Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
ebooks Collection 2019
[Image: b2Kdjms9_t.jpg]
Type : epub |
Size : 2.68 MB |

Descirption: Top secret data has been stolen from the CIA, and the only man who kno its hiding place is dead. CIA operative Mitch Rapp must race to find the classified information in this blistering novel that picks up where The Last Man left off in Vince Flynn's New York Times bestselling series.
Joseph "Rick" Rickman, former boy wonder at the CIA, stole a massive amount of top secret and hugely compromising intel concerning classified operations all over the world, offering it (and himself) to the Pakistani secret forces. Only his plans went awry when CIA director Irene Kennedy sent Mitch Rapp to hunt him down. It turns out that killing Rickman didn't solve anything-in fact, the nightmare is only intensifying. Rickman stored the potentially devastating data (CIA assets, operatives, agents) somewhere only he knew, and somehow, from beyond the grave, he still poses a mortal threat to America.

Now it's a deadly race as both the...

Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
[Image: UjcYd9W7_t.jpg]
Size : 2.05 MB |
English |

Descirption: Sheila O'Flanagan is the bestselling author of THE MISSING WIFE, and her new bestseller WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT will enchant readers who love the novels of Marian Keyes and Lisa Jewell.
Then
When Lola Fitzpatrick catches the eye of Philip Warren, she's new to Dublin and loving it. He's used to getting what he wants...and she can't resist him. Until one night he forces her to make an impossible choice.
If she'd known then what she kno now, everything might have been different.
Now
Lola's daughter Bey has inherited her mother's impulsive streak and it takes her down dangerous paths.
Then one night she too finds herself in front of a man she loves, with impossible choices of her own to make.
For both women, what happened that night changes everything. For better. For worse. For ever.

Like Reply
[Image: cpMrDqLB_t.jpg]
Size : 1.13 MB |
English |
9780553807721 |

Descirption:
Amazon.com Review
A Letter from Author Dean Koontz
Villains and VegetablesReaders ask certain questions over and over again. Such as, "How often have you been institutionalized?" and "How does your wife sleep at night, knowing what kind of stories spring from your mind?" and "If you could be any kind of vegetable, what vegetable would you be?"
Because I found most schoolwork tedious, I felt as if I had been institutionalized for fifteen years--throughout grade school, high school, and college. In the grim institution called high school, as a kid in a small town, my therapy consisted of reading novels and listening to rock-and-roll on tower-of-power radio stations in distant cities. In college, my therapy was all-night pinochle tournaments. I cut more classes than Sweeney Todd cut throats.
My wife sleeps peacefully, thank you. She kno I'm basically a pussycat. We have been together since high school, and in all those years, the only living thing she has seen me cut is myself; any time I pick up the simplest tool or kitchen implement to do some minor household task, my blood will inevitably flow. I've been known to cut myself accidentally with something as seemingly safe as a rolling pin.
Sugar snap peas.
Another frequently asked question is "How do you create such bizarre yet convincing and terrifying villains." The glib answer is to say I watch the evening ne. In fact, however, the antagonists in my novels create themselves, just as do the protagonists. I conceive a character around a seed of truth, some essential fact that lies at the core of him, then I give him free will, and I discover more about him as the story unfolds. Sometimes, when characters surprise me with their revelations, it seems as if they are indeed real, that I am writing in a kind of dream state that allo me to bridge this world with some parallel reality and tap the consciousness of people living
Alton Turner Blackwood, the villain of Darkness Under the Sun and of the forthcoming novel What the Night Kno, literally appeared to me in one of those exceedingly vivid dreams that are peculiar to many of us who, suffering allergies, take two or three Benedryl every night for too many weeks. Benedryl dreams are, in my experience, never flat-out nightmares. They generally do not have much in the way of storylines, but the people in them are so dimensional and so exquisitely detailed that they seem as real as anyone you would meet in real life. They are sometimes strange, as well, and menacing, though these are for the most part dreams without action, so their menace is implied.
The morning after the Benedryl dream in which Alton Turner Blackwood appeared (though he had no name in the dream), I wrote down a physical description of him, which I used word for word in the finished novel:
He stood six feet five, scarecrow-thin but strong. His hands were immense, the spatulate fingers as suctorial as the toe discs of a web-foot toad, large bony wrists like robot joints, orangutan-long arms. His shoulder blades were thick and malformed, so that bat wings appeared to be furled under his shirt.
As for how his face looks and as for the explanation of how and why such a specimen might be born: I'll let you discover those things in the novella and the novel.
Of the scores of evil characters I have created, none has so affected me as Alton Turner Blackwood. In spite of all his physical and mental strangenesses, I would not be surprised to see him one evening, walking along a lonely highway or perhaps standing under a lamppost across the street, still and watchful. Of all the eerie characters met in Benedryl dreams--many of them like people you might expect to see in Tim Burton movies--he is the only one who has made a second appearance in my sleep. And he's appeared three times. I don't know what to make of that. If his repeated appearance means anything, I guess I'll find out eventually.
Baby carrots are also cool.

Product
In the late summer of a long ago year, a killer arrived in a small city. His name was Alton Turner Blackwood, and in the space of a few months he brutally murdered four families. His savage spree ended only when he himself was killed by the last survivor of the last family, a fourteen-year-old boy.
Half a continent away and two decades later, someone is murdering families again, recreating in detail Blackwood's crimes. Homicide detective John Calvino is certain that his own family-his wife and three children-will be targets in the fourth crime, just as his parents and sisters were victims on that distant night when he was fourteen and killed their slayer.
As a detective, John is a man of reason who deals in cold facts. But an extraordinary experience convinces him that sometimes death is not a one-way journey, that sometimes the dead return.
Here is ghost story like no other you have read. In the Calvinos, Dean Koontz brings to life a family that might be your own, in a war for their survival against an adversary more malevolent than any he has yet created, with their own home the battleground. Of all his acclaimed novels, none exceeds What the Night Kno in power, in chilling suspense, and in sheer mesmerizing storytelling.

Like Reply
[Image: p0FXu32f_t.jpg]
Size : 2.35 MB |
English |

Descirption: The evil that men do lives after them. The stunning new thriller from the bestselling author of Velocity and Breathless.

Billy Lucas confesses to a shocking crime. He's only fourteen years old but he's a sadistic killer and proud of it. He's in the secure wing of the state hospital but ... he seems too wise for his age, not crazy, too knowing. About the nature of evil, and whether it lives on beyond death. Too knowing about other crimes that took place before he was born ... Other murders from twenty years ago surface in the mind of Detective John Calvino as he intervie young Billy Lucas. Calvino carries away a signed confession ... and a sense of great danger. That night he feels that somehow Billy has come home with him, to his family. Over the next weeks, this haunted feeling does not go away. It only gets worse. Then another killing spree happens, just as and when John Calvino dreaded it would. Billy is safely locked away, but not the ghost, if the ghost exists, that links these murders with past crimes, and with John Calvino. Anything could happen, and surely will... again.

Like Reply
[Image: 40YCzVeC_t.jpg]
Size : 2.05 MB |
English |

Descirption: Sheila O'Flanagan is the bestselling author of THE MISSING WIFE, and her new bestseller WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT will enchant readers who love the novels of Marian Keyes and Lisa Jewell.
Then
When Lola Fitzpatrick catches the eye of Philip Warren, she's new to Dublin and loving it. He's used to getting what he wants...and she can't resist him. Until one night he forces her to make an impossible choice.
If she'd known then what she kno now, everything might have been different.
Now
Lola's daughter Bey has inherited her mother's impulsive streak and it takes her down dangerous paths.
Then one night she too finds herself in front of a man she loves, with impossible choices of her own to make.
For both women, what happened that night changes everything. For better. For worse. For ever.

Like Reply
[Image: fUNsu5YZ_t.jpg]
Size : 40.11 MB |
English |

Like Reply
[Image: Y7bE4O4n_t.jpg]
Size : 1.15 MB |
English |
9780451210876 |

Descirption: Roland and his band have narrowly escaped the city of Lud and boarded Blaine, a train that will take them to, of all places, Kansas, where the ghost city of Topeka has been depopulated by a superflu and where, alongside Interstate 70, an emerald palace rises enchantingly. Before Roland and the companions of his ka-tet continue along the Path of the Bean, Roland must tell his companions the tale that defines him both as a man and hero, a long-ago romance of witchery and evil, of the beautiful, unforgettable Susan Delgado, of the Big Coffin Hunters and Reah of the Coos. And when his tale is finished, Roland confronts a man who goes by many names, a man who "darkles and tincts" and who holds perhaps the key to the Dark Tower.

Like Reply
[Image: sOweCrCq_t.jpg]
Size : 1.01 MB |
English |
9781416516934 |

Descirption: SUMMARY:Set in a world of extraordinary circumstances, filled with stunning visual imagery and unforgettable characters, the DARK TOWER series is unlike anything you have ever read.Here is the fifth installment, "one of the strongest entries yet in what will surely be a master storyteller's magnum opus" (Locus).Roland Deschain and his ka-tet are bearing southeast through the forests of Mid-World on their quest for the Dark Tower. Their path takes them to the outskirts of Calla Bryn Sturgis. But beyond the tranquil farm town, the ground rises to the hulking darkness of Thunderclap, the source of a terrible affliction that is stealing the town's soul. The wolves of Thunderclap and their unspeakable depredation are coming. To resist them is to risk all, but these are odds the gunslingers are used to. Their guns, however, will not be enough....

Like Reply
[Image: qgEli62A_t.jpg]
Size : 1.29 MB |
English |

Descirption: Sinister rumours link clandestine Arab arms dealing with the man who led the old anti-Nazi Guernica network. Time to reopen the master file on yesterday's spy...
Sinister rumours link clandestine Arab arms dealing with the man who led the old anti-Nazi Guernica network. Time to re-open the master file on yesterday's spy...
This new reissue includes a foreword from the cover designer, Oscar-winning filmmaker Arnold Schwartzman, and a brand new introduction by Len Deighton, which offers a fascinating insight into the writing of the story.

Like Reply
[Image: v8dXNcIL_t.jpg]
Size : 532.22 KB |
English |
9780141045344 |

Descirption: Five lost souls in search of redemption . . .To outsiders it looks as if Mary was born unlucky, but deep down she believes in a happy ending. She just needs someone to remind her.And Sam looks like a waster and a disappointment - the man who had it all and then threw it all away. He needs a fresh start.Penny is the life and soul of every party. She's also a drunk and some would say a home wrecker. She needs someone to understand her.Ivan's a sucker - a man who still cares about the woman who broke his heart and took his children from him. He needs to be brave.And Adam is in a loveless marriage and cheating on his wife, though only he kno why he married the wrong woman. He needs a wake-up call.For these five souls change is going to come, and, when it does, they all get more than they bargained for.

Like Reply
[Image: TYN7Q5eA_t.jpg]
Size : 532.22 KB |
English |
9780141045344 |

Descirption: Five lost souls in search of redemption . . .To outsiders it looks as if Mary was born unlucky, but deep down she believes in a happy ending. She just needs someone to remind her.And Sam looks like a waster and a disappointment - the man who had it all and then threw it all away. He needs a fresh start.Penny is the life and soul of every party. She's also a drunk and some would say a home wrecker. She needs someone to understand her.Ivan's a sucker - a man who still cares about the woman who broke his heart and took his children from him. He needs to be brave.And Adam is in a loveless marriage and cheating on his wife, though only he kno why he married the wrong woman. He needs a wake-up call.For these five souls change is going to come, and, when it does, they all get more than they bargained for.

Like Reply
[Image: wDbroIjH_t.jpg]
Size : 1008 KB |
English |

Descirption: In the next thrilling novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling Mitch Rapp series, the anti-terrorism operative heads to Pakistan to confront a mortal threat he may not be prepared for. In fact, this time he might have met his match.
Mitch Rapp is used to winning.
But in this follow-up to #1 New York Times bestselling The Survivor, the CIA operative finds himself chasing false leads from continent to continent in an effort to keep Pakistani nukes from falling into the hands of terrorists. Together with friend and colleague Scott Coleman, Rapp struggles to prevent the loss of these lethal weapons, particularly because Russia is also interested in the nukes, though not for the same reason as Rapp and Coleman.
Soon, it becomes alarmingly clear that the forces in Moscow are bent on fomenting even more chaos and turmoil in the Middle East, and Rapp must go deep into Russian territory, posing as an American ISIS recruit. There, he uncovers a plan much more dangerous and insidious than he ever expected, one that could have far-reaching and catastrophic consequences.
Written with breathless tension and heart-pounding action, Mitch Rapp's latest adventure is as timely and provocative as ever.

Review
"Just as compelling as when Flynn was doing the writing . . . . Satisfied fans will hope that Mills will fulfill their continuing Mitch Rapp needs far into the future." (Publishers Weekly (starred review))
"Flynn is a master maybe the master of thrillers in which the pages seem to turn themselves." (Book Reporter)
"What thriller readers live for: tense and dramatic with a nice twist." (Kirkus Revie)
"Flynn has never been better." (Providence Journal)
"This series continues to be the best of the best in the high adventure, action heavy thriller field . . . . Flynn's name, Flynn's characters, and Mills' skill will take this one to the top of the charts, territory already familiar to Mitch Rapp." (Booklist (starred review))
"The biggest compliment one can give Mills is that it's totally unclear where Flynn's work ends and his begins, in The Survivor." (San Jose Mercury Ne)
"Mills has created a wonderful tribute to Flynn while also writing a great novel. While thriller readers and fans miss Flynn, Mills was the perfect choice, and Rapp will continue in good hands." (Associated Press)
"Mitch Rapp is indeed back.and as good as he ever was." (pop topia.com)
"Mills perfectly treads the line of bringing his own considerable talent and style to the table while being respectful of the source material and seemingly channeling Flynn's own voice." (Bookreporter.com)
"The big questions in my mind when I started to read this book were whether, with the untimely death of Vince Flynn, Kyle Mills could take the Mitch Rapp story further and write a book that seamlessly followed Flynn's inimitable writing style. The answer to both questions is a definite 'Yes.'" (Suncoast's Book Review)
"The Survivor is truly a magnificent book." (San Diego Book Review)
"The book is vintage Flynn/Rapp." (The Post and Courier (Charleston, SC))
"Mr. Mills kept the pacing, the plotting and the story development so well; I really couldn't tell it was a different author writing the story. As with other Mitch Rapp books, I couldn't put The Survivor down." (Just Talking Books)
"Superb. the greatest post 9/11 series going." (Providence Journal)
"Give this book a try." (The Daily Pundit)
"For readers who enjoy great spy and clandestine espionage novels, The Survivor is an excellent read. Plan on burning the "midnight oil" once the first page is read.destined to be a great success." (Green Valley Ne)
"I dare you to read this book. If you don't absolutely love it, it's time for you to try another genre." (The Rappologist)

About the Author
"This series continues to be the best of the best in the high adventure, action heavy thriller field . . . . Flynn's name, Flynn's characters, and Mills' skill will take this one to the top of the charts, territory already familiar to Mitch Rapp." (Booklist (starred review))
"Just as compelling as when Flynn was doing the writing . . . . Satisfied fans will hope that Mills will fulfill their continuing Mitch Rapp needs far into the future." (Publishers Weekly (starred review))
"Flynn is a master maybe the master of thrillers in which the pages seem to turn themselves." (Book Reporter)
"What thriller readers live for: tense and dramatic with a nice twist." (Kirkus Revie)
"Flynn has never been better." (Providence Journal)
"The biggest compliment one can give Mills is that it's totally unclear where Flynn's work ends and his begins, in The Survivor." (San Jose Mercury Ne)
"Mills has created a wonderful tribute to Flynn while also writing a great novel. While thriller readers and fans miss Flynn, Mills was the perfect choice, and Rapp will continue in good hands." (Associated Press)
"Mitch Rapp is indeed back.and as good as he ever was." (pop topia.com)
"Mills perfectly treads the line of bringing his own considerable talent and style to the table while being respectful of the source material and seemingly channeling Flynn's own voice." (Bookreporter.com)
"The big questions in my mind when I started to read this book were whether, with the untimely death of Vince Flynn, Kyle Mills could take the Mitch Rapp story further and write a book that seamlessly followed Flynn's inimitable writing style. The answer to both questions is a definite 'Yes.'" (Suncoast's Book Review)
"The Survivor is truly a magnificent book." (San Diego Book Review)
"The book is vintage Flynn/Rapp." (The Post and Courier (Charleston, SC))
"Mr. Mills kept the pacing, the plotting and the story development so well; I really couldn't tell it was a different author writing the story. As with other Mitch Rapp books, I couldn't put The Survivor down." (Just Talking Books)
"Superb. the greatest post 9/11 series going." (Providence Journal)
"Give this book a try." (The Daily Pundit)
"For readers who enjoy great spy and clandestine espionage novels, The Survivor is an excellent read. Plan on burning the "midnight oil" once the first page is read.destined to be a great success." (Green Valley Ne)
"I dare you to read this book. If you don't absolutely love it, it's time for you to try another genre." (The Rappologist)  

Like Reply
[Image: IFdTrsxU_t.jpg]
Size : 1023.17 KB |
English |
9781416542261 |

Descirption: CIA operative Mitch Rapp follo a trail of contract killers leading directly to the heart of our nation's capital in New York Times bestselling author Vince Flynn's eighth explosive thriller.
It's a gorgeous autumn day in Georgetown. The Democratic candidates for president and vice president of the United States are dutifully glad-handing voters and the media outside a grand estate where a national security conference has just been held, bringing together the world's greatest minds to discuss the issues that are threatening the country. It's American politicking at its best. That's when all hell breaks loose.
When presidential candidate Josh Alexander's motorcade is ambushed by a group of terrorists, the nation is thrown into turmoil. Two weeks following the attack, Alexander is carried to victory by a sympathy vote, but his assailants have not been found. On the surface it appears to be the work of al-Qaeda, despite the tremendous job that the U.S. and her allies have done eliminating terrorist cells within the heart of America. While the FBI and the rest of the government begin scouring the world for jihadists, CIA director Irene Kennedy and Special Agent Skip McMahon are presented with classified information so toxic that they consider destroying it altogether, as it contains intelligence pointing to some of the most powerful players in Washington.
Enter Mitch Rapp, the one man reckless enough to follow the evidence to its explosive conclusion. His journey takes him through the shadowy world of contract killers, into the darkest corners of the globe, and eventually back to Washington, where the fragile pillars of power are shaken to their core.

From Publishers Weekly
CIA operative Mitch Rapp returns in another taut thriller. With the presidential elections close at hand, it looks a little iffy for Democratic candidates Josh Alexander and running mate Mark Ross, but when a bomb attack on their motorcade leaves Alexander's wife and numerous others dead, the sympathetic vote sweeps the two men to a bittersweet victory at the polls. At first the bombing looks to be the work of al-Qaeda, but evidence soon points to a source much closer to home. Schultz brings a comfortable presence to his reading. Having narrated several of the past Rapp adventures, he is on familiar ground, and it sho. His clear, crisp reading style fits perfectly, beat for beat, with Flynn's straightforward storytelling. His characterizations are distinct and well handled, giving Rapp just the right amount of gruffness, while at the same time providing each of the supporting characters with their own individual voices without using over-the-top accents or vocalizations,. Peter Michalos's fine abridgment keeps the story moving with no apparent sacrifice of character or plot.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Review
"Tom Clancy fans who have not yet discovered Vince Flynn and his maverick, do-whatever-it-takes hero, CIA operative Mitch Rapp, will find this page-turner right up their alley.... Taut writing and [a] plausible vision of the real work of the intelligence community." -- Publishers Weekly

"Act of Treason is a fun, finger-blistering page-turner." -- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN)

"The suspenseful conclusion of this terrific story is exciting, satisfying, and totally unexpected. Act of Treason has what one desires in a thriller -- a multilayered and complex plot full of twists and turns with a charismatic main character." -- The Roanoke Times (VA)

"CIA operative Mitch Rapp is back. And he's as fearless as ever." -- Saint Paul Pioneer Press (MN)

"Nonstop action [with a] surprising twist." -- The Stuart Ne/Port St. Lucie Ne (FL)

"Whether you're a fan eagerly awaiting the next installment or a curious reader wondering what all the fuss is about, Act of Treason will make your day." -- FrontPageMagazine.com

Like Reply
[Image: 146goIbb_t.jpg]
Size : 109.84 KB |
English |

Like Reply
[Image: 3wqhG7xn_t.jpg]
Size : 558.1 KB |
English |
9780759524545 |

Descirption: Four women-four friends-share a determination to stop a killer who has been stalking newlyweds in San Francisco. Each one holds a piece of the puzzle: Lindsay Boxer is a homicide inspector in the San Francisco security officer Department, Claire Washburn is a medical examiner, Jill Bernhardt is an assistant D.A., and Cindy Thomas just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle.

But the usual procedures aren't bringing them any closer to stopping the killings. So these women form a Women's Murder Club to collaborate outside the box and pursue the case by sidestepping their bosses and giving one another a hand.

The four women develop intense bonds as they pursue a killer whose crimes have stunned an entire city. Working together, they track down the most terrifying and unexpected killer they have ever encountered-before a shocking conclusion in which everything they knew turns out to be devastatingly wrong.

Amazon.com Review
The Women's Murder Club pits four San Francisco women professionals against a serial killer who's stalking and murdering newlyweds in bestselling author James Patterson's newest thriller. Lindsay Boxer is a homicide inspector who's just gotten some very bad ne. She deals with it by immersing herself in her newest case and soliciting the personal as well as professional support of her closest friend, who happens to be the city's medical examiner. The two women, along with an ambitious and sympathetic reporter and an assistant DA, form an unlikely alliance, pooling their information and bypassing the chain of command in an engaging, suspenseful story whose gruesome setup is vintage Patterson.
"What is the worst thing anyone has ever done?" the killer muses to himself early in the narrative. "Am I capable of doing it? Do I have what it takes?" Answering his own question, he embarks on a murderous spree that takes him from the bridal suite in a Nob Hill hotel to a honeymoon destination in the Napa Valley and thence to a wedding reception at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Dispatching his victims on the happiest day of their lives, he purposefully leaves enough clues for his distaff trackers to discover his identity and put him behind bars. But just when the women think they've got the case all wrapped up, the killer turns the tables on them in a bloody denouement that even the most discerning reader won't see coming. Patterson, author of the popular Alex Cross mysteries, promises future adventures for the Women's Murder Club, which may give him an opportunity to develop his heroines' characters more completely and win new fans among those who prefer their detectives in high heels and lipstick. --Jane Adams

From Library Journal
Fans of Patterson (Along Came a Spider) will not be disappointed with his latest effort. A killer is murdering recently married couples, and security officer detective Lindsay is stumped. Off duty, she forms a murder club comprising three of her friends: an assistant district attorney, a nepaper reporter, and a coroner. The four women use everything at their disposal to figure out who the killer is before he can strike again. Their lead suspect is a world-famous writer whose plots resemble the murders. Deploying Patterson's usual short chapters, the book is exciting to the last page. One hopes that it is the first installment in what deserves to be a new series; Patterson should give Alex Cross a rest and concentrate on these four women instead. 1st to Die will air as a miniseries on NBC in May, so expect demand. For all public libraries.
- Jeff Ayers, Seattle P.L.
Copyright 2001 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Like Reply
[Image: zOn7SgrM_t.jpg]
Size : 540.38 KB |
English |
0446696633 |

Descirption: A brutal madman sprays bullets into a crowd of children leaving a San Francisco church. Miraculously-or was it intentionally?-only one person dies. Then an elderly black woman is hung. security officer homicide inspector Lindsay Boxer senses a connection and together with medical examiner Claire, assistant D. A. Jill, and Chronicle reporter Cindy, finds a link that sends a chill through the entire nation. This killer's motives are unspeakable.

A Main Selection of The Literary Guild®, of Book-of-the-Month Club®, of Doubleday Book Club®, and of The Mystery Guild®

Amazon.com Review
2nd Chance reconvenes the Women's Murder Club, four friends (a detective, a reporter, an assistant district attorney, and a medical examiner) who used their networking skills, feminine intuition, and professional wiles to solve a baffling series of murders in 1st to Die. This time, the murders of two African Americans, a little girl and an old woman, bear all the signs of a serial killer for Lindsay Boxer, newly promoted to lieutenant of San Francisco's homicide squad. But there's an odd detail she finds even more disturbing: both victims were related to city cops. A symbol glimpsed at both murder scenes leads to a racist hate group, but the taunting killer strikes again and again, leaving deliberate clues and eluding the security officer ever more cleverly. In the meantime, each of the women has a personal stake at risk--and the killer kno who they are.
2nd Chance speeds along at a Formula One pace through many tight curves, but unlike recent entries in the Alex Cross series, it doesn't sacrifice good characters to a twisted plot. Lindsay's the star, but there's a fine esprit de corps among the four women, who are even better developed here than in the first book. What makes them both convincing and interesting as a criminal-justice juggernaut is their willingness to stick their necks out, even if they suffer for it. If you haven't picked up a James Patterson novel in a while, this is a great time to start anew. --Barrie Trinkle

From Publishers Weekly
It's been a long time since we've seen a bestselling author of Patterson's clout credit an assistant author on the cover, and good for Patterson for that. The credit is deserved. This is Patterson's richest, most engaging novel since When the Wind Blo and, as the second in his Women's Murder Club series (after 1st to Die), yet more evidence that this prolific writer can roam beyond Alex Cross with style and success. Like all Pattersons, the narration mixes first and third person the first here is voiced, as before, by San Francisco homicide detective Lindsay Boxer, while the third-person sections cover the doings of the other three members of Boxer's informal club, a reporter, a pathologist and a prosecutor, as well as the villain's shenanigans. The basic story line is vintage Patterson, i.e., a serial killer (here, one known as Chimera) goes on a calculated rampage until stopped by the good guys or in this case, gals. As the victims a young girl shot dead, an elderly black woman hanged, two cops pile up, it becomes clear to Boxer and others that they're up against a racist who hates black cops; is the killer a cop himself? The story ripples with twists and some remarkably strong scenes, particularly Boxer's in-prison interview with a crazed con. But what makes this Patterson stand out above all is the textured storytelling arising from its focus on Boxer's personal issues. In the first novel, Patterson personalized Boxer by dealing with her rare blood disease; here, it's the emotionally powerful introduction of Boxer's long-lost father into her life that galvanizes the plot, particularly as Patterson ties the man into Chimera's rampage. Prime Patterson; first-rate entertainment. (On sale Mar. 4)Forecast: Patterson's name, major ad/promo and a 10-city author tour add up to #1; simultaneous Time Warner Audio and large-print edition.
Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc.

Like Reply
[Image: hOmpMXe9_t.jpg]
Size : 516.22 KB |
English |
9780759509092 |

Descirption: The #1 bestselling new mystery series of the past decade comes roaring back with 3rd Degree, a shockingly suspenseful thriller featuring the Women's Murder Club.

One of James Patterson's best loved heroines is about to die. Detective Lindsay Boxer is jogging along a beautiful San Francisco street when a fiery explosion rips through the neighborhood. A town house owned by an Internet millionaire is immediately engulfed in flames, and when Lindsay plunges inside to search for survivors, she finds three people dead. An infant who lived in the house cannot be found - and a mysterious message at the scene leaves Lindsay and the San Francisco security officer Department completely baffled.

Then a prominent businessman is found murdered under bizarre circumstances, with another mysterious message left behind by the killer. Lindsay asks her friends Claire Washburn of the medical examiner's office, Assistant D.A. Jill Bernhardt, and Chronicle reporter Cindy Thomas to help her figure out who is committing these murders-and why they are intent on killing someone every three days.

Even more terrifying, the killer has targeted one of the four friends who call themselves the Women's Murder Club.

Which one will it be?

While the investigation rages furiously, Lindsay works very closely with a federal officer assigned to the case. At the same time, she learns that one member of the Women's Murder Club is hiding a secret so dangerous and unbelievable that it could destroy them all.

From Publishers Weekly
From the start, Patterson's Women's Murder Club series (1st to Die; Second Chance) has felt like high-concept TV with a smart edge, featuring an appealing and reliable cast of four female crime busters (a cop, a prosecutor, a medical examiner, a reporter) who race along byzantine plot lines humming with blood and sex, romance and heartbreak. But Patterson is an author who will detonate readers' presumptions for the sake of story, and in the series' third installment, the prolific author, working with frequent collaborator Gross (The Jester, etc.), defies expectations in a shocking way. Readers will love him for it. San Francisco Homicide lieutenant Lindsay Boxer, who narrates most of the action, is jogging with assistant DA Jill Barnhardt when Lindsay notices two things: first, bruises on Jill's shoulder; then the explosion of a nearby townhouse, into which Lindsay rushes to save a child. With the juxtaposition of these two plotlines, Patterson jumpstarts this enjoyably convoluted tale. The townhouse, home to a greedy CEO and his family, was destroyed by members of a terrorist group calling itself "August Spies"; Lindsay's chase after the group, which commits further killings, brings her into close proximity to what promises to be a new series regular, Joe Molinari, deputy director of the Office of Homeland Security. Love blooms for Lindsay but, meanwhile, love has curdled at Jill's house, where Jill's husband is abusing her. Then comes the big surprise, and the story's remainder plays out at high emotion and warp speed. There's a calculated feel to all that happens, but clever manipulation of an audience serves Patterson as well as it served Hitchcock: his fans will only clamor for more.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Review
'Patterson kno where our deepest fears are buried... There's no stopping his imagination.' -- New York Times Book Review

Like Reply
[Image: R2bB5FNJ_t.jpg]
Size : 529.17 KB |
English |
0755349296 |

Descirption: A young girl is killed in the crossfire after a routine arrest goes terribly wrong, and Lt. Lindsay Boxer has to defend herself against a charge of security officer brutality. In a landmark trial that transfixes the nation, Lindsay fights to save her career and her sanity.
While awaiting trial, Lindsay escapes to the tranquility of the beautiful town of Half Moon Bay. But the peaceful community there is reeling from a string of unspeakable murders. Working with her friends in the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay finds a link between these killings and a case she worked on years before - an unsolved murder that has haunted her ever since. As summer comes into full swing, Lindsay battles for her life on two fronts: before a judge and jury as her trial comes to a climax and facing unknown adversaries who will do anything to keep her from the truth about the killings. It all comes to a head before the big annual 4th of July celebration on the waterfront at Half Moon Bay.

"Patterson kno where our deepest fears are buried. There's no stopping his imagination."
-New York Times Book Review

"Patterson's skill at building suspense is enviable." -Kansas City Star

"When it comes to constructing a harrowing plot, author James Patterson can turn a screw all right."
-New York Daily Ne

From Publishers Weekly
Mega-bestseller Patterson teams up with journalist/novelist Paetro for a rousing fourth installment of the Women's Murder Club series. This time, bright, tough SFPD Lt. Lindsay Boxer is battling security officer brutality charges while chasing down a clan of murderers. When a botched security officer arrest of two gun-toting minors expands from a shaky preliminary hearing to what promises to be a nerve-rattling jury trial of Lindsay, she flees the pre-trial media frenzy for the serene haven of sister Cat's house in Half Moon Bay. But instead of finding relaxation and romance with her Homeland Security beau, Lindsay becomes embroiled in the ruthless crimes of a troika of killers who've been slashing and flogging victims all over town. With surprisingly little aid from the Murder Club, Lindsay performs her detective handiwork (and steps on the toes of Half Moon's security officer chief). As more bodies surface, sketchy suspects like a smitten grease monkey and a slimy porn star emerge, then the murderous threesome set their sights on Lindsay. Back in San Francisco, Lindsay is acquitted; she then rushes back to Half Moon Bay to apprehend the elusive villains and put to rest her unresolved first homicide case as well. Heroic super-sleuthing, a steadily gripping plot line and 146 snappy chapters add up to suspense fiction euphoria for Patterson's legion of fans. (One-day laydown May 2)

From Booklist
After the explosive events of the third entry in the Women's Murder Club series, 3rd Degree (2004), which claimed the life of one of the members, it's understandable that the follow-up might be a bit of a letdown. But only a little. Patterson's characteristic brutal murders and elusive killers are present, keeping the stakes high. Lindsay Boxer, the security officer lieutenant who brought the club together, is taking some serious heat in this installment. After a car chase goes wrong, Lindsay is forced to shoot two killers after they wound her and her partner. The firefight leaves a 15-year-old girl dead and her 13-year-old brother paralyzed, making way for a security officer brutality lauit. Lindsay hides out in her sister's suburban house, where she hopes to escape the media circus surrounding her trial. But someone has been killing married couples in the upscale community, and the method greatly resembles a case from early in Lindsay's career, one that she was never able to close the book on. Even though the Women's Murder Club itself is consigned to the background, Lindsay's trial and the murders keep the pages turning. Kristine Huntley
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Like Reply
[Image: zZP5tSrL_t.jpg]
Size : 297.76 KB |
English |

Descirption: with Maxine Paetro
A terrible fire in a wealthy suburban home leaves a married couple dead and Detective Lindsay Boxer and her partner Rich Conklin searching for clues. And after California's golden boy, Michael Campion has been missing for a month, there finally seems to be a lead in his case--a very devastating lead. As fire after fire consume couples in wealthy, comfortable homes, Lindsay and the Murder Club must race to find the arsonists responsible and get to the bottom of Michael Campion's disappearance. But suddenly the fires are raging too close to home. Frightened for her life and torn between two men, Lindsay must find a way to solve the most daunting dilemmas she's ever faced--at work and at home.

Like Reply
[Image: 8aiXE821_t.jpg]
Size : 108.66 KB |

9781880418734 |

Descirption: SUMMARY:This 4,000 copy Limited Artist Edition is numbered and is signed by Michael Whelan. It is issued in a foil stamped slipcase. Published in a larger format than the Dark Tower series which enhances Michael Whelan's thirteen full color plates and overtwenty three black & white designs."The Man in Black fled across the desert and the Gunslinger followed." This is our introduction to Roland Deschain, the last Gunslinger, published by Donald M. Grant in THE DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER in 1982. Twenty years later Stephen King revised and expanded this volume. In his own words: "What I did want to do was to give newcomers to the tale of the Tower (and old readers who want to refresh their memories) a clearer start and a slightly easier entry into Roland's world. I also wanted them to have a volume that more effectively foreshadowed coming events.This volume contains that expanded version as well as the novella THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA which chronicles an earlier adventure of Roland's as he persued the Man in Black.

Like Reply