Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Few days after that incident, I stood at the College Street bus-stand waiting for my bus. The winter had already set in Kolkata. The festive season of Christmas could be felt in the air. I was in a salwar 

and a cardigan. I was feeling cold all due to heavy heart. Few busses passed by but I was lost somewhere else in his thought. Someone touched my shoulder.

---“You are standing here since long time. Two or three busses of your route had already passed.”

I recognized the voice; it was of Sankho Chakroborty of our class only. We talked very less as he was bit timid guy. He was not so tall, just medium built medium height guy. Very, very normal looking 

person and he were studious. He never had courage to talk to me as Teesta, Delisha, Debobroto and few others were always with me. I was also counted as a very, very studious and snobby person. It 

was all due to my quiet nature. Probably I talked less, mingled with less people.

I smiled faintly at him---“Just like that. All those busses were crowded so I was just waiting for some other bus.”

He asked me---“Want to walk with me till Sealdah? From there you will get several buses for your home.”

I nodded my head “Ok”.

As soon as we started to walk I heard a whistle. On hearing that I was sure that cunning Debobroto had definitely seen us together and he would surely make my life hell.

He came running towards me and asked---“Sankho? I am surprised to find you walking away with my girlfriend.”

He teased me a lot and he always wanted to bring smile on my gloom face. On hearing those words I flung my bag at him. Sankho was shy person so he kept quiet.

He patted on Sankho’s back and said to him---“Now you can go. I will take her from here.”

I yelled at him---“You rascal, am I your property?”

He teased me again---“Not yet.”

Sankho’s scratched his scalp and quietly walked away.

After he went away, Debobroto all of sudden became serious and asked me---“What has happened to you? Since few days, I have observed that you are not talking properly with anyone.”

I shook my head and said to him---“Nothing I am well. I am heavy hearted due to demise of my eldest-sister-in-law nothing else.”

“Hey come on” He nudged me by my shoulder.

I looked at him, felt relieved by his friendly gesture.

He asked me---“Are you going somewhere this winter?”

I shook my head---“No. Are you going?”

---“Yes”

---“Where?”

---“New Delhi, my eldest sister is there.”

My heart skipped. Place where he was. My eyes flashed which was unnoticed by him.

He asked---“What happened?”

I almost pleaded him---“Will you do me a favour when you will be in Delhi?”

---“Sure, what?”

I only knew Suprotim Da’s residence number and nothing else. When we went to his house, he came in his car. Only thing I knew that the house was near a big market and there was kali temple near 

his house.

I said to him---“I will give one letter and a phone number. Could you please contact that number and take that address and give that letter to that person?”

His eyes flashed mischievously---“Hmmmm….. Old affair.”

I shook my head---“NO, NO, NO, he is husband of a good friend of mine.”

He was unable to understand anything---“You want me to meet the husband of your friend?”

---“Yes, you promised me that you will do that.”

“Ok” he nodded. “I will be going in first week of January, give your message before that.”

I was happy as I knew that my letter would at least bring some news. I was happy that I got a messenger to carry my news. But I was skeptical about finding the right person, as I didn’t know Suprotim Da’s address. Only what I knew was his phone number.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 12:26 PM