• 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: N8G7sImc_t.jpg]
Type : epub |
Size : 484.01 KB |
English |
9780425176931 |

Descirption: SUMMARY:
While struggling to recover from a shattered personal life, Net Force Commander Alex Michaels races against time to find the culprits responsible for stealing plans to a top-secret atmospheric weapon that uses low-frequency wave generation to drive people mad. Original.

Product
In the year 2010, computers are the new superpowers. Those who control them control the world. To enforce the Net La, Congress creates the ultimate computer security agency within the FBI: the Net Force.
Reeling from a shattered personal life, Net Force Commander Alex Michaels is informed that top secret information from a joint Air Force-Navy venture has been accessed and downloaded. The research involves an atmospheric weapon with the capability to drive half a country into madness using low frequency wave generation. Now the technology has fallen into the wrong hands -- and testing has begun...
A powerful examination of America's defense and intelligence systems of the future, Tom Clancy's Net Force TM is the creation of Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik.
Read by Stephen Lang

About the Author
Tom Clancy is the author of numerous #1 bestselling novels including Rainbow Six, Executive Orders, and Debt of Honor. Steve Pieczenik is the author of State of Emergency and co-creator of Tom Clancy's Op-Center series.

Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: cgS62Gao_t.jpg]
Size : 375.4 KB |
English |

Descirption: No one could have imagined Odd Thomas ever leaving the perfect quirky comfort of Pico Mundo, least of all Odd himself. The little desert town that nurtured Odd all his life is the locus of everything he holds dear-his loyal friends, his ghostly confidants, and the place where he loved and lost his soul mate, the irreplaceable Stormy Llewellyn. Yet leave it he has, to embrace the solitude and peace of an isolated monastery high in the western mountains as he tries to find a way to live fully again.

But Odd has a knack for finding himself in the path of trouble no matter where he goes-even among the eccentric monks in their sanctuary and with the King of Rock 'n' Roll at his side. For a killer is stalking the ancient holy halls, and Odd is about to encounter an enemy who eclipses any he has yet encountered..

Like Reply
[Image: QhpdULd9_t.jpg]
Size : 196.41 KB |
English |

Like Reply
[Image: RWFTZw_t.jpg]
Size : 176.06 KB |
English |
9780007234943 |

Descirption: The second of two classic security officer thrillers featuring detective Nick Miller, set in London's seedy underworld. After a long night on the job, Detective Sergeant Nick Miller is on his way home -- only to become the first security officerman at the scene of a young woman's mysterious suicide. What's odd is that it appears she tried to conceal her identity before doing herself in. Miller follo a hazardous trail to find the powerful man responsible for the girl's fate, only to watch him walk out of court a free man. But the dead girl's father swears to exact justice with or without the law on his side!

Review
'Open a Jack Higgins novel and you'll encounter a master craftsman at the peak of his powers ! first-rate tales of intrigue, suspense and full-on action.' Sunday Express 'Action-packed, colourful and written by a natural storyteller' Sunday Mail 'The master craftsman of good, clean adventure.' Daily Mail 'Higgins is a master of his craft.' Daily Telegraph 'A thriller writer in a class of his own.' Financial Times 'A seasoned pro' New York Times Book Review

About the Author
Jack Higgins was a soldier and then a teacher before becoming a full-time writer. 'The Eagle has Landed' turned him into an international bestselling author and his novels have since sold over 250 million copies and been translated into sixty languages. Many of his titles have also been made into successful films

Like Reply
[Image: mipDKPpC_t.jpg]
Size : 141.78 KB |
English |

Like Reply
[Image: MCv6syzb_t.jpg]
Size : 212.45 KB |
English |
9781455557288 |

Descirption: In this all-new short story from #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci, worlds collide when government assassin Will Robie is caught in the crossfire with Oliver Stone and the Camel Club.
Will Robie is closing in on his next target when he finds himself in the middle of a bank heist--and he's taken hostage alongside Oliver Stone. But is this just a simple bank job, or are the robbers after something even more valuable--and dangerous--than the cash in the vault?
Available only as an ebook.

Like Reply
[Image: bdsWjbiy_t.jpg]
Size : 275.13 KB |
English |
9780440242062 |

Descirption:
From Publishers Weekly
In Steel's latest, 42-year-old Tanya Harris loves her life as a mother of three, wife of a dashing San Francisco lawyer and moderately successful writer of short stories and soap opera scripts. She has long given up on her dream of writing a screenplay, but then her agent calls with a dream offer: a major director wants her and her alone to write the script for a new high-profile film. Tanya's first reaction is distress (her twin daughters are about to start their senior year, and her son is making the transition to his freshman year at UC Santa Barbara; how can she leave them?), but her detailed deliberations are cut short by her husband, who convinces her that this is her big opportunity. In Hollywood, Tanya's cosseted in every possible way, and she takes to the work immediately. But the weekend flights home aren't enough, and her worst fear is realized when her husband strays. Steel follo Tanya as she copes with domestic upheaval, all the time pushing ahead with her blossoming screenwriting career. Steel's characters spend a lot of time contemplating problems, and Tanya is especially adept at hand-wringing. Steel's many loyal readers will be entertained by this story of a dedicated mother and wife who embarks on a series of life-altering adventures in Hollywood._ (June)_
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

From
Steel's latest novel follo the travails of a demure Marin County housewife who finds herself caught up in the glamorous world of Hollywood. Tanya Harris is a contented wife and mother (beautiful for her age, of course) whose children will soon be heading off to college. With that hole in her life looming, she accepts an offer from her agent (she is also a free-lance writer) to work on a Hollywood script for a big-time producer and director. For Tanya, returning to the work world full time is a tough choice, but after a lot of hand-wringing and platitudes about leaving her family, she decides to do it. She plans to work in Hollywood during the week (residing at the swanky Beverly Hills Hotel, in Bungalow 2) and return home every weekend. Of course, she finds herself working on weekends, and before long, her husband begins an affair with their next-door neighbor, and Tanya herself has begun to take a romantic interest in the producer she is working for. Not surprisingly, their marriage unravels, and Tanya begins a series of fruitless Hollywood relationships, all while trying to maintain her bond with her children. But this is a Steel novel, after all, and eventually she finds her man, works things out with her kids, and wins an Academy Award, no less. Kathleen Hughes
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Like Reply
[Image: UUosljpz_t.jpg]
Size : 406.46 KB |
English |

Descirption: At 8:15 in the morning, a small commuter plane carrying forty-seven passengers crashes into an apartment building in Granada Hills, California. Shock waves ripple through Los Angeles, as L.A.P.D. Lieutenant Peter Decker works overtime to calm rampant fears of a 9/11-type terror attack. But a grisly mystery lives inside the plane's charred and twisted wreckage: the unidentified bodies of four extra travelers. And there is no sign of an airline employee who was supposedly on the catastrophic flight.

Decker and his wife, Rina, have personal reasons for being profoundly shaken by the tragedy, since the "accident" occurred frighteningly close to their daughter Hannah's school. Luckily, their child and her schoolmates escaped unscathed. But the fate of the unaccounted-for flight attendant-twenty-eight-year-old Roseanne Dresden-remains a question mark more than a month after the horrific event, when the young woman's irate stepfather calls, insisting that she was never onboard the doomed plane. Instead, he claims, she was most likely murdered by her abusive, unfaithful husband. But why, then, was Roseanne's name included on the passenger list?

Under intense pressure from the department to come up with answers, Decker launches an investigation that carries him down a path of tragic history, dangerous secrets, and deadly lies-and leads him to the corpse of a three-decades-missing murder victim. And as the jagged pieces slowly fall into place, a frightening picture begins to form: a mind-searing portrait of unimaginable evil that will challenge Decker's and Rina's own beliefs about guilt and innocence and justice.

Combining relentless suspense with intense, multilayered human drama, The Burnt House is Faye Kellerman at her mesmerizing best.

Like Reply
[Image: OXQCble0_t.jpg]
Size : 533.8 KB |
English |

Descirption: Dean Koontz has surpassed his longtime reputation as "America's most popular suspense novelist"(Rolling Stone) to become one of the most celebrated and successful writers of our time. Reviewers hail his boundless originality, his art, his unparalleled ability to create highly textured, riveting drama, at once viscerally familiar and utterly unique.

Author of one #1 New York Times bestseller after another, Koontz is at the pinnacle of his powers, spinning mysteries and miracles, enthralling tales that speak directly to today's readers, balm for the heart and fire for the mind. In this stunning new novel, he delivers a tour de force of dark suspense and brilliant revelation that has all the Koontz trademarks: adventure, chills, riddles, humor, heartbreak, an unforgettable cast of characters, and a climax that will leave you clamoring for more.

Dylan O'Connor is a gifted young artist just trying to do the right thing in life. He's on his way to an arts festival in Santa Fe when he stops to get a room for himself and his twenty-year-old autistic brother, Shep. But in a nightmarish instant, Dylan is attacked by a mysterious "doctor," injected with a strange substance, and told that he is now a carrier of something that will either kill him...or transform his life in the most remarkable way. Then he is told that he must flee--before the doctor's enemies hunt him down for the secret circulating through his body. No one can help him, the doctor says, not even the security officer.

Stunned, disbelieving, Dylan is turned loose to run for his life...and straight into an adventure that will turn the next twenty-four hours into an odyssey of terror, mystery--and wondrous discovery. It is a journey that begins when Dylan and Shep's path intersects with that of Jillian Jackson. Before that evening Jilly was a beautiful comedian whose biggest worry was whether she would ever find a decent man. Now she too is a carrier. And even as Dylan tries to convince her that they'll be safer sticking together, cold-eyed men in a threatening pack of black Suburbans approach, only seconds before Jilly's classic Coupe DeVille explodes into thin air.

Now the three are on the run together, but with no idea whom they're running from--or why. Meanwhile Shep has begun exhibiting increasingly disturbing behavior. And whatever it is that's coursing through their bodies seems to have plunged them into one waking nightmare after another. Seized by sinister premonitions, they find themselves inexplicably drawn to crime scenes--just minutes before the crimes take place.

What this unfathomable power is, how they can use it to stop the evil erupting all around them, and why they have been chosen are only parts of a puzzle that reaches back into the tragic past and the dark secrets they all share: secrets of madness, pain, and untimely death. Perhaps the answer lies in the eerie, enigmatic messages that Shep, with precious time running out, begins to repeat, about an entity who does his work "by the light of the moon."

By the Light of the Moon is a novel of heart-stopping suspense and transcendent beauty, of how evil can destroy us and love can redeem us--a masterwork of the imagination in which the surprises come page after page and the spell of sublime storytelling triumphs throughout. 

Like Reply
[Image: omrFY5e8_t.jpg]
Size : 502.71 KB |
English |
9780671828165 |

Descirption:
Review
Novel by Herman Wouk, published in 1951. The novel was awarded the 1952 Pulitzer Prize for fiction. The Caine Mutiny grew out of Wouk's experiences aboard a destroyer-minesweeper in the Pacific in World War II. The novel focuses on Willie Keith, a rich New Yorker assigned to the USS Caine, who gradually matures during the course of the book. But the work is best known for its portrayal of the neurotic Captain Queeg, who becomes obsessed with petty infractions at the expense of the safety of ship and crew. Cynical, intellectual Lieutenant Tom Keefer persuades loyal Lieutenant Steve Maryk that Queeg's bizarre behavior is endangering the ship; Maryk reluctantly relieves Queeg of command. Much of the book describes Maryk's court-martial and its aftermath. The unstable Queeg eventually breaks down completely. -- __

Product
Each decade new readers discover the characters and curious activities aboard the U.S.S. Caine in this classic tale of pathos, humor, and scope.

Like Reply
[Image: L1hr0VFq_t.jpg]
Size : 240.54 KB |
English |

Like Reply
[Image: wufyRblN_t.jpg]
Size : 249.25 KB |
English |
144474464X |

Descirption: A surprising and moving novel of fathers and sons, forgiveness and redemption, set in the world of Major League Baseball.

Whatever happened to Calico Joe?

It began quietly enough with a pulled hamstring. The first baseman for the Cubs AAA affiliate in Wichita went down as he rounded third and headed for home. The next day, Jim Hickman, the first baseman for the Cubs, injured his back. The team suddenly needed someone to play first, so they reached down to their AA club in Midland, Texas, and called up a twenty-one-year-old named Joe Castle. He was the hottest player in AA and creating a buzz.

In the summer of 1973 Joe Castle was the boy wonder of baseball, the greatest rookie anyone had ever seen.  The kid from Calico Rock, Arkansas dazzled Cub fans as he hit home run after home run, politely tipping his hat to the crowd as he shattered all rookie records.

Calico Joe quickly became the idol of every baseball fan in America, including Paul Tracey, the young son of a hard-partying and hard-throwing Mets pitcher. On the day that Warren Tracey finally faced Calico Joe, Paul was in the stands, rooting for his idol but also for his Dad. Then Warren threw a fastball that would change their lives forever.

In John Grisham's new novel the baseball is thrilling, but it's what happens off the field that makes CALICO JOE a classic.

Amazon.com Review
John Grisham
Amazon Q & A with John Grisham

Q: What's your favorite baseball team?
A: St. Louis Cardinals. My father was a Cardinals fan, as was my grandfather. When I was a kid growing up in the rural south, everyone listened to the Cardinals on the radio. We seldom missed a game.

Q: What's your most memorable game--as player, coach, or fan?
A: I played a lot of baseball when I was a kid and teenager, but I do not recall making any spectacular plays. When I coached baseball, my teams usually lost. As a fan, Game 6 of the World Series last year, Cardinals vs. Rangers, comes to mind.

Q: Have you played or coached baseball? What position?
A: I was an average high school baseball player with big dreams. I tried to play in college, but got myself cut in the fall practices. I was an outfielder with a weak arm.

Q: Why are there seemingly more baseball books--both fiction and nonfiction--than other sports?
A: Baseball is a uniquely American sport, and it is the oldest organized sport in the country. It has a rich and colorful history, and up until the last generation, it was the most popular sport for kids to play. Sadly, that is changing.

Q: Who was the Joe Castle of your childhood--a player you revered? And was there a Warren Tracey?
A: I was never much of a Red Sox fan, but I adored Tony Conigliaro. He was a great player, and a certain Hall of Famer. The beanball that struck him in the eye ruined a great career.

Q: While researching Calico Joe, did you attend or watch games? Did you write any of the book at a stadium?
A: I only write in one place, and that's my office at home. I take a lot of notes when I travel around and research, which I did for Calico Joe.

Q: Did you employ any other behind-the-scenes techniques--watch old footage, interview players, read old issues of Sports Illustrated?
A: Yes, all of the above. I interviewed several former major league players. I read lots of old magazines, ne articles, and books about baseball, and specifically, The Code. I found some footage of famous beanball wars of recent times.

Q: Do the beanball or the brushback have a place in today's baseball? Even Joe seemed to accept them as "part of the game."
A: Yes. There are times in baseball when a particular hitter must get hit. There are many reasons for this, but retaliation is always a factor. Problems arise though when the pitch is above the shoulders, and aimed at batter's head. If a pitcher does this intentionally, and they do it all the time, they are fooling around with a player's career. Throwing at a batter's head is never acceptable in baseball, even as retaliation.

Q: Have you ever been hit? Have you ever hit someone else?
A: Every baseball player gets hit. Fortunately, I was never beaned in the head. Our coaches never let me anywhere near the pitcher's mound, so I never hit a batter.

Q: Do you love baseball? If so, why? Any concerns that the sport and its stars (as Warren gripes in the book) have changed?
A: I still love baseball but it's not the game of my youth. The pro game today is dominated by money and, frankly, there is a lot of bad baseball being played. I find it frustrating, but I always get pumped at World Series time. College baseball is far more exciting.

Review
Praise for *Calico Joe

"Grisham knocks it out of the park."-The Washington Post

"An enjoyable, heartwarming read that's not just for baseball fans."-USA Today

Praise for John Grisham

"Never let it be said this man doesn't know how to spin a good yarn."-Entertainment Weekly

"Grisham may well be the best American storyteller writing today."-The Philadelphia Inquirer*

Like Reply
[Image: x6cqjHiZ_t.jpg]
Size : 560.36 KB |
English |
9781407095585 |

Descirption: Synopsis
Camellia Norton is orphaned at fifteen when her mother's body is fished from a river in rural Sussex. And when she discovers a cache of letters amongst her mother's effects she realises that the past she has always been so sure of has been built on a tissue of lies. Devastated, she runs away to London, and loses herself in a metropolis that offers opportunity, temptation and danger, especially to a young girl hungry for love and acceptance. But her past won't stay buried forever, and eventually Camellia begins the long journey towards uncovering the truth about her background, and also, ultimately, about herself.

Like Reply
[Image: aO2vgE7S_t.jpg]
Size : 136.26 KB |
English |
9780749303259 |

Descirption: SUMMARY: Today, nearly forty years after his death, Nobel Prize winner John Steinbeck remains one of America's greatest writers and cultural figures. We have begun publishing his many works for the first time as blackspine Penguin Classics featuring eye-catching, newly commissioned art. This season we continue with the seven spectacular and influential books East of Eden, Cannery Row, In Dubious Battle, The Long Valley, The Moon Is Down, The Pastures of Heaven, and Tortilla Flat. Penguin Classics is proud to present these seminal works to a new generation of readers-and to the many who revisit them again and again.

Like Reply
[Image: IWQgnQH5_t.jpg]
Size : 370.84 KB |
English |

Like Reply
[Image: xCdt6OFq_t.jpg]
Size : 315.62 KB |
English |

Descirption: SUMMARY: This edition includes two articles by Ayn Rand which did not appear in the hardcover edition: "The Wreckage of the Consensus, " which presents the Objectivists' vie on Vietnam and the draft; and "Requiem for Man, " an answer to the Papal encyclical Progressio Populorum.

Like Reply
[Image: wLPeMgYi_t.jpg]
Size : 200 KB |

9780373097685 |

Descirption: EDITORIAL REVIEW:
**A classic novel from the enchanting series *The Donovan Legacy*.**
Only the phenomenal Nora Roberts could have created the remarkable Donovan clan. Fascinating and irresistible, the mysterious Donovan cousins share a secret that's been handed down through generations -- a secret that sets them apart from ordinary beings.
***Captivated***
His interest in her was purely professional . . . Or so he told himself. Nash Kirkland had sought out the alluring Morgana Dovovan to help him research his latest screenplay, though the hardheaded skeptic didn't believe for a minute she was what she professed to be. But, as Morgana revealed herself to him, Nash found himself falling under her bewitching spell. Nash had never trusted his feelings and always kept them in check. So how could he be sure the irresistible passion he felt for Morgana was real and not just some conjurer's trick?
***The Donovan Legacy* continues with *Entranced*, coming soon from Silhouette Books.**

Like Reply
[Image: De7sHbfV_t.jpg]
Size : 310.59 KB |

Descirption: LADY ON THE LAM It should have been a piece of cake. All he had to do was pick up some pretty little bail jumper who wasn't even bothering to hide. But cynical bounty hunter Jack Dakota soon discovered there was nothing easy about spitfire M. J. O'Leary-or about this case. Someone had set them both up. Now they were handcuffed together and on the run from a pair of hired killers. And M.J. wasn't talking-not even when Jack found a gigantic blue diamond hidden in her purse. Everything told Jack this alluring vixen couldn't be trusted...everything, that is, except his captive heart. Book #2 of THE STARS OF MITHRA series.

Like Reply
[Image: f75UXD3B_t.jpg]
Size : 541.59 KB |

978-0-307-56726-0 |

Like Reply
[Image: fE2wM41x_t.jpg]
Size : 877.82 KB |

urn|isbn|9781101537817 |

Descirption: From the #1 New York Times bestselling author-a spellbinding tale about a woman who, though battered in both body and spirit, never loses hope...

Like Reply