Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: OaCEBrId_t.jpg]
Queen FAQ All That's Left to Know About Britain's Most Eccentric Band (FAQ)
epub | 6.42 MB | English | Daniel Ross | 2020 | Backbeat | Page: 328

About Queen FAQ All That's Left to Know About Britain's Most Eccentric Band (FAQ) :

Whether you think you know everything about Queen already or if you're new to the band and want to learn more, Queen FAQ will walk you through every aspect of one of the music industry's strangest, longest, and most successful bands of all time.

Queen is the quintessential stadium-filling live act with an impeccable musical pedigree and a penchant for extreme partying; Queen was, and still is, a complete one-off. Discover the journey from long-haired rockers obsessed with mythology to creators of slick chart-toppers, and their unexpected second life after the death of Freddie Mercury in 1991, taking them right up to date with sell-out world tours and an Oscar-winning movie to their name.

The story of Queen has been told so many times, but never quite like this: taking an exhaustive approach to every aspect of every band member, this unique book will answer all the questions you've ever wanted to ask about Britain's biggest band. Did Freddie...

Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: L9fts0Vy_t.jpg]
The Politics of Education Ed 2
pdf | 1.09 MB | English | Saltman, Kenneth J.; | 2020 | Barrons Educational Series; Twelfth edition | Page: 155

About The Politics of Education Ed 2 :

Barron's AP U.S. Government and Politics is aligned with the College Board course and updated based on feedback from actual AP teachers. You'll get in-depth content review and revised practice tests to help you feel prepared for the exam.
Updated content based on actual teacher feedback after putting the new course framework in practice in the classroom Two full-length practice tests in the book Review of the essential information likely to appear on the test, including the branches of federal government, political parties, and key foundational documents Up-to-date content including required Supreme Court decisions and the impact of the 2016 Presidential election

Like Reply
[Image: oLBKqj3I_t.jpg]
Restless Virgins Love, Sex, and Survival at a New England Prep School
pdf | 1.6 MB | English | Abigail Jones and Marissa Miley | 2009 | HarperCollins e-books; Reprint edition | Page: 339

About Restless Virgins Love, Sex, and Survival at a New England Prep School :

An honest, intimate look at the lives of today's teens-told through the true experiences of friends at a New England prep school
Established in 1798, Milton Academy has a proud history of achievement. It has educated artists and CEOs; it has produced a long line of distinguished scholars and dignitaries; and it has shepherded students through the world of high-pressure academics for generations. Since its founding, the public face of Milton had always been one of integrity and pride . . . until a sex scandal rocked the campus and made headlines in the spring of 2005. The offense? Teenagers doing no more than what others had done before them-except this time they got caught.
Restless Virgins is the riveting real-life story of a group of seniors who were there as the "incident" (as it came to be called) unfolded: Whitney, the athletic and sensual beauty every girl wants to be; Annie, who craves acceptance but is torn between the desire for peer approval and musical success; Jillian, the smart one who is sick of high school drama and desperate to go to college; and Reed, a "hockey god" who has it all but whose charisma masks a secret insecurity.
From "friends with benefits" to STDs, today's teens face a wider array of social and sexual opportunities-and pressures-than ever before. Through its eye-opening yet sensitive depiction of a group of normal kids with normal struggles, Restless Virgins offers an important look at contemporary adolescence no teen, parent, or educator can afford to miss. And it is written by two recent Milton graduates who know this world-and these students-like no others.

Like Reply
[Image: DPRIkGSb_t.jpg]
Hour of the Fox
epub | 1.11 MB | English | Cassandra Clark | 2020 | Severn House Publishers | Page: 304

About Hour of the Fox :

Introducing reluctant spy and friar-sleuth Brother Rodric Chandler in the first of a brand-new medieval mystery series.
London. July, 1399. As rumours spread that his ambitious cousin, Henry Bolingbroke, has returned from exile in France, King Richard's grip on the English throne gro ever more precarious. Meanwhile, the body of a young woman is discovered at Dowgate sluice. When it's established that the dead woman was a novice from nearby Barking Abbey, the coroner calls in his friend, Brother Chandler, to investigate.
Who would cut the throat of a young nun and throw her remains in the river? And what was she doing outside the confines of the priory in the first place? Secretly acting as a spy for Henry Bolingbroke, Chandler is torn by conflicting loyalties and agonising self-doubt. As the king's cousin marches towards Wales and England teeters on the brink of civil war, Chandler's investigations will draw him into affairs of state - and...

Like Reply
[Image: aRR4gfG5_t.jpg]
Leech
epub | 497.78 KB | English | Ellie Douglas | 2019 | Ellie Douglas | Page: 286

About Leech :

The only thing scarier in outer space is the fear of the unknown.
Captain John Lancaster's ship is critically damaged in an asteroid storm, leaving John and his crew stranded. Drifting off course. 
He was returning to earth with supplies and samples from planet Sol. When he and his team discover they are not alone on the ship. 
Something is hiding onboard and is taking the crew members out, one by one.  
Will John make it home to see his wife and child? Can he save his remaining crew? 

Like Reply
[Image: Ru3tovNf_t.jpg]
Mummy's Boy
epub | 293.71 KB | English | JA Andre | 2020 | Hera | Page: N/A

About Mummy's Boy :

No one can love a son like his mother...
Patricia Mullner is trapped in a nightmare no parent should ever experience. Three years ago, 17-year-old son Andrew vanished without trace. There was no note, no goodbye and no body has ever been found, and now her days are spent in a fog of heartache and alcohol, crying to husband Thomas about their lost boy.
But Patricia is more than just a grieving mother, and as Andrew's disappearance starts to unravel the perfect family she's built with Thomas, it seems that the actions of her past may be back to haunt her.
Because someone is watching from the shado - someone who kno exactly what Patricia is hiding. Someone who will stop at nothing to take revenge - and might just hold the key to Andrew's disappearance...
An absolutely gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist in the tale. Readers of My Lovely Wife, KL Slater and B.A. Paris will not be able to put this one...

Like Reply
[Image: igJic7eR_t.jpg]
New Japan Architecture Recent Works by the World's Leading Architects
pdf | 90.37 MB | English | Deanna MacDonald | 2012 | Tuttle Publishing; Hardcover with Jacket edition | Page: 226

About New Japan Architecture Recent Works by the World's Leading Architects :

Featuring dozens of high-quality photographs, schematic designs and insightful commentary this Japanese architecture book is a must-have for architects or collectors.

The past five years are widely consider to have been the most innovative period in contemporary Japanese design history. The projects featured in New Japan Architecture were completed during this extraordinarily fertile time. Featuring breathtaking images of modern Japan, this volume presents forty-eight extraordinary projects by forty-two of the world's leading architects, including:
  • Hitoshi Abe
  • Ward Kishi
  • Tadao Ando
  • Chiba Manabu Architects
  • Toyo Ito
  • Kengo Kuma
  • Kazuyo Sejima

This architecture book features a wide-range of buildings, some exhibiting the ultimate ideal of the white Zen cube, while others exemplify the search for the new wow factor in iconic design. In many, cutting-edge modernity is counterbalanced by a concern for sustainability-an issue that has motivated many architects to rethink and reintroduce concepts drawn from traditional Japanese architecture. Projects big and small, private and public, residential and commercial are included.

Insightful text by two leading experts in the field of Japanese architecture highlights the remarkable aspects of each building and places these developments within the wider context of world architecture. Offering an essential overview of current trends, New Japan Architecture points the way to modern architecture's future.

Like Reply
[Image: PpTERo3Y_t.jpg]
Orphan's Daughte
epub | 430.87 KB | English |9781786819079 | Sandy Taylor | 2020 | Bookouture | Page: 348

About Orphan's Daughte :

Ireland, 1924. For thirteen-year-old Nora Doyle every day is a fight for survival in Ballybun, the rural Irish village she calls home. Each night, as she feels the cold wind blowing through the cracks of her family's cramped cottage, Nora longs to escape the poverty surrounding her, and find her place in the world.When she meets Edward, from the grand house that looms over her tiny village, she feels an unlikely kinship that is impossible to explain, and as she gro from an impulsive child into a beautiful woman, Nora spends every moment she can with him. But Edward holds the key to a devastating truth about Nora's own family that will change her life forever, leading Nora away from the village, to the bright, dazzling lights of Dublin, and the charming baker Joe Lynch.But sorrow is never far away for an Irish village girl, and when tragedy strikes, Nora must return to Ballybun and face up to the truth that drove her away. But back amongst the familiar sights and smells of her childhood, Nora feels herself drawn once more to her old life, and love, and she faces an impossible choice. Can she deny her roots, or will she always be the girl from Paradise Alley?A heart-wrenching story of love, loss and the power of friendship during unimaginable hardship. This book is perfect for fans of Orphan Train and Diney Costeloe's The Girl with No Name.

What readers are saying about Sandy Taylor:
'Oh my word what a fabulous book. I just loved every page of it. This book drew me right in and I was glued to it right up to the final page. A massive 5 stars from me.' Goodreads reviewer, 5 stars'Wow. right from the start I was hooked to the pages. brilliant. full of joy and also heartbreak. my heart was being wrenched out. an absolutely gorgeous story full of highs and lo. I couldn't put this book down.' Katie's Book Cave, 5 stars'Wow!! What a heartbreaking story I ever read! I absolutely loved that book sooooo much. I definitely will read more books from this author. amazing!' Goodreads reviewer, 5 star'Oh WOW. What a beautiful heart-warming story this is. drew me in and I loved it from the very first page. I couldn't get enough. I was reading this until 1am.' Goodreads Reviewer, 5 stars'I fell in love. fabulous. an enthralling read that I didn't want to put down. I was so wrapped up. heart-warming and beautifully written. will have you hooked until the very last page.' By the Letter Book Revie, 5 stars'Oh my heart. Outstanding. such a beautiful heart-warming and at times heart-breaking story. This touched my heart! I felt all the emotions while reading this story. this book will be going straight into my top 20 of 2018. stunning. I devoured and lost myself in this book. Brilliant. Five stars.' Between the Pages Book Club, 5 stars'Amazing! Heartbreaking and heartwarming. I fell in love with Cissy's character right from the start. I actually cried during the reading of this book. wish I could give it more than a 5 star rating.' Goodreads reviewer, 5 stars'Wow. I absolutely LOVED it. I had to make sure I had a supply of tissues handy. one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. seriously addictive. totally, utterly and absolutely loved reading.' Ginger Book Geek, 5 stars'So so so good! I loved everything about it.' Goodreads reviewer'I loved it. A wonderful, although heartbreaking story, which was filled with hope, friendship and family. Highly recommended.' Goodreads Reviewer, 5 stars

Like Reply
[Image: N745Hi80_t.jpg]
Sergio Biological & Chemical Warfare in the Ancient World
epub | 30.49 MB | English | Samantha Power | 2013 | Penguin Publishing Group | Page: 435

About Sergio Biological & Chemical Warfare in the Ancient World :

In this perfect match of author and subject, Pulitzer Prize-winner Samantha Power tackles the life of Sergio Vieira de Mello, whose work for the U.N. before his 2003 death in Iraq was emblematic of moral struggle on the global stage. Power has drawn on a staggering breadth of research (including 400 intervie) to show us a heroic figure and the conflicts he waded into, from Cambodia's Khmer Rouge to the slaughter in Bosnia to the war-torn Middle East. The result is a peerless portrait of humanity and pragmatism, as well as a history of our convulsive age.

Like Reply
[Image: yPwGiWHc_t.jpg]
Survival City Adventures Among the Ruins of Atomic America
pdf | 5.01 MB | English | Tom Vanderbilt | 2010 | University of Chicago Press | Page: 235

About Survival City Adventures Among the Ruins of Atomic America :

On the road to Survival City, Tom Vanderbilt maps the visible and invisible legacies of the cold war, exhuming the blueprints for the apocalypse we once envisioned and chronicling a time when we all lived at ground zero. In this road trip among ruined missile silos, atomic storage bunkers, and secret test sites, a lost battleground emerges amid the architecture of the 1950s, accompanied by Walter Cotten's stunning photographs. Survival City looks deep into the national soul, unearthing the dreams and fears that drove us during the latter half of the twentieth century.

"A crucial and dazzling book, masterful, and for me at least, intoxicating."-Dave Eggers

"A genuinely engaging book, perhaps because [Vanderbilt] is skillful at conveying his own sense of engagement to the reader."-Los Angeles Times

"A retracing of Dr. Strangelove as ordinary life."-Greil Marcus, Bookforum

Like Reply
[Image: fVrOwJOp_t.jpg]
The Birth of Tragedy and Other Writings (Clearscan)
pdf | 3.26 MB | English | Intelligent Education | 2020 | Influence Publishers | Page: 202

About The Birth of Tragedy and Other Writings (Clearscan) :

A comprehensive study guide offering in-depth explanation, essay, and test prep for selected works by Friedrich Nietzsche, one of the most influential of all modern thinkers. Titles in this study guide include Birth of Tragedy, Genealogy of Morals, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and Beyond Good and Evil.

As a prominent influencer of modern intellectual history, Nietzsche's writings on human nature, morality, and individuality have wielded an enormous impact on Western philosophy. His attempts to expose the motives that underlie traditional Western religion, morality, and philosophy can be seen through his continual use of value as a theme in his work. This Bright Notes Study Guide explores the context and history of Nietzsche's classic work, helping students to thoroughly explore the reasons they have stood the literary test of time. Each Bright Notes Study Guide contains:

- Introductions to the Author and the Work
- Character Summaries
- Plot Guides
- Section and Chapter Overvie
- Test Essay and Study Q&As

The Bright Notes Study Guide series offers an in-depth tour of more than 275 classic works of literature, exploring characters, critical commentary, historical background, plots, and themes. This set of study guides encourages readers to dig deeper in their understanding by including essay questions and answers as well as topics for further research.

Like Reply
[Image: 2io881x8_t.jpg]
The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Homes through World History, 3 Volume Set
pdf | 14.84 MB | English |978-0313337888 | James M. Steele | 2009 | Greenwood; First Edition edition | Page: 842

About The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Homes through World History, 3 Volume Set :

The house, throughout history, in every place in the world, has been built to provide shelter from the elements. The dwellings that have resulted are as different as the people that have built them, the social norms that prevailed at the time and place in which they were built and the natural environment that they adapted to. Studying them now in a comprehensive way allo us to understand the social, political, economic and religious conditions that existed for their inhabitants. They are a three-dimensional record of culture. Twenty-four pages of color images, along with black and white images through three volumes, illustrate the homes of people throughout the world. The volumes cover ancient times to the late Middle Ages, the Renaissance to the Industrial Revolution, and the Post-Industrial Revolution to the Present.

Like Reply
[Image: il8dyzfP_t.jpg]
The Mammoth Book of Gangs
epub | 543.9 KB | English |9781780330891 | James Morton | 2012 | Constable Robinson | Page: 513

About The Mammoth Book of Gangs :

A fresh, new look at gangs in every part of the world which deliberately avoids the stories that have been done to death - about Capone, Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde - and focuses on less well-known gangs such as 'Ma' Barker's Boys; the Smaldones of Denver; Scotland Yard's 1960s' Flying Squad, the so-called Firm within a Firm; Dr Death, the Melbourne drug dealer and Andre Stander, the former South African security officer officer who led a gang of bank robbers before being shot dead in Fort Lauderdale having fled a 17-year sentence.

Like Reply
[Image: wBvmOMXf_t.jpg]
The Book of Koli by M R Carey
epub | 2.22 MB | English | M. R. Carey | 2020 | Orbit | Page: 417

About The Book of Koli by M R Carey :

'This is a BEAUTIFUL book. Gripping, engaging, and absolutely worth the time it takes to burrow yourself into its reality. I can't recommend it highly enough' Seanan McGuire
The Book of Koli begins a breathtakingly original new trilogy set in a strange and deadly world of our own making.
Beyond the walls of the small village of Mythen Rood lies an unrecognisable landscape. A place where overgrown forests are filled with choker trees and deadly seeds that will kill you where you stand. And if they don't get you, the Shunned men will.
Koli has lived in Mythen Rood his entire life. He believes the first rule of survival is that you don't venture too far beyond the walls.
He's wrong.
'A captivating start to what promises to be an epic post-apocalyptic fable . . . Narrator Koli's inquisitive mind and kind heart make him the perfect guide to Carey's immersive, impeccably rendered world' Kirkus
'Carey writes with compassion and fire - strange and surprising and humane' Lauren Beukes
'Koli embarks on a journey as perilous as it is enlightening . . . Enthralling' Guardian
'An ingenious, dizzily provocative novel . . . Carey invents a fantastic far-future world, finding humanity in unlikely places' Helen Marshall, World Fantasy Award-winning author
'A thought-provoking and deeply engaging story' C. A. Fletcher, author of A Boy and his Dog At The End of the World
Look out for the next novels in the trilogy: THE TRIALS OF KOLI and THE FALL OF KOLI

Like Reply
[Image: 76ymAGhZ_t.jpg]
How Many Miles to Babylon by Jennifer Johnston
epub | 1.03 MB | English |978-1-4976-4637-7 | Jennifer Johnston | 2014 | Open Road Media | Page: 164

About How Many Miles to Babylon by Jennifer Johnston :

From a Whitbread Award-winning author: A WWI novel of loyalty and friendship "graced with the immanent lyrical talent of the Irish writers at their best" (Kirkus Revie, starred review).

Born to an aristocratic family on an estate outside of Dublin, Alexander Moore feels the constraints of his position most acutely in his friendship with Jerry Crowe, a Catholic laborer in town. Jerry is one of the few bright spots in Alec's otherwise troubled life. The boys bond over their love of swimming and horses, despite the admonitions of Alec's cold and overbearing mother, who scolds her son for venturing outside of his class. When the Great War begins, he seizes the opportunity to escape his overbearing mother and taciturn father, and enlists in the British army. Jerry, too, enlists-not out of loyalty to Britain, but to prepare himself for the Republican cause. Stationed in Flanders, the young men are reunited and find that, while...

Like Reply
[Image: Lo6DiM0O_t.jpg]
The Sanction
epub | 1.1 MB | English | Sennen, Mark | 2020 | Berkley | Page: 384

About The Sanction :

A bullet in the right place can change the world . . . .
Rebecca da Silva, former crack sniper in the British Special Forces stationed in Afghanistan, is languishing in a dead-end job.
Stephen Holm, an intelligence analyst, gambles his position upon the capture of the ruthless Taher, a terrorist so elusive that MI5 are not convinced he exists.
But then a deadly terror attack in Tunisia changes everything, setting them on two interconnected paths, one born of revenge, the other of obsession.
How do you stop a terrorist you can't find?
Their discoveries, and fight for survival, will go to the very heart of power . . . .
To the White House.
An addictive thriller by the bestselling author of the DI Charlotte Savage series, perfect for fans of James Deegan, Mark Greaney and James Swallow.

Like Reply
[Image: ib0hAv7j_t.jpg]
Little Secrets
epub | 4.6 MB | English | Jennifer Hillier | 2020 | St. Martin's Publishing Group | Page: 338

About Little Secrets :

"Unflinching and unforgettable. Little Secrets has everything you want in a thriller" -Riley Sager, New York Times bestselling author of Lock Every Door

Overwhelmed by tragedy, a woman desperately tries to save her marriage in award-winning author Jennifer Hillier's Little Secrets, a riveting novel of psychological suspense.
All it takes to unravel a life is one little secret...
Marin had the perfect life. Married to her college sweetheart, she owns a chain of upscale hair salons, and Derek runs his own company. They're admired in their community and are a loving family-until their world falls apart the day their son Sebastian is taken.
A year later, Marin is a shadow of herself. The FBI search has gone cold. The publicity has faded. She and her husband rarely speak. She hires a P.I. to pick up where the security officer left off, but instead of finding Sebastian, she learns that Derek is having an...

Like Reply
[Image: p9BUvHmi_t.jpg]
Murder on Charles Street
epub | 272.02 KB | English | Leighann Dobbs, Harmony Williams | 2020 | Page: 217

About Murder on Charles Street :

Lady Katherine's happiness at her newfound independence is shattered by the death of her elderly neighbor, Doctor Gammon. The doctor had become a trusted friend and had confided in Katherine that something about a former patient's case had been bothering him. 

Was it any coincidence he'd ended up dead the very next day? 

Katherine doesn't think so, especially when she discovers the case files he'd been scrutinizing the night before his death seem to have disappeared. 

But with her maid Harriett focusing on the vile concoctions she makes for supper, her detecting partner Pru too wrapped up in her fiancee and upcoming wedding plans and her Bow Street runner friend Lyle embroiled in the official investigation, Lady Katherine has only one friend who seems interested in investigating - Captain Wayland.

Her father would have a fit if he knew Katherine was conferring on a case with the handsome Captain, but Lady Katherine will stop at nothing to bring her friend's killer to justice.

When the case takes a disturbing turn, even Wayland can't help, and Lady Katherine has only her wits - and her pug Emma - to relay on in order to prevent becoming the next victim.

Like Reply
[Image: gbUPZ4zz_t.jpg]
Bird Summons
epub | 780.05 KB | English | Leila Aboulela | 2019 | Grove Atlantic | Page: 304

About Bird Summons :

In her adventurous new novel, New York Times Notable author Leila Aboulela delivers a lively portrait of three women who embark on a journey of self-discovery while grappling with the conflicting demands of family, duty, and faith.
When Salma, Moni, and Iman-friends and active members of their local '. Women's group-decide to take a road trip together to the Scottish Highlands, they leave behind lives often dominated by obligation, frustrated desire, and dull predictability. Each wants something more out of life, but fears the cost of taking it. Salma is successful and happily married, but tempted to risk it all when she's contacted by her first love back in Egypt; Moni gave up a career in banking to care for her disabled son without the help of her indifferent husband; and Iman, in her twenties and already on her third marriage, longs for the freedom and autonomy she's never known. When the women are visited by the Hoopoe, a sacred bird from '. and...

Like Reply
[Image: XvkiElpb_t.jpg]
Ghosts
epub | 347.29 KB | English | Barry Solway | 2016 | Spiral Path Arts, LLC | Page: 256

About Ghosts :

From Raina Telgemeier, the #1 New York Times bestselling, multiple Eisner Award-winning author of Smile, Drama, and Sisters!

Catrina and her family are moving to the coast of Northern California because her little sister, Maya, is sick. Cat isn't happy about leaving her friends for Bahía de la Luna, but Maya has cystic fibrosis and will benefit from the cool, salty air that blo in from the sea. As the girls explore their new home, a neighbor lets them in on a secret: There are ghosts in Bahía de la Luna. Maya is determined to meet one, but Cat wants nothing to do with them. As the time of year when ghosts reunite with their loved ones approaches, Cat must figure out how to put aside her fears for her sister's sake - and her own.

Raina Telgemeier has masterfully created a moving and insightful story about the power of family and friendship, and how it gives us the courage to do what we never thought possible.

Like Reply