Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Every night before I went to bed, Dushtu would come and ask me for a story. I used to read him those nonsense poems written by him. He used to laugh. He used to ask me as who has written those poems. I told him that his Abhi uncle wrote those poems and stories when he was young.

#

Days passed. The summer break was coming to an end.

In the mean time, ChotoMa called me and told me that she would come to take me back. Mom was bit sad on hearing that I had to go.

I hugged Mom and said her---“This time why don’t you come to stay with us?”

She gave a painful look---“You have Ulupi, your ChotoMa with you. But my eldest son has none. I have to look after him also.”

On the penultimate night, Dushtu came as usual to listen to stories.

In his usual childish voice, he asked me---“Promise me that next Puja, you will bring Abhi Uncle along with you.”

I smiled sweetly at him and assured him---“Surely I will bring him. But on one condition.”

He gave a queer look at me.

I ruffled his silky hair---“Tell me the story your Abhi Uncle told you.”

He kissed me on my cheek---“O, that story.”

He scratched his scalp and the laughed at me---“I don’t remember that.”

I gave a veiled displeasing look at him---“Then your Abhi uncle will not come.” And I started to tickle him all over.

He laughed and laughed---“Ok, ok. I will tell you that story.”

He took my left arm in his clutch, while I combed his silky hair.

He started to tell that story, once he told to Dushtu.

---“Long time ago, there was a fairy godmother who lived in a hut surrounded by huge trees on one side and green fields on the other side. There was a small pond on the backside of her hut. Her days passed by nurturing the flowers and plants that beautified her small garden in front of her hut. Then one day that fairy godmother saw a small lotus bud in a pond. The bud was not growing at all even after several days. So the fairy godmother plucked the lotus bud and brought that to her hut. She kept that bud in a glass utensil. She poured honey, dew, and milk in that utensil to grow that bud.

One beautiful morning, she woke up only to find that the lotus bud was gone. A baby fairy was lying in that utensil. The baby fairy was glowing in the rays of morning sun. Her skin complexion was of golden honey in colour. She had two little wings on her back. Her ten little fingers were rubbing the side of the glass utensil. She was trying to get out. Her hair was of jade black in color. Her pair of small eyes was twinkling in the soft rays of sun. She was babbling all sweet baby nothings.

Fairy godmother cried in happiness that that lotus bud bloomed into a baby fairy. She took out that baby fairy out of the utensil and wrapped her in a white and blue silk cloth. She fed her with honey and dew every day.

Days passed, the baby grew to a beautiful fairy. Her wings grew strong. Those were colourful. Colours of peacock and seven rays of sun were painted on her wings. However, she was not strong enough to fly. Because fairy godmother never taught her to fly. Fairy godmother always wanted to keep that young fairy with her, always forever.

She used to play in the sun, on the grass fields. She used to nurture those flowerbeds in front of her house. She used to drink the morning dews. She used to take fruits. Honeybees used to bring her honey every morning.

Her braids grew longer day by day. Those braids flowed on the ground while she walked. She used to prepare garlands out of the flowers and tied those in her hair and on her wrists.”

I was surprised to hear that story. I was speechless by his imagination.

Dushtu continued---“One night the fairy godmother was not at home. She was out for some work to finish, in the moonlight. The young beautiful fairy was inside her hut, looking outside the window to the dark blue sky and those stars twinkling over head. Suddenly she heard a noise. She looked around her, but there was no one around. She quietly opened the door and looked outside. She was very much surprised to find a milky white unicorn standing at her door and looking at her. The young fairy could not understand as what to do. She came near the unicorn and patted him on his neck. The unicorn neighed. The fairy got frightened at first. But the unicorn rubbed his neck on the fairy’s cheek assuring her that he meant her no harm.

She ushered the unicorn into her hut. She looked at the unicorn for a long time with her big eyes full of amazement. After sometime, she fell asleep.

The first light of the dawn touched the window of her hut, caressed gently on her cheek and face. The warmth of the morning sun woke her up. She was surprised to see a handsome youth sitting in the place of the unicorn. She was taken aback. She got frightened. She was about to shriek when the young lad pressed his hand on her lips and stopped her scream.

She sat there as she felt huge waves inside her chest. She was very much frightened and how that unicorn vanished and a handsome youth was sitting at his place.

The young lad spoke at last “I am a thief. I can disguise in any form. I came here to steal the doll from the fairy godmother. But when I saw you I forgot about the doll. I changed myself into an unicorn to get into the house.”

The young beautiful fairy was listening quietly. The thief asked her “Do you want to fly? Do you want to go beyond those woods? Do you want to hear how the rivers sing?”

Very gently, the fairy nodded her head. She was mesmerized on hearing his strong deep voice.

The thief wrapped the fairy in a huge cloak and dug the floor of the hut. They dug under the fields for few days and made a passage beyond the forest. After few days when they came out of the passage, the fairy found her beyond the huge forest. There were high snow peaked mountains in front of her.

The thief asked her “Do you want to fly?”

The fairy nodded her head “Yes.”

The thief scooped up the fairy on his lap and threw her in the air. At first, she fell down, but the thief caught her in his strong arms. Again, he threw the fairy in the air. This time she fluttered her huge wings. She floated in the air. She looked down. The thief was walking along with her on the ground following her shadow.

The fairy flew to the mountains and the thief followed her shadow to the mountains.”

I held my breath till he finished the last sentence and smiled at me.

He asked me---“Do you know the rest part of the story?”

I asked him---“Why? Does this story end here?”

He nodded his head---“Yes. He didn’t tell what happened next.”

I thought about the story, the story of the thief, who stole the fairy from her godmother and ran to the mountains. He taught the fairy how to fly. Moreover, after that day the fairy flew in the air, under the sun over the trees over the green grass. Once the fairy looked down but could not find the thief there. She thought that the thief might have gone somewhere and would return. The thief did not return for long time.

I gently pulled his chubby cheeks and nudged him---“Go to sleep now. Next time when Abhi uncle will come, he will tell you the rest of the story as what happened to the thief and the fairy.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:11 PM