Misc. Erotica Cyrus' New Zealand Adventure by rd_bombay
"Good. It's going to be a lot of fun." She held his forearm with her soft hand as she took her and Anna's drink from the bar back to the table, giving Cyrus a smile that said a lot.

The night ended fairly early, with Cyrus' tensions eased after meeting the friendly and relaxed group. He ended up spending the better part of two hours going through the file, mainly focusing on the task at hand for the next couple of weeks. It was extensive, detailed and sounded like an absolute dream job.

The basic gist of the project was to photograph most of the South Island for the tourism board, travel magazines, websites and to also build their own database. The project had a very broad scope, which made it all the more challenging to focus, but at the same time, Cyrus preferred the relatively unstructured approach to something that should be left to spontaneous creativity.

All through the reading, his thoughts kept drifting back and forth from Adrianna and Anna, and their unbelievably exotic charm, and continued to wonder what sort of prospects lay ahead for him. As he put down the heavy file, he rubbed his eyes with fatigue, suddenly thinking of Priya and their brief conversation earlier in the day that now seemed like days ago.

He picked up his cell phone and dialed her number, eager to tell her about the meeting. She answered almost right away,

"Cy! How was it? I've been dying to talk to you all day."

"Oh, it was great Pri. They are so chilled out, seem like a lot of fun too. The project is really interesting. And my anxiety levels have definitely dropped."

"Thank god. It's so uncomfortable to work in a group where you feel like an outsider."

"I know. These guys totally made me feel like I'm one of them. It's a small group too. Just two guys and two women."

"Hmmm.... Two women. I bet that's why you like it. Are they hot."

Cyrus laughed. "Well, you can say that."

"Oh come on Cy. It's me. You can tell me."

"Ok. They are unbelievably gorgeous."

"Ok ok. Take it easy." Priya laughed. "So now what's the plan?"

"Tomorrow we are going to a town called Akaroa near Christchurch. And then we start going north, making our way around the island. Scott's given me this file that weighs a ton. With a detailed itinerary, agendas, travel arrangements, everything. They are so well planned. It feels so good to work with people like this."

"I can imagine. Oh, did you show them your photos from the North?"

"Not yet. Scott wants to see them tomorrow. Based on that I'm hoping I'll get some good responsibilities."

"I'm sure you will Cy. This must be so exciting."

"Totally."

Priya and Cyrus chatted for nearly an hour. Priya updated him on everything happening in her life, and they even chatted a little about the past, reminiscing on their days together. Eventually, Cyrus had to hang up and get to bed to be fresh for a long day.

After an early breakfast they left for Akaroa, a small harbor a few kilometers away from Christchurch, where they had planned to spend the entire day on a boat, photographing dolphins, and with any luck, some whales. Cyrus was excited, almost like a child on a new adventure, as he boarded the boat. He decided to mostly observe the rest of the group and the techniques they adopted, while making sure not to come in the way. He also keenly observed the use of their equipment, the way things were managed and set up, and quickly began to learn their ways of working. They ended with some spectacular shots of dolphins, but unfortunately none of any whales. As the boat headed back to the harbour, Scott and Cyrus chatted about the day.

"So what did you think Cyrus?"

"Oh, it was a lot of fun. Really interested. I mostly observed how you guys work, and tried my hand at a few shots. It's a different experience when you're doing it for a professional purpose."

"Glad you enjoyed it. Spend a few more days watching and learning. I'll start giving you specific tasks as we move on. In the meantime, we all definitely want to take a look at your North Island photos tonight."

"Sounds great."

"We'll all freshen up and meet in the main lodge for drinks and dinner and take a look at them then. We then need to turn in early, we have an early start and a long day, weather permitting."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyrus' New Zealand Adventure by rd_bombay - by Ramesh_Rocky - 07-02-2019, 04:33 PM