Non-erotic Suchismita - My Forbidden Love - by Pinuram [Completed]
For few days, both Debanjana and Sarmishta were absent from the class. 

Then one day after probably two periods after lunch time, I saw Debanjana at the door of the classroom. All the pairs of eyes looked at her trying to ask about Sarmishta, but they did not have the courage to ask her eyes were burning as amber while she looked at others. She walked directly towards me without talking to any others.

She nudged my arm and pulled me from the bench --- “Aye Bihari, come with me.”

I asked her --- “What happened?”

“Come with me, you have been called at my house.” She pulled me out of the class.

During our journey towards her home Debanjana informed me that Sarmishta has been discharged from the hospital last evening and everyone in her house was asking for me. So she has come to the college only for me.

I told her that she could have called me.

Debanjana --- “I did not have your telephone number.”

I looked at her and said --- “You never asked for that.”

She looked deep into my eyes --- “For the first time in my life I have failed, since my childhood.”

---“Failed for what?”

---“Failed to judge you; failed to judge a friend.”

---“Ok, that happens with all persons.”

She suddenly asked me --- “Hey, Bihari, your father’s name is Arjun Talukdar?”

---“Yes, but how come you know.”

---“I knew your father used to work in Airport Authority, and my father also. When my father heard your surname he asked me your father’s name, but I didn’t knew at that time. He told me everything.”

---“Hmm…”

As days passed by, our friendship grew stronger. We used to bunk classes and go for watching movies or simply walking around College Street or Esplanade or Park Street or sitting at Nandan. Sarmishta was calm and timid so most of the time it was only me and Debanjana roaming on the streets of Kolkata. I was new to that place so she acted as my travel agent. We ate chello kebabs at Peter Cat in Park Street, or just munching egg roll at the corner of the Park Street, or just sipping cold coffee and chicken pakoda at Coffee House at College Street or sipping tea and banana cake in The Flury’s. Enjoyed movies in The Globe or The New Empire or The Light house, I was diehard fan of English movies. The college mates envied our friendship and rumors were around that Debanjana has fallen in love with Abhimanyu. We both were aware of those petty rumors and we enjoyed those very much. Since my dad was colleague of Mr. Bannerjee, Debi’s dad, so she was easily accepted as my female friend in my house.

She and Sarmishta used to guard me from Anusuya and did not even let her talk to me as they were aware of the break up, between Anusuya and Sukumar.

One evening we all three, Debi, Sharmi (I called Sarmishta by her nick name) and I were sitting in The Flury’s in Park Street, sipping tea and munching banana cake.

Sharmi spoke in her usual timid calm yet bit jokingly --- “Do you know that yesterday, Anusuya asked about Abhimanyu?”

We both looked astonishingly at her asking her the reason.

---“She was asking about the relation between you two.”

We both laughed at her and asked her as what has she said.

---“What? Why are you looking at me like that? I have told her the truth that you two are only friends.”

Debi slapped Sharmi, annoyingly said to her --- “You idiot, you should have told her that we are having a torrid affair. Now that she knows, she will definitely try to woo Abhi again.”

She looked at me --- “Don’t you dare to go near that bitch, else I will kill you.”

We all laughed out at each other.

Just before Durga Puja, Debi and I were walking and gossiping by the bank of River Ganges, at Outram Ghat; walking towards the ice cream parlour at the end of the road, The Scoop. We bought two ice creams and were enjoying that along with sunset behind the Second Hoogly Bridge. Debi looked out to the river and the setting sun through the huge glass windows. I was looking at her. For the first time I felt that the bond was really strong between us. That day she wore a light green long skirt and a white loose top. A yellow ochre coloured stroll was around her neck. Her small sweet face was shining in the orange rays of the setting sun.

Her eyes were glistening with some joy, behind her glasses. I could not restrain myself from touching her shoulder. I took a deep breath and stretched my arm to touch her shoulder.

She looked at me with her spoon in her mouth and asked ---“Why are you looking at me like that?”

I nodded my head and scratched my scalp --- “Nothing.”

She stopped licking her ice cream and looked at my face --- “You can’t hide anything from me. Even as your voice is calm but your eyes talks too much”

I asked her jokingly --- “Okay, tell me what are my eyes are saying.”

She punched on my cheek gently --- “I know what you are thinking. Sometimes I feel that sensation in my brain.” Her eyes glistened and soft smile beamed on her lips.

I took her hands in mine, she spoke in a bit quivering voice --- “I don’t want to spoil our sweet relationship, Abhimanyu, I don’t want to lose such a good friend.”

I pressed her hand and said --- “Debi, I will remain as your friend.”

All those old reminiscent were spinning inside my head as we walked towards the Coffeehouse.

Debi, punched on my back --- “Hey why are you so quiet. So again you are engrossed in thoughts of Paree or what.”

I scratched my head ---“No dear, I was thinking of you, our friendship and that promise which you asked from me in the ice cream parlour, The Scoop.”

She slapped me and giggled --- “Ah! Emotions are really flooding like Tala Tank. Remember that you have to tell me about Paree, by the way, what’s her full name?”

---“Suchismita Mondal.”

She nodded her head ---“Hmmm…. Beautiful name, so her smile also must be beautiful.”

I scratched my head ---“Aree, her dimpled cheeks captivated me, and her little lock of hair that always dance on her right cheek.”

We took our favourite seats by the window on the second floor of Coffee House and ordered for our favourite dish, cold coffee and chicken pakoda.

I told her about our vacation at the hills. She was amazed to hear that how come I gathered the courage to enjoy a secluded vacation with Paree. I told her everything about our vacation except those deep embraces and warm moments I shared with Paree.

While sipping the coffee she said to me --- “So, what’s the problem?”

I told her that there is no problem between me and Paree.

---“I know that there is no problem between you and Paree, but there is a deep anxiety brewing inside you.”

I looked at her “How come you know”

“I know you better than yourself, rascal.” She smiled at me. “You are thinking about your parents, whether they will accept your relationship or not, right? She is two years older than you and also she is your mom’s relative. Whatever I have heard about your parents from your mouth, you will have to face a stiff resistance.”

I asked her helplessly --- “I have seen dark days in my life, Debi. It has made me strong and arrogant. I can fight with the world to get her.”

--- “Why do you have to fight? I will try to convince your parents that two year of age difference between the boy and girl is acceptable and also there is no blood relation between you and Paree. Don’t worry about the future. Enjoy the present and more over enjoy the coffee, you dog.”

I looked at her smiling face, sipping cold coffee. Debi, my divine Goddess, my best friend. I don’t want to lose her like every other happiness I have lost in my past.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forbidden Love by Pinuram [Completed] - by usaiha2 - 19-12-2019, 10:43 AM