Romance The End of Restless Sleep by Pinuram
Rainbow 
Chapter 1: Aphrodite in rain.

It was raining heavily outside. I sat in one corner of the classroom and tried to doze of my tiredness by resting my head on the bench. I was tired after a hard day at job and wanted to take some rest. My dizziness took me to a dark place full of weird creatures hovering around me. In one hand I held a burning torch and in the other a huge sword. I was trying to get rid of those creatures and find my way to a distant white light. The more I walked towards the light more it faded away in the horizon. Suddenly I felt someone touching my shoulders from behind. I looked back; there was no one except those weird venomous and ugly creatures prying upon me. I started walking but I was again felt the same knock on my shoulder.

I opened my eyes to find that Anirban was standing near me, tapping my shoulder. He asked me whether I was feeling ok or not. I gave a pale smile to him and said that I was having a headache. I looked around the class most of the students had left. I rubbed my eyes and answered that I was feeling dizzy. He asked me that whether I want to have a drink with him or not. I laughed at him and said that I was too tired to have a drink that day.

We walked outside the computer-teaching centre. I had my motorcycle parked in one corner of the bus-stand. It was dark outside and the heavens were pouring. The number of buses in the rain-drenched streets of Kolkata had come down. Anirban and I lit a cigarette and looked around the bus stand shed. A dog, coiled like a huge wire, was lying nearby. Few people were standing at one corner and smoking. I saw Anoushka, standing in one corner of the shed, trying to save herself from the torrential rain.

Anirban pointed at her and whispered to me “Hey bro, she is really a hot piece. I think she is most sexy in our batch. She is definitely waiting for her boyfriend. Why don’t we ask her to drop her at her place, what do you say?”

I could not stop laughing, “I do not think she will allow you to. Come on, it is only the rain that is deterring her from going home.”

I looked at Anoushka; she gave me a helpless smile in return. By looking at her face, I observed that she was feeling quiet uneasy as there were other prying eyes of the bystanders devouring her sensuous beauty of twenty-two springs. She was trying to cover her ripe youthful beauty with her scarf that was completely soaked.

I looked at Anirban; he was lewdly devouring her rain soaked beauty like a hungry mongrel. I slapped on his head and deterred him to stare at her like that. I asked him that whether he want to go home or not. He laughed at me and said that whether I want to spend some time with her alone or not. I laughed at him and said that I would go to home once my cigarette is finished. After sometime his bus arrived, he winked at me and went away. I slowly walked towards my parked motorcycle.

I was about to start my bike when I noticed that Anoushka was striding towards me with tender steps. There was a pleading smile on her face. She clasped her bag across her chest.

“It is raining since evening and the bus service has gone thinner.” She said to me. I looked at her face trying to fathom whether she was asking for a ride or not. She continued, “I was waiting for someone and see the treacherous rain played a spoilsport.” I smiled, so Anirban was right about her boyfriend.

“I can drop you at your place, if you want to.” I said her.

She gave a demurring smile, “No, no, I will wait for sometime more. Only one request, if you could stay till he comes.”

I nodded my head and said to her that I would wait until the person for whom she was waiting for, arrives. I signed her to stand under the shed and I unmounted my bike to stand beside her. She stood close to me; her upper-arm was touching mine. I could feel the warmth of her body that was very fast depleting due to the humid cold winds. She felt a sense of relief while standing beside me. I was avoiding direct eye contact with her. Both of us were silent for a while, lost in words as what to ask to whom.

She spoke first, might be out of courtesy, “Where do you live?”

“Near Dumdum airport. What about you?” I asked.

“Really, I also live nearby.” She looked at me; I observed a twinkle in her big black eyes “What do you do?”

“I just finished my graduation in physics last year and I do a job at Camac Street.” I answered her.

Her face glowed, “I am also in physics, final year of my graduation. So computers for your job?”

“Yes for professional enhancement, I suppose.” I answered her query. For some time we both kept silent as if there was nothing more to talk about. She was frequently looking at the road.

After sometime, a person arrived in a bike. Anoushka looked at me and then ran to the person on the bike. I could sense a veiled anger in her eyes as she was scolding the person. She mounted and gently bowed her head towards me, in gratitude. I bowed my head in return. She waved at me and the bike zoomed away into the darkness.
[+] 1 user Likes anik's post
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.

Messages In This Thread
The End of Restless Sleep by Pinuram - by anik - 27-07-2020, 10:09 PM