Non-erotic Suchismita - My Forbidden Love - by Pinuram [Completed]
Both Sharmi’s dad and Bannerjee uncle nodded in accordance to my words.

Bannerjee Uncle took away all three ladies with him; he said to me that he will drop Paree at home. I knew that probably mom would be present at home by the time she reaches there.

After they departed I called Arindam to come to the nursing home.

Uncle was sitting with his head bent down and resting his head on his fist. I had no words to console anyone. Time was actually not passing.

Arindam came to nursing home at about ten o’clock. I called dad and said to him that Paree has gone to home. Dad asked me that what if she wants to go back to nursing home. I said that if she wants to go back then she will call him, I requested him to arrange some transport so that she can reach nursing home. Dad told me that he will talk to Bannerjee uncle if he can take Paree while he goes back to nursing home.

For the whole next six hours we all waited anxiously outside the ICU, expecting some good news.

At about four o’clock most of the family members arrived. I could not see Bannerjee uncle neither Debi. I asked Debi’s elder brother as where was his dad. Her brother told me that he has gone to our house to bring Paree as she called his dad at noon to bring her back to nursing home.

After sometime I saw Debi and Paree entering the waiting hall behind Bannerjee uncle. Debi’s face looked like calmness after storm. Paree looked bit fresh. Both the ladies eyes were sore red.

Paree came quietly and stood beside me. She asked me as what was the news. I told her that there was no news, neither good nor bad. Debi sat on a chair beside her mom rested her head on her fist and bowed down. Paree came near her and kept her arm on her shoulder. Debi looked at Paree’s face. None were in a position to say any words.

At about five thirty, we heard a commotion inside the ICU. Sharmi’s dad was called. The news came at last. Miss Sarmishta Bannerjee, a quiet calm timid girl, probably never hurt a fly in her life. The sweet girl who always kept quiet in the class, probably never quarreled with anyone in her whole life. Never spoke in loud voice with anyone. The only child, daughter of Mr. Subhankar Bannerjee and Mrs. Mala Bannerjee were no more among us.

A deep groan aroused from all the throats of all the family members present there. All pairs of eyes got deluged. Paree was also crying she held Debi in her arms. Debi hid her face on Paree’s chest, she held her as tight as she can.

I clenched my jaws as hard as I could to control the flood inside me and looked up to the ceiling and cursed GOD. I asked HIM repeatedly as why HE denied my pleas? I asked HIM repeatedly that there are several people in this world who are venomous and corrupt, why he has not taken them but plucked a tender flower like Sarmishta? If HE had real ears he could hear me, but alas, there was no one to hear my cries.

While I was asking those entire questions to The Almighty, Paree came and stood near me, with her deluged eyes she asked me to look at Debi.

I looked at her, she sat there dumbfounded, froze on the chair like a granite effigy. There were no tears in her eyes, no sensation on her body and no expression on her face. Her sight was fixed on the floor. She had her face between her palms with her elbow resting on her thighs. The look in her eyes was painstakingly expressionless. It seemed that her eyes were made of glass.

I called dad to give him the bad news, he was about to leave his office. I told him to come directly to Belle Vue and to take Paree home. He asked me whether she wants to go home or not.

---“Dad, just take her home. Here she will be more disturbed with each passing moment. What the fate had written on our forehead has happened, just take her away at least at home mom will be there to console her.”

---“What about you, you have not come home yet. When will you be returning?”

---“I can’t say dad. Probably only tomorrow morning I will be at home.”

I told Paree that she should go home.

---“Your Babu is coming to take you home.”

---“No I don’t want to leave. I want to go with you.”

---“Try to understand Paree. I don’t know when I will go home. I have lots of works to do now.”

---“Then I will stay with Debi.”

---“You can’t stay with her.”

She screamed at me ---“Why?”

---“A huge storm has gone over you from yesterday night. Even after that if you go with her to her house, then on reaching her house there will be another round of tears and mourning. Enough of that; Paree. Just go to your ChotoMa and take rest.”

She yelled out in her choked voice --- “Have you seen Debi? She is not even blinking her eyes, not even winching any muscle, she has become like a rock. If she doesn’t cry then it will be very hard for her. I need to stay with her.”

---“I will try to take care of her; she has got her family members also around her. For my sake just go home.”

Debi’s mom and his brother surrounded Debi as she was motionless. A new problem came up that if she doesn’t buzz or cry then this will hamper her.

We had to arrange for transport for carrying Sarmishta, for one last time to her house.

When Sarmishta was handed to us, Debi looked at her face coolly. She touched her cheeks and ruffled her hairs. She rubbed her palms all over the face of Sarmishta as if asking her to wake up from her sleep. Debi’s eyes did not blink for a second or her lips even did not quiver. She was only looking to the closed eyes of Sarmishta. Then she slowly stooped down on her face and kissed the ice cold forehead. She was so shocked that she forgot to speak up even. She then put her arms around Sarmishta’s neck and hid her face on her chest and lay there motionless. Most of us forgot to mourn for Sarmishta and watched Debi with horror as what the girl will do next. I looked at Paree and asked to pull up Debi somehow. Paree sat beside Debi and rubbed her back, she looked up to Paree’s face. No tears, no expression nothing. She was very calm, stood up coolly and walked away with Paree and sat on the chair.

Bannerjee uncle came near me and said to me that we should now leave for house.

Dad arrived and took away Paree with him. Before leaving she asked me to take care of Debi so as to make her cry.

Sarmishta was taken to her home. She was bedecked with white flowers and with a beautiful mauve coloured saree, her favourite colour. All the time Debanjana did not buzz from her side. For the whole time she sat beside her with her hand in her hand and gently tracing her fingers. As if her sister will wake up just now and talk with her. But alas Sarmishta would never wake up again.

At her home as we were about to start for her last journey I saw our friends from college. The time for last journey of Sarmishta arrived. Along with the cries, a deep voice was circling around to make Debi cry somehow. But she was in no mood to cry. As we all carried Sarmishta away from the gate, Debi walked up to the gate with us, saying nothing and then very calmly turned around and went away to her room. Most of the ladies did not accompany us to the Nimtola crematorium ground.

Sarmishta’s left for heavenly abode. That sweet calm and quiet girl left this dark world full of vengeance and fear and hatred. Her body burnt to ashes.

That day I had to behold the most pathetic scene in my entire life. A dotting father igniting the pyre of her only sweet daughter, I asked to GOD as to not to give this chance to any father.

Arindam and I sat beside the river and looked up the night sky. It was about one o’clock in the night.

Arindam asked me --- “What will happen to Debanjana if she doesn’t cry or show some emotions?”

---“You have to do something brother, if you want her really.”

---“You know her better than me. She is more attached to Suchi Di after Sarmishta so you two have to do something.”

I looked around to see whether there was anyone watching us. All the family members were seated under the shade. Arindam and I sat at the bank of the river.

After a long time I felt a deep urge to puff a cigarette and curse out loudly at the river or to the Heaven.

“YOU TOOK AWAY MY AFFINITION FOR ARTS AND PAINTING, YOU TOOK AWAY MY BEST FRIEND’S SISTER FROM HER AND NOW MY BEST FRIEND IS IN DANGER, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ME TO BEAR? I AM AGAIN PLEADING TO YOU JUST DON’T TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FROM ME ELSE I WILL KNOW THAT THERE IS NO ONE NAMED GOD ON THIS EARTH. YOU ARE JUST A LIFELESS STONE STATUE. PROVE TO ME AT LEAST FOR ONCE THAT YOU EXIST.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forbidden Love by Pinuram [Completed] - by usaiha2 - 19-12-2019, 11:03 AM