Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: When-Death-Becomes-Life-Notes-from-a-Tra...y-Josh.jpg]
Language: English | Total pages: N/A | Format: epub | Size: 1.55 MB |

Description:
"With When Death Becomes Life, Joshua Mezrich has performed the perfect core biopsy of transplantation—a clear and compelling account of the grueling daily work, the spell-binding history and the unsettling ethical issues that haunt this miraculous lifesaving treatment. Mezrich's compassionate and honest voice, punctuated by a sharp and intelligent wit, render the enormous subject not just palatable but downright engrossing."—Pauline Chen, author of Final Exam: A Surgeon's Reflections on Mortality
A gifted surgeon illuminates one of the most profound, awe-inspiring, and deeply affecting achievements of modern day medicine—the movement of organs between bodies—in this exceptional work of death and life that takes its place besides Atul Gawande's Complications, Siddhartha Mukherjee's The Emperor of All Maladies, and Jerome Groopman's How Doctors Think.
At the University of Wisconsin, Dr. Joshua Mezrich...

Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: Why-Did-the-Chicken-Cross-the-World-by-A...r-EPUB.jpg]
Language: English | Total pages: N/A | Format: epub | Size: 2.31 MB |

Description:
From ancient empires to modern economics, veteran journalist Andrew Lawler delivers a sweeping history of the animal that has been most crucial to the spread of civilization across the globe—the chicken.
Queen Victoria was obsessed with it. Socrates’ last words were about it. Charles Darwin and Louis Pasteur made their scientific breakthroughs using it. Catholic popes, African shamans, Chinese philosophers, and '. mystics praised it. Throughout the history of civilization, humans have embraced it in every form imaginable—as a messenger of the gods, powerful sex symbol, gambling aid, emblem of resurrection, all-purpose medicine, handy research tool, inspiration for bravery, epitome of evil, and, of course, as the star of the world’s most famous joke.

In <I>Why Did the Chicken Cross the World?</I>, science writer Andrew Lawler takes us on an adventure from prehistory to the modern era with a fascinating account of the partnership between human...

Like Reply
[Image: Windows.jpg]
Language: English | Format: epub | Size: 56.84 MB |

Description:
N/A

Like Reply
[Image: Wolf.jpg]
Language: English | Format: epub | Size: 1.48 MB |

Description:
A winding tale set in the heart of the French Quarter in New Orleans, Wolf Howling is the first of five books in the series Samsara. There is a puzzle to discover; a path among the brick alleyways and uneven streets.
Gather around, you travelers and malcontents. Come and sit a spell here with the gamblers, musicians and thieves. Yes, yes ... right here. They wait for you, your brothers and sisters; the ghosts of merchants, of voodoo priestesses and jazz prophets; of poets, seekers, and the Bacchanalian. They gather in the cellar; our fresh, ripe bones thrown into the Caveaux to mix with the dry chalk of our ancestors.
She is a siren, you see that, don't you? This city. This New Orleans. Full of dichotomies and mysteries; brimming with character and characters. She offers a respite and reflection, a passion and a decadence. Her dowry is culture and sustenance; pleasure and rapacity.
Can you see him there? Coming from the mist. He waits for her. Waiting for the young woman with her dog. She will lean close and whisper to him and there will be dreams of white rabbits, silver lockets, marauding pirates and hungry sharks. It is about to start! Don't you see? Wait for it now with me. Here it comes ...
And it began again.

Like Reply
[Image: Work-Optional-Retire-Early-the-Non-Penny...ng-Way.jpg]
Language: English | Total pages: N/A | Format: epub | Size: 4.24 MB |

Description:
Fifteen years ago, Tanja Hester and her husband were like everyone else: they worked for the paycheck, lived for the weekend, and were $38,000 in credit card debt. They were barely capable of paying next month's rent, let alone saving for retirement. Instead of succumbing to a less than satisfying life, they decided to make independence and happiness a top priority. Through mindfulness, minimalism, and slow but steady decision-making, in six years they succeeded in paying off all their debt, quadrupled their income, bought their dream home, and retired in their 30s!
Tanja has documented their journey on her blog, "Our Next Life," and in <i>Work Optional she will guide you in crafting your own early retirement plan-enabling you to quit work forever sooner and live life fully on your terms. She includes a helpful mix of mindful and practical advice such as:
<li>How to make a leap and create a plan that's bulletproof.</li><li>How to calculate your "enough" number, taking...

Like Reply
[Image: Yestermorrow-Obvious-Answers-to-Impossib...-Bradb.jpg]
Language: English | Total pages: N/A | Format: epub | Size: 396.75 KB |

Description:
Experience the world of tomorrow as imagined by visionary science fiction author Ray Bradbury. Combining images from his past along with his personal musings about the future, the result is <i>Yestermorrow: Obvious Answers to Impossible Futures.Entwined within a series of retrospective memoirs, Bradbury shares his thoughts on the state of the world—how the past and present are reflected in society, technology, and popular culture, as well as the need for thinkers and imagineers to be the architects of the future.In this extraordinary collection of essays, poetry, and philosophical reflection, readers are treated to a glimpse inside the mind of one of the most celebrated and prolific authors of the twentieth century. Bradbury reveals the creative sparks that led to some of his most well-known and enthralling stories, along with his authorial influences on his journey to becoming a prominent figure in modern literature.

Like Reply
[Image: _e64cc5d3be2cfdba9812fbe0ec8c0174.jpeg]
Language: English | Total pages: N/A | Format: epub | Size: 14.57 MB |

Description:
<B>Written by a mom and registered dietitian who specializes in family nutrition, <I>101 Healthiest Foods for Kids </I>is an interactive guide for parents and kids to discovering what fruits, veggies, whole grains, and more are best for fueling kids' minds and bodies. Plus, find tips for selecting, serving, and prepping these wholesome foods; answers to your biggest nutrition questions; and strategies for encouraging picky eaters.</B>Do you and your kids love living a healthy lifestyle (or are you looking to make that a goal)? Are you curious about which <B>foods </B>are <B>ideal for childhood nutrition</B>? Let <I>101 Healthiest Foods for Kids</I> be your handbook to everything whole food, no matter where you may be on your journey!This family-friendly guide includes<B> informational sidebars </B>with great <B>tips and tricks for getting kids to try new foods</B> and make healthy choices, as well as answers to questions, like: <I>Is juice healthy?</I>, <I>Does my child...

Like Reply
[Image: _79e8c6724c905ea2ef7dcde6b4fc436b.jpeg]
Language: English | Total pages: 116 | Format: pdf | Size: 6.08 MB |

Description:
N/A

Like Reply
[Image: _41424d11754ba98b2a860ff7365dd428.jpeg]
Language: English | Total pages: 120 | Format: pdf | Size: 17.13 MB |

Description:
N/A

Like Reply
[Image: _32ceda753a71c4002c370800998a4d54.jpeg]