Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Chapter 6: Reeling stone

----------------------------

Does the life end if a person goes away? Pubali passed away, but her parents lived. Arundhuti lived. I also made up my mind and consoled my soul “It is fate that has to be blamed. Fate brought us together only to bring pain in our life. We have to overcome that pain and life doesn’t end there.”

Days passed. I tried hard to rebuild my soul. But my heart and soul always reminded me the pain of separation.

I lost weight and that was noticed by ChotoMa and Babu.

One Sunday morning Babu asked me---“What happened to you? You are not having your food properly and you are losing weight? This is not a good sign Paree.”

ChotoMa also voiced the same and I was taken to a doctor. But medicines didn’t helped that much.

After the winter break the classes started as usual. I drowned myself in studies and books.

ChotoMa noticed that I was very quiet; I lost all the old composure that I used to have. My free spirit, frolic nature was gone.

She asked me one day---“You have to be strong and forget the past. A whole new life is waiting ahead of you.”

I looked at her face and said---“You want me to forget as what has happened? Tell me how.”

She held my hands in hers and said---“I am a mother. I have sacrificed so why can’t you?”

I gave a painful smile---“I have drowned myself in books and studies. I will try to rebuild my old composure. But you have lost your son what about that?”

She let out a deep breath from her chest---“Probably he will understand someday.”

Slowly I freed my hand from her clutch---“Can I be alone for some time? Please.”

I closed the door after she left my room. ChotoMa’s soul was also bearing the pain but she was adamant about her prestige that we can’t be together. Did she know that her son has gone out of India? I didn’t know then.

My guardians sensed that I had totally doused myself in my studies and books. They felt some freedom should be given to me.

#

Winter was passing away. One year has passed after that beautiful trip to Chitkul.

It was third week of February. One day after the college, we all friends were walking towards the Medical College.

Debobroto asked me---“You took away the letter, why?”

I smiled at him---“Suprotim Da, to whom the letter was addressed, was not in Delhi. He has shifted to Bangalore.”

---“Can I ask as what was so important in that letter? You seemed to be very desperate then.”

I hide my pains behind a smile---“No you can’t. That’s all a ladies talk between two friends.”

---“So have you contacted him after that to talk to your friend?”

---“Yes I have contacted. Now there is no need.”

What he understood I didn’t know. But Teesta and Delisha looked at us while we were talking.

Teesta teased me---“Am I sensing some smoke between you two?”

Debobroto patted on the back of her head and said---“Don’t think everyone like you at least.”

Delisha nodded her head---“Hmmmm…… too much possessive about her.”

---“Hey, I am not Tirthankar and she is not Teesta. So you two better keep your mouth shut.”

I sensed that I was the centre of their discussion which could turn ugly.

So I said to at all of them---“We are friends, so let it be as a friendship. No more words. I am fine with what I have.”

He said to all of the people---“Want to enjoy a movie.”

Rajat, Pushpanjali, Sankho and every one nodded their head in accordance.

I kept quiet as I was not in mood that day to watch any movie.

Debobroto looked at me and asked---“What about you?”

I shook my head---“Not today. May be some other day.”

“Sunday?” he asked me. At that time I was skeptical about ChotoMa’s permission.

I said to him---“I would try.”

---“Good then. Sunday at Globe.”

Rajat and Pushpanjali said in chorus voice---“So for one person we are going to postpone our movie?”

Teesta came to my rescue---“No, no. I was also thinking of Sunday. Tirthankar would also come then.”

Delisha also voiced---“Then Danish can also be with us. It will be very good gathering.”

We all settled for the movie on Sunday.

##

On Saturday evening I asked ChotoMa for permitting me to enjoy a movie with my friends. She gave the permission to enjoy with my friends but cautioned me to return before night fall. That was the first outing with my friends after I was chained in an ivory cage.

I sensed the air of freedom. But that breeze of freedom was a stench one.

I wore a pink and red salwar and dressed myself very simple. Not much of make ups or anything. Only the lock danced on my right cheek.

##

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 12:55 PM