Adultery UNFAITHFUL MOTHERS AND HOUSEWIVES --- stranger_women
My phone started ringing. It was Apara. I reached for it, with half a mind to yell at her.

"Hey, you called? I am driving. Anything urgent?"

My words were stuck in my throat. I had no idea what exactly to say.

"Umm....no..just checking if you picked up........eggs."

"We still have enough left for a week."

"Oh.....okay."

"Was that it?"

"No...." I said.

"What else?"

"Umm....where are you?"

"I told you, I'm driving."

I had listened carefully. When someone is talking on hands free or blue tooth, you can sense it from the way their voice sounds a little distant. But it did not seem to be the case. Besides, if that news report really was live like they said, there was no chance she had left the coffee shop and gotten in her car this soon. I knew that mall. It takes a while to go the garage and get to your car. So she was clearly lying.

"Okay. I will see you soon."

"Bye."

And she hung up.

I had no choice but to wait for her to get back. And worry about the implications of what I had seen. Who was that man? Was he her....boyfriend? Were those socks from that night his? Had he been in that room before I arrived? In the meanwhile, there was also a flurry of guests checking in and that kept me busy.

Finally I saw Apara pull up in the car. She was alone. One of the maids came out to help her carry all the supplies inside. As they walked past the lobby, my wife didn't even look at me or say hi hello. And there was no smile or laughter. That same old inert expression.

"Apara! Stop! Do you mind explaining to me why you lied to me? And why you were having coffee and laughing with some random white guy? That's right, I know all about it. How do I know about it? It was on fucking TV, that's how! Your philandering is on the news now. This is the kind of characterless woman you are?"

I screamed out all this. But in my mind, not to her. I have never been great at confrontations. Besides, there were guests in the lobby and the maid was with her. I did not want to make a scene. Even if no one had been around, I doubt I would have yelled at her like that. It just isn't my nature. So I sat there grumbling silently and trying to decide how exactly to broach the subject later at night after my shift ended.

This whole thing was complicated and troubling enough as it is. Soon it got worse. Who should walk in the door, but the very man I had seen with her on TV.

"Howdy!" he said, flashing me a wide smile. "I'd like a room please."

I stared at the guy. Like many white men in Texas, he was an imposing presence. Well over six feet tall, broad chested, muscular, wearing a tight t-shirt, and jeans. He towered over me as he put his elbows on the desk and played with his keys.

There was a mix of confusion and anger in my head. How dare he just show up here like this? Was this something Apara had asked him to do? Check into the hotel so they could spend time together?

"Well?" he said after I was silent for a long time.

"Sorry....no rooms. We are sold out."

That seemed to surprise him. He stepped back and looked out of the glass door.

"Your parking lot is half empty!" he said in an annoyed voice.

"Yes, but we are sold out." I said.

"Jesus fucking Christ man! Are you kidding me?" he raised his voice.

And I was a little scared. But I kept my cool and said to him.

"There is a Travelodge down the road. They should have rooms."

"Let me speak to your manager!" he thundered.

"I am the manager." I calmly said.

There was rage on his face as he glowered at me.

"Fine. Fuck you, asshole!" he said and stormed out.

It seemed like a minor victory. Sending this man packing instead of giving him a room in my own hotel to make a move on my own wife. But obviously, I knew the problem went much deeper. There was nothing to stop him from really checking into another hotel and then asking Apara to join him there.

[+] 2 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNFAITHFUL MOTHERS AND HOUSEWIVES --- stranger_women - by ddey333 - 15-12-2022, 11:43 PM