Adultery Secret Temptations – by The Author - COMPLETED
Seating at her desk sub-inspector Neelam was reading an autopsy report of latest victim. Her facial expression changed from normal to tense as she reached to the end.

Just then telephone on her desk started ringing. “Good morning sir,” she said.

“Good morning. I want to see autopsy report. Come to my room,” Inspector Parshant said.

“Right sir.” She rose from her seat and went to the small mirror, hung on the wall. She could see her figure up to her chest. Her two round melons looked quite prominent on her chest. She had tried many shirts but all of them displayed bulge of her breasts quite obscenely. Yesterday when inspector was watching them she had felt so embarrassed. There was no way she could hide them.

Shaking her head she got away from the mirror and went to the room of Inspector.

“Sir! Here is the report,” she said putting the papers on his desk in front of him.

“Good. Take a seat.”

She settled on one of the chair and stole a glance at him. He was one of the most handsome officers in department. His facial features were attractive. But in terms of work he was considered most lethargic. So far he hadn’t done any significant work in the department. Rumour has it that he was womanizer. That explained his dismal performance so far.

“Hmm … have you read it?” he asked placing the report back on the desk.

She pulled herself back from her thoughts and said, “Y-yes sir.”

“So what do you think now?” he said. “Do you still think that it was the same killer?”

“Sir, if we see brutal nature of this murder and compare it with the other murders then it seems that it is the handiwork of same killer,” she said.

“Okay, go on,” he said.

She swallowed. He was looking curiously at her. “Sir, traces of semen had been found and …”

“Semen?” he said looking right into her eyes.

“Yes sir,” she said looking at the wall behind his chair. She was feeling uncomfortable the way he was looking at her. Since she had seen worse than this she kept her calm. At least unlike DSP Pritam Gupta, this young inspector was not using dirty double meaning words with her.

Thankfully, saving her from embarrassment he picked the report from desk and started reading it.

“It says just before murder victim had engaged into unprotected sexual intercourse. Words ‘just before murder’ have been highlighted. It means killer and victim knew each other quite well. But this makes this murder different than the others. In earlier cases no traces of any sexual activity had been found.”

“Yes sir,” she said. “If we consider this part then it seems that this murder was done by someone else.

“Report is indicating difference in murder weapon too. Knife used to kill this woman was smaller than those used in earlier murders,” he said.

“You are right sir. I also thought the same,” she said.

“Well whatever this murder has increased the complexity little more. I think we have to put more efforts to nail this killer,” he said. “By the way what are you doing in the evening?”

She was not expecting any such question. But her answer was clear. “I’ll be busy in the investigation of this case sir.”

“Come on Neelam … Live a little. There will always be something to investigate here. We have to enjoy our life too,” he said.

He seemed genuinely philosophical. But she knew he was not. She could see his real intention behind the curtain of this philosophy. He was handsome al right but his character was not impressive. She would never fall in his trap.

“I enjoy my work sir,” she said. “And for me work and life is same thing.”

Dipti was walking across the living room. She was waiting for Ramesh. He had gone at the back of the house to pick his mobile. Waking up in the morning, both of them had peeked outside from kitchen window to see whether mobile was still there. To their surprise it was.

Ramesh entered into the house, holding mobile in his hand. “Thank god I didn’t lose it. I have important data in it. Now you can call that security officerman who had given you the card. But don’t tell anything about me. It would be difficult to explain what I was doing out there in the dark.”

She nodded and dialed the number.

“Hello?”

“Hello sir, I’m Dipti … you had given me the card yesterday … you remember,” she said.

“Of course I remember you. I can’t forget such a beautiful lady like you. Please tell me how I can help you. I’m at your service.”

She blushed pink. Volume in her mobile was so loud that even Ramesh was also hearing what he was saying. She felt disturbed. She walked away from Ramesh, telling the inspector selected details of yesterday’s incident.

“Hmm … will you be at home at around 11:30,” he asked.

“Yes I’ll be at home.”
“What about your husband. He would be home too?”

She wondered why he asked this. Then she smiled to herself. “No.”

She hung up and looked at Ramesh. There was displeasure on his face. She knew the reason. She had denied him the opportunity to listen what inspector was saying to her.

“He’ll come at 11:30,” she said, avoiding his eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes themaskeditor's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Secret Temptations – by The Author - by themaskeditor - 21-01-2019, 03:45 PM