Adultery UNFAITHFUL MOTHERS AND HOUSEWIVES --- stranger_women
Ten minutes later, the three of them were sitting in the mall food court. Pinky had not forgotten about her ice cream. And Mansi felt obligated to buy Reena aunty coffee after the nice gesture she had made.

"Mamma, can I play in there?" the brat finished her ice cream and asked, pointing towards a ball pit nearby.
"Okay, but stay in my sight. You have been a very bad girl today." Mansi scolded her, but it was like water off a duck's back.
As soon as Pinky was out of an earshot, she turned to Reena aunty.
"Aunty, that was a really nice gesture, but you didn't need to do that."
"Nonsense." she waved away the protests, taking a sip from her cup.
"Pinky is a little brat who thinks tantrums can get her anything she fancies. On Monday when she's at school, I'll return the shoes and give you the money back."
"Mansi, you really don't need to do that. Consider them a gift. The little girl really has her heart set on them."
"She has the memory of a goldfish. In a week, she'll forget about the shoes and start demanding something else." Mansi sighed. "I hate taking her to malls. She just wants me to buy her everything she sees. And really, we can't afford it."
"Hmmm." she said. "What do you do, Mansi?"
"I'm a housewife."
"And your husband?"
"Amar is a history professor."
"Not too much money in teaching, huh?" she sympathetically said.
"It's okay. Not too bad. But we certainly can't afford to buy our little girl five thousand rupee shoes that she'll outgrow in six months."
"I see."
"But seriously aunty, give me your phone number and your address and I will come return the money on Monday."
"Out of the question." she smiled and shook her head. "About returning the money I mean. Trust me, I can afford such indulgences. But we should exchange numbers and meet though. I'd love to catch up in more detail."
She picked up her phone and asked me for her number. She then gave a missed call and Mansi saved her number.
"How is Bajaj uncle?"
"He passed away five years ago. Lung cancer."
"Oh my god! I am so sorry!"
"It's alright. I've gotten used to it by now."
"And how is..." Mansi tried to remember her son's name. He was a couple of years older than her and in college when they lived in Meerut.
"Nilesh? He's doing okay." she said.
"Is he in Mumbai too?"
"No." she said in a tone that suggested she did not want to discuss him.
"Do you live nearby?"
"Yes, Malad West. You?"
"Borivali east. Close to the station."
That's when her phone rang. She looked at the display, frowned a little, and said,
"Excuse me a moment." and walked away.
Mansi sat there looking at her daughter roll around in the ballpit with a few other kids. She was a handful but she was the center of her existence. She wished she could buy her everything she wanted. But money really was tight.
"Mansi, I am so sorry, but I have to get going. A bit of an emergency at work." Reena aunty returned and picked up her purse and her shopping bags.
"Oh, no problem. Where do you work?"
"I am the assistant manager at a hotel nearby. A couple of the staff members didn't show up, so now I have to go fill in for them." she said. "But we should meet Monday for sure."
"Absolutely."
"But don't you dare return that little girl's shoes. If you give me as much as a single paisa, I will never talk to you again."
"Come on, aunty, that's not fair!" Mansi tried to protest, but Reena was already on her way out.
----
[+] 2 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNFAITHFUL MOTHERS AND HOUSEWIVES --- stranger_women - by ddey333 - 05-02-2023, 06:02 AM