Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: TKSSuHZJ_t.jpg]
Delphi Chronicle 01 The Manuscript Russell Blake
epub | 260.76 KB | English | Russell Blake | Reprobatio Ltd

Description: The Delphi Chronicle is a serial trilogy - a story that unfolds over three installments, with each continuing in the next episode, usually with a cliffhanger ending, on all but the last installment. This first book, The Manuscript, chronicles the saga of NY private eye Michael Derrigan, as he unwittingly comes into possession of a manuscript that will change the world order if its secrets are aired. Clandestine factions of the U.S. government will do anything to keep the story buried, & a trail of butchery follo Derrigan as he races for his life in a chase that spans from New York, to Mexico, to Havana. An epic roller-coaster ride of a thriller, The Delphi Chronicle's unflinching & often disturbing twists & turns question the nature of reality & of the integrity of our governments in a post-modern world of lies, deceit and betrayal.

+++
Q & A with bestselling author Russell Blake.

Q: The Delphi Chronicle posits a troubling & plausible conspiracy. Where did you get the idea?

Russell Blake: The idea stemmed from the title. I was originally going to call it The Pegasus File, & I'd conceptualized a cool cover, so I googled it to confirm there weren't any other books with that name. The original conspiracy was much tamer than what I wound up with after that search. I had the idea of a literary agent getting a manuscript detailing a shocking scheme, but I hadn't defined what it was, exactly. From that search came this conspiracy, & I have to admit I considered toning it down, because it scared even me. So readers? This is fiction, OK? And U.S. government? No need to send a wet team after me. We all understand it's fictional. As in, an invention, not real. That's my official position. Readers can decide how plausible the invention is for themselves. Some will hate it, as it portrays the U.S. government in a negative light.

Q: Why write it as a trilogy?

RB: It would have been a long single volume if I'd tried to squeeze it all into one book. Given the success I saw with the Zero Sum trilogy, I wanted to do another one, & this was just naturally written in three volumes, although I think most will get the first one, & then buy the specially-priced bundle of Books 2 & 3 if they're interested in following the story to its thrilling conclusion (wink wink).

Q: How do your novels compare to the work of your peers?

RB: I think they're faster paced than most. I try to catapult readers through a series of twists & turns at such aggressive velocity they're left gasping by the end. And I dislike books where I can see the ending coming a third of the way through. Just hate that. I try to write racing, intelligent thrillers that don't pander & aren't formulaic. All have gotten raves, so I'm fooling at least some of the people most of the time...

Q: Part of Delphi unfolds in Mexico. Any particular reason?

RB: I live in Mexico. Have for almost a decade. Modern Mexico is very different than portrayed by the U.S. media. Many parts are indistinguishable from cities in the U.S. Strip malls, high rises, melting-pot racial integration, etc. It's not burros & cactus & sombreros. One of the things I find fascinating is how different it is than my expectations when I moved here, & I try to impart that. I don't see many novels that are set in modern Mexico, & most I've read are caricatures of the truth. Mission bells, white-garbed peasants, mariachis, stereotypes. I try to imbue my fiction with reality, not some Hollywood portrayal of the country based on a snapshot from the 1950s. I think readers will find that distinction interesting, as do I.

Q: You're prolific. What's your secret?

RB: All I do is write. And I have a lot of stories floating in my head. I have been spending a lot of time getting them out onto paper (or more accurately, pixels). I think readers would do well to read Night of the Assassin and King of Swords for a synthesized version of my style. But there will be plenty more to come.

Review
"A sadistically good writer." - The Kindle Book Review*

"Russell Blake writes with a brisk intensity and pulse-pounding power. Jump in and hang on for a nonstop thrill ride." - Scott Nicholson, Liquid Fear

"Blake has never failed to deliver an intelligent, exquisitely paced thriller, packed with unforgettable characters, devious intrigue and immersive detail. He has emerged as the most consistently satisfying writer on the thriller scene."* - Steven Konkoly, bestselling author of Black Flagged, Black Flagged Redux and The Jakarta Pandemic

About the Author
Russell Blake was named one of the most popular indie novelists of 2012 and is the bestselling author of seventeen novels, including the thrillers Fatal Exchange, The Geronimo Breach, Zero Sum, King of Swords, Night of the Assassin, Revenge of the Assassin, Return of the Assassin, The Delphi Chronicle trilogy, The Voynich Cypher, Silver Justice, JET, JET II - Betrayal and JET III - Vengeance. Non-fiction includes the international bestseller An Angel With Fur (animal biography) and How To Sell A Gazillion eBooks In No Time (even if drunk, high or incarcerated), a parody of all things writing-related. Blake lives in Mexico and enjoys his dogs, fishing, boating, tequila and writing, while battling world domination by clowns.

Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: SHsoz9Xb_t.jpg]
Zero Sum 01 03 Kotov Syndrome, Focal Point, Checkmake Russell Blake
epub | 764.05 KB | English | Russell Blake | Reprobatio Ltd

Description:  This is the omnibus version containing the 3 volumes of the trilogy.
Present Day Wall Street. Where intelligence agencies and the financial industry are strange bedfello, and the two worlds are often intertwined in disturbing ways. 
In this chillingly plausible, controversial scenario of a military/industrial/financial complex run amok, Zero Sum pits Dr. Steven Archer Cross against powerful financier Nicholas Griffen in a conflict that raises troubling questions about our markets and our government. 
Racing against the clock in a chase that spans continents, one man's battle to expose the Machiavellian machinations of a ruthless Wall Street marauder forces him into a financial jungle populated by every variety of unscrupulous sociopath - rogue intelligence agencies, Russian mafia oligarchs, drug cartels and terrorist networks. 
As a white-collar game of chess transitions into a lethal real world cage-fight, Steven finds himself in a deadly showdown, where hunters can quickly become the hunted and blood is the ultimate currency. 
Zero Sum is the first novel featuring Dr. Steven Archer Cross 
++++ 
Q & A for Zero Sum 
Question: Where did the idea for Zero Sum come from? 
RB: I thought the inside scoop of how a Wall Street pump and dump works would be a great framework for a thriller. The innate conspiracy begs to be told, and I also wanted to give some background on how the market actually functions. 
Q: Zero Sum offers readers a look behind the curtain on Wall Street's dark side. Do you think there's much of an audience for that? 
RB: With the current financial crisis & the emerging awareness that things are badly broken in the regulatory & law enforcement scheme, I think the novel's timely. Its depiction of Wall Street predators with their pet politicians, regulators & media cronies is spot on. I've found readers are fascinated once they understand it all. 
Q: Zero Sum paints a picture of Wall Street that's at odds with the sanitized image in the media. Have you gotten any flack because of it? 
RB: There's definitely a segment of the financial industry that would prefer nobody reads the book. The parasites that run the schemes described in it are alive & well & doing it every day, relying on the public's ignorance to prosper. There are some annoyed players who want this read about as much as they want a 60 Minutes crew at their office. It's a controversial story, & I'm not making any friends telling it. 
Q: Your characters seem real, especially the Wall Street villain, intelligence operatives & mob goons. Are these based in fact? 
RB: A good fiction author blends truth & fiction to the point where you aren't sure where the story starts & the facts leave off. Let's just say that the characters & scenarios that seem real, are likely that vivid & believable for a reason. 
Q: What authors do you read & which have most influenced you? 
RB: I grew up on Ludlum. Forsyth. Harris, Grisham. Fans of those authors will find my writing's similar - Bourne, Day of the Jackal, The Firm. 
+  Zero Sum features Dr. Steven Archer Cross, from The Voynich Cypher

Like Reply
[Image: qH7xFIJR_t.jpg]
BLACK 01 BLACK Russell Blake
epub | 263.97 KB | English | Russell Blake | CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Description: Artemus Black. Perennially down-on-his-luck Hollywood PI whose Bogie fixation is as dated as his wardrobe. With an assistant who mocks him relentlessly, an obese cat that loathes him, a romantic life that's deader than Elvis, money problems, booze, nicotine, and anger management issues, how much worse can it get? When he takes a case that's supposed to be easy money working for a celebrity whose colleagues and surrounding paparazzi are dropping faster than interest in the star's big comeback, the cakewalk turns ugly and Black finds himself in a web of deceit, betrayal, and murder - and bad hair days. The first in a new series from bestselling author Russell Blake, Black is a detective mystery with a difference that fans of the genre are sure to enjoy.

Like Reply
[Image: xcq0BIh2_t.jpg]
Drake Ramsey 03 The Goddess Legacy Russell Blake
epub | 1.04 MB | Russell Blake | Russell Blake

Description: When Drake Ramsey and company get an invitation they can't refuse to embark on a treasure hunt in India, little do they know that it will be a headlong rush into danger that will take all their wits to survive. The third in the bestselling Ramsey's series is sure to delight fans of Cussler, Brown, and Rollins.

Like Reply
[Image: l3JJ2OKn_t.jpg]
Fargo Adventure 07 The Solomon Curse Clive Cussler, Russell Blake
epub | 1.06 MB | English | Clive Cussler | Penguin Publishing Group

Description: The outstanding new Fargo adventure from the #1 New York Times-bestselling author.

There are many rumors about the bay off Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands. Some say it was the site of the lost empire of the Solomon king and that great treasure lies beneath the waters. Others say terrible things happened here, atrocities and disappearances at the hands of cannibal giants, and those who venture there do not return. It is cursed.
Which is exactly what attracts the attention of husband-and-wife treasure-hunting team Sam and Remi Fargo. How could they resist? Clues and whispers lead them on a hunt from the Solomons to Australia to Japan, and what they find at the end of the trail is both wonderful and monstrous-and like nothing they have ever seen before.

Like Reply
[Image: n4JfwVeh_t.jpg]
Fatal 02 Fatal Deception Russell Blake
epub | 669.27 KB | English | Russell Blake | Reprobatio, Ltd.

Description: New York. A serial killer is releasing snuff films to the media, drawing Detective Ron Stanford into a game of cat and mouse while he grapples with Tess Gideon's return from Europe and the unfinished emotional business between them. As the investigation intensifies, they're drawn into a twisted world of sex parties and forbidden depravity so lurid even a seasoned cop like Stanford is shocked. Gritty and unflinching, the saga's breakneck pace accelerates relentlessly to a climax so surprising it is guaranteed to leave even the most jaded aficionado of crime mysteries gasping.

From the Author
Fatal Deception is the sequel to Fatal Exchange. Both books are crime fiction, and cover the darker side of humanity, in the vein and tradition that authors like Tom Harris so deftly mine. If you favor gritty, realistic stories that explore the controversial and the despicable in human nature, these are for you. If you prefer cozy detective novels, a la Agatha Christie, you'd be advised to look elsewhere. If you're unsure, read the look inside and judge for yourself. Fair warning.

About the Author
Featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Times, and The Chicago Tribune, Russell Blake is The NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty novels, including Fatal Exchange, Fatal Deception, The Geronimo Breach, Zero Sum, King of Swords, Night of the Assassin, Revenge of the Assassin, Return of the Assassin, Blood of the Assassin, Requiem for the Assassin, The Delphi Chronicle trilogy, The Voynich Cypher, Silver Justice, JET, JET - Ops Files, JET - Ops Files: Terror Alert, JET II - Betrayal, JET III - Vengeance, JET IV - Reckoning, JET V - Legacy, JET VI - Justice, JET VII - Sanctuary, JET VIII - Survival, JET IX - Escape, Upon A Pale Horse, BLACK, BLACK Is Back, BLACK Is The New Black, BLACK To Reality, Deadly Calm, Ramsey's Gold,and Emerald Buddha.
Non-fiction includes the international bestseller An Angel With Fur (animal biography) and How To Sell A Gazillion eBooks In No Time (even if drunk, high or incarcerated), a parody of all things writing-related.
Blake is co-author of The Eye of Heaven and The Solomon Curse, with legendary author Clive Cussler. Blake's novels have been translated into German, Spanish, Bulgarian, and Czech.
Blake writes under the moniker R.E. Blake in the NA/YA/Contemporary Romance genres. Novels include Less Than Nothing, More Than Anything, and Best Of Everything.

Having resided in Mexico for a dozen years, Blake enjoys his dogs, fishing, boating, tequila and writing, while battling world domination by clowns. His thoughts, such as they are, can be found at his blog: RussellBlake.com

Like Reply
[Image: nkjZRMoe_t.jpg]
The Voynich Cypher Russell Blake
epub | 382.63 KB | English | Russell Blake | Manana Publishing

Description:
Product Description
When a sacred relic is stolen from its subterranean guarded vault, Dr. Steven Cross, amateur cryptographer, becomes embroiled in a deadly quest to decipher one of history's most enigmatic documents - a 15th century parchment written entirely in unbreakable code; The Voynich Manuscript. Stalked by secret societies, and aided by the daughter of a murdered colleague, a trail of riddles catapults Cross from England to Italy to the Middle East, where a Byzantine web of ancient secrets leads him to a revelation so profound it will change the world order.

Like Reply
[Image: z4a5HKK4_t.jpg]
JET 01 JET Russell Blake
mobi | 537.6 KB | Blake, Russell | 2012 | Reprobatio Ltd

Description: Code name: Jet Twenty-eight-year-old Jet was once the Mossad's most lethal operative before faking her own death and burying that identity forever. But the past doesn't give up on its secrets easily.When her new life on a tranquil island is shattered by a brutal attack, Jet must return to a clandestine existence of savagery and deception to save herself and those she loves. A gritty, unflinching roller-coaster of high-stakes twists and shocking turns, JET features a new breed of protagonist that breaks the mold.Fans of Lizbeth Sanders, SALT, and the Bourne trilogy will find themselves carried along at Lamborghini speed to a conclusion as jarring and surprising as the story's heroine is unconventional.Q & A w/ Russell BlakeQ: How would you describe JET?Russell: The elevator pitch? Kill Bill meets Bourne. The longer version would be that JET follo the saga of a young woman who thought she had left a brutal covert life behind her, but finds herself having to go back into that world when she is attacked by enemies from her past. Q: How does JET differ from your other novels?R: I've never written anything nearly as lightning-paced. It's completely and joyously over the top in the way a Bond film is. I wanted this to read like being in a scarab, slamming through the waves at ninety miles per hour - a rush that just doesn't stop. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and I'd say that fans of my Assassin series will find that this moves even faster, if that's possible. But having said that, what's weird about JET is that even though it's brimming with action, the use of language and artful description was a priority for me, and I think I struck a balance that's unusual and evocative. Whatever it is, it seems to work,Q: JET's character is different than the other female protagonists you've written. What inspired her?R: I got this idea when I was writing Silver Justice for a total kick-ass, take-no-prisoners, over the top female operative - sort of a female Jack Bauer crossed with James Bond, but way more deadly. From that idea came the seeds of an incredible story with more twists and surprises than I've ever tried for. But it also has a different sensibility. If there's such a thing as literary fiction action thrillers, I guess this might be it.Q: Why the Mossad?R: I wanted something that was exotic and had the reputation as highly effective, but wanted to avoid the usual CIA or KGB operative. And she's way too no-nonsense for MI6. That didn't leave a lot of choices. So the Mossad it was. I'd written an ex-Mossad operative once before in The Voynich Cypher & I think I sort of automatically leaned in that direction, and before I knew it the book was written.Q: Your work has been described as cinematic. Why?R: That's how I think. I see each episode or scene in my head, and then I write what I see. I try to provide enough depth so the reader is with me, but not so much that page flipping to get to the next good part is required. But I see each chapter as a scene - it's just how my brain works. I'm a creation of a modern world, raised on images and films, so I think that naturally affects my storytelling. Certainly the JET books are. Mission Impossible comes to mind.Q: Will there be more JET?R: Absolutely. JET II - Betrayal is in the can. JET III - Vengeance, will be released end of Oct/early Nov. I conceptualized the story like the Bourne series in that regard, but each novel is a real book - 80K-90K words, so full length novels with heft. Actually wrote em more like 100K but trimmed out anything that didn't drive the story.Q: You mention Kill Bill and Bourne. How is this similar?R: I loved Tarantino's take because it was so completely overblown in every way. Deliberately so. I wanted JET to read like that film played, but with a story more like Bourne. The idea of a female operative grappling with her past just captivated my imagination. You'll see why. It's one of my faves.Review"A sadistically good writer." - The Kindle Book Review"Russell Blake writes with a brisk intensity and pulse-pounding power. Jump in and hang on for a nonstop thrill ride." - Scott Nicholson, Liquid Fear"Blake at his best!" - Steven Konkoly, Black Flagged Redux, Black Flagged, The Jakarta PandemicAbout the AuthorRussell Blake was named one of the most popular indie novelists of 2012 and is the bestselling author of eighteen novels, including the thrillers Fatal Exchange, The Geronimo Breach, Zero Sum, King of Swords, Night of the Assassin, Revenge of the Assassin, Return of the Assassin, The Delphi Chronicle trilogy, The Voynich Cypher, Silver Justice, JET and JET II - Betrayal. Non-fiction includes the international bestseller An Angel With Fur (animal biography) and How To Sell A Gazillion eBooks In No Time (even if drunk, high or incarcerated), a parody of all things writing-related. Blake lives in Mexico and enjoys his dogs, fishing, boating, tequila and writing, while battling world domination by clowns.

Like Reply
[Image: bSmXBJ5o_t.jpg]
JET 03 Vengeance Russell Blake
mobi | 452.86 KB | 9781484814932 | Russell Blake | 2013 | CreateSpace

Description: Jet III - Vengeance finds Jet settled down, trying to return to a somewhat normal life of stability and safety. But fate has other plans for her when she becomes embroiled in a terrifying terrorism plot involving figures from her past, whose thirst for revenge forces her back into the kill-or-be-killed world she'd hoped to have put behind her forever.

Like Reply
[Image: 3b0qBAPt_t.jpg]
Zero Sum 01 Kotov Syndrome Russell Blake
epub | 452.49 KB | English | Russell Blake | Russell Blake

Description: In this chilling saga of a military/industrial/financial complex run amok, the Zero Sum trilogy pits Dr. Steven Archer against a powerful Wall Street financier in a white collar chess-game that quickly transforms into a cage-fight to the death.

Like Reply
[Image: B1EIyWmy_t.jpg]
JET 04 Reckoning Russell Blake
epub | 316.14 KB | English | 9781301449859 | Russell Blake | CreateSpace

Description: JET IV - Reckoning pits Jet against the deadliest threat yet - an enemy with endless resources who will stop at nothing to destroy her. From the mountains of Indonesia to the streets of Washington, Jet discovers in a breakneck-paced roller-coaster of action that danger lurks in the unlikeliest of places and nothing is as it seems.

Like Reply
[Image: DaCDELPF_t.jpg]
JET 06 Justice Russell Blake
epub | 284.1 KB | English | Blake, Russell | Reprobatio, Ltd.

Description: JET VI - Justice continues the saga of the former Mossad operative as she battles to survive in a world intent on destroying her. From the streets of Argentina to the corridors of power in Moscow, her past continues to haunt her even as she flees it with all her heart.

Like Reply
[Image: De3BPk4K_t.jpg]
JET 07 Sanctuary Russell Blake
epub | 307.32 KB | English | Blake, Russell | Reprobatio Ltd.

Description: JET - Sanctuary picks up where JET Justice left off, with Jet, Matt and Hannah on the run in South America, trying to evade enemies from their past who are determined to exterminate them. From Chile to Rio to Argentina to Moscow, the action never lets up as Jet battles to save her loved ones.

This is the seventh novel in the JET series. The suggested reading order is:

Like Reply
[Image: TnxMRgXC_t.jpg]
JET 10 Incarceration Russell Blake
mobi | 758.05 KB | Russell Blake | 2015 | Reprobatio, Ltd.

Description: Jet's peaceful existence in Kosovo is shattered when unexpected enemies surface to settle old scores and make her pay in blood. Spanning the globe from Russia to Syria to Romania to Washington, nothing is as it seems, and her adversaries will scour the earth to destroy her and the new life she, Matt, and Hannah, have built.Volume 10 in this epic, not to be missed series, will it ever end for JET...

Like Reply
[Image: qPeKIxo7_t.jpg]
JET 13 Renegade Russell Blake
epub | 365.35 KB | Russell Blake | Russell Blake

Description: Jet must risk everything to foil a kidnapping that threatens a diplomat's daughter in the wilds of Africa.

Like Reply
[Image: dinWquRY_t.jpg]
JET 14 Dark Web Russell Blake
epub | 373.38 KB | Russell Blake | Russell Blake

Description: A Russian oligarch who'll stop at nothing.
A ruthless tech wizard with a seedy past.
An existential threat to Jet's family and country forces her down a twisting road of treachery and betrayal, where the geo-political status quo and Israel's future hangs in the balance.
Packed with action and edge of your seat thrills, JET - Dark Web posits a frighteningly plausible plot that could alter the world order.
Get your copy today!

Like Reply
[Image: sWtY9mLR_t.jpg]
Assassin 01 King of Swords Russell Blake
epub | 431.91 KB | English | 9781480170537 | Blake, Russell | Manana Publishing

Description: King of Swords is an epic assassination thriller framed against a gritty backdrop of brutal drug cartel violence in modern Mexico.

The G-20 Financial Summit is planned for San Jose Del Cabo. The world's pre-eminent finance ministers will attend, along with the presidents of the U.S. and Mexico.

Captain Romero Cruz of the Mexican Federal security officer uncovers an assassination plot against the attendees. In a roller-coaster race against the clock, Cruz must track and stop El Rey, the "King of Swords" - a faceless super-assassin responsible for a string of the world's most spectacular killings, before he turns the G-20 into a slaughterhouse.

King of Swords is an intelligent, rule-breaking rush that shatters convention to create a richly-drawn story that's sure to shock and delight even the most jaded intrigue/adventure thriller fans.

Like Reply
[Image: sAUnamL4_t.jpg]
Nathan McBride 05 Contract to Kill Andrew Peterson, Russell Blake
epub | 832.63 KB | English | Peterson, Andrew | Thomas & Mercer

Description: When Toby Haynes witnesses a double murder-and suspects his boss, Tanner Mason, as the perpetrator of the crime-he does the only thing he can think of: he calls in Nathan McBride.
CIA special ops veteran McBride and his partner, Harvey Fontana, respond to their friend's plea. As they launch a covert investigation into Mason, the security chief for one of the nation's leading private military contractors, they discover that not everything is as it appears. Mason and his inner circle are leading a top-secret operation to tackle a wave of crime plaguing the US-Mexican border, and the murder may have been part of their complicated strategy-or part of a more menacing agenda. Soon McBride and Fontana find themselves engaged in a deadly game. With a powerful politician behind it all, stopping Mason could mean joining a secret war-with truly global stakes.

Like Reply
[Image: zzBZmIgc_t.jpg]
The Geronimo Breach Russell Blake
epub | 441.76 KB | English | Russell Blake | Reprobatio Ltd

Description: The Geronimo Breach is a breakneck-paced thrill ride that pits the world's most unlikely protagonist against the deadliest  adversaries on the planet. From the corridors of Langley to the sweltering jungles of Panama, from the hills of Pakistan to the cocaine trails of Colombia, a clandestine scheme to preserve a terrible secret goes horribly awry, plunging a reluctant hero down a deadly rabbit hole of deceit and betrayal, while raising disturbing questions about the media, the war on terror & its linkage with the war on drugs, & the nature of reality in an age of sound-bites and photo ops.

Albert Ross is a malingering misanthrope - a boozing, chain smoking philanderer; shifty, lazy, cowardly, going to fat, & more prone to doing the wrong thing than any man alive. His purgatorial existence working for the State Department in Panama gets shattered when a routine errand becomes a race against the clock, battling adversaries for whom no price is too high to protect a secret that could topple the world order. As the body count climbs in a struggle without rules, Al must face his own demons, as well as the myriad very real ones intent upon destroying him. The unexpectedly shattering conclusion of this richly drawn thriller is both topical & chillingly plausible, making for a roller-coaster action/adventure without parallel.

Q & A for The Geronimo Breach w/ bestselling author Russell Blake

Question: The Geronimo Breach is a radical departure from your usual thrillers. In this, we follow the tribulations of arguably the most horrible protagonist on the planet. Why write this character, this story, this way?

RB: It started off as a knee-jerk reaction to several books I'd read, where the heroes were, well, bland & predictable. So over a few beers, I thought, what about writing a hero who's so despicable there's no way anyone could like him, but by the end of the book, in spite of him or ourselves, we do? Anyone can write a hero with appeal. How about one who has no appeal, and will actually do the worst possible thing for his situation, every time? A slob who's so low, he's compulsively losing even when he could win? Out of that came Al, who is probably the most remarkable character I've ever written. Can he prevail? Can he be redeemed? Is he even worth redeeming? Al's my favorite character out of all my books, by far. No question.

Q: The Geronimo Breach's conspiracy is a shocker, & calls into question some sacred beliefs. Have you gotten any negative feedback about it?

RB: Other than the circling black helicopters, you mean? Seriously, I just took something that seemed absurd to me, & proposed an alternative possibility. If it rings true, that says a lot for my powers of invention. Will we ever know the truth? Who even kno what the truth is anymore? The truth is evasive, and in my opinion, skepticism too lacking.

Q: The Geronimo Breach has drawn acclaim from other authors as being landmark & defining. What's your take on it?

RB: Geronimo is one of the books I'd recommend to readers who've never read one of my books, along with King of Swords. If they want to know how I differ from the monosyllabic guys cranking out formulaic screeds featuring hackneyed characters in predictable situations, my response would be, read Geronimo or King. I'm particularly proud of the characters & the plot twists and turns, & would argue there's no other books quite like them.

Q:Why do readers respond the way they do to Al?

RB: I think it's refreshing to read a protagonist who's so badly flawed. We see in him bits of ourselves, or people we know, & that resonates as being true. Al is remarkable, in that even after I finished with him, he lingers in my psyche like fungus. Hard to shake him.

Review
"A sadistically good writer." - The Kindle Book Review

"Russell Blake writes with a brisk intensity and pulse-pounding power. Jump in and hang on for a nonstop thrill ride." - Scott Nicholson, Liquid Fear*

"Blake has never failed to deliver an intelligent, exquisitely paced thriller, packed with unforgettable characters, devious intrigue and immersive detail. He has emerged as the most consistently satisfying writer on the thriller scene."*  Steven Konkoly, bestselling author of Black Flagged and The Jakarta Pandemic

"This is a taut thriller with an original plot and carefully building suspense, interspersed with great action scenes. He uses multiple story lines to weave together his plot, a device that effectively builds the tension as his story unfolds. Other reviewers have already written about Al, the protagonist, and how unlovable he is at the outset. I found him so throughout the book, but just as you can find some sympathy for, or at least fascination in a Tony Soprano or Nucky Thompson, you'll find Al an interesting character and want to know what he'll do next. Great job." - David Lender, Vaccine Nation, Bull Street, Trojan Horse and Gravy Train

About the Author
Russell Blake was named one of the most popular indie novelists of 2012 and is the bestselling author of seventeen novels, including the thrillers Fatal Exchange, The Geronimo Breach, Zero Sum, King of Swords, Night of the Assassin, Revenge of the Assassin, Return of the Assassin, The Delphi Chronicle trilogy, The Voynich Cypher, Silver Justice, JET, JET II - Betrayal and JET III - Vengeance. Non-fiction includes the international bestseller An Angel With Fur (animal biography) and How To Sell A Gazillion eBooks In No Time (even if drunk, high or incarcerated), a parody of all things writing-related. Blake lives in Mexico and enjoys his dogs, fishing, boating, tequila and writing, while battling world domination by clowns.

Like Reply
[Image: iKVwBqNu_t.jpg]
Assassin 03 Return of the Assassin Russell Blake
epub | 299.74 KB | English | 9781480238312 | Blake, Russell | CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Description: Return of the Assassin is the shocking continuation of the saga of El Rey, the notorious Mexican cartel super-assassin whose legacy of impossible kills has earned him the reputation as the most lethally effective hit man in the world. Faced with impossible choices as he races against time, El Rey must return to a cartel underworld where the smallest slip means instant death, on a suicide mission to save the life of a young woman whose escape and survival is inexorably linked to his own.

Like Reply