Romance The End of Restless Sleep- By Pinuram
Heart 
[Image: 9tw6HfDz_t.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
Chapter 1: Aphrodite in rain.

It was raining heavily outside. I sat in one corner of the classroom and tried to doze of
my tiredness by resting my head on the bench. I was tired after a hard day at job and
wanted to take some rest. My dizziness took me to a dark place full of weird creatures
hovering around me. In one hand I held a burning torch and in the other a huge sword. I
was trying to get rid of those creatures and find my way to a distant white light. The
more I walked towards the light more it faded away in the horizon. Suddenly I felt
someone touching my shoulders from behind. I looked back; there was no one except
those weird venomous and ugly creatures prying upon me. I started walking but I was
again felt the same knock on my shoulder.

I opened my eyes to find that Anirban was standing near me, tapping my shoulder. He
asked me whether I was feeling ok or not. I gave a pale smile to him and said that I was
having a headache. I looked around the class most of the students had left. I rubbed my
eyes and answered that I was feeling dizzy. He asked me that whether I want to have a
drink with him or not. I laughed at him and said that I was too tired to have a drink that
day.

We walked outside the computer-teaching centre. I had my motorcycle parked in one
corner of the bus-stand. It was dark outside and the heavens were pouring. The number
of buses in the rain-drenched streets of Kolkata had come down. Anirban and I lit a
cigarette and looked around the bus stand shed. A dog, coiled like a huge wire, was lying
nearby. Few people were standing at one corner and smoking. I saw Anoushka, standing
in one corner of the shed, trying to save herself from the torrential rain.

Anirban pointed at her and whispered to me “Hey bro, she is really a hot piece. I think
she is most sexy in our batch. She is definitely waiting for her boyfriend. Why don’t we
ask her to drop her at her place, what do you say?”

I could not stop laughing, “I do not think she will allow you to. Come on, it is only the
rain that is deterring her from going home.”

I looked at Anoushka; she gave me a helpless smile in return. By looking at her face, I
observed that she was feeling quiet uneasy as there were other prying eyes of the
bystanders devouring her sensuous beauty of twenty-two springs. She was trying to
cover her ripe youthful beauty with her scarf that was completely soaked.

I looked at Anirban; he was lewdly devouring her rain soaked beauty like a hungry
mongrel. I slapped on his head and deterred him to stare at her like that. I asked him
that whether he want to go home or not. He laughed at me and said that whether I
want to spend some time with her alone or not. I laughed at him and said that I would
go to home once my cigarette is finished. After sometime his bus arrived, he winked at
me and went away. I slowly walked towards my parked motorcycle.

I was about to start my bike when I noticed that Anoushka was striding towards me with
tender steps. There was a pleading smile on her face. She clasped her bag across her
chest.

“It is raining since evening and the bus service has gone thinner.” She said to me. I
looked at her face trying to fathom whether she was asking for a ride or not. She
continued, “I was waiting for someone and see the treacherous rain played a
spoilsport.” I smiled, so Anirban was right about her boyfriend.

“I can drop you at your place, if you want to.” I said her.

She gave a demurring smile, “No, no, I will wait for sometime more. Only one request, if
you could stay till he comes.”

I nodded my head and said to her that I would wait until the person for whom she was
waiting for, arrives. I signed her to stand under the shed and I unmounted my bike to
stand beside her. She stood close to me; her upper-arm was touching mine. I could feel
the warmth of her body that was very fast depleting due to the humid cold winds. She
felt a sense of relief while standing beside me. I was avoiding direct eye contact with
her. Both of us were silent for a while, lost in words as what to ask to whom.

She spoke first, might be out of courtesy, “Where do you live?”

“Near Dumdum airport. What about you?” I asked.

“Really, I also live nearby.” She looked at me; I observed a twinkle in her big black eyes
“What do you do?”

“I just finished my graduation in physics last year and I do a job at Camac Street.” I
answered her.

Her face glowed, “I am also in physics, final year of my graduation. So computers for
your job?

“Yes for professional enhancement, I suppose.” I answered her query. For some time we
both kept silent as if there was nothing more to talk about. She was frequently looking
at the road.

After sometime, a person arrived in a bike. Anoushka looked at me and then ran to the
person on the bike. I could sense a veiled anger in her eyes as she was scolding the
person. She mounted and gently bowed her head towards me, in gratitude. I bowed my
head in return. She waved at me and the bike zoomed away into the darkness.
[+] 8 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply
Chapter 2: Viscous Alliance. (#1)

Whenever Anoushka eyes met with mine, she used to give a sweet smile. Seldom there
were any words exchanged between us. She possessed an elegance, which attracted
many friends around her. From a distance, I cherished her beauty and frolic nature. On
the other hand, I kept to myself, surrounded by my haughty nature. Probably everyone
in the batch thought me as a snobbish person and I liked that. At least that close
guarded my solitary citadel.

It was not long that those courteous smiles turned into some friendly conversations.
That night I was hungry so I bought a patty from a nearby shop and was munching. I did
not notice that Anoushka was standing behind me watching me intently. She cleared her
throat to signal her presence. Her feminine fragrance snaked into my nasal cavity and
attacked my brain cells.

“Munching alone? Where is your friend, Anirban?” She asked me.

I was startled on hearing her voice. I stammered a bit, “Yeah. I did not have the time for
lunch and was hungry so I was grabbing a bite.” I looked around, in general, some of her
friends always surrounded her but at that time she was alone. I asked her, “So today no
one is with you?”

She gave a faint smile and shrugged her shoulder, “Nopes, may be they don’t like my
company.”

I laughed at her, “Who on earth would not like your company.” I lowered my voice, “I
think you are wrong. People are dying to get your attention.”

She sported a coquettish smile on her lips, “Really? I did not know that. Who on earth is
willing to die for.”

I was enjoying her smile and company. “Find some time to look at your back, you will
find a long line of bees hovering to get your attention.” I joked at her. I looked at the
road, expecting the bike rider to come and pick her up. Probably she fathomed as what I
was looking for.

“Why are you frequently looking at the road?” She asked me.

“Aha! I was looking forward for your two wheeled chariot and the warrior over it.” I
flirted.

She laughed at me and said, “My brother is not coming to-day to pick me up. I am
waiting for the bus.”

A huge relief got off my mind. I was in an impression that the person, who picks her up
every day, was her boyfriend. I observed that many buses passed but she was not
boarding. Finally, I asked her “It is not raining today. The buses are plying perfectly
normal and it is getting night. I think you should go home. Why have you not boarded
any of the bus?”

“Nothing. Is there any problem to stand here?” She smiled at me and said, “You are a
complete bore. I am going now.” She turned and walked towards the bus.
Suddenly I felt a small vacuum inside my chest. I called her “Anoushka, I can drop you if
you want.”

She ran towards me and sat on my pillion. A faint laugh lingered inside my head, how
many colours can a girl can show, I thought. May be she was just playing with me.

“Start now.” She held my shoulder and whispered in my ears. The bike raced into the
dark night, over the black pitch road. I looked up the sky, Kolkata is always humid and
during monsoon, the clouds do shower at anytime. The humid cold winds were blowing
around us. Through my shirt fabric, I felt her soft warmth on my back.

She shouted, cutting the roaring sound of the engine, “What does your name,
Budhaditya means? It is a real long name to call.”

“It denotes something from Vedic literature, that’s all I know nothing more. But why on
earth you are concerned about the meaning of my name?” I replied her.

“Just like that. Actually after calling your name, one has to look into the mirror to check
whether her teeth are ok or not.” She laughed heartily.

I joked at her, “Making a mockery of my name. Is that so? I will then stop my bike here
in the middle of the road and you have to go all alone to your house.”

She giggled “Come on, you are not going to leave a poor girl all alone here.”

The light-hearted conversation went on. I came to know that she was studying physics in
a nearby college and was looking forward to study masters. Most of the time I kept
quiet as she was babbling too much. In between the conversation, she was giving me
directions to her house.

She asked me to stop at a lane and said to me, “Leave me here. I can walk the rest
path.”

I stopped my bike and asked her that I could drop her in front of her home.
She joked at me, “No way. What will happen if the bee stung me?” I laughed at her,
slowly her facial expression turned serious, “Actually I have some problem. My father
will be furious if he notices me with someone. That’s the reason he sends my brother
every evening to the centre to pick me up. Today I told that I could commute alone, so
my brother did not come.”

I understood her handcuffed situation and said her not to worry. She asked me to ride
away but I insisted that until she reaches her house I would rather stand there for her.

She smiled and waved me, “Go now, I am ok. This much path I can walk alone."

That was the only day Anoushka rode on my pillion, after that day she did not asked for
lift. She always took the bus after the class, but she cared to stand with me for
sometime before getting on the bus. With each passing day, she seemed to be friendlier
with me. Anirban joked at time, asking as what was going between us. I joked back, that
Anoushka was a good friend of mine and nothing more. At times, I felt and invisible
magnetic attraction towards her. I suppressed those wild imaginations, hurling those to
the abyss. It was hard to imagine that someone can get attracted to a coarse rugged
boulder like me. I never asked about her personal life and she refrained from knocking
into my domain of silence. I felt that normalcy was entering my life again, which evaded
me for long, more than a decade of solitude.

It was not long that the cohesiveness grew strong, however there was a dark surprise
waiting for me. It was a preferably sunny day compared to the grey sky of the monsoon
season. I took a casual leave and went to Newmarket to buy something for my
Grandma. Out of the blue, I heard Anoushka calling me. I looked around but could not
find her and then I saw her walking towards me. She was accompanied with some
friends. She asked me as what was I doing in the market place? I told her the reason of
my shopping.

She laughed at me and said, “Don’t you have any friends with whom you can shop? You
came to buy things for your Grandma?”

I smiled back at her saying, “She is the only girlfriend left in this whole universe for me.”

While saying those words, I felt a pinching pain deep down my heart. I hid my
expression and sported a smile to ask her back that what she was doing there. She
should be in her college then.

She answered that she came with her friends to watch movie. She introduced me with
her friends and warned them that I was much older than they were so they should at
least show some respect to me. I laughed at her proposition and said her that no need
to show extra courtesy. I happen to observe a person amongst that group to be close to
Anoushka. She invited me to join them for the movie. A felt a tiny deterrence in my
path, I thought, it should not be there. Why on earth, I was feeling like that. I politely
refused her offer excusing that I had other jobs to finish. I observed a sigh of relief on
the face of the person standing close to her.

My refusal cast a slight gloom shadow on the moon I was beholding. Anoushka gave a
painful smile and said, “It would have been better if you could join us.”

All of them turned to go away. I looked at her passing. After walking few steps, she
paused a little, looked back and asked me, “Are you coming to the evening class or
not?”

I laughed and nodded my head, answered her that I would be present in the evening
class. I looked at them as she mingled with the crowd and went away. I took a deep
breath to understand clearly as what she happen to convey? I tried to assimilate that,
probably the boy standing next to her was not in a close relation with her.

I made her promise that I would be present at the class. For some unknown reason she
kept evading me for the whole time. Whenever I tried to make an eye contact, she shied
away her eyes. Anirban asked me at one point that was I feeling bit perturbed by some
reason or not. I felt not to answer his query.

After the class was over, Anirban and I was smoking cigarette. I observed that Anoushka
was waiting for me at some distance. I was eager to fend Anirban as soon as possible
but he was nonstop in his nonsense babble. I was getting anxious to meet her, so I said
to him bit loudly that if he can give me a treat in a nearby sweet shop. I knew very well
that a miser like Anirban would not prefer to shed bucks. I looked at her, trying to
fathom whether she has heard or not. I saw her smile that ascertained me that she
grasped my intention.

Anoushka strode towards me as soon as he left. I felt a sleek anger in her eyes that
deterred me to look directly in her eyes. She asked me “You can come to class but not to
go with movie with me? What made you do so?”

“Oh! That is the reason of your fury. See I have a job and I thought that why to disturb
your gathering. I was unknown to all of them that would make your friends
uncomfortable, right?” I answered her.

Without any notice, she sat on the pillion and looked at me, “Take me home, will you.
And try to make this sure that you are my friend, I would have felt more comfortable if
you were around.”

While moving I answered her, “You were with your friends, you should respect their
feelings also.”

She gave a gloomy smile, “Friends, huh. It was I who was paying for their tickets, not
them.” She took a deep breath, “At least, I hope Samudra would be different.” So at last
the curtain was clear, the name of the person in her life was Samudra. I prefer not to ask
her about her relationship with Samudra. She kept on saying, “I heard people go extra
miles for their friends, aren’t they? However, the people surrounding me most know me
by my heavy purse. I don’t feel I have many friends, rather I have a bunch of batch
mates and college-mates.”

I listened her every words, those words showed a new dimension of the frolic Anoushka.
I felt her clutch gone strong on my shoulder. She went mute after that, I felt her soft
warmth on my back.
Like Reply
In the vibration of the bike and roaring surrounding sounds, I was unable to fathom
whether her eyes were deluded or not. For the rest of the journey we both kept silent.

We reached near her place; she got down from the pillion. I looked at her face; the tip of
her nose was red. I smiled at her and said, “Don’t try to deluge those beautiful eyes so
easily for such cheap reasons. Come on cheer up, I am sure you will get fast friends in
your life.”

She came close to me and asked me, “Hey I have to ask one thing from you.” I felt my
heart leapt out to my throat. She smiled at my alarmed expression, “I am not asking for
your life. I just want to ask that, Budhaditya is a very long name, can I call you Adi?”

I was very much relieved on hearing that, only my Grandma calls me in that name. I
smiled at her and gave my consent. I asked her as what her mom calls her.

“Is that a barter system?” She smiled at me and said, “You can call me Titli. I have
another thing to ask from you, your contact number, hope you don’t mind.”

I wrote my telephone number in a piece of paper. She kept that in her purse and said to
me “I will give you my number but don’t call me. I do not give my number to any person
because of my father. I will call you, definitely.” Saying that she walked away. I looked at
her as she trotted away gently from me, waving her palms before entering her house. I
looked up the sky took a deep breath and prayed to God, “Don’t do this to me.”

Days passed to weeks, the cohesion between us grew substantial. Although we could
not spend much time with each other but, those thirty minutes when she rode on my
pillion to her home was the happiest moment of life.

One day after I dropped her at her place, she asked me as what I do in the weekend. I
told her that I goto meet my grandma in the village every weekend.

She smiled at me and said, “Do you have to meet her every weekend? We go to our
maternal uncle’s house only once or twice in a year. Can’t you spare one weekend for
me? I and my friends are going to a movie and I want you to come.”

“Sorry dear, she is the most precious person in my life and she is about eighty. I am
sorry, Titli, I can’t. Don’t worry; I will take you to some good restaurant on your
birthday. When is that?” I asked her.

She giggled back and slapped her forehead coyly, “So long wait, it is in fifteenth
November. By the way, when is yours?”

I laughed at her and said her that mine was also in late March. She asked me that what I
would be doing during the puja. I told her that probably I would be with my Grandma or
if there were any plans then I would have a trip to some place.

Her face became bit gloom, “So your calendar is already full. No time for friends? What
about your parents, don’t you spend weekend with them?”

I felt bit agitated by her last words. I consoled myself that she was unaware of my past. I
looked up the sky; the endless black curtain was getting darker with each passing
second. I sensed that the time was running very fast, she might face problems at her
house, so I told her “Titli it is getting late, you better go now.”

She gave a naughty smile, “Adi, one day I will wring out time from your busy schedule.”

Then she slowly walked away, leaving me perplexed with her words.

From the deepest point of my heart, I wanted her to be happy. In a very futile corner, I
also knew that she would not be a happy person if she binds herself with me. I lost the
solace of my life long ago.
Like Reply
Chapter 3: Moist Curtains. (#1)

Usually I reach my maternal uncle’s house by Friday night, however on that Saturday I
had some office work so I arrived late evening. I was sure that my grandma was in her
puja room offering puja. My maternal aunt, Sudha Mami, greeted me. I asked her that
whether grandma was furious or not. She laughed at me and said that she was waiting
for me since afternoon. I pleaded her and told her the reason of my late coming. I knew
that my maternal uncle, Narendra Mama, was at his shop. He has a big shop of clothes
in the market near the highway. I sat beside her and asked her about Debadideb, my
cousin brother, who got married last year and was staying in Durgapur.

I walked upstairs to my grandma’s puja room. She was reading some religious books. I
looked at my octogenarian beauty, bedecked in milky white cotton sari, head full of
white locks tied in a neat bun behind. In the light of the earthen lamp, she was looking
like a peaceful angel. My eyes were moistened by a sudden flow of devotion. I was a
corpse; she breathed her soul into me. Cautiously I crept and sat beside her side.

She got startled held by my ears and scolded, “So you now got time to visit me? What
on earth happened to you yesterday?” I pleaded her to leave my ears. I embraced her
and said her reason. She looked at my face and ruffled my hair. She asked about my
well-beings. Although I have to give her the same answers every weekend but I never
felt tired of that.

We walked in her room. I looked at the picture of my mother on the wall. Her smiling
face brought me in tears; she left me for the heavenly abode when I was a year short of
my school-final exams. She was very beautiful and caring. She was vocal when I was sent
to hostel at a very tender age. After the demise of my beloved mother, I never had a
permanent address to live in.

Grandma asked me to sit beside her. She looked at the hanging picture of my mother
and said to me “I have a news for you. I don’t know whether it is good or bad.”

I felt a long silence engulfing my mind and soul was she having some health problem,
was she going to leave me like my mother? I knew that humans are mortal but the mere
thought shook every tentacles of my brain. I gave a frightening look at her.

“Biswajeet wants to meet you. He called your uncle last Wednesday and was asking
about your whereabouts. He did not give your address to him, so Biswajeet left his
telephone number and his address with your uncle.” Her words felt like molten lava
being poured in my ears. I clenched my teeth while hearing the mere name of my
father. He evaded his duty for long; he was never there when I wanted him the most. He
left me at my Grandma’s place and never looked back. He washed his hands from taking
my responsibility by handing over some amount. What on earth, does he want from me
after a decade? Grandma ruffled my hair, “You have grown up and now you are doing a
job. For long, I have guarded you with every ounce of my flesh. My bones are cracking,
let me go now.”

Tears were flowing from her eyes. I felt a burning sensation in my eyes my vision was
deluged. I embraced her with all my might so as not leave her ever, “Don’t dare to leave
me Grandma.”

She wiped her eyes and said, “Next year you will be twenty seven, I want to see my
grand-daughter-in-laws face before I sleep.”

I gave her a naughty smile, “How do you expect someone to take my heart when there
is already a beautiful angel like you.” I took her hand in mine and kissed.

The very next evening when I was returning to Kolkata, grandma asked me whether I
would meet my father or not. I looked up the dark evening sky, nodded my head that I
would like to confront him.

I was hesitant in the beginning whether I should make a call or not. The address was of
Dhanbad, ICL colony. One night my mother’s smiling face appeared before my eyes, I
got the courage to face the person who evaded from his responsibility. I picked up the
receiver and dialled the number.

There was a female voice on the other end “Hello, who is this?”

I took a deep breath; I felt a lull before the approaching tempest. In an ice-cold voice I
answered, “I want to speak to Mr. Biswajeet Gosh.”

The voice on the other end again asked for the reason. I kept quiet for some time and
then asked her, “May I know with whom am I talking to?”

The voice on the other end sounded perturbed, “Is this a joke at this point of night?”
“Tell him, Mr. Bappaditya Gosh wants to speak with him.” I answered in an ice-cold
tone.

There was a long silence on the both the ends. After some time I heard my father’s voice
after a decade. I forgot my vocabulary as what to answer. I tried to gather myself and
asked him about his health. I sensed a shadow of pain in his voice. He requested me to
visit him. I was practically lost and was very much perturbed by his invitation. I took a
deep breath and prepared myself for the forthcoming encounter.

After that day, I was very much disturbed. I was unable to concentrate in my work
properly. Titli sensed my agitation and asked the reason of that. Very aptly, I dodged her
inquisitions and presented her some excuse. Her facial expression told me that she was
not satisfied by my answer. Since she was an intelligent woman, she refrained herself
from putting further queries on me.

On an early Saturday morning, I boarded the train to Dhanbad. With each passing
minute, I felt an agonising pain inside me parallel to that pain I felt a tinge of disgust as
why I was going to meet him. By noon, I was in-front of the door of the said address.

A lady in her early thirties opened the door. From her suave dressing sense and graceful
physique, I tried to muster up her relation with my father. She smiled at me and ushered
me in. She asked me to sit down. I looked around the huge palatial house. My father
was in a senior position in ICL. I looked on the walls bedecked with some beautiful
paintings.

The moment I saw him entering the drawing room, I turned into a stone effigy. We both
lost our vocabulary for some time. My throat went dry, ears burned and eyes were
pouring fiery lava. I gained my senses when he touched my shoulder and asked me as
how I was doing.

I gave a painful smile at him and answered in mocking tone, “It took a decade for you to
ask this question to me, isn’t it.”

Father answered, “I am sorry for whatever happened in the past. After your mother’s
demise, the work pressure took a heavy toll on me. I was afraid of taking any
responsibility other than my work. Speaking from the bottom of my heart, I desperately
wanted to climb the ladder of success.” He paused for a moment for a breath, “I came
to know that you are doing a job.”

“By the grace of Almighty and my grandma I am doing fine.” I looked at him and then
asked “May I know the reason what made you remember me after such a long period?”
He looked behind; I saw that the lady was standing there with a tray full of edibles and
tea. He gestured her to come. After she kept the tray on the centre-table, she stood
behind my father.

Father introduced her, “She is Nilanjana, she is .....” The image in front of me explained
everything. I stopped him in the mid sentence and gently bowed my head in courtesy.

He smiled at me, “A naughty ghost is also there.” He looked towards Nilanjana and then
said to me “Probably he is playing in the backyard.” The psychedelic canvas of his happy
family burnt my soul to the core.

On the dining table, I came to know the main reason of his remembrance. He had a
stroke few months back. He wanted to see me and refurbish the waned away bridge
between us. He wanted to give a part of his property to me. Without any words, I
listened all his pleas and requests. I felt that my hunger was gone.

I observed that Nilanjana did not joined us on the table, rather was serving the food,
instead of the servants.

He asked me stopover for the night. I denied his request politely. I felt his pain, dripping
from his eyes. He asked for my telephone number and address. I felt that I should at
least provide him with that. I sensed that my presence would strike a bashful stroke on
his beautiful canvas. It would have been better to step aside.

“My car will drop you. I will also come along with you.” My father stammered.

I looked at my watch said, “No need, the train leaves in few hours. This much path, I can
also walk alone.”

For the first time, I heard Nilanjana to speak to me, “I would have been glad if you could
stay tonight.”

I smiled at her and said, “Actually Madam, I can’t sleep without my favourite pillow and I
forgot to bring that.”

After finishing that sentence, I walked away without looking back. For the whole return
journey, I felt lost and dejected once again. For a whole decade, I consoled and pulled
up myself that I had no father and then all of a sudden he arrives and create ripples in
my life.

I closed my moist eyes, my beloved mom consoled me and said, “Keep faith in me, I am
here.”
[+] 11 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply
All the best ddey333❤❤❤
[+] 1 user Likes Baban's post
Like Reply
Superb nice story continue
[+] 1 user Likes Saikarthik's post
Like Reply
(20-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Saikarthik Wrote: Superb nice story continue

Yes, it was my most favorite story in Xossip .... a masterpiece from the legendary Pinuram Namaskar

thanks
[+] 1 user Likes ddey333's post
Like Reply
Chapter 4: Time extortion. (#1)

For first few days, I confined myself in my solitary cell. I avoided talking much with any
friends, even Titli. After the computer classes, I used to make lame excuses to her. I was
afraid that she might fathom my wanderer life style and dark past. Anirban noticed that
and asked me the reason. Somehow, I avoided him also. Grandma asked me to gather
myself up.

Titli caught me one day before the class started, “Are you avoiding me for some reason?
No, no, tell me directly, I won’t mind.”

Her angry eyes melted away all those dark clouds. I laughed at her, “Why on earth
should I avoid you? I am grateful to have such a beautiful friend.

She sat beside me, “Then why are you not talking to me?”

I put up a big grin on my face, “See, I am showing my teeth, now you are happy?”
“So giving me a lift after the class?” she asked. I bowed my head and said, “Sure
Madam.”

On the way return, she told me that her final exams were coming near. The dates are
before the Durga Puja. I assured her that since she was a good student, she would fair
well in her exams. She asked me whether I would be able to help her in her studies. I
said to her that, I do not have much time for myself so how come I could help her. I used
to return home late after my job and the classes. On every weekend I had visit my
grandma also.

She feigned angst, “You don’t have time for me.”

“I don’t have time for myself, Titli, try to understand. Moreover, do joint study with your
friends rather than me. That will help you a lot.” I tried to dissuade her. I knew that my
words hurt her.

Our semester was ending and the days of her exams were near. She asked me a favour
to wait for before joining the next final semester of the course. I assured her that I
would wait for her. She was happy after I gave her my word.

After the semester was over, there was no more nagging Titli. I felt a void in my daily
routine but that waned away as I persuaded my heart that she was just a friend and I
should not encourage any advances from either side.

The rain clouds were dissipating slowly. One night it was drizzling, I was alone in my two
room flat, watching television. Late was the hour and the phone rang. She made an
unexpected call.

“Slept already? Had your dinner? What did you had? Are you alone in the room? What
are you doing?” she started showering rapid-fire queries.

“Titli, titli, will you let me talk or you will babble alone. You have not slept until now?
And how come you found time to call me?” I asked her.

“No, no. I am all ears for you. Today, dad is not at home, so I found time to call you. So
what are you doing?” she asked.

“Preparing to goto bed.” I answered.

“It is raining outside.” She giggled, “I would love to dance in the rain but my exams are
from next week. You don’t love rain I suppose. How can a rugged person like you knows
what is rain?” I knew that she was teasing me.

“You have completed your studies?” I scolded her “Study girl, study hard.”

“You are a real boring person. Keep the phone.” She got annoyed and cut the line.

I could not sleep properly that night. Whenever I closed my eyes, I dreamt her smiling
face in front of me. I sat on the bed and told to myself, “Do not encourage any advance,
Budhaditya. You are not a match for her. She is beautiful, suave, rich and her parents
will not allow you to come near her. She is of higher caste than yours and her parents
will not allow their daughter’s unwanted hankers.”

For a whole month, there was no nagging of Titli around me. At times, when I used to
return home after office, I felt the void on my pillion. I smiled and thwarted away those
dreamy thoughts.

Spring thwarted monsoon clouds. There were tufts of white clouds floating under the
curtain of navy blue sky. The fresh air smelt of Puja approaching. The ambience of the
streets of Kolkata was gaining momentum with each passing day. People were busy in
shopping. While returning from office, every day I had to face huge jams in the streets. I
looked up the sky; my mom’s beautiful eyes were showering her blessings on me.

Grandma requested me to take her to Haridwar and Hrishikesh during that Durga Puja.
Every weekend grandma pestered for my marriage and in some pretext or another, I
avoided confronting her queries.

One day she asked me, “Are you in love with some one?”

“Not at all, Grandma. No one will marry such a rugged heartless fellow. You know very
well that I don’t have those inside me.” I tried to make excuses.

Her prying eyes sensed that something was wrong; she kept on pestering me with her
queries. At last I had to break the ice that, I had a very good friend, Anoushka Bannerjee.

Grandma asked me the problems. I explained the problems at her end and I told her
that I would rather remain unmarried for the rest of my life. I did not want to bind any
person’s fate with my ill fate.

She listened to me and then said, “Adi, I don’t know about afterlife, I don’t even believe
in rebirth also. Make the most of your life; be clear in your heart, all that I can say.”
I assured her that I would tread cautiously in the murky waters of the river.

On that day, I just returned from office. As soon as I entered my house, the phone rang.
It was Titli’s voice on the other end, “What are you doing? Can you come at Hathibagan,
I am in a problem.”

I was about to ask her regarding her problems, but she disconnected the phone. I was
afraid and without thinking of anything, I started for the place. For whole time, I was
praying that some worst should not happen with her.

The place was a market place and even she did not tell me as where she would wait. I
thought it would be best to wait near the crossing. I parked my bike and stood there
anxiously. My eager eyes were trying to find her in the midst of the huge crowd; Durga
Puja was coming near.

I got startled as I heard a giggle from backside. I looked only to find that Titli was
standing there along with three girls, they were her college friends. She was laughing on
beholding my anxious face.

“What happened? I knew that you would wait here. This is the only place that is bit less
crowded.” She said to me.

“What is your problem?” I asked her.

“Who told you I have problem.” She was sporting a naughty smile on her lips.

After a long time I was meeting her. She was looking very beautiful in her silhouette
hugging sleeveless kurta and salwar. A small blue dot graced between her brows. Her
red lips was glistening, seemed to be soaked in honey. Her rosy cheeks seem to beckon
me for a tiny peck. Her hair was weaved in a long braid. I felt a hypnotic halo
surrounding her. The night-lights felt slippery on her creamy complexion. In the yellow
streetlights, she appeared like a nymph. My vision was riveted on her enchanting
beauty; I forgot time.

She gently nudged me by my arm “What happened? Can we go?

I looked around; all her friends were staring at me. I asked her again “Why have you
called me?”

She whispered, “For shopping, what else? Come on, start walking we are getting late.”
She looked at her friends and asked them to walk. “You know all of them. You met them
at Newmarket.”

I could not speak for a moment; I could not find words as to explain the feelings in my
heart. I was trying to get away from her yet I kept on bouncing on her frequently.

I asked her, “Your parents know that you have come for shopping?”

She nodded her head, “Yes Adi, I am not a liar. I told them that I was going out for
shopping with my friends.” She was walking very close to me; her arms were brushing
on mine. Due to the huge crowd, I held her by her upper arm to guard her. She looked
at me and whispered, “That’s the reason I called you. I feel safe when you are around
me.” Her eyes sparkled as she said those words to me.

I lowered my voice to ask her, “Titli, you did shopping before with your friends even
when I was not present.”

She got bit annoyed, “You don’t want to come with me, then just let me go.”

I felt that the sweet damsel could get angry; I did not want to mar her Puja shopping. I
nodded my head and assured her that everything was ok she could carry on her
shopping. Shopping with ladies during Puja is real tough situation for me. I rather refrain
myself from going out in the crowd but I had to. At times, I looked at her, I wanted to go
away from her but I was unable to do so. Some force was attracting me towards her
relentlessly.

“Why didn’t you contact me for a month?” she asked.

“You asked me not to call you, remember?” I answered.

“Oh! Do you know that where there is a will there is a way.” She looked deeply in my
eyes “Basically you did not had that will to call me. Tell me frankly.” That was the actual
reason for not calling her. I was perplexed on hearing that from her. She gave me a
naughty smile, “I told you that I will wring out your time for me.

Her last words made me laugh. “What are you going to buy?” I asked her.

“What do you like?” She asked me.

“Every kind of dress suits you. I would rather love traditional attire for you.” I said to
her.

“You did not call me for your shopping?” She pinched me.

I laughed at her, “I don’t like shopping in huge crowd. Whatever I had to buy, I prepare
that advance. I don’t barge into shops like you and rummage the whole shop for a small
scarf.”

“So you don’t like. You are such a boring person.” She hissed at me. She entered in a
huge garment store “Ok now choose something for me.”

I scratched my head, which was an uphill task for me. Never in my whole life I had the
experience of going out for shopping with any girl. I looked at her perplexed.

“What?” she exclaimed at me “Aren’t you going to present me something for the Puja?”
“Titli, you choose, I will pay.” I pleaded her.

She kept on imploring me, “Please, please, please.” I looked at her and assured her that
I would buy her some dress. She and her other two friends went to the counter for
choosing dress. I stood behind watching her.

“Hi” One of her friend named Parineeta came near me and asked me, “What do you
do?”

She was a dusky in complexion; her build was voluptuous she possessed a striking
feature of oozing sensuality in her small yet inviting eyes. I answered her that I was in a
job. I asked her about her exams and so and so forth our conversation went on.
With the corner of my eye, I kept a careful watch on Titli. She was an apt danseuse
during her college days and was attached with a renowned dancing troupe of Kolkata.

Her regular dancing practice keeps her in well-proportioned frame in a perfect shape
possessing a figure to die for.

She asked me, “Do you like Anoushka?” the query came as a jolt to me. My brows
constricted on hearing her words, I gave a sharp look at her. She laughed at me, “Don’t
give me that look, I just want to know, that’s all. I asked Anoushka about you but she did
not say anything.”

I was even not clear about our relation, all I wanted to have a good friend nothing more.
I looked at Titli; she was busy in choosing her dress. She was glancing at me at-times,
checking on me. I nodded my head, “We are good friends.”

She smiled on hearing my answer, “Hmmm.... Her father is very strict about her having
any boyfriend. None of our male classmates ever tread near her house. Her father is in a
good position in a Calcutta port trust.”

I nodded my head to convey that I was well aware of those facts and then I asked her,
“By the way who is Samudra?”

She gave an inquisitive look, “Do you know him?” I nodded my head to say that I didn’t.

She explained me that Samudra was their batch mate in college. Anoushka was not at all
interested as Samudra’s nature made her angry. I preferred not to ask further about
that.

“Come here” Titli shouted at me. I walked by her side, she showed a violet coloured
dress she has chosen for her “How is this?”

I nodded my head to express my acknowledgement.

“Just like that? Say something, good or bad.” She almost barked at me.

I laughed and closed my eyes, tried to imagine Titli in that dress, violet sleeveless kurta
and tight salwar. The colour would suit very well against her skin, “Yes it will be a good
one. Take that.” I asked the person at the counter regarding the price of the dress.

“Are you going to pay?” she asked.

“Yes definitely, how can I make my best friend sad?” I smiled and paid for that dress.

Time was flowing very fast, I asked Titli whether there would be any problem at her
house or not. She assured me that her parents know that she was out with her friends.

She has the permission to reach home late. I asked her to give a look at her watch, as it
was half-past nine.

She exclaimed on hearing the time, “Oh! No I have to return.” She looked at her friends
had some farewell girly chitchat. I stood at a distance and watched her chirping like
sparrow.

I shouted at her, “Titli, it is getting late, come on we have to go.”

She looked at me, “Coming, just wait” and then waved at her friends, bidding them
farewell.

She jumped on the pillion of my bike, held me by my waist tightly, and rested her chin
on my right shoulder. I felt her delicate frame melting on my back. Previously whenever
she used to sit on the pillion, she used to hold by shoulder just to support her from
falling. I clenched my teeth to suppress my feelings but at the same time enjoyed her
touch on me. I felt her warm breath on my nape. The temperature of my nape rose as
her soft cheek brushing on my nape. Her embrace tightened around my waist as I
slapped the accelerator. She was quiet for long time, probably enjoying her freedom.

We reached the entrance of the lane that lead to her house. She asked me after getting
down from the bike, “What are you doing during Puja?”

I answered her, “I have to take my Grandma for a trip to Haridwar and Hrishikesh.”

A gloom shadow overcast her beautiful face, “The next semester is going to start on first
of November, be there at the centre on that date.”

“Ok, don’t worry about that, I will be there.” I answered. I was unable to stand her
gloomy expression on her face. I felt a huge wave to culminate near my throat, I love
you Anoushka. But those words never came to my lips, I blankly stared to the dark
Prussian blue sky studded with millions of stars. Time flew; each passing second seemed
to be a year to me. She still stood near my bike waiting to say something.

After sometime she coughed and spoke in a bit shaky tone, “Ok, good night.”

I felt like crying my heart out, Don’t go Titli, I love you. I smiled at her and nodded my
head.

Still she stood there. I looked deeply in her big eyes and was about to say something. I
felt her eager expression to hear those unspoken words, from me.

“Do you want to say something?” she asked me.

“No, Go home, your parents might be waiting for you.” I started the bike.

Her voice shook a little, “Good night” those beautiful eyes were glistening. She stood
there as I rode into darkness.

I knew that it was better not to commit anything. Probably we both knew that our
relation could not take the next step due to her family pressure and my dark past. I was
unable to sleep that night. For the whole night, I kept on thinking about my poor fate,
her barrier. I knew she would not cross that barrier, as she was a timid and lovely
person. She would not go against her parents in any case.
Like Reply
Chapter 5: Thunders in blue sky.

I took grandma for the trip. We returned few days after Durga puja. After returning, I
joined my work place. Every evening whenever I returned, I used to stop by the bus
stand near her house. I bore a faint hope that I might see her somewhere. I did not have
the courage to make a call to her house. Every moment seemed to be very void to me. I
missed her on the pillion of my bike, I missed her touch on my back and I missed her
sweet smile.

One evening when I was taking dinner, Grandma asked me as why I was so absent
minded. I tried to avoid her question by answering that I had some problems in my job.

“That is not the truth, Adi. Your eyes are depicting pain. You have not spoken to
Anoushka for a long time, right?” She asked me.

It was hard to conceal pain from my beloved grandma’s eyes; I was caught red-handed. I
nodded my head that she was right.

She ruffled my hair and smiled, “I want to meet her and can you bring her here?”

“Grandma that is not possible in a thousand years. Her father is very strict person and
very closely guards his dignity and prestige.” I tried to persuade her in a calm voice.

She asked me, “Have you spoken to her about your feelings yet?”

“No grandma” I said in a low voice, “We both know that our future is unsure.”

She shook her head, “Hmm... We all live in society and the higher up you are in the
society, higher is your risk to lose your dignity. Her father fears that what the society will
say about. I can understand that very well.”

“What can I do?” I asked her.

She expressed her dismay, “If you both stay near to each other then there will be only
pain and nothing else. You have to go away from Kolkata, Adi. Out of sight out of mind. I
will speak with Deb to find you a job in Durgapur.”

“So you mean that I leave you, again?” I gave a painful look at her “I can sacrifice
thousands of such love for you.”

She soothed my hair and persuaded me, “Adi, try to understand. I may be here for
another year or so, you have started your life. You have to make your choice now. You
have to be strong enough to brace the fact that you are going to lose her or you have to
be strong enough to face his father. In both the case, you have to show your courage.
Choose your path wisely, Adi.”

That night was painful for me. I was unable to sleep for the whole night and kept tossing
on the bed. I kept on creating permutations and combinations of our relation and our
future.

I knew from the bottom of my heart that she loves me but due to her father’s adamant
nature she abstained from expressing her heart. I was quiet sure that she was aware
that the same turbulence was abstaining me from saying those three words to her. At
last, I made up my mind to leave Kolkata.

Few days after that I left my grandma at my maternal uncle’s house. I was in the office, I
received a call from my uncle, and he sounded very upset. From his hello sound, I got
the picture clear as crystal in my head, that my grandma was no more in this world. I
was unable to move for few minutes. With clenched teeth, I controlled myself. I drove
as fast as I can with my snivelled eyes.

On reaching my uncle’s house, I saw my grandma, draped in a milky white cloth, lying on
the ground. The whole world shook in front of my eyes. The last straw, who could bind
me, was no more with me. I sat beside her; my eyes were burning in agony and
frustration. I knew that humans are mortal yet I questioned myself as why she had to
leave me. No one dreaded to console me or say anything to me, as everyone knew that I
was the apple of her eye. There was no tear in my eyes, only pure black vacuum filled
my soul. With clenched teeth I sat there motionless. My blank gaze was riveted on the
peaceful sleeping face of my grandma. No noise of the surrounding people was able to
enter my ears.

The sun was approaching the west horizon. Debadideb came to me and said that, “Adi,
wake up. We have to take away Grandma.” I gave a cold vacuous stare at him. He
looked helplessly at his parents and then said to me, “Adi, I am helpless.”

I nodded my head and bent down on her face to kiss her forehead for one last time. Still
I was unable to come in terms that she was no more. No more soothing palm to ruffle
my hair, no more jiggery and honey, no more mango milkshakes. I felt that all sweetness
of my life was taken away.

People came, started to wrap her in cloth, and tied her on a bed. I stood up from her
side and looked around. They took away my grandma. With staggering steps I walked
towards my bike and started it.

Every pair of snivelled eyes was staring at me, unable to understand as what I was going
to do. Even I was not sure as what I was doing.

Debadideb ran towards me and asked, “What are you doing? Are not you coming with
us?”

My eyes were dry; I clenched my teeth and said in an ice cold voice, “I do not think that
if I go with grandma then she would hug me. I lit my mother’s pyre, when I should be
resting on her lap. I won’t be able to stand there and watch my precious being pushed in
the electric chimney. Everything is finished for me, Deb. I am tired and I want to go
home.”

I did not bother to look behind and ride away from there. The reasons of my sleepless
nights kept on increasing.

Chapter 6: Trough in alliance.

My grandma’s demise hurled me into abyss. Seldom I spoke or smiled. Debadideb called
me and asked me whether I was coming in the funeral function or not. I answered that I
have lost the reason to visit my uncle’s house, all the threads tied with them was lost,
first my mother then my grandmother. He said that, before passing away, grandma
asked him to find a job for me at Durgapur. I answered that if he can then I would be
grateful to him. He assured that he would look for a job and asked me to pull myself up.

I smiled painfully and said to him that I was free then, at last all the straws around me
has gone away and then I could take a deep dive into abyss. He said that, he and his wife
would visit me.

Within few days, I pulled myself up. One fine morning, I found myself very much
rejuvenated. I felt the soft winter breeze on my face. I took a deep breath of the cold
breeze and said to myself that I have to get up and start all over again. I made up my
mind that I would go away from the city that took away my mother and grandma. I had
to go away for the sake of that beautiful butterfly towards which I was getting attracted.

I made up my mind that whatever comes, I would refrain myself from coming near her
again. I had to feign a fight with her, which would be the most painful in my life.
I had to complete what I started, so on the particular day I was there in the centre for
enrolling myself for the final semester. I observed that Titli was waiting anxiously for me
at the gate.

I observed that her curvaceous frame was draped in a brilliant blue coloured sari and
short blouse. The dark colour made a beautiful contrast against her creamy complexion.

Her face was radiant, she sported a beautiful smile on seeing me. She walked towards
me slowly and stood beside me. I forgot all my promises that I made to myself.

I returned a soft smile and asked her, “How are you? What about your result?”

Her feminine fragrance was maddening along with her smile. “I am doing fine and I have
got admission in M.Sc.”

“Good to hear that, I am really happy.” I answered.

“Why you are looking bit down today?” she looked deeply into my eyes.

I thought I was able to overcome all my pains, I didn’t know that still those eyes bore
some marks of affliction. I answered her in a cold voice, “My grandma passed away last
week.”

My words brought tears in her eyes. She almost shrieked, “What? I wanted to meet
her?”

My grandma also wanted to meet with Titli; probably it was not the choice of fate. I said
her, “I am fine, Titli. I have pulled myself up from that and I don’t want to hurl myself in
more pain.”

She was unable to understand as what I meant. She looked deeply in my eyes, “There is
something else in your eyes. You are a hard nut to crack, Adi.” I was not in a mood to
carry on the conversation. She pulled me by my shirt and said, “Come on, drop me
home.”

I did not bring my bike intentionally on that day because I knew that she would ask for a
ride, her touch would melt my agonising conflicting heart and I might commit what I
should not commit. I said to her, “I have not brought my bike. You have to go alone.”

She gave me a perplexed look and asked, “What? I have to go alone? Can’t we take a
taxi?”

I feigned a bad headache, “No Titli, you have to go alone. I am not feeling well today.”
the real ache was wringing my soul.
She smiled and said, “Ok don’t worry, we go to any medical shop to buy some medicine,
then we take a taxi and you drop me home.”

Why can’t you understand Titli? I was about to shout at her, but her ever-smiling lips
and sparkle of her eyes refrained me from doing so. I gave a faint smile and obeyed her.
I kept to myself for the whole ride. She kept on bubbling about how she spent her Puja
holidays with her friends. I gave occasional smiles at her.

“Next week is my birthday and you are coming to my house.” She commanded me as if I
was hers.

“Is that a request or invitation?” I gave a futile smile.

She gave me a stern smiling look, “No, it is neither a request nor invitation, it is my
command and you are going to obey.”

“I will try.” I answered although I knew that I would not be attending her birthday.

“No try, I want you at me place. I have called all of my classmates and friends. There
won’t be any problem.” She said to me.

I made her a false promise, “Ok I promise that I will be there.”

I could make up from her face that she was very happy to be with me after a long
absence and she was happy to hear that I would be there at her birthday.

On that designated day, I restrained myself very hard to make a call to her house to wish
her. I came home in the evening with a bottle of alcohol. After a couple of years, I was
drinking again. I sat on the bed and poured the drink in a glass. All I was able to hear
Anoushka’s voice as few glasses went down my throat. The walls were cowering over
me and vehemently abusing me for being an ill-fated soul. I tried to drown those words
as I poured more drink down my throat. I could fathom the future, I would propose her,
she would be overjoyed, her father would be the hindrance and the result would be a
pair of bloody soul. I made up my mind that I would not go to her birthday party at her
house.

It was late at night the sound of the phone bell shattered the crowded silence around
me.

“Hello..” I stammered.

“What are you doing at home? Why haven’t you come at my birthday?” Titli sounded
very hurt.

My tongue felt dry, I stammered, “Why on earth, should I be present at your birthday?”

“You know why you should be present.” I imagined that her eyes were glistening as her
voice was bit choked. She queried me, “Are you drinking?”

I hissed at her, “Yes I am. You know it very well that our relation cannot materialise due
to your fathers stern nature. So stop playing with me Anoushka.” First time in months, I
called her in proper name.

“Budhaditya, I HATE YOU.” She shouted on the other end and kept the phone.

I pressed the receiver on my chest and looked up the ceiling. Her last words echoed in
the cavern of my ears for long time, “Budhaditya I hate you.” The walls and the windows
also started to voice the same, “Budhaditya I hate you.” I closed my eyes and Titli’s
beautiful deluged eyes were floating in front of me, she whispered in my ears, “I HATE
YOU ADI for hurting me and I hate myself for coming close to you. I do not have the
right to have a good friend like you. Please forgive me.”
Like Reply
Chapter 7: Perfect harmony.(#1)

Winter knocked on the door and covered the city with her harsh charms. Days turned to
weeks. That small act of insanity hurled our cohesion into void space. Titli used to come
to class as usual. Whenever I tried to look at her, she used to turn her face and talk to
someone else. I observed the pain of severance was burning deep in her heart. I knew
we had chosen the right path. Her pains against me would be a boon for both of us in
turn. At least the breakup wont hurt our lives and hurl us in abyss of doom.

In the meantime, Debadideb informed me that once I complete my course, I would get
some job at his place. I was happy to know that my days were numbered to face Titli’s
tearful eyes.

Weeks turned to months and a new year dawned. The distance between us widened but
no one around us was aware, as most of the fellow students knew nothing of our
previous cohesion. Every evening I used to return in my bike and she used to take taxi to
return home after class. Cold wintery nights brought painful reminiscences flooding in
my mind. Sometimes I dreamt of my beloved mother cuddling me in her lap, sometimes
I dreamt of my beloved grandma and her soothing palm on my head. All my loved ones
standing around my bed anxiously waiting for me to sleep but the cruelty of fate did not
allowed me to sleep peacefully.

The winter gave way for the autumn to step in. The winds were getting warmer day by
day and the humidity in the air of Kolkata was rising again. Cool breeze kept the climate
cool during the nighttime. Along with the humid warm air, there was evident fragrance
of a void. We never exchanged a single word for about hundred days.

That Saturday noon we had an extra class in the centre. That day I was not on bike for
some reason. After the classes were over, I stood at the bus-stand waiting for my bus to
arrive. I noticed that Titli was standing at the bus-stand along with her friends. I was
unable to understand why on that day she was waiting for the bus, she always take taxi.

I kept on smoking my cigarette. She gave few glances at me with the corner of her eyes.

She knew very well that I was watching her intently. Her face was red due to the hot sun
overhead and few strands of her snaky locks were dangling on her cheek.

A bus arrived which was less crowded. Her friends went away and she was still standing.

Rich girl, I laughed at her, always has to board taxi. She gave a piercing glance at me and
then stepped forward to cross the road. A speeding bike came from the opposite
direction and braked just before hitting her. She was taken by surprise and sprained her
left ankle.

Suddenly my grandma whispered in my ears, “Adi, why are you standing here? How can
you watch your love crying in pain in front of you? You are the apple of my eye, Adi. Go
and win her heart, win her father’s heart. Take one step at a time, you have my
blessing.” Her invisible hands pushed me.

I ran towards her and put my arms behind her before she could fall down. She was
frightened as who held her, she looked at my face, a flash of anger sparked through. The
rider got down from the bike and expressed his remorse for being rash. I shouted at him
for driving so rashly.

Titli was unable to stand properly, yet she pushed me away. I looked at her burning
eyes; her gaze was piercing my soul to the core. She was almost in tears due to her pain.

I kneeled down at her feet and gently massaged her ankle to ease her pain.

She hissed at me, “Don’t dare to touch me. I don’t want your help, leave me alone.” She
kicked me to free her ankle but I held her calf tightly and massaged her ankle gently to
ease her pain. She shouted at me, “Leave me alone. I don’t need your help; I can take a
taxi and go home.”

I left her ankle and stood up. She tried to walk but limped badly due to the pain. I put
my hand on the small of her back and supported her. She looked back at me as I
touched her. Her eyes were about to spill the beads of pearl.

I was having an intense pain in my soul after noticing the glistening eyes. “Titli, you are
not able to stand properly, how come you will go home.” I asked her in a very calm
voice. I waved at a taxi to stop. I looked at her and asked whether she would be able to
walk or not.

She gave me a stern gaze and tried to limp towards the taxi. I shook my head, silly girl. I
took her on my lap and carried her to the taxi. She resisted at first but my strong arms
around her, restrained her from doing so.

Once inside, she looked at me with her tearful eyes. Those depicted a painful tale. I took
her left leg on my lap and gently massaged her ankle. She tried to resist at first but I held
her calf tightly. I asked myself as what was happening with me. I was losing myself to
her.

I looked at her with hazy gaze and asked, “Feeling some respite, now?”

She looked at me with tearful eyes and slapped hard across my face. My cheek burnt,
probably I needed that. She sobbed, “Don’t try to show your attitude to me?” She
mocked me, “Feeling some respite now? I am no one to you so why do you care for
me?”

“I am sorry, I don’t know, Titli.” My voice was choked.

She shouted at me, “Why don’t you go away from my life? Why don’t you let me sleep
peacefully?”

I mumbled my apology to her, “I am sorry Titli, please forgive me for what happened.”

She slapped on my other cheek. “Forgive you after ruining my life? No, never.” She kept
on pouring ire vehemently, “You don’t know what I had gone through. I won’t forgive
you in my life time.”

“Ok don’t forgive me, but don’t shed those pearls please?” I tried to touch her cheek.

She bit her lower lips to control her tears as the pearl drops trickled down her cheeks.

Her voice choked, “Forgive an idiot like you is my fate. My dad is going to kill me now.”

She looked outside the window. On the curve of her cheek, I observed large droplets of
tears trickle continuously. I kept on massaging her ankle gently for quiet sometime. I
was unable to stand before her snivelled eyes. After sometime, I said to her, “Parineeta
called me few days after your birthday.”

She wiped her tears and looked at me, “I told her to call you.”

“Why? What happened at your house? Your dad told you something?” I asked her.

She gently nodded her head, “I was very upset on that day. After everyone left, I locked
myself in my room. My father figured out something and he warned me. I had a fight
with him telling him that he was making things up in his wild imagination. My mom
intervened and pacified my dad. She then asked me the reason of my depression. I told
her that I was upset because my best friend was not there.”

I smiled at her, “So did you cried that day?”

She snapped at me, “I will slap you hard. Did you cried? No, I did not, why should I cry
for a coward idiot like you?” We both laughed.

I looked deeply in her eyes, “So we are good friends.” My hand was still on her ankle, I
pinched her calf gently “How are you feeling now, fine?”

She blushed purple and brought her gaze down, her ears turned red, “Will you stop
touching my ankle like that, Adi?”

Hearing my name again on those sweet lips, felt as honey to me. I said, “Ok, I won’t
touch you but don’t be mad at me like that.” The hard ice started melting between us.
She touched my cheek and asked, “Did I hurt you very much?” I pressed her palm on my
cheek and kissed her fingers gently.

She muttered, “You are a very hard nut to crack, Adi. I feel sometimes that you are a
total stranger to me and I do not know who you are, I don’t know why you have come in
my life?”

I said to her, “So you don’t know me? Shall I get down from the taxi then?”

She slapped playfully on my hand, “Don’t tease me. I am truly speaking that you are a
very hazy character.”

I nodded my head, “Ok, so you want to know about me. I am five feet eight inches tall,
few days short of turning twenty-seven and I live in a two room flat at Dumdum. I do a
job at camac street and all my student life I spent in hostels. Most important thing is
that, you have the faith upon me to keep your leg on my lap till now.”

She laughed heartily; her pearly teeth sparkled through those rose petals, “Very
effective description. I will consider your application.”

We reached near her place. I asked her whether she would be able to walk to her house
or not.

She barked at me, “What do you think of yourself? You carried me without my consent
to the taxi and then never left my leg. Now you are asking me whether you can go from
here or not? I am unable to walk.”

“Titli, think again.” I said in a calm voice.

She said, “Don’t worry Adi, dad is not at home only my mother is. Come on.”

She kept her arm on my shoulder as I helped her inside the house. A maidservant came
running on seeing her in that condition. Titli was limping with my arm around her waist.

The maid stood there perplexed for some time and then called for Titli’s mother.

I looked around the drawing room; it seemed that everything was bloating. I helped Titli
to sit on the sofa. I wondered how come she was so friendly with a person like me.

Her mother entered and was frightened to see her with sprained ankle. She gave me an
anxious look. I waved at her and assured her that nothing much has happened. I bowed
down to touch her feet.

She smiled and placed her hand on my head. She asked “You must be Budhaditya,
right?” I nodded at her.

She was an elegant lady, yet her nature and the smile she wore was very much motherly
and down to the earth. I was then able to understand as what made Titli so different
from others.

Her mother sat beside her and asked me, “How did this happen?” Titli told her the
whole story as how the bike rushed how she sprained her ankle and how I brought her
home. She said that she was fine and her pain was dissipating.

She smiled at her and said, “Yes I should not worry much about you. You have now
grown up.”

Titli sat beside her mom with her arms around her neck. Aunt was gently rubbing her
soothing palm over her head. I enjoyed the beautiful canvas of a loving mother caring
her beautiful daughter.

I asked their permission to leave but aunt requested to have lunch with them. She said
to me that I visited their house for the very first time so I should at least have
something. Aunt asked me whether I would like to have some tea or not. I nodded to
express that I would like to have some.

Titli got up from the sofa, smiled at me and said to her mother, “I am going to the
kitchen.”

I observed that her mom’s face was enlightened, “Are you sure? Tell the maid servant
she will prepare.”

Titli paid no heed at her words. She walked away with a slight limp and smile on her lips.
After she left us alone, aunt asked me, “What do you do?”

“I did my graduation in physics from Narendrapur RK Mission College and then I joined
in an electrical consultancy firm. I am planning to change my field after completing this
computer course.” I answered her.

She took a deep breath and said to me “Titli wants to be a teacher after completing her
Masters. She pestered us to get her admitted to that course so as to keep up with the
time.”

I nodded my head, “I know that very well, Auntie. She is intelligent and silly at the same
time.”

She looked at my face and kept quiet for some time. I was unable to fathom as what
was running inside her head. She smiled and asked me, “How do you know all these
about, Titli?”

Very aptly, I answered, “It is evident Auntie, she is doing Masters and also learning the
latest technologies hand in hand. That shows her intelligence.”

I turned away the course of the conversation by asking about her son, Titli’s brother.
She told me that, Arunavo just appeared for higher secondary exams, results were
waiting. He was very naughty and he was not at home.

She said to me, “Next time you visit our house, I am not going to leave you without
having lunch.”

I smiled at her, “Provided you are cooking. I don’t want antacid in my dessert.”

She laughed heartily upon hearing, “Don’t worry, you tell me what do you want in lunch
and I will cook for you.”

I smiled at her and said, “Even if you prepare sukto (a Bengali dish) that will be sweet. I
will relish whatever you prepare. But don’t forget to pass some of your culinary
knowledge to your mirthful daughter.”

She smiled but after few moments her smile vanished, “Sometimes I worry too much
about her future. She is jolly and makes friends so easily.” Motherly concern was
dripping from her voice.

I persuaded her, “Don’t worry auntie. Actually she is very diplomatic and knows her
acquaintances very well. She may have lots of friends but does not rely on people too
easily.”

She smiled and looked directly in my eyes, “Really? I did not know that she was
diplomatic. I think you are very much cognizant with her.”

My face became red as if I was caught red handed. Did I mess up things on the very first
day? I queried myself repeatedly. Was it necessary to tell all those to her mother? I
thought.

Titli entered the room with two cups. Aunt smiled at me and then looked at her
daughter. She teased her, “You don’t prepare tea for us and today you prepared three
cups?”

“Mom, don’t say that. I do cook food sometimes.” She looked at me and said, “Don’t
pay heed to my mom. I do know how to cook and all.”

I teased her, “And after having your food, you do serve antacid as dessert.”

She cried out, “I will slap you now.”

Auntie smiled at her and asked, “How is your ankle?”

She smiled and said, “Much less pain, I can walk now.”

Auntie looked at both of us and answered, “Yes I can see that your pain is gone.” Her
cheeks turned pink, she was unable to look in her mother’s eyes.

After finishing the tea, I asked their permission to leave. I asked Titli to take care of her
ankle. She gestured that she would call me at night. I shook my head and warned her
not to put herself in unwanted tension.

She called at night and was beaming with sparkles in her voice, “What did you told to
mom? She was beaming with praises about you.”

“Really” I exclaimed “I told her that you are a stupid, silly and insane girl.”

She cursed me, “And you are a boring, immature rascal.”

She kept on babbling as how she felt in past months when we were just exchanging fiery
glances at each other. I listened her every words, occasionally saying some single
syllables as she was nonstop babbling. I understood that neither of us would be able to
live apart from each other.

I took a deep breath, filled my lungs with air and said to myself, let’s see what happens
Budhaditya. Hurl yourself forward with open arms embrace the unknown future that is
knocking at your doorstep. You have your grandma’s blessings with you.

Next day evening I found her at the centre. I was astonished to see her there. I asked
her whether her ankle was fine or not. She smiled and replied that she will live with
pain. I gently slapped on the back of her head and teased her. For the whole time, she
sat close to me. Arms brushing over the other; fingers touching at times; sparks flying all
over our arms. Her face was glowing like a full moon, I was happy to her smiling face.

After the class, I observed that she was a total different person altogether. She was
chirping with her friends and laughing. She was in a jubilant mood. I waited for her at a
distance, watching her frolic nature.

Anirban came near me and whispered in my ears, “What happened, dude? Everything
settled?”

I laughed at him and shook my head, “Nothing is settled dude, and the picture is still
hazy.”

“No man.” He pointed at Titli, “She is quiet different today. You are one hell lucky
dude.” I laughed at him.

I looked at my watch; time was running fast so I called Titli and informed her that it was
getting late. She came near me and said that she was not bothered since I was with her.

For the whole of the return journey, she sat on the pillion glued on my back. I felt her
soft warm frame creating tingling sensation all over my body. She kept quiet for the
whole journey, probably flying in a newfound bliss and enjoying the flight.

From the next day, our cohesion grew as usual. Every evening after classes, it was my
pleasure to drop her at her place. Time was passing very fast and I was eagerly waiting
for the final call. Even without saying those words, we knew from the depth of our heart
about our mutual sentiments. I knew that I had to take the step and she was not the
issue. I knew that there would be commotion in her house regarding the matter and I
prepared myself to encounter any kind of forthcoming wrangle.

One night, Debadideb called me to inform that he has looked for a job in Durgapur. I
told him that I was not in the mood to leave Kolkata. He was confused and asked me
whether I was seeing someone or not. I laughed at him. We were never very close with
each other still he was my only cousin brother I could call for something. I told him
nothing about Titli, made some excuse to avoid his queries.

It was last week of March. There was no class on that day so there was no meeting with
Titli also. That night I received a much-unexpected call from a much unexpected person
of whom I was unable to think in thousands of years. It was a female voice on the other
end and that was not of Titli.

“Hello, Budhaditya how are you?” she asked me. I was unable to recognise her voice on
the phone so I asked her as who she was.

I heard her laugh, “You don’t recognise my voice? Happy birthday, Budhaditya.”

I myself forgot my birthday usually grandma used to be at my place on every birthday,
on that day I was alone so I was unable to make that my birthday was on the next day. I
was perplexed that who the hell on the earth could remember my birth day. Only three
persons in my life would celebrate my birthday. Two of them left me for heavenly abode
and the voice was not of my damsel. I asked her, “Sorry, I am unable to recognise you,
Madam.”

“I am the person whom you probably hate most in the world.” I heard her laughing, on
the other end.

I was dumbfounded as if a bolt fell upon me; I was able to assume that the voice was of
Nilanjana Madam. For few moments, I was unable to come to terms that she called me
to wish on my birthday.

I chewed my words, “Madam, I thank you for wishing.” I was unable to say anything.
“Wont you say anything to me? I know you might be very angry upon me. Am I right?”

She kept on saying, “I want to meet you and tell you everything before you judge me.” I
was speechless by her guts that she called me even after knowing everything. As if,
someone poured burning amber on my frame. “So you are not going to forgive us, right?
Good night.”

After she kept the phone, I cursed her for digging out the dark past and pains out of the
grave. I was unable to sleep, I kept on tossing in bed; I was helpless and filled with
severe angst. The lady took away my father from me and she called me to express her
compliments.

It was about midnight and I was tossing in my bed when I received a call from Titli.

“Hello” Titli sounded very excited, “What are you doing?”

“I was about to goto bed.” I answered her.

“You can forget my birthday but I can’t. Happy birthday.” She was in a vibrant mood.

All my grieves were thwarted by her sweet voice. My eyes filled with tears on hearing
her wish. I could not speak for few seconds and then I expressed my thanks to her.

She probably fathomed my ache, “Why are you sounding so gloom? Where are aunt and
uncle?”

I concealed the truth and answered that they were doing fine, I was missing my
grandmother.

“Tomorrow no classes, I want to give you a treat.” She sounded very excited.

I asked her, “You want to give me treat, but it is the other way round, dear.”

She mocked at me, “Come on, Adi, does that matter who gives treat to whom? Pick me
up from my college by five in the evening and then I will tell where to go.”

I laughed, “I will obey every word of yours, don’t worry.”

“Sleep tight and don’t be restless.” she joked and kept the phone. I felt rejuvenated with
a vibrant energy.

Next day, I took off early from my office and reached her college. On the way, I entered
a jewellery shop and bought a pair of rose shaped gold earring for her. I knew her choice
of jewelleries that she likes to wear; most of them were fancy but sophisticated. Seldom
had she worn any gold jewellery, but I thought that that would attract her.

As I reached, I saw her waiting for me along with Parineeta and her friends. She was
looking stunning in a knee length, navy blue skirt and a white frilled shirt. Her lips were
pink and cheeks were rosy. Her well-toned calves covered in black nylon stockings, with
high heels on. Silky hair came down in waves, bouncing below her shoulder. Her
sophisticated and elegant nature was dripping from every pores of her fair skin. I was
unable to make whether it was my birthday or hers. I noticed that Parineeta whispered
something in her ears and she smiled at me. She waved to her friends and then slowly
walked towards me. She held a brown leather file-cover across her chest that added an
extra grace in her looks.

“Hi handsome, come on lets go.” She sat on the pillion, “Drive to the Outram Ghat.
There is an ice-cream parlour.”

I teased her, “Are you going to kill someone in this bewitching attire?”

“Oh!” she mocked me, “Yes definitely, today is very special. My boyfriend is going to
take me out today. Want to meet him?” she tickled my stomach, “Now drive quickly
before my boyfriend goes away.”

I laughed at her, “Silly girl, you are making me wild.”

The time we reached the ice-cream parlour, the sun was already over the west horizon.
The water of River Ganges became red with the fading light of the day. The lights of the
second hoogly bridge were shining dimly. The cold breeze was blowing from the river
igniting the sparks of passion inside me.

We sat on a table on the second floor facing the wide glass window opening to the river.
She sat on my left, embracing my arm tightly by both hands. She rested her head on my
left shoulder and looked to the river through the big glass window. I looked at her face;
her eyes were sleepy, dreaming about some unknown horizon. I felt a deep urge to held
her in my arms and kiss her beautiful lips.

I rubbed my nose on her head, took a deep breath of her sweet feminine fragrance and
whispered in her ears, “Dreaming about someone, Honey.” I lowered my voice and said,
“I want to say something to you.”

She held my left arm tightly, rubbed her cheeks on the round of my shoulder and
whispered, “Don’t say a word, Adi, please. I want to enjoy the excitement that has
inundated me to the core. I feel goose bumps all over my skin by the mere thought of
that precious moment.”

“Ok, as you wish.” I was also floating in bliss along with the beautiful nymph.
She said to me after quiet sometime, “Say something, why are we so quiet.”

I laughed at her, “Once you ask me to keep quiet and then you ask me to talk. Am I a
tape recorder that you can switch-off and switch-on as you wish?”

She gave a veiled angry look at me and said, “Yes you are my tape recorder and now
talk.” She looked around and we noticed that few others were also looking at us. I knew
that she was making everyone to skip a heartbeat by her stunning suave attire.

“Have you been on the boat ever?” I asked her pointing to the boats floating on the
river.

She laughed loudly and then whispered in my ears, “You want to goto the boat? Do you
know what all happens in those boat after sundown?”

I was unaware as what could happen in those boats. For me, people could go for a trip
on the Ganges in those simple boats. I shook my head.

She explained to me in a low voice, “After sundown, prostitutes flock the banks. Cheap
people make out in those boats and couples who want to enjoy cheaply make out in
those boats.”

I was taken aback by her words. She nodded at me, “Don’t look at me like that. I will
show you while returning.”

I took out the small box that contained the earring and placed it on her hand. She
opened the box and looked deeply in my eyes. Her eyes dazzled, “What is this?”

I asked her, “Do you like it? I want to make up for the lost birthday that I was unable to
attend.”

Her face glowed, her eyes glistened and she bit her lower lips, “You are a real stupid
person, Adi. You thought that you need to impress me with some expensive gift, did
you?”

“Nah!” I exclaimed at her, “I never thought in such manner, Titli. I just got that on the
footpath dear.”

She smiled and took out those earrings, “I see that, you know my choice very well.” She
then wore those on her earlobes.

I nodded at her, “I had to, milady. Else I would be in trouble in future.” We both laughed
heartily.

Time flew past like tempest. Before we could soak ourselves in mutual bliss, it was dark
outside. I said to her that we should leave for home. She pleaded me that she wants to
sit for some more time. I persuaded her that I would take her out some day but she was
reluctant. Virtually I had to pull her up from that place because I knew that if she returns
late then there would be a huge storm in her house.

She smiled at me and took out two packets from her bag. I asked her as what it was. She
said pointing to a small packet, “In this I have made a cake for you, I am not sure how it
would be. So I was afraid to give you before.”

I joked at her, “That means if I die then I die alone.”

She suddenly put her fingers on my lips, “Don’t say that.” Her fingers felt like cream
being smeared on my lips. Gently I took her hand and kissed her on the fingers, she
shuddered as my wet tongue traced her middle finger. She moaned, “What are you
doing? Everyone is looking at us. Leave my fingers, scoundrel.” she freed her hand and
scolded me, “Have I gave you the consent yet?” I felt bit ashamed on my sudden
behaviour.

She pointed to the other packet and said, “There is a book, SathKahan by Samaresh
Majumder. I know that you love to read novels. Therefore, I bought that for you. I am
not rich as you, I do not earn. Although I get huge pocket money but I did not want to
buy present for you from those.” Her voice fluttered a bit “I received scholarship from
my dad’s office after higher-secondary exams. I saved that for three years to buy
present for the person who will make me feel like real butterfly.”

I was overwhelmed by her gesture. I forgot that we were in an ice-cream parlour. I
pulled her by her hand, made her to stand between my legs. I threw my arms around
her narrow waist and looked in her eyes. She was smiling and same time her eyelids
were moist. She kept her arms on my shoulder and looked deeply into my eyes, “Don’t
look at me like that, I will melt in your arms.”

That day was probably one of the best evenings that I spend in a long time. That day
probably was the best birthday I ever rejoiced in a long time.
[+] 10 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply
awesome bhai .
[+] 1 user Likes hotguydelhi_sidharth's post
Like Reply
Bhai update ?
[+] 1 user Likes raja05's post
Like Reply
Chapter 8: Flight of butterfly. (#1)

We kept on pushing the precious moment of voicing the words of ardour. We both were
relishing the excitement of the game of attraction. The time approached for the
semester to end. The summer poured its burning amber from the sky, yet those harsh
sunrays was unable to subdue our meetings.

On the last day of the semester when I dropped Titli at her place, I told her that I would
take her out. She was very excited, I did not confide as where I would take her.

“When we will be going?” she asked me.

I was also not sure as where I would take her so I told, “I am not sure as of now.”

She threw her arms in the air and jumped, “I would love to ride with you for eternity. I
would love to feel the breeze caressing my hair and face.”

I said to her, “You need to have some plan for that. Tell your parents that you will be
going somewhere after college and you might come late.”

“So are we planning for some long drive?” excitement was dripping from all over her
frame.

“I don’t know, let us ride and see where the road ends. I promised you that I would
spend an entire day with you. The day has come, Titli.” I said to her.

“Uff... I am having goose bumps.” She took my hand and placed on her cheek, “Are you
trying to elope with me?” she gave me a teasing look, “I am not going to run away with
such a boring person.”

“Naughty siren.” I gently patted on her cheek, “On Friday I will take an off from office
and pick you sharp at nine o’clock from the college. And don’t wear such sophisticated
dress in this scorching humid summer.”

She nodded, “Ok, ok. I will obey every word of yours.”

On the designated date, I arrived at Titli’s college at college street. She was waiting
there for me alone; I tiptoed behind her and waited. She was anxiously waiting for me,
looking at her watch repeatedly and looking at the road. Her slender frame was
wrapped well in a light pink sari, her smooth arms glowing in the summer sun. Her face
was red and there were sweat beads all over her forehead. She tied her long tresses in a
bun. Repeatedly she was removing the lock dancing on her right cheek. I devoured her
beauty and enjoyed her anxiety for some time.

I gently knocked her shoulder and whispered in her ears “Waiting for someone?”

She got startled and then started beating me, “Why you kept me waiting for so long, you
scoundrel? I am sweating badly.”

I put my left arm on the small of her back and said that I was waiting behind her
devouring her charms to my heart content. Her face was already red due to the sun,
upon hearing my words she blushed very sweetly. I wiped a drop of sweat from her
nose and asked her to sit on the bike. She held my left arm and came close to my chest,
her face expressed that she was sailing in an ocean of bliss.

“Where are we going?” she asked me as we hit the road towards the Victoria Memorial.
She embraced my waist tightly and glued on my back. I felt her soft bosom melting on
my back. She pressed her cheek on my nape. Those sensations took me to the seventh
heaven of ecstasy.

I said to her, “We will take the Diamond Harbour Road and then let us see where the
road takes.”

She expressed bit angst on hearing the name of the place, “I am not going to Diamond
Harbour.”

I asked her, “Why?”

She answered, “Don’t you know the reason?” I shook my head. She said, “Couples go to
Diamond Harbour, book hotel rooms for doing all kind of nasty acts.”

I laughed at her, “Titli, you mean young couples go there to have sex.”

She shouted at me and gently slapped on my chest, “You rascal you knew all these. I am
not going with you. Stop the bike.”

I teased her, “Come on, Titli, sometime you will experience that also.” I was enjoying her
butterfly-feelings. I knew very well that she does not love discuss about sex in open,
actually before that we never discussed anything regarding that subject. I teased her
again, “Titli, I am sure that you have some fantasies deep down your heart, waiting to
get unfolded.”

She bit my nape and screamed, “Adi, will you stop. I won’t talk to you.” She began
tickling me on my chest. I felt difficulty in driving my bike but I kept of teasing her as her
soft fingers were igniting a passionate sensation all over my frame.

She rubbed her nose on my nape and then whispered, “I love to be cuddled and
caressed. I want you to hold me in your arms and just caress me all over. I want to feel
your fingers tracing every corners and curves of my body.” After saying that she hid her
face on the curve of my right shoulder. I was unable to see her facial expression but I
imagined that her face might have turned pink by then. She was breathing heavily on my
shoulder and I was enjoying those moment of her demureness.

We both kept silent floating in the winds as I raced the bike towards an unknown
destination. Her palms were grazing on my chest, caressing my muscle over my shirt.
She pressed her soft lips on my nape, lashed out her tongue and traced on the salty skin.
I trembled on the touch of her wet tongue-tip. I was getting restless by her sensuous
touches. I helplessly writhed and tried to concentrate on the road. She started biting my
nape gently, leaving teeth marks all over. She whispered in my ears, “You were being
naughty, now how is this?”

I was unable to take more; I screamed softly, “Please don’t do this, Titli. I am unable to
drive.”

She mocked me, “When I asked you to stop asking me all those, then did you stop? Now
it is my turn to tease you.”

“Ok do you want to hear my fantasies?” I asked her.

She screamed, “No Adi, no.”

I scolded her softly, “Then sit quietly, else I will be vocal in my wild fantasies.”

She embraced me tightly in her arms and whispered, “Ok, dear. I will be a good girl as of
now.”

I asked her, “Tell me, how you managed to steal time?”

She giggled, “Meticulous planning my dear. I told my mom that I would be staying at
Parineeta’s house at night. So don’t worry about being late, but you should drop me at
her place by ten o’clock. Sunday is her birthday; she has invited both of us.”

“Brilliant lady.” I said to her “And Parineeta knows that you are going out with me.”
She said, “Yes she knows.

“What was her reaction? What did she said to you?” I asked her.

She teased me, “She gave me a devilish smile and warned me from you. Probably she
knew that you are a devil in a sheepskin. Only I was unaware of that fact.”

We reached Diamond Harbour by noon. The burning sun was pouring scorching rays
over us.

I looked at Titli; her face was red, partially due to sun and partially due to the
conversation. She slapped me without looking into my eyes. I put my arm around her
shoulder to pacify her.

I asked a passerby as where the road leads. The person answered that the roads leads to
Kakdwip a place far away from Diamond Harbour. I looked at Titli over my shoulder and
gestured her whether she would like to stop there or move along the unknown road.
She expressed that she would love to sit on my pillion until the sun goes down the west
horizon.

“Ok as my milady commands.” I started the bike along the road.

After a long drive we reached the place. I looked around; there were only few dingy
shops and nothing else. The road ended on the bank of River Ganges.

I pointed to the road and said to Titli, “The road ends here, Titli.” She was astonished to
find the truth. I asked her, “What now?”

She got down and looked around, there was a small island due to the sediments, and
she pointed to that island and said, “Can we go there?”

I nodded my head, “Probably we can. I have to ask the boat for that.”

“Adi, I am hungry and thirsty.” She pleaded. I could fathom her tiredness due to long
four-hour drive, I felt sorry for her. Her face was red and the due to drive under the
scorching sun, we both were sweating profusely.

We entered a dingy eatery. I said to her, “Madam, there is no star hotels or restaurants
here. You have to eat in these road side shops.

She gave me a sweet smile in spite of fatigue, “I am ready to stay wherever you are
going to keep me. Don’t worry about me rather I am worried about you.”

After sometime, we rented a boat to take us tom the other side of the bank. She held
me tightly as the boat was undulating very much.

I asked her, “Do you want to do a titanic scene here? See the wide river and a small
boat, perfect ambience for a Caprio and Winslet scene.”

She screamed at me, “Have you gone mad? I don’t know swimming, do you?”

I shook my head, as I was also not a good swimmer. She scolded me as how
irresponsible I can be to take her on a small boat, she expressed her fear that if the boat
capsize then what would happen. I embraced her tightly and assured her that nothing
like that would ever happen.

We walked to the bank of the river; the river was so wide that we were unable to see
the other bank properly. There were some huge container ships floating. She asked me
as where they were going. I said, probably there was some port nearby to which they
were sailing.

We sat on the bank on the green grass. She rested her head on my left shoulder looked
out to the infinite horizon. The sky kissing the sea and it was difficult to demarcate as
where the sky ended.

She pointed out to some seagulls flying overhead and said, “They are very happy, they
can go from any place to another without having any restriction.”

I asked her, “Are you not happy?”

“Yes I am, Adi, but there is still a long way to go.” She sounded bit distressful. She
looked at me and said, “My dad, you have to talk to my dad. I respect him very much
and don’t break my heart, Adi.”

I pressed my lips on her forehead and said, “Hey silly girl, I will definitely talk to Mr.
Bannerjee and keep faith that all will be ok. What about Aunt? What is her reaction?”
She looked at me, “My mom won’t have any problem but the main problem is that none
of us have much say in the house in-front of my father. You have to persuade my
father.” She paused for a little, rubbed her nose on mine, and asked “How about aunt
and uncle? Do they know about us?”

My eyes glistened; I smiled at her “I have told my mom about you, and she is happy with
what makes me happy. As for my dad, he does not care as what I do.”

She gave me an inquisitive look, “You never talked about your parents. Why so? Every
time you avoided me, whenever I asked about them?”

The sun was going down the west horizon. The river water slowly turned orange,
mingled in the rays of the drowning sun. A faint pain of losing another day cramped my
heart. From a deep corner of my heart, someone whispered to me, “Adi time has come,
you need to tell her about you.”

“My mom is with me, Want to meet her?” I asked her. She gave me a perplexed look. I
took out my purse and showed her the picture of my mother. The picture that was
taken few months before her demise. I held her hand tightly, bowed down my head
trying hard to control the spilling tears from my eyes, “This is my mom, she stays with
me always.”

She was intelligent enough to fathom cramping pain of mine. She shrieked, “I did not
know that Adi. You never told me about you.”

“No it is ok. I had to tell you one day so why not today.” I continued, “I was a year short
of school-final exams, when the news of my mother’s ill-health came to me in the
hostel. I came back only to find that my beloved mother was gone. I was left with my
grandparents. My father left me and never turned back. I don’t know why he left. Later I
came to knew that he got married and I don’t want to disturb his happy family.” Tears
were running down from our eyes. I continued, “My mother was vocal against sending
me to the hostel for studying but I was sent away. When I came back, there was no one
to embrace me except my grandparents. I felt lost in this whole universe. I completed
my college also from a hostel. My granddad bought me a flat when I was in college.
After few years, my granddad also passed away and then last year, my last straw, my
beloved grandma left me. And that is Budhaditya Ghosh, sitting before you, the most ill
fated person in this whole world who has lost everything.”

She took my face between her palms and pressed my head across her bosom. She
pressed her lips on my forehead and sobbed, “I will make up what you have lost. Don’t
ever say that you are a lost soul, Adi.

We were surrounded by an infinitesimal lull; only the mingled sound of our pulsating
heart could be heard. The sun already went down; the hour was getting late. I freed
myself from her arms and looked into her eyes; those were fluffy and red, glistening in
liquid drop of pearls.

I wiped her tears, “I am ok, Titli. I am hardened soul by now.”

She smiled painfully, “You are still a mystery to me.” She then whispered in my ears, “I
am not going home today, I want to goto your place today. I will call Parineeta to
manage.”

I patted Titli on her head, “Titli, this will be a stupid idea. Parineeta babbles too much
she might divulge and the consequence can be dire for you. Either I drop you at her
place or I drop you at your place.”

She threw her arms around my neck and whispered, “Give me the spare key of my
future place.”

I put my arms around her narrow waist, pulled her upon my chest. Her soft bosoms
crushed on my chest muscle. Strong feminine fragrance filled the cavities of my empty
brain, igniting the hidden urge to suck her honey-filled lips. My palms roamed over her
exposed back, over her smooth satin skin. I felt her goose bumps on my palm as I
caressed all over the exposed back and spine.

I stooped down over her enticing face and expressed my utmost feelings to her, “Will
you let me kiss your smiling crinkled face, bathed in the golden sunrays of west when we
grow old?”

Titli’s big black eyes glistened on hearing my proposal. She nodded her head and
whispered, “I would Love to, Adi.” She pushed herself on her toes to reach out for my
lips by her trembling lips. Soft voice emanated from her lips, “I love you Adi.” Our nose
tip touched each other; sparks of passion flew from our eyes. Heavy breathing caused
our chest to flatten on one another. I brought down my lips over her quivering red
petals. I felt her hot breath all over my face. She closed her eyes in the forthcoming
anticipation of the taste of saliva.
[+] 9 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply
Updates pls
[+] 1 user Likes santhu304's post
Like Reply
No readers here for such an epic .
Like Reply
anyway , the bengali version is beiing posted in that section .No more posts will be available here unill the end is seen
Like Reply
Yes I think it's correct what u said Mr. Dey.....let's that be completed first then u will post here as both r on the same pages now.....
[+] 1 user Likes raja05's post
Like Reply
Excellent narration
[+] 2 users Like Samadhanam's post
Like Reply
Beautifully written story. Please continue to update.
[+] 2 users Like Kamalesh Nathan's post
Like Reply