Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
On Sunday morning, Teesta called---“We are coming to pick you up. Actually Tirthankar has got his car with him.”

Tirthankar, I noticed his eyes hovered over my torso as we met for the first time. Then I felt awkward. I thought to decline her help and then I thought “Let me face and see what he can do?”

I waited at the bus-stand for them to pick me up. He came in a blue Maruti Alto with Teesta in tow.

Teesta greeted me with open arms---“You are looking beautiful even in this simple salwar.”

She wore a white silhouette hugging navy blue top and a faded pairs of jeans. I looked at Tirthankar; he waved his hand and asked me to sit on the back seat.

Teesta also sat with me in the back seat and slapped Tirthankar’s head---“Now drive and don’t look back you naughty fellah.”

He smiled at us and started to drive---“It is hard to drive if such two beauties are seated on the backseat.”

I knew that that was for me, but I didn’t spoke a word.

All the way to the Esplanade, Teesta babbled various nonsense’s most of which I didn’t pay any attention.

She asked me---“Why have you become so quiet?”

I shook my head---“Nothing, that’s my nature.”

---“But you were a different type when we first met. You were more jovial and puerile. Something has happened in between.”

I waved my hand and smiled at her---“Nothing, dear. Change is evitable in every person as the person matures. Quantum Mechanics!”

We both laughed as she heard me talking about physics.

As we reached the Globe Theatre, we found Delisha and Danish. It was first time I was meeting Danish. He was tall, probably six feet, fair and handsome guy. He looked dashing in his faded blue jeans and blue and pink check shirt. I looked at Delisha, who gave a bear hug to me and complimented.

“You are not going to change. You will always dress simple but elegant” Delisha said to me.

I looked at Danish and joined my palms to express courtesy. He looked at me and the look was very different from all males. Those eyes contained glimmer of affection, stripes of pain.

He looked at me and smiled---“No need to do that Apa."

I couldn’t understand as what he addressed to me and I asked Delisha as what he has told.

Danish came near me and said---“My elder sister is in Dubai. I have not met her for a long time. You reminded me of her so I was looking at you like that.”

His words made my sight little hazy, which he and Delisha noticed.

Delisha rubbed me shoulders---“Come on enjoy the movie.”

I smiled at Delisha and said---“Danish is very handsome and good person. Heaven has made you two with ultimate perfection.”

---“Come on. You are too much emotional.”

That amorous beautiful pair, reminded me of him, for one second. I shook my head involuntarily, when I thought of the “Schindler’s list” movie incident.

Pushpanjali and Sankho reached together, but our leader Debobroto was nowhere in the scene.

I looked at the poster it was screening “Cliffhanger” of Sylvester Stallone.

Teesta looked at Sankho and teased him---“Is Pushpanjali is with you?”

He was a quiet timid guy so he smiled and blushed---“Actually she lives near my house so we came together.”

I asked Pushpanjali as where was Rajat. She shook her head---“How can I know?”

Delisha whispered in my ears---“Don’t tell; they had a huge fight yesterday.”

I looked at her---“What, were they seeing each other?” I didn’t know that an undercurrent of love was flowing between Rajat and Pushpanjali.

After sometime, Debobroto came along with Rajat in tow. They were smoking cigarette.

As soon as he saw Danish and Tirthankar, he screamed---“Hey, today brother-in-laws are going to give us the treat. Come on.”

We all laughed. Danish bought the tickets.

We took our seats. Teesta was on my right and Pushpanjali was on my left. On Pushpanjali’s left it was Debobroto instead of Rajat. On Teesta’s right, Tirthankar was seated. The movie started.

As the scenes progressed I felt someone touching my back, the exposed upper back, beneath my bun. I looked back in anger and I was totally taken aback to find Tirthankar was grazing his fingers on my exposed skin.

My ears burnt and I clenched my jaws. I felt being molested with that touch. That shameless devious person was caressing my exposed back while his girlfriend was sitting next to him with her arms on his chest. I leaned forward.

Pushpanjali noticed that and asked me as what has happened. I shook my head to say her that nothing has happened.

After sometime I looked back. His hand was not there, so I leaned back on the seat again. As soon as I leaned back, I felt those lewd fingers on my bun again. I was furious by his gestures. I leaned forward again and that time Debobroto noticed me.

He looked back on the seat and he clenched his jaws. He outstretched his arms behind Pushpanjali’s back and rested on my seat.

I sensed that some fight would start now, as I knew Debobroto was hot headed. Same time I was smiling inside.

As I expected so it happened. Tirthankar’s finger touched Debobroto’s palm and he clutched his hand.

In the midst of the hall, Debobroto growled at Tirthankar---“Come out, we need to talk.”

Teesta was unaware of all the activities so she gave a bewildered look at Debobroto and Tirthankar and me.

---“What happened?”

Tirthankar palm was still in Debobroto’s clutch. He said---“Nothing just nothing. I was caressing Teesta’s back and may be it touched hers.”

I knew that he was telling lie, his touches were deliberate.

I stood up from my seat and said---“I am not going to watch, I am going.”

Debobroto growled at Tirthankar---“You swine, son-of-bitch walk outside with me.”

Danish was sitting next to Tirthankar. He and Delisha looked at me and asked as what has happened.

I said that I was not feeling well so I was going out.

Debobroto was furious then as he saw me standing. He pulled up Tirthankar from his seat by force.

---“You swine, are you coming out or I will kill you here.”

Teesta was unable to understand as what all was happening.

I told her---“I am not feeling well. I am going home.”

I walked out alone. Debobroto and Rajat also came out after me. They asked me as what actually has happened.

I told them---“I am not feeling well” my ears were burning in shame as if some has bangd in broad daylight. I wiped the corner of my eyes; those tears were not hidden from Debobroto.

After few minutes, Delisha and Danish also came out. Danish asked me also the same question. When Debobroto told him Tirthankar’s activities, he was furious. 

After few more minutes, Teesta walked out with Pushpanjali. My face burnt in anger the moment I saw Teesta.

Debobroto shouted at her---“Keep your swine under chain. You bitch. If he ever comes in front of me again, I promise that I will kill him.”

Teesta gave a fiery look at Debobroto and said to him---“Mind your language.”

I said to Teesta---“Think of a situation, if same incident happened to you what you would have done?”

Teesta said---“It was not a deliberate action. It was by fluke.”

I wiped my lips with the back of my hand as it had already gone dry with anger---“You better know what you are hiding.”

Teesta took my hand in hers and apologized---“If something of that sort has happened, then I will deal with him. I am sorry for what has happened. I apologize to you. Now please come in.”

I was in no mood after that incident to go inside so I said---“No. I want to go back home.” I paused for few seconds and then continued---“Once my ChotoMa cautioned me that friends are hard to find in this world and I should judge before getting close.”

We both understood that a crack has developed in our friendship. We both gave a painful glance at each other.

Delisha hugged me and consoled me---“Let her go.”

She looked at Teesta and said---“Someday you will understand that how your careless nature, destroyed your surroundings.”

On hearing those words from Delisha’s lips, tears rolled down Teesta’s cheeks.

Danish came to me and said---“Come on Apa. Leave her. Let us goto my house, Ammii will be very happy to see you. My eldest sister has not come home in last three years.”

Delisha also pleaded me to visit her future in-laws house.

I smiled at them and said---“Ok. But I need to inform Babu.”

I called Babu and informed that I would return late as I was going out with my friends. He didn’t object but cautioned me as every dotting father does for his child. Sometimes I find hard to understand ChotoMa and Babu.

We walked out of the hall, Teesta stood there alone in the portico of the theatre alone and lost.

Debobroto asked Danish that where his residence was?

Delisha asked him---“Are you going with us?” She joked at him---“You are not invited.”

“Come on” he laughed at Danish “No brother. I am also not feeling well actually.”

He shook hand with Danish and left us.

##

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 12:56 PM