa and Babu were happy by my progress.

It was raining from the morning. On that day one year ago, all our dreams shattered. From the very morning, I observed that Babu and ChotoMa were acting very indifferent towards me. I sensed that they were missing their son very much. I understood that I was not their daughter “Why should someone lose their own son due to some other’s daughter’s fault?” That day they were very much agitated and after I returned from college Babu asked for my mobile. I could not understand at first.

Babu asked me---“Paree, can I use your mobile? I have to make a call.”

I was sure that he wanted to check my call-logs so as to find that whether I have received any call from him or not.

I gave him my mobile and went inside my room to change my dress. The showers were still pouring from the heaven. Thunders were rattling the air and the walls of the house. After sometime, ChotoMa also returned from her school. I was in the kitchen preparing the dinner.

ChotoMa came to the kitchen after changing her dresses. Her face was sullen.

She gave a fake smile at me---“How are you today?”

I shook my head “I am fine.”

She started to chop the onions along with me. I observed with the corner of my eyes that she was wiping her eyes frequently. “Was that due to the onions or she was missing her son?” I was also missing him very much that day.

She said in a low voice---“Few things in life, we fail to understand why that happens.”

I looked at her, tried to understand as what she wanted to say.

I was not a child, unknown to the facts of this harsh reality of the world around me. Both ChotoMa and Babu were very quiet during the dinner. They only asked about my studies and nothing else. Their perturbed face was killing me. That night I wrote the most painful thoughts in my “Optics Notebook”.

---“I was a girl, who posses just the opposite nature of Midas touch. Whatever touches my life turns into stone instead of gold. I was born, my father passed away. I wanted to pursue my studies which brought Abhimanyu near me. He went away, squandered off in this world away from his own parents. ChotoMa and Babu lost their own blood and flesh. What should I do? Where should I go? Only those eight months, he was by my side. I felt as if conquering the whole world. I felt the world at my feet. Now he is gone. Suchismita left her native place as a Paree. Time transmigrated her to Mita. What more dark nature, the life has to unfurl before me?”

From that day, my reactions for my foster parents started to change. Gradually the way of their conversation and behavior changed.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:12 PM