Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Days passed. The ripples around me were unable to touch me or move me in any sense. The distance between Teesta and me, widened further. I could feel that, most of the people were also avoiding her mainly Delisha and Pushpanjali.

The Holi festival came. A year before that day, I was very much happy. A year before that day, I was in my native place. I enjoyed Holi with my friends. I anxiously waited for the next Holi to spend with him. A Holi I wanted to remember for lifetime, which never occurred in my life.

Just like any normal day, that day I bathed in the morning and offered Puja in the puja room.

ChotoMa and Babu asked me whether any of my friends would be visiting me or not. I said them that no one would visit me.

I offered them my regards by applying the coloured powder on their feet and they blessed me. All the colours from my life were gone. Both of my guardians understood the pain in my heart but kept quiet. ChotoMa applied the coloured powder on my forehead and blessed me.

For the whole day, I kept myself busy in reading books and doing house chores. I used to do all the house chores whenever I was at home. I used to keep myself engaged to the brim so as keep away the thoughts away from my head.

#

Next day when I went to college, I found colours on every ones face and hand. Everyone asked me as what kept me away from the festival of colours. How could I tell them that all the colours from my life were gone?

After the college was over I was about to walk out of the class.

Debobroto came to me and asked---“From the very first day I noticed that you are not like any other girls. Several times I thought to ask you as what has happened but very aptly you dodged my queries.”

I nodded my head and smiled at him---“Nothing happened. I have got allergy to the colours. Rashes develop on my skin so I don’t play Holi.”

---“I am not asking about Holi. But after that day, you took away the letter you went in confinement.”

“I am trying to take myself out from that confinement Debobroto.” I said to him. “My beloved sister-in-law passed away and that shook me from my core.”

He smiled mischievously at me; his right hand was behind---“May I help you to pull out of your confinement?”

Then all of a sudden, he poured a handful of coloured powder on my face.

I was angry; I was hurt, I was furious. Just a year back, I dreamt of that moment to spend with him.

I held his hand and pushed that aside and yelled at him---“WHAT are you doing? Leave me.”

He rubbed his fingers on my cheeks. My cream cheeks were smeared with red coloured powder.

“Come on Mita. It is just a festival of colours. Everyone drown themselves in the colour of their life.” He joked at me and tried to pursue me.

“Please don’t do this type of tricks with me.” There was quiver in my voice when I said those words to him. He did not understand the underlying pain of my heart.

He looked in my eyes, contracted his brows---“There is something inside which I am missing. One day I will definitely try to get that Suchismita out of Mita.”

I shook my head and told to myself “No one can bring out the real Suchismita from Mita, except him. Only he can unveil his Paree. Else ……”

I asked him---“Can I ask you one question?”

He smiled at me and said---“I am ready to give any answer Mita. Just ask.”

---“Why haven’t you courted Teesta, when you were in college.”

He was surprised by my question. He was not expecting that from me.

He gave a queer look at me and asked---“I didn’t expect this question from you. I thought of something else.”

I shook my head and told to myself “I know what you were anticipating.”

Still I asked him again---“Why haven’t you courted Teesta, when you liked her very much?”

He shook his head and faced away---“No that is past. She did not understand my underlying love. She always thought that those were mere friendly gestures.”

“So you have a soft corner still in your heart for her?” Suddenly I threw that question to him.

He shook his head again---“Come on! That is past. It will not come back to me again. I want to see my future in front of my open eyes.”

He looked into my deep dark eyes and expressed his apologies for hurting me. He asked me to wash my face. Before leaving for home, I washed my face in the restroom.

No colours other than his; should be on my face or in me.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 12:59 PM