Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: bzCbeVYE_t.jpg]
The F A S T Diet (Families Always Succeed Together)
epub | 1.47 MB | English | 9780307396334 | Tony Dean | Crown Archetype

Description: Every member of the Dean family was overweight and out of shape. Within twelve months, Tony Dean, his parents, and his five brothers and sisters had lost more than 500 pounds. And they did it without pills, special foods, counting points, or buying any special equipment. They had all tried to lose weight before, but despite the occasional small success, the weight loss was always temporary. So how did this ordinary family manage to overcome a lifetime of weight problems to achieve such remarkable results?

They did it together following the F.A.S.T. (Families Always Succeed Together) diet, a program Tony created that encouraged everyone to eat better, exercise more, and hold themselves accountable for maintaining their individual health while encouraging others in the family to stick to their own diet and exercise regimen. And it worked. The Deans are in the best shape of their lives, slimmer and healthier than ever before-and they plan to stay that way.

In The F.A.S.T. Diet, Tony Dean sho you how to create your own team-of friends, coworkers, or anyone interested in losing weight-and harness the power of teamwork and accountability to help you succeed. The F.A.S.T. Diet will show you how to:

• Eat the foods you want and still lose weight
• Host weekly weigh-ins to maximize your loss potential
• Motivate yourself to go to the gym even when you don't want to
• Use the support of your team to get you through the tough days

In just one year, the Deans transformed their health and their future. In The F.A.S.T. Diet, Tony shares everything they learned and everything you will need to transform your life, once and for all!

We did it. You can, too!

"This works! I am a forty-six-year-old wife and mother of two who has tried every diet out there. By teaching me how to get healthy and lose the weight that has plagued me for twenty years, this program has changed my life for the rest of my life."-Jill Nielsen, Omaha, Nebraska

"The F.A.S.T. program has been the easiest diet I've ever followed. With three jobs, a family, and very little time to commit to exercise, I've lost 30 pounds to date and am still losing. I feel so much better, and people are noticing. And my cholesterol has dropped. Most important to me is that this program has made cravings a thing of the past. I love it!"-Marlene Zotti, Papillion, Nebraska

"As a family physician, I know the number one problem with weight loss is not lack of knowledge of how to lose weight-it is a lack of accountability and/or a support system. I believe that good accountability, like that used in the F.A.S.T. diet, helps override all the excuses that derail good diets. The F.A.S.T. Diet hits not only the important points of 'healthy' eating and exercising but gives people the tools to be successful. I will definitely use this to educate patients who want to lose weight."-Matthew S. Bott, MD

"After losing more than 60 pounds and five dress sizes in five months, I am healthier than I have been in years. I feel better and have more energy! The F.A.S.T. Diet will be an inspiration for anyone struggling to lose weight and get healthy. It's a simple approach to lifestyle changes you can live with." -Elaine Pritchard, RN

"I have tried numerous other diet plans and failed. What I like most about the F.A.S.T. plan is that I control what I eat, so it does not feel like a diet. I have learned to change my eating habits and I am still cashing in on the results." -Tracy Mills, Farmington, Minnesota

"It has taken me fifteen years to lose this weight-fourteen and a half years of trying every other weight-loss program under the sun and then the last six months using the F.A.S.T. diet. This program has changed my life." -Lori Prochaska, Ralston, Nebraska

"I began this program as an amputee with high blood pressure and 100 pounds to lose. I was very depressed and had little confidence in my ability to shed weight. Tony promised me that if I stayed dedicated and made good choices, I would succeed. Now, here I am with nearly half the weight already gone, and my life is just incredible. For the first time in twelve years, I am able to ride a bike, play ball, and do a million other physical activities with my kids!" -Monica Sycuro, Papillion, Nebraska

Review
"This works! I am a forty-six-year-old wife and mother of two who has tried every diet out there. By teaching me how to get healthy and lose the weight that has plagued me for twenty years, this program has changed my life for the rest of my life."-Jill Nielsen, Omaha, Nebraska

"The F.A.S.T. program has been the easiest diet I've ever followed. With three jobs, a family, and very little time to commit to exercise, I've lost 30 pounds to date and am still losing. I feel so much better, and people are noticing. And my cholesterol has dropped. Most important to me is that this program has made cravings a thing of the past. I love it!"-Marlene Zotti, Papillion, Nebraska

"As a family physician, I know the number one problem with weight loss is not lack of knowledge of how to lose weight-it is a lack of accountability and/or a support system. I believe that good accountability, like that used in the F.A.S.T. diet, helps override all the excuses that derail good diets. The F.A.S.T. Diet hits not only the important points of 'healthy' eating and exercising but gives people the tools to be successful. I will definitely use this to educate patients who want to lose weight."-Matthew S. Bott, MD

"After losing more than 60 pounds and five dress sizes in five months, I am healthier than I have been in years. I feel better and have more energy! The F.A.S.T. Diet will be an inspiration for anyone struggling to lose weight and get healthy. It's a simple approach to lifestyle changes you can live with." -Elaine Pritchard, RN

"I have tried numerous other diet plans and failed. What I like most about the F.A.S.T. plan is that I control what I eat, so it does not feel like a diet. I have learned to change my eating habits and I am still cashing in on the results." -Tracy Mills, Farmington, Minnesota

"It...

About the Author
TONY DEAN and his family live in Omaha, Nebraska. After the Dean family of eight had lost 500 pounds, they decided to make an impact on their community and helped a group from their home city lose 3,500 pounds. Now the Dean family is taking this crusade from city to city, helping people lose weight using the F.A.S.T diet. Visit the Dean's website, .thefastdiet.net, to find out how you can get involved-and become the next F.A.S.T. diet success story!

Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: C1OluahV_t.jpg]
The Great American Chocolate Chip Cookie Book Scrumptious Recipes & Fabled History
epub | 24.84 MB | English | Carolyn Wyman | 2014 | Countryman Press

Description: Full of fun facts, myths, secrets, and cookie recipes apt to make you as famous as Amos among your family and friends, The Great American Chocolate Chip Cookie Book makes for great reading and great baking.The advent and swift rise of the chocolate chip cookie offers some of the best stories in American myth-making and king-making. It might feel like this favorite treat is part of our national heritage, perhaps dating back to the founding fathers, but not until 1930 was the first batch impulsively baked in the kitchen of a Massachusetts inn. How quickly it became our nation's favorite is what makes the chocolate chip cookie more relentlessly American than even apple pie. Easily commodified and mass-produced, it birthed new business moguls overnight, ultimately accounting for more than half of all homemade cookies, with sales of 6 billion packaged cookies annually in the U.S.-it's the stuff of legend. Revisit the Toll House Inn kitchen of Ruth Wakefield, who one fateful...

Like Reply
[Image: 4wDmdn8M_t.jpg]
The Vermont Farm Table Cookbook 150 Home Grown Recipes from the Green Mountain State
epub | 27.62 MB | English | Tracey Medeiros | 2013 | Countryman Press

Description: For farm-to-table cooking and dining like you've never seen it, Vermont is the place.Small, independent farms are the lifeblood of Vermont's agriculture, from the sweetcorn grower to the dairy goat farmer to the cheesemaker whose locally sourced goat milk chevre becomes the heart of a new dish by a chef in Montpelier. While this farm-to-table cycle may be a phenomenon just hitting its stride in the United States, it has long been away of life in Vermont, part of the ethos that Vermonters use to define themselves. As such, Vermont exemplifies a standard of small-scale, community-minded, unadulterated agriculture that has become a national model.When Tracey Medeiros wrote Dishing Up Vermont in 2008, she wanted to showcase the chefs and restaurateurs who were dazzling taste buds with their fresh, whole-food creations. With The Vermont Farm Table Cookbook, Medeiros has traversed the Green Mountain State once again, in search of not only those celebrated chefs but the...

Like Reply
[Image: OswjSquV_t.jpg]
The naval battles for Guadalcanal 1942 Clash for supremacy in the Pacific
epub | 24.21 MB | English | Mark Stille | Osprey Publishing

Description: The battle for Guadalcanal that lasted from August 1942 to February 1943 was the first major American counteroffensive against the Japanese in the Pacific, it also marks the high point of Japanese expansion and can justly be claimed as one of the major turning points of the Pacific War. While the troops of the US Marine Corps and later the US Army battled the Japanese occupiers on the densely jungled island of Guadalcanal, the US and Japanese naval forces fought a series of tightly contested battles in the waters nearby. The first of these, the battle of Savo Island on the night of 9 August 1942, saw the Japanese inflict a sever defeat on the Allied force, driving them away from Guadalcanal and leaving the just-landed marines in a perilously exposed position. This was the start of a series of night battles that culminated in the First and Second battles of Guadalcanal, fought on the nights of 13 and 15 November, that were narrowly won by US Naval forces and prevented the...

Like Reply
[Image: lrUhuE6O_t.jpg]
Tile Makes the Room Good Design from Heath Ceramics
epub | 150.51 MB | English | Robin Petravic | 2015 | Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony

Description: From Heath Ceramics, the beloved California designer, maker, and seller of home goods, comes a captivating and unprecedented look at tile. At its core, Tile Makes the Room is about exceptional spaces and places--the kind you want to step into and examine each and every detail of--where tile is the main ingredient, though not the only star. From the dwellings of notable designers to everyday homeowners, grand installations and subtle designs all showcase tile's role in the form and function of architecture and interiors. With inspiration on every page, a look at tile making from a sixty-year-old design-led manufacturer, a unique perspective on color, pattern, and texture, plus public installations around the world to visit and enjoy, Tile Makes the Room is essential reading on tile and interiors.

From the Hardcover edition.

Like Reply
[Image: cqVEyfOD_t.jpg]
Vintage Couture Tailoring
epub | 42.58 MB | English | Thomas von Nordheim | 2012 | Crowood

Description: Traditional tailoring is a fascinating craft, which has not changed for many centuries, however, the techniques are now known only by a few practising in the best couture ateliers and bespoke tailor's workrooms. Nothing feels quite so luxurious or sophisticated as bespoke clothes, but the tailoring skills they require are often seen to be shrouded in mystery and the clothes therefore only accessible to the rich and famous. This practical book reveals the trade secrets of couture tailoring and brings vintage couture tailoring within the reach of all. With step-by-step photographs and professional tips throughout, it sho how a ladies' jacket is made and thereby introduces a range of fundamental tailoring techniques. These can be used for garments for either gender, as well as other sewing projects: moulding fabric to shape with the iron; employing loose interfacings; hollow shoulder construction; pad stitching canvas; interlining and weighting hems;making tailored and bound...

Like Reply
[Image: hkq9PkSo_t.jpg]
What Makes You So Busy Finding Peace in the Modern World
epub | 6.71 MB | English | Khenpo Sodargye | 2019 | Wisdom Publications

Description: A Tibetan Buddhist lama gives advice on the issues facing people in the modern world.
In this book, Khenpo Sodargye, a world-famous Tibetan Buddhist lama and scholar, offers guidance on an issue that troubles so many of us in the modern world:

What is true happiness, and how do we achieve it?

Bombarded with information, endlessly pursuing possessions-we look for happiness in all the wrong places. Khenpo Sodargye, one of the busiest Buddhist teachers in the world, sho us how to redirect our attention away from such distractions and instead calm our minds and find true contentment. His wide-ranging advice covers careers and conventional notions of material success, romantic relationships, and the environment. Erudite and compassionate, he points the reader to inspiration from sutras, Zen masters, Confucius, and the daily ne, offering warm, heartfelt encouragement for these troubled times.

Like Reply
[Image: cU2Gxgtd_t.png]
Working with Static Sites Bringing the Power of Simplicity to Modern Sites
epub | 27.69 MB | English | Raymond Camden | O'Reilly Media

Description: Just like vinyl LPs, static sites are making a comeback, evidenced by the wide array of static-site generators now available. This practical book sho you hands-on how to build these simple sites for blogs and other use cases, and how to make them more powerful. In the process, you'll work with some of today's more mature and popular static-site generators.
Authors Raymond Camden and Brian Rinaldi explain the advantages of using static-site generators for building fast and secure sites. Web and frontend designers and developers will also explore methods for adding dynamic elements and for migrating an existing CMS to a static site.
Build a basic four-page static site with the Harp generatorCreate a simple blog with JekyllDevelop a documentation site with Hugo by generating site files and creating the layoutAdd dynamic elements, such as forms, comments, and searchIntegrate a CMS with tools such as CloudCannon and Netlify...

Like Reply
[Image: snfP4vjB_t.jpg]
Ham and Shortwave Radio for the Electronics Hobbyist
epub | 12.8 MB | English | Stan Gibilisco | McGraw-Hill Education

Description: Get up and running as a ham radio operator-or just listen in on the shortwave bands! Ham and Shortwave Radio for the Electronics Hobbyist sho you, step by step, how to set up and operate your own ham radio station. It's also perfect for those interested in shortwave listening, without getting a ham radio license. This practical guide covers communications modes, assigned frequency ranges in the United States, details on fixed, mobile, and portable ham stations, antennas, and much more. Ham radio will work even when the Internet and other utilities fail. So get on the air and keep the lines of communication open in any situation!
Inside, you'll find out all about:
Radio waves and how they travelShortwave and allwave listeningCommunications modes for ham radio operators, including using the Internet as a supplementHam radio licenses and assigned frequency ranges (bands) used in the United StatesWave-propagation...

Like Reply
[Image: 1bK3YfjN_t.jpg]
Homesteading From Scratch Building Your Self Sufficient Homestead, Start to Finish
epub | 21.29 MB | English | Steven Jones | Skyhorse Publishing

Description: Homesteading From Scratch is for people who want to do things differently. The type of people who want to eat real food, grow herbs, make cheese, raise baby animals, hunt mushrooms, pick blackberries, unschool their children, can jelly, ferment kraut, farm organically, connect to nature, live intentionally, and more.
Guiding readers from desire to full-blown off-the-grid living-and everything in between-this book covers farming, animal husbandry, food preparation, homeschooling, fiber arts, and even marketing. It provides inspiration from other homesteaders, with operations from small to large, who have made a go of it, outlining their successes and failures throughout the process. It helps to democratize the homesteading movement, by providing “ins" for nearly every level of dedication, from the container gardener to full-time farmers. It provides the knowledge necessary to discover homesteading as a movement and as a lifestyle.
Inspired by...

Like Reply
[Image: h3BE0nSc_t.jpg]
In the Mood for Healthy Food
epub | 93.65 MB | English | Jo Pratt | 2015 | Watkins Media

Description: Full of mouth-watering yet simple dishes, Jo Pratt has created a stunning collection of nutritious recipes for anyone looking to eat well. Start the day with Ginger Berry Muffins or Raspberry Yogurt Pots, enjoy a light meal of Poached Chicken Broth with Spring Greens or a more substantial Beetroot Gnocchi with Walnut & Watercress Pesto then treat yourself to a guilt-free Dairy-Free Vanilla & Blueberry Cheesecake or Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies. Brilliant ingredients are given centre stage in this book, with features on nuts, sprouting beans & seeds, quinoa, kale and chia seeds, exploring why they are so good, where to find them, and how to use them. With fresh, inspiring photography and design, this is the perfect companion for the everyday cook who wants to eat and live deliciously well.

From the Hardcover edition.

Like Reply
[Image: 0ZmJEtqc_t.jpg]
Inch'on 1950 The last great amphibious assault
epub | 37.81 MB | English | Gordon Rottman | Osprey Publishing

Description: Osprey's study of Inch'on, which was probably the most significant campaign in the Korean War (1950-1953), as well as the last major amphibious assault of division-size conducted in the history of warfare. The odds were stacked against the US troops, with virtually no time for training and many of the divisions unprepared for the conflict. The success of the Inch'on campaign is a testament to the sheer initiative of the officers and NCOs conducted it. This book details the strategy and tactics that led to the operation's success, as well as narrating the experience of the battle in fascinating detail.

Like Reply
[Image: dW1qWf7T_t.jpg]
Insight Guides Silk Road
epub | 34.11 MB | English | Guides, Insight | APA

Description: Insight Guide The Silk Road is the complete illustrated guide to one of the world's ultimate travel adventures. Passing right through the heart of Asia, this ancient trade route traverses a quarter of the globe from the heart of China to the Mediterranean via a vast, inhospitable expanse of mountains and desert. The guide covers all the sights along the way across 13 countries and 6 time zones, with authoritative chapters on the Silk Road's history and culture to put it all into context. Inside Insight Guide The Silk Road:A fully-overhauled major new edition by our expert Silk Road author.Stunning, specially-commissioned photography that brings the countries along this evocative route to life. Highlights of the Silk Road's top attractions, including the great city of Isfahan, the ancient splendor of Persepolis and China's Terracotta Army in our Best of the Silk Road.Descriptive country-by-country accounts cover the whole route from China to Turkey by way of the 'Stans of Central Asia and the geopolitical nerve centres of the Middle East.Features detail silk production, the ancient treasures that have been discovered along the route, and the colourful bazaars - a reminder of the Silk Road caravanserais of the distant past.Detailed, high-quality maps throughout will help you get around and travel tips give you all the essential information for planning the trip of a lifetime.About Insight Guides: Insight Guides has over 40 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as picture-packed eBooks to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture together create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.'Insight Guides has spawned many imitators but is still the best of its type.' - Wanderlust Magazine

Like Reply
[Image: 8wK3X42y_t.jpg]
Inventing Wine A New History of One of the World's Most Ancient Pleasures
epub | 14.03 MB | English | Paul Lukacs | 2012 | W. W. Norton & Company

Description: "Meticulously researched history . . . look[s] at how wine and Western civilization grew up together."-Dave McIntyre, Washington PostBecause science and technology have opened new avenues for vintners, our taste in wine has grown ever more diverse. Wine is now the subject of careful chemistry and global demand. Paul Lukacs recounts the journey of wine through history-how wine acquired its social cachet, how vintners discovered the twin importance of place and gbang, and how a basic need evolved into a realm of choice.

Like Reply
[Image: qSWLzPN4_t.jpg]
Making Your Own Cheese How to Make All Kinds of Cheeses in Your Own Home
epub | 749.79 KB | English | 9781848034457 | Paul Peacock | 2010 | Constable & Robinson

Description: Not everyone can keep a cow, but everyone can make cheese. This book sho you the very basic equipment needed to make your own cheese: the ingredients, including different milks, herbs and flavours; how to make a simple cheese; and how to produce some of the worlds speciality cheeses such as Roquefort, Brie and Edam. You will find recipes for making many cheeses at home. Whether you are making a cheese cake, a ricotta-based pudding or a stonking salty blue, this book is a cheese lover s guide to making their own favourite food and there are some recipes for the biscuits to go with it, too.

Like Reply
[Image: tOUwUVyW_t.gif]
Microbrewing Science, Second Edition
epub | 2.37 MB | English | Christopher Brown | Cognella, Inc.

Description: Dr. Christopher L. Brown's Microbrewing Science (2nd Edition) takes the seemingly daunting task of home-brewing and provides a step-by-step, process-oriented approach with an attention to detail that will have readers learning how to make their own beer. The culture of healthy yeast populations is essential for good brewing, and aquaculture methods and monitoring approaches are explained for those wishing to brew excellent beer. By emphasizing a focused range of beer types, Brown instructs readers on how to maximize the quality of their home-brewing efforts and achieve reproducible results.The costs associated with microbrewing can add up and whether readers seek to invest heavily in equipment or pursue a more modest approach, Brown's Microbrewing Science (2nd Edition) lays out methods for all price ranges. Brown explains how to use advanced, specialized brewing equipment for advanced brewers as well as how to use common household items to streamline the brewing process for...

Like Reply
[Image: zthPGM3Q_t.jpg]
Pearl Harbor 1941 The Day of Infamy
epub | 46.54 MB | English | Carl Smith | Osprey Publishing

Description: December 7, 1941 was one of the single most decisive days of World War II (1939-1945) - the day that brought the USA into the fight. Six Japanese aircraft carriers disgorged their full complements in two waves on the superior US Pacific Fleet as it lay slumbering in Pearl Harbor. Depending on opposing viewpoints, the attack was either a brilliant maneuver of audacious strategy, or a piece of unparalleled villainy and deception by a supposedly friendly power. This revised edition, containing the latest research on the events of December 7, 1941, reveals several previously unknown aspects of the attack and dispels key myths that have been built up around the fateful day - a day, as Franklin Delano Roosevelt declared, that would "live in infamy".

Like Reply
[Image: dVlSgfnk_t.jpg]
Point Pleasant 1774 Prelude to the American Revolution
epub | 33.1 MB | English | John F. Winkler | Osprey Publishing

Description: The only major conflict of Lord Dunmore's War, the battle of Point Pleasant was fought between Virginian militia and American Indians from the Shawnee and Mingo tribes. Following increased tensions and a series of incidents between the American settlers and the natives, Dunmore, the last colonial governor of Virginia, and Colonel Andrew Lewis led two armies against the tribes. On October 10, 1774 Lewis and his men resisted a fierce attack, led by Shawnee chief Keigh-tugh-qua, or Cornstalk, at Point Pleasant, near the mouth of the Kanawha river. Despite significant losses on both sides, Lewis succeeded in forcing the Shawnee to retreat back to their settlements in the Scioto Valley. In the aftermath of the battle the Treaty of Camp Charlotte was signed in attempt to secure peace in the region and ultimately opened up Kentucky for American settlement. Illustrated with photographs, detailed maps and bird's-eye-vie, this title brings to life one of the most...

Like Reply
[Image: M20tCt5W_t.jpg]
Salerno 1943 The Allies invade southern Italy
epub | 47.35 MB | English | Angus Konstam | Osprey Publishing

Description: In mid-September 1943, as the opening move of the Allied campaign to liberate the mainland of Italy, an Anglo-American invasion force landed on the beaches of the Gulf of Salerno, only a few dozen miles to the south of Naples. Italy had just surrendered, and the soldiers in the landing craft prayed that the invasion would be unopposed. It was not to be. The Germans had seized control of the Italian-built beach defences, and were ready and waiting. What followed was one of the bloodiest battles of the whole Mediterranean campaign - a ten day contest where victory hung in the balance.
Over 80,000 British and American soldiers waded ashore at Salerno, and after bitter fighting they managed to establish a narrow and vulnerable bridgehead. The British enclave near Salerno was separated from the American sector around Paestum by a river, and German-held strongpoints. All attempts to link up the two parts of the bridgehead were thwarted by the German defenders, who were being...

Like Reply
[Image: yDb8Dlcp_t.jpg]
Art Sex Music by Cosey Fanni Tutti
epub | 3.2 MB | English | Cosey Fanni Tutti | 2017 | Faber & Faber

Description: Art Sex Music is the autobiography of a musician who, as a founding member of the avant-garde group Throbbing Gristle and electronic pioneers Chris & Cosey, has consistently challenged the boundaries of music over the past four decades.
It is the account of an artist who, as part of COUM Transmissions, represented Britain at the IXth Biennale de Paris, whose Prostitution show at the ICA in 1976 caused the Conservative MP Nicholas Fairbairn to declare her, COUM and Throbbing Gristle 'Wreckers of Civilisation' . . . shortly before he was arrested for indecent exposure, and whose work continues to be held at the vanguard of contemporary art.
And it is the story of her work as a pornographic model and striptease artiste which challenged assumptions about morality, erotica and art.
Art Sex Music is the wise, shocking and elegant autobiography of Cosey Fanni Tutti.

Like Reply