Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Chapter 3: Annapurna Immersion

-----------------------------------

ShasankoDa applied for telephone at our native place. By then we had telephone in our house in village. I was able to talk with my mom every day.

He never called back or perhaps he called and ChotoMa and Babu didn’t give me the phone to talk to. One day I searched for Bannerjee Uncle’s phone number in the telephone diary but could not get 

that. I tried to contact Arundhuti, but I was unable to as she also didn’t contacted me. Why she didn’t contact? ChotoMa asked me thousands of queries about Arundhuti and him. I had to tell the truth 

as I loved him. Definitely he might have sensed the same thing. Surely he had sensed that and he didn’t want that any type of threat should touch me. So he might have cautioned Arundhuti not to 

contact me. Probably Arundhuti called and she was denied the pleasure of speaking to me. She was the only person to whom I could open my heart.

The day was two days after Mahalaya. On early morning, I was brushing my teeth when the phone rang. Babu used to get up early and goto market for buying fresh vegetables. He already returned 

and was doing some work near the telephone. ChotoMa was in kitchen, preparing the breakfast.

Babu picked up the phone and then he called ChotoMa. I heard faint sound of their conversation.

Babu---“Should we tell Paree?”

ChotoMa---“No not now. When she will reach home then let her know from them only. I don’t’ want my child to get sad just before Puja. If possible we will go out during Puja Vacation to some place 

away from Kolkata.”

I came out of the bathroom; my toothbrush was still in my mouth.

I asked---“What happened?”

ChotoMa shook her head---“Nothing.”

I spit out the froth from my mouth in the washbasin and asked again---“Who called?”

Babu came near me and looked at ChotoMa---“Ulupi, we should tell her.”

ChotoMa pulled me inside my room and asked me to open the top buttons of my night gown.

I was baffled by her action and asked her---“Why what happened?”

She ordered me to open my dressing-gown and show her my bosoms. As I opened my buttons, she pushed her palms under my bosoms and pressed them under my mounds, circled those and felt 

those soft fleshes. I was taken aback by her actions. She pinched my nipples and asked me whether I had any pain or discharge from those or not.

I shook my head and said---“No.”

“Ok” she nodded her head and kissed my forehead “Dress up, we are going to your village.”

A writhing pain started inside my heart as what could have happened. The first thought that came in my mind as what happened to my mom? I asked her again as what happened.

ChotoMa answered---“Your Mom is fine, ShonaMa. I was thinking that since the Puja Vacation is about to start so why don’t I take you to your village few days earlier?”

She asked Babu to call a car instead of going by bus.

ChotoMa and I boarded the car and we started for my native place.

She asked me questions about my college.

---“So everything is going well in your college?”

I nodded my head as to say that “Everything is fine” but inside my heart I had an anxiety as what could have happened and that also with whom? If my mom was ok then who could be?

“How many new friends you have now?” She asked. Was she trying to divert my attention away from my anxiety? Probably yes because she was my ChotoMa.

I smiled at her---“Oh! Come on ChotoMa, I am not a child anymore. All are friends.”

She shook her and touched my chin and nudged---“ShonaMa, in college life every things become materialistic. You should be aware of that. This is not your native place, ShonaMa. This is Kolkata; 

people here only know others if there is something in return and that is the truth.”

She patted on my cheeks and said---“I have to have a very hard time with my daughter.”

I looked at her as to understand as what she was saying. She was trying to explain the harsh reality of the society.

I told her that I had two best friends; one was Teesta Sarkar and other Delisha Khatun.

She smiled at me and said---“Why don’t you invite them someday at our house after Puja?”

“Sure” I smiled at her.

I hesitated a little and then asked her---“ChotoMa, I have to say something.”

She gave a queer look and asked---“What?”

---“I want a cell-phone, ChotoMa. Most of my friend in college has. I feel inferiority complex.”

She smiled at me and said---“Ok, next birthday you will have your cell-phone.”

“Oh! My god.” I thought, which meant that I had to wait for another long year, as my birthday just passed on twenty-sixth August.

I shook my head and gave a childish look---“NO, no, no. That’s too late ChotoMa.”

She nodded her head and said---“Ok, baba. Christmas gift. Now happy?”

I threw my arms around her neck and kissed her cheek---“My lovely ChotoMa.”

She was a teacher, she knew human psychology, she knew well how to divert attention and she made me happy then. Sometimes I felt that how could she banish her own son out of the house?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 12:17 PM