Non-erotic Suchismita - My Forbidden Love - by Pinuram [Completed]
Heart 
Chapter 8: Midnight Confession

-------------------------------------

I walked on the crowded street, alone, confused. My eyes soaked with tears, feeling heavy hearted and lost in the crowd.

What have I done, where should I go, and to whom should I seek the solitude? I looked at my watch; it was already eight thirty at night. I did not want to go back home after all these heavy storms. I didn’t have the courage to face Debanjana or Suchismita. I lost my faith on myself. Paree will never forgive me for my actions. My legs were shaking; frequently I was wiping my eyes and nose.

I called at my house somehow and told my mom that I won’t be coming that night and I would be staying at Debashish’s house. I very well knew that mom doesn’t have the telephone number of Debashish so she would be unable to confirm whether I was at his house or not.

I took a bus and went to Esplanade and sat under the Monument. The dark night was growing around me, so were the bright lights of Esplanade. The life around me was vibrant; I looked around me, all sorts of people of all ages, cast and creed. They all look happier than me. Some might be hiding their pain like me under their smiley face. I didn’t have the time to think of others, I was thinking as what type of lecherous person I was? I had no one to share my regrets.

I puffed a cigarette again and sipped a cup of tea from dingy road side tea stall. From the tram stand, I walked slowly towards the bus-stand on the other side of the road. While crossing the road, I saw a very dirty looking person squatting on the footpath, with torn clothes and disheveled hairs. He was a beggar or a mad person. I felt deep inside me that this person must have lost something valuable in his past that has turned him to be like this. I felt that I was seeing my future in-front of my eyes. I stood at a distance from that beggar and looked at him. That person was also looking at me. After sometime the beggar outstretched his right arm and asked for alms.

---“In the name of God, please give something to feed the old person. (,.'! Ke naam pe, iss budee baba ko kuch de do.)”

I walked slowly towards him and took out a ten rupees note from my pocket and handed that note to him.

He looked at the note and then looked at my face and said to me something. This time he did not sounded that he was insane.

---

“Tu Badr Nehin Jo Shams Se Roshan Ho (You are not the moon, who shines in sunlight)

Tu Badr Nehin Jo Shams Se Roshan Ho (You are not the moon, who shines in sunlight)

Tu Unn Sitaron Mein Hain (You are one bright star)

Jo Bhatkye Rooh Ko Raah Dikhayee (Who shows path to disgruntled persons)

Rehnuma Baan Aur Aapne Qualb Ki Pukaar Sun (Be a guide and hear to the call of your heart)”

---

I understood as what he said. I bowed to him for his words.

I should not act like a looser, my heart, my EVE has called me from the ceiling which restrained me to delve in to the dark passageways of those venomous sirens. I should open my heart now before the wound gets septic and rots my mind and soul.

I called from the nearby PCO to Kalyani’s house. It was nine o’clock in the night.

---“Hello, I am Abhimanyu. Remember me?”

She was surprised to receive my call and also in the dead night, village people tend to sleep early.

---“Yes, I remember you very well and how can I forget you. You are still fresh as Suchismita is all praises about you.”

After a bit pause ---“But in this late night. Why have you called?”

I pleaded her --- “I need to talk to Paree, now. But not on phone.”

---“Then?”

---“You have to call her to your house and make some excuse to Grand Aunt.”

I heard her smile naughtily --- “Why, can’t you wait for the Basanti Puja to meet yours …. Hmmmm…. Naughty boy…”

My voice turned deep and choked ---“I have no intention for that, Kalyani. Please. Call her.”

She probably sensed my choking --- “Where are you now?”

---“I am at Kolkata Bus Stand and I am coming, probably in the last bus.”

---“Ok, I will do that. Have a safe journey. I will send Dipankar to pick you up from the bus stand.”

---“Thank you very much. Bye. See you.”

I ran to the CSTC bust stand and asked for the last bus that would depart for Baduria. The conductor told me that the bus was going to leave by nine thirty and I had ten minutes more to take the seat. This would be the last bus for that day.

The bus raced to the destination cutting through the dark lonely highway. Whole the time of the journey, my heart was beating faster with each passing kilometer. My ear drums were turning red with the unknown fear as how she will react after hearing all these.

I reached my destination at about forty-five minutes past eleven. Dipankar was waiting for me at the bus stand with two bi-cycles.

He was curious to know as what happened --- “What happened, why you have called Suchismita at this point of time?”

I kept quiet and said --- “I have some problem and I had to discuss with Paree and that was very urgent for me.”

We reached Dipankar’s house, Paree and Kalyani, both were waiting anxiously at the gate.

Paree came running towards me as soon as she saw me.

In the low light of the verandah I saw her eyes were big, full of anxiety and bit haze in some unknown anticipation.

She clutched my collar and looked at my face with partially deluged eyes --- “What happened to ChotoMa?”

I looked deeply into her eyes and murmured in my head “WHO ARE YOU?”

I mumbled a bit --- “Your ChotoMa and Babu, both are fine alright.”

A heavy breath exhaled from her chest after hearing that her ChotoMa and Babu were fine.

---“Then what happened to you? Have you fought with Debanjana or done something to her?”

I nodded my head sideways and meant that Debi was also fine.

Now she smiled at me --- “Don’t say you have killed someone or done robbery?”

She patted my cheeks and brought her face close to my ears, she observed that my eyes were hazy and my lips shaking. She still could not fathom the writhing pain in my heart.

She whispered ---“You missed me and that why you came here. Right?”

I took a deep breath and in a choking voice ---“I want to talk to you alone. Please.”

Upon hearing my choked voice, Paree sensed that the matter was not as small as she was thinking; a cyclone was devastating me within.

She looked at Kalyani, both Dipankar and Kalyani were looking at us. Kalyani said that we can go to their bedroom and spend the night and no one will disturb us. They will spend the night in some other room.

Paree tugged me into the room, I asked her to latch the door from inside.

She looked queerly at me and latched the door.

Paree stood in front of me with her arms crossed across her chest, her eyebrows squint, her eyes trying to fathom as what has happened.

I threw my college bag on the bed and then kneeled down in-front of her with my head down and my arms resting on my knees.

In a choked groaning voice --- “I have sinned Paree.”

She yelled out in utter disbelief --- “WHAT?”

She groped the back of my head and clutched my hairs and pulled my face to look into my eyes.

---“What did you say?”

Big drops of tears rolled down my cheeks.

I mumbled ---“Arunima ……”

She could not believe her ears as what she heard; she eased her grip from my head and touched my chin with her fingers --- “What Arunima? What have you done with her?”

---“There was Maithili also …..”

She screamed in a deep tone and sat on the bed with a thud.

---“NO, Don’t tell me …… I can’t believe my ears.”

There was painstaking silence in the room. She was not sobbing but her eyes were deluged with anger and vengeful tears. Her ears and cheeks turned red and not due to blushes but due to rage.

---“What did you do with them?”

---“I didn’t do anything….”

She yelled at me ---“DON’T LIE… What you did with them? If you had done nothing then why have you come here in this dead night?”

She paused a little and continued in a choking voice --- “Why do I have to lose everything I love in every corner of my life? I lost my dad when I was one and half years. My sisters cursed me. My mom didn’t take care of me then. ChotoMa fed me her milk to raise me up but she was also taken away from my life. You came to my life after twenty-four years, filled the lonely heart with colours. Your birthday is just next week, I dreamt to give surprise you. Have my love lost its sheen? Not even for a single moment you thought about me?”

I could not say anything. I had no answer to her questions. It was I who took the steps towards the Medusa’s dark lair even after Debi warned me. The silence was killing both of us

In a shaky voice I asked her --- “Don’t you have faith in me?”

She said to me looking deep into my eyes ---“I have faith in you but Maithili is my sister-in-law.” There was confusion in her voice.

She came down from the bed and sat in front of me, kneeling in front of me.

She took my face between her palms---“My faith didn’t grow with time. I felt it deep in my heart on the first night we met, in the courtyard, during Subroto Da’s wedding. I don’t know how that came, but it just flooded my heart and all over me.”

I pointed to my college bag and said to her ---“There is a mini cassette recorder in my bag. Please play that, everything will be clear to you.”

Paree switched on the walkman, played the cassette again and again and again, listening to each and every sentence in utter confusion. She slapped her forehead and looked at me nodding her head sideways ---“I can’t believe my ears. What is this?”

---“This is the truth.”

We remained silent for a quiet long time, all the time Paree was nodding her head in utter dilemma.

---“How can Maithili do this with me? How can she do this with you even after being married? This is totally unbelievable.”

I smiled faintly at her, looking into her deluged disbelief gaze ---“She doesn’t know that my heart throbs only for you.”

At last Paree smiled sweetly at me ---“You are total insane and fool, but a very loving wise fool.”

And then suddenly she slapped softly on my cheek.

I screamed --- “Ouch!!!! Why you hit me now?” and took her palms into mine.

---“This was for the steps that you took towards the dungeon.”

She again freed her hand from my clutch and next slap was hard on my cheek. I looked queerly at her face.

She smiled in a bit veiled anger ---“Why you brought Debanjana’s name in this? You could have named anyone.”

I scratched my head and looked down ---“That just floated in my head at that time.”

She took my face between her palms and kissed my forehead --- “This is for the faith and love that has brought you back to me.”

I wrapped my arms around her waist and hid my face on her bosom and started to sob.

I was basking in her warm hug that she has at last forgiven me. After few minutes she asked me---“You have not eaten anything since evening, you must be hungry.”

I looked up to her face --- “Who are you? Why do you love me so much?”

She took off my glasses and wiped the wet trail from the corner of my eyes ---“You are my baby prince. Let me get some food for you.”

“No I don’t want to take food now, just be with me” I hugged her deeply, rubbing my nose on her upper chest and neck. She gently caressed my back with her right hand and combed my hairs with other, same way a mother hugs her baby while she consoles her.

“If you don’t eat then I will thrash you black and blue. Give me Debi’s telephone number.” Saying so she freed herself from my deep embrace.

I asked her ---“Why?”

---“You are asking me why? Don’t you know what have you done? I have to call her and tell her what you did.”

I pleaded her ---“Please no, please don’t tell. She will definitely kill me.”

---“You are like that. She is the only person who can bring you in right path. Not I.”

Paree walked towards the door to unbolt the latch and walked out to bring some food for me.

It was about two o’clock in the night, after quiet sometime Paree entered the room with a plate in her hand and Kalyani behind her.

I was still on the floor, kneeled. On seeing Kalyani I bowed down my head “Now, I have fallen from the grace.”

Kalyani looked at me and laughed --- “What a person you are….”

Paree sat on the floor beside me. On the plate there was rice and dal (pulses) and some potato and brinjal curry. She mashed everything and started feeding me like a child.

Kalyani smiled at both of us ---“Suchismita, you pamper him like a baby.”

---“He is my baby prince and he pamper me like his doll.”

She finished feeding me and wiped my face with the corner of her saree.

Kalyani asked ---“What actually has happened?”

Paree asked me to go to bed and asked Kalyani to leave the room.

---“You don’t need to hear everything. Whatever you have heard is enough for you. Please don’t get me in wrong sense but I don’t want to humiliate him anymore. He is already very shaken and perturbed. Please let him take rest now.”

She smiled at both of us ---“Ok I leave you both. Don’t get naughty after all your crying and comfort.”

Paree pushed Kalyani out of the room and told her to wake us up at five-thirty in the morning. The first bus leaves the village at six and I should be on that bus before anyone of her house notices us together. Kalyani complied with her request and said that she will send her husband with me to the bus stand in the morning.

She switched on the night lamp and put off the tube and lied beside me. She faced towards me and took my head in her arms and hugged me deeply pulling my face over her bosom. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her cuddled her in a deep embrace.

She whispered in my ears ---“Tell me everything as what happened.”

I pushed my face up looked into her loving dark eyes; her forehead was touching my forehead.

I started my tale as how I was captivated by the venomous siren’s music. How I danced to the tunes of the Tuli. How I was enchanted in the captivating beauty of the siren and how I managed to slit the throat of Medusa and came out alive of the dark lair.

All the time Paree listened to my tale in intent curiosity and nodded her head in confusion.

At last there was a long silence between us. I hugged her very tightly in my arms to drown myself in her loving warmth.

Paree brought her nose over mine and rubbed my tip with hers and whispered ---“Abhimanyu of Mahabharata was truly brave and courageous as you are. He lost the battle because he didn’t have his Suchismita beside him. My prince has his Paree by his side, forever.”

Paree closed her eyes and took my lips in her. We locked ourselves in a deep kiss and soaking ourselves in loving warmth of our love, we spent the rest of the night just by looking into each other eyes and saying nothing.

East horizon was showing signs of faint twilight. Birds were chirping outside. A new dawn was approaching in our life, leaving a dark night behind. Somewhere some baul beggar was singing a morning raga. Faintly the music filled our room….

“Rai Jago Rai Jago …

Sukho Sari Bolee …

Rai Jago Rai Jago …

Sukho Sari Bolee …

Koto Nidraa Jaoo Go Radhyee

Shyam Nagorer Kolee …”

******** END OF PART 3 *******

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forbidden Love by Pinuram [Completed] - by usaiha2 - 19-12-2019, 10:56 AM