Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: 3lfmas2J_o.jpg]
I Catch Killers - Gary Jubelin
epub | 16.15 MB | English | Author :Gary Jubelin | B0876GM3FD | 2020 | HarperCollins

Book Description :

Here I am: tall and broad, shaved head, had my nose broken three times fighting. Black suit, white shirt, the big city homicide detective. I've led investigations into serial killings, child abductions, organised crime hits and domestic murders. But beneath the suit, I've got an Om symbol in the shape of a Buddha tattooed on my right bicep. It balances the tattoo on my left ribs: Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. That's how I choose to live my life.
As a cop, I got paid to catch killers and I learned what doing it can cost you. It cost me marriages and friendships. It cost me my reputation. They tell you not to let a case get personal, but I think it has to. Each one has taken a piece out of me and added a piece, until there's only pieces.
I catch killers - it's what I do. It's who I am.
Gary Jubelin was Australia's most celebrated homicide detective, leading investigations into the disappearance of William...

Category : | Australian Biographies, Biographies of Law Enforcement, Biographies of Organized Crime
Thanks for downloading I Catch Killers - Gary Jubelin :
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: C9hkI9dt_o.jpg]
Active Network Analysis - Feedback Amplifier Theory 2nd Edition
pdf | 20.85 MB | Author :Edwin J. Elton

Book Description :

Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, 9th Editionexamines the characteristics and analysis of individual securities, as well as the theory and practice of optimally combining securities into portfolios. It stresses the economic intuition behind the subject matter while presenting advanced concepts of investment analysis and portfolio management.
The authors present material that captures the state of modern portfolio analysis, general equilibrium theory, and investment analysis in an accessible and intuitive manner.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Active Network Analysis - Feedback Amplifier Theory 2nd Edition :
Like Reply
[Image: 7wcVV6es_o.jpg]
Adventure Guide To Bolivia (Hunter Travel Guides)
pdf | 8.73 MB | Author :Vivien Lougheed

Book Description :

Hunter Pocket Adventure Guides contain all the practical travel information you need - places to stay and eat, tourist information resources, travel advice, emergency contacts, and more - plus condensed sections on history and geography that give you good background knowledge of the destination. The author is fascinated with the destination and her passion comes across in the text, which is lively, revealing, and a pleasure to read. Sidebars highlight unusual facts and tell of local legends, adding to your travel experience. Detailed town and regional maps make planning day-trips or city tours easy. Adventures covered range from town sightseeing tours and nature watching to sea kayaking and organized jungle excursions. Travelers looking for a more relaxed vacation may want to sign up for traditional dance lessons in Bolivia, drum classes in the Dominican Republic, or attend a weaving school in Bolivia - these cultural adventures will introduce you to the people and afford you a truly unique travel experience.

"Over the last two years I have traveled Bolivia four times. Among the score of Bolivian guides that I have reviewed, two stand out: "Pocket Adventures Bolivia" and "Footprint Bolivia". Both are solid guides, yet, both have their fla.

"Pocket Adventures Bolivia" has great recommendations for both accommodations and restaurants. It has maps for all the major cities and each maps list the locations of the recommended eateries and lodgings. The `Introduction' section is brief, but informative (history, culture, ecology, etc.). Each city (or location) is well laid out and out of all of the guides that I have reviewed, none is better than "Pocket Adventures Bolivia" in listing the best tour operators for each city or area.... Though its shortcoming are a hassle the strength of this guide overcomes them and this is a "Strongly Recommended" guide. Happy wanderings." -- Allan Gathercoal, Amazon reviewer

Category :
Thanks for downloading Adventure Guide To Bolivia (Hunter Travel Guides) :
Like Reply
[Image: qAt4RWib_o.jpg]
Black Hat Go
pdf | 5.13 MB | Author :Tom Steele

Book Description :

Like the best-selling Black Hat Python, Black Hat Go explores the darker side of the popular Go programming language. This collection of short scripts will help you test your systems, build and automate tools to fit your needs, and improve your offensive security skillset.

Black Hat Go explores the darker side of Go, the popular programming language revered by hackers for its simplicity, efficiency, and reliability. It provides an arsenal of practical tactics from the perspective of security practitioners and hackers to help you test your systems, build and automate tools to fit your needs, and improve your offensive security skillset, all using the power of Go.

You'll begin your journey with a basic overview of Go's syntax and philosophy and then start to explore examples that you can leverage for tool development, including common network protocols like HTTP, DNS, and SMB. You'll then dig into various tactics and problems that penetration testers encounter, addressing things like data pilfering, packet sniffing, and exploit development. You'll create dynamic, pluggable tools before diving into cryptography, attacking Microsoft Windo, and implementing steganography.

You'll learn how to:
  Make performant tools that can be used for your own security projects
  Create usable tools that interact with remote APIs
  Scbang arbitrary HTML data
  Use Go's standard package, net/http, for building HTTP servers
  Write your own DNS server and proxy
  Use DNS tunneling to establish a C2 channel out of a restrictive network
  Create a vulnerability fuzzer to discover an application's security weaknesses
  Use plug-ins and extensions to future-proof productsBuild an RC2 symmetric-key brute-forcer
  Implant data within a Portable Network Graphics (PNG) image.

Are you ready to add to your arsenal of security tools? Then let's Go!

Category :
Thanks for downloading Black Hat Go :
Like Reply
[Image: uKBEu89d_o.jpg]
Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus - Meredith Wild
epub | 415.97 KB | English | Author :Meredith Wild, ANGEL PAYNE | 9781642632187 | 2020 | Waterhouse Press

Book Description :

"Blood is Zeus is a dynamic and uniquely alluring paranormal romance! This author duo kno how to scorch the pages and tug at our imaginations. I can't wait for more!" - NYT Bestselling Author Carrie Ann Ryan

An ancient grudge. A forbidden love.

The only thing worse than being a demon is being a Valari. As an undergraduate at Los Angeles's Alameda University, Kara Valari can sometimes succeed at forgetting she's both. Lost between the pages of the classics and tucked into the shado of lecture halls, she can dodge the paparazzi's lenses as well as her family's publicized dramas-not to mention their private expectations. She has one more year to feed her true passions. Then she'll be expected to fulfill a much darker destiny.

Cursed with inexplicable strength and godlike stature, literature professor Maximus Kane kno all about darkness. Every day he's reminded of the missteps of his childhood and the devastating consequences they've had on those dearest to him. To atone, Maximus spends his nights alone and his days submerged in the quiet life of academia. His existence has become a study in control, and he's become a master at it-until Kara Valari walks into his toughest course.

Viscerally, Kara's everything he craves. Logically, she's everything he rejects. She's a starlet of privilege. She's also a student. And after one touch, he can't deny that she's awakened something in him that may never go dormant. Nothing about her makes sense, but everything about her feels right. Especially in the deepest strands of his DNA, which are still shado of mystery to him-a mystery Kara seems determined to uncover.

She's Hollywood royalty. She's forbidden fruit. And he's pretty sure she could be the answer to everything.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus - Meredith Wild :
Like Reply
[Image: zDsBDb82_o.jpg]
Brazen in Blue - Rachael Miles
epub | 1.07 MB | English | Author :Rachael Miles | 2020 | Zebra Books

Book Description :

Lady Emmeline Hartley has overcome every obstacle life has thrown her way. A spinster, disappointed in love, Em is on the brink of a marriage of convenience, when the man who rejected her heart reappears in need of her help. It gives Em a chance to escape, put to use one her most unusual talents-and perhaps convince him once and for all to risk his heart . . .
Adam Montclair-one of the most successful agents at the Home Office-rubs elbo with the highest levels of society. Even so, he wasn't to the manor born. No matter how much he desires Em, as a match he is completely unsuitable. While it pains him to be near her, it's a punishment he richly deserves. Now on a mission to uncover a plot against the government, Adam kno Em's uncanny ability to recall voices will be essential. Yet as the two thwart the dangers in their path, it may become impossible to deny that Em is essential to happiness itself . . .

Praise for the Muses' Salon...

Category :
Thanks for downloading Brazen in Blue - Rachael Miles :
Like Reply
[Image: iIeEaZJi_o.jpg]
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook For Dummies, 2 edition
epub | 110.68 MB | English | Author :Rhena Branch | John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Book Description :

Dozens of practical exercises and easy to perform techniques for banishing negative thoughts before they take hold
Whether you're trying to overcome anxiety and depression, boost self-esteem, beat addiction, lose weight, or simply improve your outlook, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) offers a practical, sensible approach to mastering your thoughts and thinking constructively. In this updated and expanded edition of the companion workbook to their bestselling Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies, professional therapists Rhena Branch and Rob Wilson show you, step-by-step, how to put the lessons provided in their book into practice. Inside you'll find a huge number of hands-on exercises and techniques to help you remove roadblocks to change and regain control over your life.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook For Dummies, Second Edition:
  • Develops the ideas and concepts that presented in the bestselling Cognitive Behavioural Therapy...

Category :
Thanks for downloading Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook For Dummies, 2 edition :
Like Reply
[Image: Nvazh1ZB_o.jpg]
Darius the Great Deserves Bette - Adib Khorram
epub | 1.08 MB | English | Author :Adib Khorram | 2020 | Penguin Young Readers Group

Book Description :

In this companion to the award-winning Darius the Great Is Not Okay, Darius suddenly has it all: a boyfriend, an internship, a spot on the soccer team. It's everything he's ever wanted-but what if he deserves better?
Darius Kellner is having a bit of a year. Since his trip to Iran this past spring, a lot has changed. He's getting along with his dad, and his best friend Sohrab is only a Skype call away. Between his first boyfriend, Landon, his varsity soccer practices, and his internship at his favorite tea shop, Darius is feeling pretty okay. Like he finally kno what it means to be Darius Kellner.
Then, of course, everything changes. Darius's grandmothers are in town for a long visit while his dad is gone on business, and Darius isn't sure whether they even like him. The internship isn't what Darius thought it would be, and now he doesn't know about turning tea into his career. He was sure he liked Landon, but when he starts hanging out with...

Category :
Thanks for downloading Darius the Great Deserves Bette - Adib Khorram :
Like Reply
[Image: MP27KcUC_o.jpg]
Ellmann, Richard (ed ) - Letters of James Joyce, Vol III (Faber & Faber, 1966)
pdf | 28.58 MB | Author :Richard Ellmann (ed.)

Book Description :

This ebook contains James Joyce's complete works.

This edition has been professionally formatted and contains several tables of contents. The first table of contents (at the very beginning of the ebook) lists the titles of all novels included in this volume. By clicking on one of those titles you will be redirected to the beginning of that work, where you'll find a new TOC that lists all the chapters and sub-chapters of that specific work.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Ellmann, Richard (ed ) - Letters of James Joyce, Vol III (Faber & Faber, 1966) :
Like Reply
[Image: NoocCJ9H_o.jpg]
Ellmann, Richard (ed ) - Selected Letters of James Joyce (Viking, 1975)
pdf | 17.39 MB | Author :Richard Ellmann (ed.)

Book Description :

This ebook contains James Joyce's complete works.

This edition has been professionally formatted and contains several tables of contents. The first table of contents (at the very beginning of the ebook) lists the titles of all novels included in this volume. By clicking on one of those titles you will be redirected to the beginning of that work, where you'll find a new TOC that lists all the chapters and sub-chapters of that specific work.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Ellmann, Richard (ed ) - Selected Letters of James Joyce (Viking, 1975) :
Like Reply
[Image: sVqwXYMu_o.jpg]
Enchant the Night - Amanda Ashley
epub | 1.36 MB | English | Author :Amanda Ashley | 2020 | Kensington

Book Description :

In the arms of a centuries-old vampire, a woman awakens to newfound passion-and magical powers of her own.

Hungarian vampires are born, not made-and can breed with mortal females. Being one of the oldest of his kind, Quill Falconer has honed his skills at hunting just the right kind of prey, which is why his latest victim confounds him. She shouldn't remember his drinking her blood. And he shouldn't still be craving more . . .

Callie Hathaway's life is as normal as it can be after the death of the beloved grandmother who raised her. Until one night, feeling foggy and fatigued, she realizes that a strangely sensual encounter with a dark, handsome man didn't occur only in her imagination.

As Callie and Quill's unique connection dra them together, an ancient order of knights seeks Quill's destruction. Being together puts Callie in mortal danger-until she uncovers a magical family legacy....

Category :
Thanks for downloading Enchant the Night - Amanda Ashley :
Like Reply
[Image: iXnell7s_o.jpg]
Firefighter Shifters Second Ch - Naomi Sparks
epub | 190.14 KB | English | Author :Naomi Sparks | 2020 | naomisparks.com

Book Description :

A sizzling paranormal bodyguard wolf shifter romance! Now a complete series.

Alynna's life is a mess.

And something is changing inside of her.

Turns out she's not only a werewolf shifter, but she's practically royalty.

The Lycan bodyguard that her Alpha brother insisted on was too much.

Alex is a tall drink of water, but she hates the feeling of being guarded.

She doesn't think it's necessary.

One night of terror changes all of that.

Who is trying to kill her?

Why?

Fear is powerful and she finds herself drawn to her protector.

But their love is forbidden.

She will have to make a choice.

If she can survive.

You'll be enthralled by this paranormal romance.

Get it today.

Full synopsis:
Private Investigator Alynna Chase's life is turned upside down when she meets charming and sexy Lycan bodyguard Alex Westbrooke.

When a chance encounter unleashes her shifter side, Alynna Chase discovers the secret world of werewolf clans living right under everyone's noses. Not only is she a full-blooded Lycan, but she's also a fabled True Mate offspring, born of a human mother and powerful Alpha father. She finds herself in the center of Lycan society, sought-after by eligible males, but also in danger from unknown forces trying to harm her. The Alpha of New York assigns her a bodyguard, and she feels drawn to the sexy, broody Lycan, but he's strictly all-business, hell bent on protecting her while keeping her at arm's length.

Alex Westbrooke kno that Alynna could never be his. With her position so high up in clan hierarchy, he could only dream of possessing her. But the attraction between them is too powerful, and he risks everything to have her, even for just one night.

When a threat to the clan and Alynna's life dra them closer together, Alex vo to do anything to protect her, even risk getting too close and defying Lycan tradition and hierarchy.

With so many things at stake, will their affair end in disaster or have these two lonely souls found what they've been looking for?

Fated Mates: Book 1 of the True Mates series is a FULL-LENGTH paranormal romance novel with over 70k words. It's a standalone novel with HEA, hot and sexy scenes, Lycan action and no cheating.

Buy now and get an exclusive FREE bonus contemporary billionaire domination romance, The Billionaire Heirs

READ THE COMPLETE SERIES!

True Mates Series Reading Order:

Fated Mates (Book 1)
Blood Moon (Book 2)
Romancing the Alpha (Book 3)
Witch's Mate (Book 4)
Taming the Beast (Book 5)
Tempted by the Wolf (Book 6)

Praise for Fated Mates:
"I paid Fated Mates one of the highest compliments I can give to a book: I literally stayed up until morning to finish it. The tale is so gripping that I couldn't put it down"
"Super beginning, easily read as a stand alone, but I don't know why you would. I'll be looking for more from this author."
"Fated Mates was flawlessly written. The characters are easy to love and connect with. Alicia Montgomery can seriously write and cause real feels. "

Category :
Thanks for downloading Firefighter Shifters Second Ch - Naomi Sparks :
Like Reply
[Image: UIM9qDE7_o.jpg]
Gifford, Don - Joyce Annotated Notes for Dubliners & Portrait of the Artist (California, 1982)
pdf | 8.55 MB | Author :Don Gifford

Book Description :

In James Joyce's early work, as in Ulysses and Finnegans Wake, meanings are often concealed in obscure allusions and details of veiled suggestive power. Consistent recognition of these hidden signififances in Dubliners and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man would require an encyclopedic knowledge of life in nineteenth- and twentieth-century Dublin such as few readers possess. Now this substantially revised and expanded edition of Don Gifford's Notes to Joyce: "Dubliners" and "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" puts the requisite knowledge at the disposal of scholars, students, and general readers.

An ample introductory essay supplies the historical, biographical, and geographical background for Dubliners and Portrait. The annotations that follow gloss place names, define slang terms, recount relevant gossip, give capsule histories of institutions and political and cultural movements and figures, supply bits of local and Irish legend and lore, explain religious nomenclature and practices, and illuminate cryptic allusions to literature, theology, philosophy, science and the arts.

Professor Gifford's labors in gathering these data into a single volume have resulted in an invaluable source-book for all students of Joyce's art.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Gifford, Don - Joyce Annotated Notes for Dubliners & Portrait of the Artist (California, 1982) :
Like Reply
[Image: 7bztASCB_o.jpg]
Hallucinations By Oliver Sacks
epub | 2.16 MB | English | Author :Oliver Sacks | 2012 | Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group

Book Description :

From the best-selling author of Musicophilia and The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, a provocative investigation into hallucinations--auditory, visual, tactile, olfactory--their many guises, their physiological sources, and their personal and cultural resonances.

Hallucinations, for most people, imply madness. But there are many different types of non-psychotic hallucination caused by various illnesses or injuries, by intoxication--even, for many people, by falling sleep. From the elementary geometrical shapes that we see when we rub our eyes to the complex swirls and blind spots and zigzags of a visual migraine, hallucination takes many forms. At a higher level, hallucinations associated with the altered states of consciousness that may come with sensory deprivation or certain brain disorders can lead to religious epiphanies or conversions. Drawing on a wealth of clinical examples from his own patients as well as historical and literary...

Category :
Thanks for downloading Hallucinations By Oliver Sacks :
Like Reply
[Image: DYC5fo4E_o.jpg]
Hard Line (Cobra Elite Book 5) - Pamela Clare
epub | 512.23 KB | English | Author :Clare, Pamela

Book Description :

A woman dragged into danger.
Dr. Samantha Park's life is shaken when her best friend and research partner dies barely two months into their eight-month stretch at the South Pole. She hasn't begun to face her loss when men from Cobra International Security arrive to recover sensitive military components from a crashed satellite-and ask her to come with them. As a scientist, she has always been suspicious of the military, and flying across Antarctica in austral winter is more like suicide than a rescue mission. But when she hears what's at stake, she agrees to help and is forced to put her trust in Thor Isaksen, the tall, broad-shouldered Dane who leads the Cobra team.
The only man who can keep her alive.
Thor served as an elite soldier in Afghanistan and spent two years as part of a Danish spec-ops unit patrolling sea ice in the Arctic. He's used to the cold and constant darkness. That's why he's been tapped to lead this mission. Under orders to do whatever he must to keep a dangerous weapon from falling into enemy hands, he's prepared for every scenario-except one. Samantha, with her blue eyes and brilliant mind, takes him by surprise. She's confident in her abilities as a scientist and yet so unsure of herself as a woman. Stuck at the station with his team until the weather clears, he can't ignore the growing attraction he feels for her even if she's the last thing he should be doing on the job.
A killer who will destroy them all.
As temperatures drop to one hundred below, the heat between Thor and Samantha flares out of control. But a killer is lurking on station, someone with an agenda that threatens not only the lives of every person there, but also global peace. It will take all of Thor's skill and strength to stop the murderous traitor-and keep himself and the woman he loves alive.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Hard Line (Cobra Elite Book 5) - Pamela Clare :
Like Reply
[Image: 5DMOdun7_o.jpg]
Health Psychology 2nd Edition
pdf | 7.87 MB | Author :Darcy H Granello

Book Description :

Meaningful learning aids and real-life scenarios help students learn to become reflective practitioners.
Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity does more than overview professional practice competencies-it actively engages students using relatable, real-life scenarios and effective pedagogical aids designed for the way they learn best.

As students are introduced to current research, controversial topics, and authentic counseling stories, they are challenged to think critically and reflect on what they learn. This approach keeps them involved in their learning as they acquire the skills they need to develop their professional identities. Filled with more first-person accounts, new social justice themes, over 300 updated reference citations, and the latest CACREP standards, the 2nd Edition gives readers true insight into the way that counseling is practiced today.

Also available with MyLab Counseling
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Counseling organizes all assignments around essential learning outcomes and the CACREP standards-enabling easy course alignment and reporting.

Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Counseling does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Counseling, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.

If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Counseling, search for:

0134798694 / 9780134798691 Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity plus MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package contains:
  • 0134816420 / 9780134816425 Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity
  • 0134816552 / 9780134816555 MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity

Category :
Thanks for downloading Health Psychology 2nd Edition :
Like Reply
[Image: eepmGhod_o.jpg]
Heartbreak You (Heartbreak Duet - T L Smith
epub | 248.96 KB | English | Author :T.L. Smith

Book Description :

Our story didn't exist, it was broken before it began.
Kisses were covered with lies.
Lies were covered with kisses.
Hate turned into lust.
And lust turned into fantasy.
That's what we were, a fantasy.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Now it's time to move on. But how can you when your heart wants to say stuck in the fantasy?
When even through all the lies and kisses, you still have lust.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Heartbreak You (Heartbreak Duet - T L Smith :
Like Reply
[Image: C2k1eDSZ_o.jpg]
Herring, Phillip (ed ) - Joyce's Notes and Early Drafts for Ulysses (Virginia, 1977)
pdf | 16.07 MB | Author :Phillip Herring (ed.)

Book Description :

Get the perfect blend of pharmacology, prioritization, and nursing process information. As one of the best-selling nursing pharmacology books on the market, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process focuses on the key information you need to safely and effectively administer medications. The 9th Edition features clearly written updated drug content reflecting the latest FDA drug approvals, withdrawals, and thebangutic uses. Hundreds of full-color illustrations detail how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in administration. As in previous editions, the text includes thoughtful learning strategies, simple language, a wealth of student-friendly features and innovative learning aids, and QSEN callouts. Along with its integrated NCLEX® preparation and instructor resources, you won't find a more complete pharmacology text on the market!
  • Focus on need-to-know content uses a "key drug" approach to help you focus on the most important information.
  • Focus on the nursing process helps you learn to prioritize nursing care to focus on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
  • Focus on prioritization includes prioritized nursing diagnoses along with corresponding prioritization of goals and outcomes, to help you learn to connect nursing diagnoses to goals and outcomes.
  • Additional QSEN coverage incorporates more QSEN information throughout the text.
      • Applicable QSEN competencies added to text case study titles
      • Collaboration and teamwork content added to selected case studies
      • Addition of new Safety: What Went Wrong? case studies
      • Explanation of QSEN initiatives as it relates to safety and quality of patient care is included in the Medication Errors chapter

• Improved readability is aided by more friendly, direct-address language; shorter sentences; simplified language (where appropriate); and much more.
  • An extensive Photo Atlas of Drug Administration features more than 100 step-by-step illustrations depicting key steps in drug administration for various routes of drug administration.
  • UNIQUE! QSEN focus highlights those aspects of the book ― such as boxes, tips, case studies, and other content ― that correlate with the QSEN competencies.
  • Popular key drug approach focuses on the need-to-know content for safe clinical practice and uses a streamlined approach to drug indications, emphasizing only the most common or serious adverse effects.
  • Integrated NCLEX® Examination preparation includes seven NCLEX Examination review questions in every chapter, with at least one alternate-format item per chapter.
  • Thorough application of the nursing process is addressed in each chapter to help you learn how to prioritize nursing care to focus on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
  • Colorful and consistent learner-friendly format utilizes a variety of tables and practical body systems organization to help you integrate pharmacology content with what you are learning in medical-surgical and adult health nursing courses.
  • Large collection of student-friendly learning aids includes approachable text elements such as:
      • Cartoon-illustrated learning strategies covering study, time management, and test-taking tips related to studying pharmacology.
      • Drug profiles highlighting specific information on commonly-used agents.
      • Case studies that help bring patients to life and promote critical thinking skills.
      • Dosages tables providing instant access to dosages, routes, and indications for individual drugs.
      • Key points summarizing key pharmacology and nursing content in each chapter.
      • Critical thinking and prioritization questions encourage you to think on a deeper level.
      • More than 250 full-color photos and illustrations show how drugs work in the body and how to administer medications safely and effectively.

• NEW! Thoroughly updated drug content reflects the very latest FDA drug approvals, withdrawals, and thebangutic uses, as well as corresponding updated nursing content
  • NEW! UNIQUE! Many new images in Photo Atlas of Drug Information included to accompany difficult concepts.
  • NEW! Inclusion of more student practice questions helps you better comprehend complex concepts.

Category :
Thanks for downloading Herring, Phillip (ed ) - Joyce's Notes and Early Drafts for Ulysses (Virginia, 1977) :
Like Reply
[Image: CCgxPYGw_o.jpg]
Hidden - Laura Griffin
epub | 992.37 KB | English | Author :Laura Griffin | 2020 | Penguin Publishing Group

Book Description :

A riveting new thriller featuring an ambitious female investigative reporter in Austin, Texas by New York Times bestselling author Laura Griffin.

When a woman is found brutally murdered on Austin's lakeside hike-and-bike trail, investigative reporter Bailey Rhoads turns up on the scene demanding access and answers. She tries to pry information out of the lead detective, Jacob Merritt. But this case is unlike any he's ever seen, and nothing adds up.
Bailey has a hunch the victim wasn't who she claimed to be and believes this mugging-turned-murder could have been a targeted hit. When she digs deeper, the trail leads her to a high-tech fortress on the outskirts of Austin where researchers are pushing the boundaries of a cutting-edge technology that could be deadly in the wrong hands.
As a ruthless hit man's mission becomes clear, Bailey and Jacob must embark on a desperate search to locate the next target before the clock ticks down on this lethal game...

Category :
Thanks for downloading Hidden - Laura Griffin :
Like Reply
[Image: 1Q4fB13J_o.jpg]
How Children Succeed - Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character
epub | 551.83 KB | English | Author :Paul Tough | 9780547564654 | Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Book Description :

Why do some children succeed while others fail?

The story we usually tell about childhood and success is the one about intelligence: success comes to those who score highest on tests, from preschool admissions to SATs.

But in How Children Succeed, Paul Tough argues that the qualities that matter most have more to do with character: skills like perseverance, curiosity, conscientiousness, optimism, and self-control.

How Children Succeed introduces us to a new generation of researchers and educators who, for the first time, are using the tools of science to peel back the mysteries of character. Through their stories-and the stories of the children they are trying to help-Tough traces the links between childhood stress and life success. He uncovers the surprising ways in which parents do-and do not-prepare their children for adulthood. And he provides us with new insights into how to help children growing up in poverty.

Early adversity, scientists have come to understand, can not only affect the conditions of children's lives, it can alter the physical development of their brains as well. But now educators and doctors around the country are using that knowledge to develop innovative interventions that allow children to overcome the constraints of poverty. And with the help of these new strategies, as Tough's extraordinary reporting makes clear, children who grow up in the most painful circumstances can go on to achieve amazing things.

This provocative and profoundly hopeful book has the potential to change how we raise our children, how we run our schools, and how we construct our social safety net. It will not only inspire and engage readers, it will also change our understanding of childhood itself.

Amazon.com Review

Q&A with Paul Tough
Q. What made you want to write How Children Succeed?
A. In 2008, I published my first book, Whatever It Takes, about Geoffrey Canada and the Harlem Children's Zone. I spent five years reporting that book, but when I finished it, I realized I still had a lot of questions about what really happens in childhood. How Children Succeed is an attempt to answer those questions, which for many of us are big and mysterious and central in our lives: Why do certain children succeed while other children fail? Why is it, exactly, that poor children are less likely to succeed, on average, than middle-class children? And most important, what can we all do to steer more kids toward success?
Q. Where did you go to find the answers?
A. My reporting for this book took me all over the country, from a pediatric clinic in a low-income San Francisco neighborhood to a chess tournament in central Ohio to a wealthy private school in New York City. And what I found as I reported was that there is a new and groundbreaking conversation going on, out of the public eye, about childhood and success and failure. It is very different than the traditional education debate. There are economists working on this, neuroscientists, psychologists, medical doctors. They are often working independently from one another. They don't always coordinate their efforts. But they're beginning to find some common ground, and together they're reaching some interesting and important conclusions.
Q. A lot of your reporting for this book was in low-income neighborhoods. Overall, what did you learn about kids growing up in poverty?
A. A lot of what we think we know about the effect of poverty on a child's development is just plain wrong. It's certainly indisputable that growing up in poverty is really hard on children. But the conventional wisdom is that the big problem for low-income kids is that they don't get enough cognitive stimulation early on. In fact, what seems to have more of an effect is the chaotic environments that many low-income kids grow up in and the often stressful relationships they have with the adults around them. That makes a huge difference in how children's brains develop, and scientists are now able to trace a direct route from those early negative experiences to later problems in school, health, and behavior.
The problem is that science isn't yet reflected in the way we run our schools and operate our social safety net. And that's a big part of why so many low-income kids don't do well in school. We now know better than ever what kind of help they need to succeed in school. But very few schools are equipped to deliver that help.
Q. Many readers were first exposed to your reporting on character through your article in the New York Times Magazine in September 2011, which was titled "What If the Secret to Success Is Failure?" How does failure help us succeed?
A. That's an idea that I think was best expressed by Dominic Randolph, the head of the Riverdale Country School, an exclusive private school in the Bronx where they're now doing some interesting experiments with teaching character. Here's how he put it: "The idea of building grit and building self-control is that you get that through failure. And in most highly academic environments in the United States, no one fails anything."
That idea resonated with a lot of readers. I don't think it's quite true that failure itself helps us succeed. In fact, repeated failures can be quite devastating to a child's development. What I think is important on the road to success is learning to deal with failure, to manage adversity. That's a skill that parents can certainly help their children develop--but so can teachers and coaches and mentors and neighbors and lots of other people.
Q. How did writing this book affect you as a parent?
A. My wife and I became parents for the first time just as I started reporting this book, and our son Ellington is now three. Those are crucial years in a child's development, and I spent a lot of them reading papers on the infant brain and studies on attachment and trauma and stress hormones, trying not to get too overwhelmed.
In the end, though, this research had a surprising effect: it made me more relaxed as a parent. When Ellington was born, I was very much caught up in the idea of childhood as a race--the faster a child develops skills, the better he does on tests, the better he'll do in life. Having done this reporting, I'm less concerned about my son's reading and counting ability. Don't get me wrong, I still want him to know that stuff. But I think he'll get there in time. What I'm more concerned about is his character--or whatever the right synonym is for character when you're talking about a three-year-old. I want him to be able to get over disappointments, to calm himself down, to keep working at a puzzle even when it's frustrating, to be good at sharing, to feel loved and confident and full of a sense of belonging. Most important, I want him to be able to deal with failure.
That's a difficult thing for parents to give their children, since we have deep in our DNA the urge to shield our kids from every kind of trouble. But what we're finding out now is that in trying to protect our children, we may actually be harming them. By not giving them the chance to learn to manage adversity, to cope with failure, we produce kids who have real problems when they grow up. Overcoming adversity is what produces character. And character, even more than IQ, is what leads to real and lasting success.

From Booklist
Starred Review Debunking the conventional wisdom of the past few decades that disadvantaged children need to develop basic reading and counting skills before entering school, Tough argues that they would be better served by learning such skills as grit, conscientiousness, curiosity, and optimism. It boils down to a debate about precognitive versus noncognitive skills of self-regulation or, simply put, character. Tough (Whatever It Takes, 2008) spent two years interviewing students, teachers, and administrators at failing public schools, alternative programs, charter schools, elite schools, and a variety of after-school programs. He also interviewed psychologists, economists, and neuroscientists and examined the latest research on character education beyond the bromides of the Left and Right to discover what actually works in teaching children skills that will aid them in school and in life, whatever the circumstances of their childhoods. Most compelling are Tough's portraits of adolescents from backgrounds rife with poverty, violence, drug-addicted parents, sexual abuse, and failing schools, who manage to gain skills that help them overcome their adversities and go on to college. Tough ultimately argues in favor of research indicating that these important skills can be learned and children's lives saved. A very hopeful look at promising new research on education. --Vanessa Bush

Category :
Thanks for downloading How Children Succeed - Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character :
Like Reply