Non-erotic NAGAMA
Hello viewers,
I felt like writing a story on post-apocalyptic world. No obscene content will be present, and you can say that it is a Sci-fi modelled story. As this is my first attempt, and there are no stories on this genre here for reference it may/will sound amateurish, so no negative comments please. If you don't like it, don't read it. No-one is forcing you to read. And since i am starting only on an experimental basis, and i didn't even prepare plot, so i don't know if i will be able to write. I will just post if i get bored. 
So, that's all. If you think you can write better stories, start your own thread no-one is stopping you.
[+] 1 user Likes 2avi's post
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
The alarm is ringing continuously and i am still snogging my pillow on the bed. The temperatures in Delhi reached shivery cold levels and being from the south, it is particularly severe for me to bear. But under the warmth of the thick blanket it is too much of a comfort to lose. And i am still relishing on the aftereffects of what has been an adventurous dream. It almost felt like i am living in a high budget hollywood based movie.

Standing on the walls of the castle, and cold breeze sweeping across my face, and my ruffling hair blocking my eyesight periodically and the vast grasslands beyond the castlewalls and the setting sun, roaring dragons in the sky. Oh! How much i wish i have such a dragon companion. After going through a lot of connections i finally managed to climb a dragon--Butterfury. It is a commontype among the nobles but beyond the imagination for common soldiers like me.

It has a thick red throat with a yellowish complexion on much of its body, Scales only cover the upper part of the throat and near the tail portion. So, unlike Rendezvous dragon which has scales prettymuch covering its entire body and which is known for its absolute defense, but it is rarer among the rare. But Butterfury cannot be completely striked off, it has defenses where it require the most and probably in the next few centuries, the natural advantage of 'Rendezvous' will be overcome with the latest advances in Defense. The latest 'Murmurs of the hollow' titanium armour still lasts for 5 minutes in the battles of the dragons. But its weakest point being repeated attacks of heat and cold in succession repeatedly.

The twin headed dragon 'Zakira' is menace for this armour from that point of view. The absolute synchronization with which trained Zakira types can attack, with the best kind out there present in the kings dragonyard-- 'Tsuraro'-- it barely lasts for 2 minutes. The wild Zakira types are known for the constant fights between the twin heads, and as a result they are pretty easy among the 'King Category Dragons'. But what makes them available only to the creamy layer of the nobility is simply its rarity. It, the's already rare that hot headed 'Burnkin' dragon and coldblooded 'Froya' dragon to breed, what's ever rarer is a successful outcome. Burnkin and Froya types are polar opposites so they rarely mingle. In the natural course of things, You may barely see 10s of twinheaded dragons, but enter the rise of human civilizations and you now have 1000s of them throughout the planet.

And coming back to my Butterfury experiences, i was literally flying through the clouds. Even though Butterfury pales in comparison to Rendezvous in terms of strength due to lack of scales, they are light and agile in nature.They are especially useful in ambushes as a result. A squad of 10 Butterfuries under a top notch tactician strategist like 'Nuela' you can even bring down a party of 40-50 dragons headed by Rendezvous.

But you rarely find National Treasures like 'Nuela'. In a sense he is like a kingpin in the 'Nubella kingdom'. He was singularly responsible for overturning the tides in the last offensive of 3 kingdoms--Burberry, Stoven and Frigid. That perfect masking of Butterfury to imitate 'Haven' dragon brought about a rampage in the enemies dragonlore. 'Haven' is literally a nightmare amongst the dragons present here. It has agility, defense, offense, and last but not least its deadly poison. When stinged it feels like needles are piercing every part of the body within just 2 minutes and even the mightiest Rendezvous will be on the deathbed within 10 minutes, letalone other punies. Currently only the Emperor of the 33 kingdoms has that one. Nuela trains one of the princes of the Empire so it felt possible that it's Haven. And the top secret chemical concocted in the Nubella workshops which not only imitates those needle like feel but it actually paralyses the entire body of the dragon temporarily. But in the heat of the war, it was not noticed, so it was a wonderful strategy overall. Ever since that year there were annual celebrations where Butterfury decorated in the form of Haven was put on show.
Like Reply
Orey Yedava, dhunnapothu endhira entha sepu thonguntavura, Kumbakarnudine minchipoyettunnavu ilane vadilesthe. Aa NRI project jesthiva ledha. Asale aa bakkachakkina manager gadu naa thala thintunnadu roju.
[Some expressions are better expressed in mother tongue. Basically it says though not literally--'You son of a buffalo whom even Kumbakarna cant compete with. Wakeup. How long are you gonna sleep. Have you finished the NRI project assigned to you. That ass of a manager is daily sitting on my head'].
Oru nimisham be. Maanchi kala madhyalo unna. Ee chettha na job eppudu undedhega nannu padukoniyyi.
[Give me a minute. I am in the midst of a nice dream. I have to bear with this shitty job on a daily basis anyway. Lemme sleep.]

It is already quarter to 9. You don't even drink unlike us, you didn't even give me company last night, yet you are the one who wakes up late everyday. Is it the same Nishima again in your dreams. You don't even have courage to speak with her but daily dreams about her. You coward wakeup. At this rate we will gonna have another round of sweet nectar in our ears from our very beloved boss.

Oh shit. Why can't this dream come on a friday night. It is like getting a call from office while we are in the midst of watching a blockbuster movie. Lemme earn one crore and i will just invest in some sound stocks so that i can spend my days dreaming. Nothing can beat nice dreams and sound sleep in a wintery night. Also don't try to bring your stupid alcoholic habits to me. Ha, there is no bigger nasha than sound sleep. I think i will become a panda in my next birth if i get good karma in this birth.

Hahaha. You and your stupid dreams. Stop the bakchod and get your shit right already. I already made this bread pakoda we can eat it while on our way to metro. Thank god, they have laid a new line, it is one heck of trafficjam enroute of our office last time we got struck.

I quickly gotup and wrote the word dragons- soldier in my diary so that atleast i can reminisce the rest of the dream lateron. I didn't even get to see Nishima in this dream yet, and this fellow has to wake me up. I should probably join a gym and develop some physique before i get some good impression from her.

One thing i am good at apart from sleepingand probably getting badass dreams is multitasking. I quickly finished my daily routine in 10 minutes and was out of my apartment even before the clock struck 9. There's my laptop bag on one hand, and bread pakora in another. Downstairs i took 2 bananas from Narayana store and took rickshaw to the metrostation. I pay Narayana in advance keeping in mind such exigencies. Old habits die hard. It was the same in my collegedays eating bananas while cycling my way to the classes.
Like Reply
Nice concept. Will be waiting to read your story.
Like Reply
I quickly reached the metro and used the stairs instead of escalator. That is the bare minimum physical exercise i get, running, standing in metro, climbing stairs. All those lazy asses go to gyms but take escalators. The initial euphoria of escalator and lifts are long gone for me, i even take stairs to reach the 10th floor in my office. I barely reach within 2 minutes after the lift reaches the floor. While i use the railings as slides while climbing down. You cannot miss those small pleasures in life. All the colorful butterflies in the small flower garden and the fountain in the midst of that. Rarely you get to see a smallscale rainbow. Evenings near the office come with it's own experiences except for all the noise among that hurryburry employees. Although we get to see evenings like that only occasionally, as we had to stay atleast until 7 in the night. Although i am an exception to that rule, more about that later.

By the time i reached office, my friend fatso is already having a hearing from my manager having reached 2 minutes early in the lift. I too joined him, but sadly this time the hearing is in the hall not in his cabin. But then i saw an angel walking in the corrdior, and my hair stood straight and a burst of sweet pleasure ran across my body. Butterflies began to roam in my stomach, and i felt like falling back on a flower carpet with nasha hitting my head. I can see that front white teeth of hers shining like pearls amidst her laughter. And a thin strand of hair came over her eyes looking just like a vine crawling over the ground. Her black pupils are blacker than the black sky, and her light blue saree just like blue sky. Her face glowing like bright orange sun in the morning. I didn't even know when i reached my cabin but then i again got a call from the manager's block.

Cherishing at the opportunity i immediately left to the cabin and stood beside the managers chair looking through the glassdoor outside the cabin towards my angel seating there, my Nimisha. The manager was talking about the NRI Project and i was in my own world, his voice is so soothing just like carnatic music, and i felt like kissing him thinking about my angel. The manager suddenly panicked and moved backwards looking at this sudden reaction of mine.

Kids these days have gone astray. Gays and lesbians have become common. Why are you trying to ruin my reputation, you already had bad enough reputation to carpet our entire Delhi.

I suddenly came out of my dream and realized the bad situation i was in and immediately stepped backward. The manager finally issued a final warning and said why did your performance go such downstream in the last 6 months. You were working very good at the start of your career, now you are becoming a live example of what all employees should not do. If not for your initial credentials you would have been fired last month itself. This is your final warning and there will be no next time except firing you.

I left the manager's cabin and noticed that Nishima is laughing heartily looking at me. I can't hold my shyness and left there keeping my head down. And there my fatso friend started another round.

Orey yedavannara yedava. Nee valla mana paruvantha gangalo kalisipoyindi. Nuvvu mana iit tagni cheda dhobbuthunnavura. Manam anukunnademiti nuvvu chesthunnadhemiti. Oke companylo oke officelo job thecchukundi endhuku endhuku be. Naa startup kalalu, mana Unicorn egiri vellipothunattu vasthunnayi nee valla.
{You stupid Ass. You are ruining our entire reputation. Our iit tag has got blemished because of you. Why are you acting contrary to our expectations. Is it the reason why we specifically joined the same company and same office. You are ruining my startup dreams. Lately i have been dreaming that my Unicorn is flying far away from me. [Unicorn here denotes very successful startup-- Billion dollar company]}

Just to get a bare opportunity to glimpse at that woman, you are specifically introducing bugs in the program. You stupid f***** even i had to spend one hour to find that last bug. This creative destruction of yours almost cost us a project last time. Except for my last minute intervention you would have been a goner last time. You are doing all this, as Nishima's cabin is just before that Manager's cabin. You and your stupid corollary.

If i do good work i will get praises in the hall, there i can't get to see my angel. But if i do badwork manager specifically calls to the cabin. There i get my sweet nectar from our beloved boss.
{In the previous part, that is also the reason why the fatso said manager's swearings as sweet nectar sarcastically.}

Fatso--At this rate, you will miss entirely the chance to see her if you get fired. We originially joined this company to learn the intricacies of the job and get clients contacts to help run our startup. But with the present bad reputation we have, the clients will runaway just on seeing us. When we joined the job last year, everyone was looking upto us looking at our tag and impressive resume. Even some of the seniors used to come near you regarding cybersecurity considering your expertise in Hacking. Now look at us. I can't even lift my face during breaks. earlier atleast they used to laugh behind our backs, now they are laughing on my face itself. I will die of shame if i continue in this same job because of that attitude of yours.

Anyway, i heard that Nishima will be getting promoted shortly. Even if you continue the same process, you will not get a chance to look at her anymore like in the past. Also, unlike her present practice of always sitting within the ladies block, in her new profile she would have to sit with her male counterparts. Also with the present reputation we have we will be not able to invite her into our startup even. Letalone her, No person with a head at top will join ours at the current state. This is your golden chance, our Systems division has Ransomware infected systems and their work has stopped over the past one month. You better finish your present project quickly and try to resolve that crisis, so as to come out of that shithole fast.
Like Reply
Suddenly the office building shook violently and various files, papers and laptops have fallen helter-skelter. There was a look of panic among my various colleagues and my eyes searched for Nishima. The building jolted once again and the power was cutoff and the mayhem started in the office. There were shouts of all kinds and my feet went near Nishima's cabin by itself. She was crawling under the table and i went near her to comfort her. And i made a resolve that if this is going to be my last day, i will only die after kissing her. I turned on my mobile torch and went down on the floor to have a look at the condition there. Even amongst this mayhem i felt intoxicated upon her touch. The fragrance from her hair is otherworldly. A glasswase has fallen nearby and there were pieces of glass broken nearby. Since Nishima is crawling on her hands and knees she was about to land her hands on one such broken shard of glass. I immediately placed my hand over the glass out of sheer reflex.
This feeling is indescribable. Nishima's weight resting on my hands, i didn't feel a sense of pain even though blood has started pouring out. Nishima too realized that some other person is besides her and she retrieved her weight from above my hand. She realized that something is wrong and turned on her mobile torch too and have observed bloodmarks there and then looked at my hands. She immediately tied her dupatta around my handpalm to cover the wound. A landmine has blasted in my heart and there is adrenaline rush throughout my body. And i just have fallen back on the floor and closed my eyes going into my own dreams.

But there were many more broken shards on the floor and they pierced the skin on my back at multiple places and blood started flowing. Nishima was shocked at the sudden turn of events, and the generator too was turned on and lights came back. Nishima was shouting vaguely in the distance-Hey, can you hear me.

I picked up a red rose lying nearby and gave it to her and i said vaguely- Nishima, I Love You. I dunno if she heard me or not.
Like Reply
The sun has begun to set in the distant horizon. The sky has attained a particularly bloody colour. A distant cloud looked as if two dragons are fighting each other. Palely i can see a shadow in the distant horizon and it is only increasing in size with time. Today i am on guard duty on the palace walls. There are outposts every hundred metres on these walls. The latest crossbows which are been experimented with has recently arrived in my outpost. These are anti-dragon crossbows. Dragons defenses are very high and a dragon like Butterfury has few softspots letalone a Rendezvous dragon. But they are still present. But finding such softspots on a moving target is very difficult. I had been a dragon craze fellow since my childhood, and had been a bookworm. Throughout my teenage years apart from my practice sessions with my dad, the Royal library had been my goto place. There were all kinds of collections of books on dragons present there. The Royal library of the Nubella kingdom was open to all its citizens. But how deep you can dig in depends on the rank of citizens.

Basically you can divide the types of access into 3-sections. One for common citizenry, other one for all the administration and rich players in the kingdom, and the final one is the exclusive access for the top nobles in the kingdom. The Royal family should be having its own secret private collection apart from that. As a kid i only had an access to the first section. Yet the volume of books even in this section cant be striked off. 'The Tales of the Dragonlore' is a book almost every kid would have listened to. The legendary Calibur dragon in the story had been many kids favorite. It brought about the end to the war between two factions of dragons. The 'Anthropo faction' favors working closely with the human realm while the 'Monstro faction' was against it.

The Calibur dragon is itself considered to be a demigod within the dragons itself. It is considered that it often visits other planets and spends in a meditative state. It is believed that the Calibur dragon is still living. The book itself mentions it be a few thousand years old. Although the book is only a mythological one even the myths should have partial truth in it. Indeed there had been many a commentaries on 'The Tales of Dragonlore' in the library. While many a common kids would limit their knowledge to the mythological book only, i indulged myself on all types of commentaries as a kid. There were many a hypothesis on the exact location of the meditative location of the Calibur dragon. Different books had different interpretations and any layperson reading it would only enter into further confusion.

I had been a odd man out among the many readers present in the library. The age profile of many a readers had been skewed towards the older population. There were all kinds of researchers among them. The common laypeople thirst for knowledge seems to have plateaued once they entered adulthood. Except for few people here and there who were present more for the fun sake, the ones who are in pursuit of knowledge were not many other than the researchers. These people had access to all the sections but they didn't leave this section also as many a untested hypothesis were present in this section only. While the ones which had gone through certain testing were present in other sections as i heard back then.

Being a lone kid in the section in the library day after day i attracted the attention of one old man. He wore a very long cap and had a thick white beard. His face has thick wrinkles too. But there is something charismatic about him though i don''t know what it is. He used to ask me lots of questions and my opinions of several of my hypothesis and he used to counter everyone of my opinion. For instance, about the possible location of the meditative location of the Calibur dragon. While i said that the hypothesis that it should be in a very cold location as dragons are by their very nature hotblooded so to temper its body over centuries only cold place can provide that. He countered me by saying that but sulphur forms the key to bodytempering of the dragon and a vapor state of sulphur would be even more effective as then it can seep through the skin. And a very cold planet has very less likelihood of such sulphur vapors and only volcanic locations would provide such ideal atmosphere for sulphur vapors.

Though it has often irked me that this old man is countering my arguments day in and day out, it has also sharpened my thinking process. It helped improve my analytical abilities. Though i didn't take every idea of his for granted. For all the books here should also be written by old geezers like this fellow. This situation has continued for several months and i had taken a particular liking for this fellow. But suddenly one day that old geezer was in a hurry to leave and he left me with a book which has somestrange inscriptions in some unknown script. Without saying anything he just said 'Look towards the midnight sun'. Only after him leaving did i realize that i hadn't even asked his name throughout the whole time i spent with him. I only addressed him as 'Old geezer'. But i oftenheard the surrounding people address him as 'The grey'. Though it doesn't seem like to be a name but more like a nickname.

If not for that fellow i wouldn't have focussed too much on studies to a partial neglect of my physique. As a result i failed the physical tests in General selection posts. I have topped the theoretical and marksmanship parts but my swordsmanship, spearsmanship and dragon taming had been not upto the mark.

The dragontaming is the part where the inequities in the class shows up particularly in the selection process every year. As even though other areas too nead money resources for training but a very talented kid of a layman can outstrip the better kids among the nobility. But the dragontaming divides the line between the two classes. It can be said that it is key area through which nobles had kept a firm grip on the selection process so as to deny them to many. As dragontaming practice fundamentally needs a dragon to start with for practice. And it involves huge money. Not everyone can afford a dragon, letalone rent one. The kids of the nobility thus had an advantage as the layman kids had to try their luck through learning the process from books. And you can only go that far with theory without sufficient practical experience.

But the soldier selection didn't have that dragontaming selection criteria but it was replaced with a 'Beasttaming' for the elite soldier level and no such criteria for a normal soldier. It also is somewhat costly affair to get trained but not to the unimaginable amounts as in dragons. The commontest involves 'Elephantine'. It is only limited to stopping a rampaging elephantine. But strangely for no known reason my very presence seems to induce irritation among the beasts ever since childhood. Even though i didn't have confidence in the Beasttaming i tried my luck. To my horror the already rampaging beast broke through the stables and created havoc in the entire training arena. Through some sheer luck 'Nuela--the National Treasure' was present in that arena on that fateful day. He was able to bring it under control, but he too was slightly injured in that incident. And there i was in paleface. I learned that even Nuela enquired about that weirdo who was the centre of the entire mayhem.

If not for my sheer talents in marksmanship and theoretical tests my dreams of a soldier would have been a goner. The expertise levels in swordsmanship and spearmanship had been only for upto elementary standards for a normal soldier level. As it basically takes in a specialist in one filed which in my case is marksmanship. I had topped the theoretical aspects and marksmanship for general level itself let alone normal soldier. But due to my horrible performance in Beasttaming i was limited to normal soldier level only.

[Notes for further reference--- 'The Monstro faction' considers itself to be at the top of the foodchain and considers humans too as part of its prey. There were several battles between the mankind and this faction throughout the history. But the last battle was fought almost a millenium ago. ]
Like Reply
This site almost entirely became porn oriented---now even the homepage is showing entirely that only. Can someone recommend me alternate place to post my story.
Like Reply
It had been a dull day today but my duty is ending with such a beautiful scenery. It looks as if a dragon is splitting fireball in the sky, with the way the clouds and sun is arranged in the sky. My daily routine involves a visit to the library in the night. Now that i am a soldier i can visit the second level, even though what is present in the first level is more than sufficient for any person, the books in the second level sheds light on various hypothesis by including an indepth analysis. Since my late teens i have developed an interest in magic too. Magic proficiency involves not just talent, much of them are innate present since birth itself. Though i don't seem to have any kind of talent, but i have been referring exhaustively on the spatial magic. There are basically 2 kinds in this segment on a bsaic level--- both pure magic and support.

Support involves augmenting other aspects of offense or defence, like for instance augmenting physical capacities of a soldier like sharper reflexes, eyesight, hearing power, hands or legs movement, or even empowering weapons. Here too, it is easier to support a stationary soldier than a moving one. That is why it is often used along with marksmen more than those involving swordsmen or spearmen or dragonriders. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is totally absent in the other fields but it is usually limited for only augmenting elite soldiers capacities in those domains. And it obviously involves highly talented magicians.

The other kind involves pure offense magic. Like bringing about rain of chaos if you go to the top level or poisoning or blinding the enemies. So in a sense it inolves whether you are augmenting the fighting capcaities of other persons/objects or yourself.

Generally only those persons innately born with affinity for magic are involved in this. Even though everyone is born with slight affinity for magic, other people's magic could only go the extent of moving small objects at home/work where precision is not much important.
Like Reply
It is almost not possible for the same magician to reinforce his own physical capabilities as magic itself requires much concentration and while it maybe fine while you are calm and the task at hand is simple enough it would be too much to ask for if it involves military grade improvement. Even the reinforcement of capabilities at a simple enough level was also only reached by the geniuses. And it is a legend when Nuela reinforced an arrow to bring down a wild buffalo. For one thing, he had been stationed at a watchtower where he had been preparing for the shot for a full day before that. The other thing is he commanded his troops to chase it within the area of his sight. You rarely come across such instances in natural circumstances let alone in conflictts, letalone a genius among geniuses like Nuela.

I had been referring to the book 'The Little Bowhead' to imitate the circuit path given in the hypothesis over the last month. But near the key magic node just behind the eye -- at the Daotian node, the chakra is flowing downwards whereas the eye co-ordination requires circuit connection flow of information from eye towards the brain upwards. This counter-directional flow between them, even though they are flowing in different systems i.e., the chakra pathway and the nervous system , they are interfering with each other howsoever slightly resulting in lapse of concentration. But the author there mentioned that if 'the third eye' is awakened the magic circuit flows parallel to the nose right in between the eyes, thus it will be along a different path than the eyes to brain nervous circuit. This circuit will enable the chakra flow uniterrupted of any resonance from the nervous electric circuit. Thus it enables a magician to enhance his marksmanship through superior eyesight control.

But historically there had been very few instances of the persons who had awakened their third eye. The 'legendary Maran' for instance whose adventures are well covered in the 'The journey to the East'. It is in the ashram of Bodhisattva where he trained for over 3 years that he was able to awaken his third eye. It is said that the third eye denotes the insights of the Buddha. As such it is the eye of the protector. So obviously it has its own limitation that it can never be used for offensive purposes. It mainly served healing purpose. The Epidemic was rampaging throughout the world at that time and this eye of insight created resonance in the chakra flow of all those it caught sight of. This inturn raised the immune response of the body. Legendary Maran travelled the world for over 10 years to help bring an epidemic under control. Not just that due to this enhanced chakra flow, the productivity of the population has improved significantly and all kinds of talents propped up and a 'Golden Age' had come. Not just that all kinds of negative thoughts, violent attitudes, lust for power, money, women were all brought under control amongst all people and a new age of peace and prosperity dawned. The kingdoms have unilaterally given up on wars and formed a collective. Due to the ancient modes of communication prevalent then Empire was the maximum extent of such collective. Though proper understandings too developed among various such empires. Thus that era was also called as 'The Maran Era'.
Like Reply
Coming back to the present, i felt a slight burst of intense energy from the distant horizon. That distant shadow like thing has risen in size and even the other soldiers have also begun to notice it now. As my eyesight is far sharper than the others i was able to observe it much before. I made a visit to the outpost to check what it is. The outpost is undergoing renovation to fit the latest 'Barrel Technology'. It enhances the firing power of the cannons. It enables shooting of oil barrels in quick succession. Within a matter of seconds 5 barrels of oil are shot, thus it enables to target even a flying dragon. When coupled with a firing cannon, it can ignite the oil. But naturally dragons are resistant to fire. What makes this oil unique is it has a watered down version of the unique chemical which was earlier concocted in the workshops. But the quantity replaces quality here. The Haven dragon type chemical requires rare and precious resources. But this unique chemical X requires much cheaper resources comparatively. Hence it can be produced in scale. But for this poison to take into effect requires high temperature. That's why this whole setup when the corresponding oil catches fire, it heats up the surface allowing the poison to begin to seep in.

But this poison is not fatal but only weakens the dragon[lower levelled ones] at the present technological level. Though it is heard that at the lab setup, when the temperature can be regulated and very high temperatures can be brought about, this chemical's effectiveness is increased exponentially and even Rendezvous dragons can be paralyzed and an injured one with an exposed sking can even die. But in the practical scenario it is not possible to bring such high temperatures particularly on the moving targets like dragons. But on a stationary target, with the focussed efforts of fire power and barrel technology such conditions can be synthesised. Though even on a mobile target such a condition can be brought about but it requires saint level synchronisation between the focussed fires of the 'barrel technology cannons' and the fire cannons.

The fire cannons were temporarily removed from the current outpost to enable the setting up of 'Barrel Technology' under the renovation process. Thankfully the telescope setup is installed and i quickly placed the different glasspieces at different levels along the tube adjusting their distances manually to focus on the subject at hand. I can now clearly see a 'Rendezvous dragon' approaching at a high speed. It is currently passing over the 'Noelle River' and is distinctively flying at low height. Generally they tend to fly at greater heights, and because of the low height and high speed, the wind disturbance is creating ripples and waves on the surface of the river. It looks particularly agitated and from the looks of it, it appears to be that of the 'Young princess- Luna'. There are barely 10 Rendezvous dragons in the entire Nubella kingdom, including with kind and his royal family[including Luna], Nuela and certain other top nobles.

During the last offensive of the three kingdoms, there were only 3 at that time and even Nuela didn't have one at that time. And 2 perished in that war and the 'late queen Laguna' too demised along with one such dragon. Only the king and the queen and her twin brother 'Russell'. The queen and her twin brother underwent training under the same master. Their hot-spirited adventures marvelled many and it was learnt that the present king was head over heels for her despite her masculine activites. Even the dragons the siblings were riding on were siblings, although one has bluish black scales whereas the other one reddish-black scales. Their hot-blooded nature may have won many a battles but the risk they have taken in the last offensive was very severe. They confronted a platoon of 2 Rendezvous type, 1 glacius, 1 aurora and 1 ferrum type. It was the elite platoon unit meant for quickfire offences which was alarmingly raiding the western front of the Nubella kingdom and the then king who was the present kings father too perished.

The present Princess Luna was only a year old baby back then. The present king 'Andrew' was adamant on taking charge of the offensive himself but the queen was reluctant of that idea as now that the king was dead, he would be the next to be on throne otherwise there would be a bloody civil war between the various princes and princesses no matter what the outcome of the war would be. The king by himself was a strong contender for the throne but come the twin siblings noone dared to look in the eye of the throne. Nuela was a kingpin but he is known for his absolute neutrality in the heirship matters. And only talent attracted him and looking at this trio he had a slight liking of them but still maintained his overall neutrality as he knows that even without his support Andrew would be a unanimous choice for the king-elect.

In the Nubella kingdom, kingship was decided based on the 3-part equal weightage formula. One part is based on the present king who is to retire's preference. The other part is based on his power and contributions to the kingdom[his/her immediate family like his/her spouse, children were also considered part of this]. The last part was based on an electoral system which again was based on votings of 3 sections--the nobility, the Archmagic guild +clergy combined, Rest of the taxpaying club the last section.

And a king has to retire once any other person's contributions--the 2nd part exceeds that of his which rarely happens as the king with his governance and vast resources of the kingdom in his capacity as king never falls below that of any prince nomatter how much contributions he may bring whether through war efforts or governance process. There was only one such instance when a king had to prematurely retire to give way for young prince, when the the then king was relishing in luxury, ignoring governance, and corruption was permeating the administration. And the young prince who only had a tiny county under his jurisdiction {Every prince/princess were given such tiny counties to prepare them for governance role} with his extraordinary war talents brought a very small kingdom[roughly one-third of then Nubella kingdom] neighbouring his county within the Nubella fold.

That king's espionage and diplomatic skills were textbook examples even today under the military training regime. also in such rare instances where such prince contributions outweigh that of presiding king, the first part in the formula was not considered [that is presiding king preference]. As he would be voting against the choice of the young prince otherwise. As normally only a very inefficient king would likely have his contributions overshadowed by a normal prince and given those tendencies he would likely not giveup his throne and rather prefer some puppet prince. Also the whole institution which oversees this contribution part which obviously has immense power, almost overtaking the king even on their area of work has to be absolutely incorruptible as then this whole setup would be a farce. So, only the national treasures of those times would be heading this institution. Anyone of the caliber of national treasure has the capability to raise a small kingdom on his own from scratch. If instead he is working for the welfare of the kingdom, putting kingdom's welfare over his personal welfare, and was ready to serve under the Royal Family, he should be someone with indisputable character. But to be on the safe side, whenever transfer of power takes place, the so-called national treasure shouldn't be holding any official post unless a war-like situation arises. What can be called a cooling-off period. Generally he spends this time on training.

In recognition of this unique efforts of the national treasure, the fruit of longevity 'Serrum' which only grows once in a century is given to him/her. As the name suggests it extends the life of the person who consumes it. And even the king or any other noble or any in the Royal family is awarded this. It is the sole prerogative of 'the national treasure' at the cost of kinghood which he could have got. But the location of the tree which produces this fruit is only known to the top echelons amongst the Royal Family. It is like a system of checks and balances. If those Royals do not produce the fruit the national treasure can give orders to strip their royalty. One of the rare instances where he/she yields more power over the king, other than overseeing the contributions part. This national Treasure obviously outlives and presides over multiple generations of kings/queens. As it is rarer to get National Treasures than to get kings/queens.
Like Reply