Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
I was happy again, but there was an underlying fear that crept parallel to that joy inside my heart. Days passed there were no calls neither there was any letters. However, I did not lose my hope.

I went to my native place during my summer break. That time Babu went with me. He told me that he want to visit my native place after a long time. I was very much uncomfortable to go with Babu as he was a very calm and quiet person, although he loved me very much.

All the way to my native place, Babu was very quiet. I could not fathom what all was going inside his head.

We reached my native place by the evening. My Mom was surprised to find Babu along with me. She was flabbergasted to find him at her doorsteps. The whole house rumbled on his arrival.

Especially Maithili and Meghna Boudi were unable to understand as how to show concern. I was all smiling inside my heart by observing their restlessness.

I told my Mom---“Ma, he is only my Babu. Why are you all feeling so restless?”

My Mom said to me---“He is a respectable person.”

---“I know Ma.”

“He has come to my house after long, long time” Her voice was filled up with gratitude.

Babu looked at my Mom and said---“I have come to discuss few things with you.”

Suddenly a gush of blood raced to my head. I gave a pleading look at Babu “Please don’t devastate my life.” I clutched my Mom’s arms and whispered to her ears---“What are you going to discuss?”

She looked at me and assured me---“Don’t worry. He has come to discuss something for your better only.”

She called Sumanto Da and Shasanko Da.

Both Meghna Boudi and Maithili asked Babu---“This discussion can happen tomorrow also.”

Babu smiled at them---“No. Dear.” He joked---“This is after all my in-laws house. I can’t spend a night here.”

Mom veiled her pains and said to him---“Arjun. Do not say those words at least. We can surely talk about that tomorrow morning.”

He said---“Tomorrow morning I have some work. So I have to return tonight.”

They all went inside a room. I went to my room to keep my luggage. All the time they were discussing, whatever be it, I was having huge turbulence inside my chest---“What if Babu talks about my marriage? What if Babu speaks about him and our affair?”

I silently sat on my bed, looked outside the window. It was dark outside.

Maithili knocked at my door---“May I come in?”

After a long, long time she spoke to me.

I smiled back at her. I asked her---“How are you doing?”

She smiled back---“Am doing fine. How about you?”

I veiled my anxiety as what could be her intentions and told her---“My College is going good. I have lots of friends. My studies are going well.”

She sat beside me and placed her palm on mine---“I am not asking about your college, Paree.”

I looked at her. There was no sight of revenge or anger in her eyes. It was filled up with affectionate love. Her gaze melted my heart.

My chest quivered a bit. Bosoms heaved. I asked her---“What do you want to know?”

She placed her palm on my cheek and I went jelly inside my chest. I pressed her palm on my cheeks to feel her warmth.

“How is he?” she asked.

“He is fine. He is in New Delhi.” when I answered that, I knew by my heart that he was fine.

I was skeptical at that point of time “Should I tell her about the mess that happened? Should I ask her for help? What if she was playing with me? Only he could duel with hers venomous captivity.”

She talked on about her days in my house. We chatted for long time. But I didn’t mention anything of our mess as what had happened. I concealed that.

After sometime, my Mom came to my room and informed me that Babu was leaving.

I came downstairs. He had finished his dinner already.

He told me that my ChotoMa would come to take me back after the summer break. I bent to touch his feet before he left.

I asked him---“What have you told to my Mom and brothers?”

He placed his palm on my head and said---“Whatever it was, it was for your future and it was for your well being. Your Mom will tell you in details.”

After dinner I went to my Mom’s room and asked her---“What has Babu told to you all?”

She was folding her beetle leaf. She looked at me ---“Your Babu loves you very much. Right?”

“Yes” I nodded my head.

---“He came to ask that whether our property has been mutated or not.”

My first reaction was that, “Was he a mean person eyeing my property? After all he was not my father.” I asked her---“What that to do with him?”

---“He wanted to know, if this property is mutated or not and do you have any share, which you have. He wanted to sell that part and deposit the whole amount in a fixed-deposit in your name. So that if you want to pursue further studies or after your marriage, your future could be secured.”

A deep breadth came out of my chest, a huge boulder moved. Sometimes I failed to understand properly my Babu and ChotoMa. Were they over concerned about me or every parents are like that about their daughters?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:06 PM