Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Chapter 2: A river named Teesta

--------------------------------------

First day of my college, my heart was thumping like a huge drum inside my chest as I entered the gate of Presidency College. Babu came with me till the gate of the college on the first day. I asked few 

students loitering along the corridor for the class room of M.Sc. Physics. They showed me.

That day I wore a white long skirt with small blue dots all over and a white frilled shirt with blue pinstripes. As usual I carried my black stole along with me, wrapped around my neck. My jute bag was 

on my left shoulder and my long tress was tied in a bun behind the back of my head, softly caressing my nape and as I did in my college days, I had a pen in my bun.

I felt few prying pair of eyes, caressed me all over as I walked into the class room. I looked at those eyes and gave them sleek smile. As I entered the class-room, I heard some male voice from the 

corridor---“Oh! Guru. What a cut-piece, masterpiece.”

Few heads turned towards me. I looked around the bunch of students. Mostly were boys, few girls were there in the class. On the second bench there was a wheatish complexioned girl. She was 

chatting with few other fellow students sitting on the third bench. She looked at me and smiled and signed me to come and sit beside her.

I quietly went and sat beside her.

She said to me---“The way you entered the class, clearly suggest that you are new in Kolkata. Where do you live?”

I answered---“DumDum.”

She shook her head in disbelief---“Oh! Come on. You are from DumDum?”

I smiled at her and nodded at her “Yes.”

She introduced herself as---“I am Teesta Sarkar, from Lake Town and you?”

I smiled at her openness---“I am Suchismita Mondal.”

---“I guessed that. Your smile is really beautiful.”

Oh! My God, a girl was complimenting me. I turned pink in coy and laughed at her.

---“Dhaat Tere ki. Have you gone mad?”

She winked at me---“Wanna bunk the first period and goto Coffee House?”

I shook my head saying that “No, I want to attend the first period at least.”

She pointed at another girl sitting on the third bench, who was also listening to our conversation.

---“She is Delisha Khatun, from Park Circus.”

Truly speaking, I didn’t expect a '. Girl pursuing M.Sc. in Physics. She was very fair. Rosy white in complexion, wore a dark blue salwar and a black hijab covering her head.

I asked her---“Do you have to wear this head-scarf always.”

She waved her hand at me---“Aree, Na, Yaar. Dad insisted, but my mom resisted him, saying that I was old enough to take care of myself.”

Someone from behind the class shouted at us---“Oh! Guru. Today, the wooden bench will catch fire.”

I looked over my shoulder as who spoke those words at us.

Teesta shouted at him---“G****, keep your foul mouth shut.” and pointed her right middle finger at him.

She said to me---“Don’t look at him.”

I gave a queer look at her as if asking “Who was he?”

---“He is Debobroto, from my previous college. Anyways he is good in Physics, mainly quantum mechanics.”

I looked at the person named Debobroto. He was tall, dark with specs on his eyes. Clean shaven, back brushed hair, squint eyes. Nose was bit small. He sat with his arms outstretched resting on the 

bench behind him. His arms were strong and muscular. I could feel his tough chest muscles from the unbuttoned blue and white check shirt and white vest.

I raised my right hand and waved my fingers at him, he smiled at me. He pointed his right index finger and middle finger at me and signed like shooting a pistol.

Teesta saw as what Debobroto did and she smiled at me---“He killed you on the first day, baby?”

Somehow I smiled at her---“I don’t have the luxury of getting killed, dear.”

I said to myself “I am already a corpse. Who can kill a person who is already dead?”

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 12:11 PM