Adultery Cheating and Rivals by xleglover-COMPLETED
Frank keyed in a text: "Jenny and I are about to go to dinner. I hope you're enjoying your evening with Allie. Give my regards to Allie and Anna."

Frank showed the text to Jen. She read the text and looked at the picture. They were smiling, sitting close, Frank's arm around her. They definitely looked like a couple. Jen knew it would turn Mike on to see the picture. It would upset him too. But not too much. Just enough to keep his thoughts on her. On top of that, Frank's message was surprisingly civil.

"Okay," she said handing the phone back to him.

"I can send it?"

"Yes," Jen said.

Frank hit send. "May I text Mike other pictures?" he asked.

Jen thought about it. This was a big part of what Mike got out of the game, seeing her with her lover ("boyfriend"). It would excite him, keep him on the edge. He might get bothered and upset, but that was part of it for him (he reminded her that all the time), and anyways they would be back together tomorrow.

Making a decision, she said "Yes, if you're nice like the other one. And thank you for asking."

Dinner was at Masa. Jen had heard of the famed Japanese restaurant but had never been there (dinner was over $1000 per person!). She was shocked when Chef Masa himself joined them for a pre-dinner drink of sake. If was the first time Jen had ever had sake. It was heavenly!

They dined in an elegant private room (all paid by Frank of course). Four couples joined them as well as 2 single guys. They were all mostly in their 40s and 50s. Jen learned the men were the producers of current Broadway musicals - Wicked, Phantom, Beautiful, Spring Awakening; major A-list productions like that. The producers were handsome and distinguished looking like Frank. The wives were attractive if not beautiful. They looked to be original wives. Their marriages seemed happier and more secure than Frank's other "friends" who had young beautiful trophy wives.

It was clear the producers were taken by Jen's stunning beauty and bubbly personality. They talked about possible roles in their musicals.

The producer of Spring Awakening - Duncan - was the most interested (he was 1 of the 4 men who was married). That made sense, because Wendla, the main female character of Awakening, was a 14 year old girl. Even with the heavier makeup, Jen looked young and fresh. She looked ripe. "You can sing and dance?" Duncan asked.

"She has the voice of an angel," Frank said, answering for Jen. "And she's a striking dancer. Jenny has incredible presence on stage."

"Frank, I mean ..." Jen began with an embarrassed laugh. "This is all flattering but I can't do it. My last show was high school." She gave another embarrassed laugh.

Duncan gave Jen a kind understanding smile. "You've seen Spring Awakening?"

"Yeah, god, I love it," Jen gushed. "I saw it when Lea played Wendla." It was the first Broadway show Mike took her to see when they moved to New York (at Jen's urging). The coming of age story of the young Wendla, her first love, pregnancy, abortion. Jen balled at the end. Spring Awakening was Lea Michele's breakout role in the original production of the musical, before she became famous in Glee.

"So you know My Junk?" Duncan asked. "Would you sing it for us?"

"What? Here, now?" Jen asked looking nervously at Frank. He had a knowing smile on his face. He set this up!

"I have the lyrics," Duncan said taking a folded paper from his coat pocket. "Can you sing just a little bit?"

"Um ..." Jen said uncertainly, her cheeks going red.

"Just the beginning," Duncan pressed with an encouraging smile, offering the paper to her. "It's a cast song but that's okay. Just to the refrain Jenny?"

"I, um, I know the words," Jen said nervously brushing her hair behind her ear. She'd listened to the soundtrack a million times and sang "My Junk" more than a few times in the shower.

Jen took a sip of water then stood up. She took a deep breath to compose herself. Then she began singing.

"In the midst of this nothing, this miss of a life

Still there's this wanting just to see you go by

It's almost like lovin', sad as that is

May not be cool, but it's so where I live

It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost

I spend the day wondering what you do, where you go

I try and just kick it but then what can I do

We've all got our junk, and my junk is you

See us, winter walking after a storm

It's chill in the wind but it's warm in your arms

We stop all snow blind, may not be true

We've all got our junk, and my junk is you."

When Jen finished, the room was silent. She brushed her hair behind her ear again, looking down at her feet. She felt nervous, shy and embarrassed. She finally mustered the courage to look up at the people around the table.

The producers (especially Duncan) had their mouths open, shocked and impressed. The wives began clapping. Frank had a big proud smile on his face.

"Here's the thing Jenny," Duncan said excitedly. "The current cast is going on tour. Eventually they'll settle in London for a year. We're auditioning for a new cast for our Broadway show."

"I've never performed professionally," Jen objected. "My last show was high school."

"No one has," Duncan said, excitement in his voice. "That's our angle. A fresh show with a cast of all new faces. The timing couldn't be more perfect."

"You'll have to cut your hair short," Frank said. "And dye it black."

Jen looked sharply at him. He had a triumphant smile on his face.

"That's true," Duncan agreed. He missed the sudden tension between Frank and Jenny. All he cared about was his show. And Wendla had brown hair. She wore it just pass her shoulders (not close to her bra strap).

"I can wear a wig," Jen said. She couldn't believe she was talking about really doing this. But to be on Broadway! If just for a little while. A year, maybe two. Could she pass that up?

Duncan frowned not liking the wig idea. "There's a lot going on backstage," he said. "Wigs are just another complication." He didn't understand Jenny's reluctance. Actresses often had to change their appearance to match the characters they were playing.

Jen frowned. She thought about Mike at the Hamptons with Allie. This was not going to work. It was on Mike's list. Her hair. She couldn't cut it and she certainly couldn't dye it black.

Duncan looked at Jenny. Young and beautiful, fresh faced, innocent, ripe. A lovely singing voice. She would make a perfect Wendla, the young girl who was just discovering her womanhood in the musical. He didn't know what Jenny's hang up over hair was, but he didn't want to lose her over that. He said "I'm sure we can work something out. Let's schedule an audition and go from there."

As dinner ended Jen was beside herself with excitement. Broadway! Even if it never happened it was still hugely flattering that a famous producer and musician like Duncan would consider her for a major role in this production.

Jen wanted to tell Mike the exciting news. Mike was more than her husband. He was her soul mate and best friend. If she didn't tell him, it was like it didn't happen. Until she told him it wasn't real.

Frank went to get her coat. Jen took the opportunity to check her iPhone. She did a heart flip seeing a text from Mike. It said "Anna's great. Already asleep. We went to that pizza place for dinner."

Jen frowned. Just that short text, and another unemotional one at that. No pictures of Anna. He didn't try to call. WTF? Was he upset about the pictures? Then Jen had a disturbing thought. Maybe he was having fun with Allie. Allie promised not to do anything. But you can still do a lot without doing anything. Jen of all people knew that. Feeling anxious and jealous, Jen was about to speed dial Allie when she realized it would be no use, the restaurant was too loud. So instead she texted her best friend: "What's happening? Where's Mike? What are YOU doing?!!"

Allie texted back immediately. She said "Will you calm down. Mike had a heart attack seeing those pics. He's probably someplace wanking off. Don't worry he's still your BB."

Jen smiled with relief at Allie's text. (BB meant bubble boy of course.) So maybe Mike was hanging with Allie (with Anna and DJ) but his attention WAS focused on her. She liked having her bubble boy wrapped around her finger.

And this arrangement seemed to be working. She was definitely spending lots of time thinking about her husband even while on her date with Frank.

Jen wanted to call Mike. If he WAS someplace playing with herself (she giggled at that) she could make it fun for him. But she eyed Frank walking back from the coat room. She didn't have time for phone sex or even a quick call. So instead she texted him: "Hey baby - Just had dinner with the Broadway crowd. Lots to tell you! Want to talk to you. Call me! Love you bunches, your baby."

"I can't believe I'm really thinking about this," Jen said excitedly when they were in Frank's Central Park penthouse. "God Frank is Duncan for real?"

"The role's practically yours," Frank said grinning at her. "Just an audition. Sounds like a formality. I think Duncan's set on you."

Jen eyed Frank. "You're not forcing Duncan?"

"All I did was tell them about you and set up dinner," Frank said honestly. "This is you, not me. I give you my word."

"Oh my god, oh my god," Jen squealed delightedly. She was sitting on the edge of the sofa and stomped her high heeled feet over and over like an excited little girl. "Broadway! I can't believe this is happening!"

Then reality kicked in. "How much does it pay?" she asked looking concerned.

"Jenny I'll take care of you and Anna," Frank assured her. Anticipating her objection, he added "And Mike too of course."

Jen shook her head knowing Mike would never agree to that. Before doing that he'd quit teaching, get a job with Apple or Google or something. Jen thought about it. He already offered to do exactly that. Jen got excited. Maybe he could do that for a couple years then go back to teaching. They'd have to get a nanny for Anna. But then, shows were at night. She'd have more time to spend with Anna during the day. That was a major plus. Mike could take care of Anna at night while she was performing. Maybe this could work. Jen couldn't believe she was actually planning like it might actually happen.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheating and Rivals by xleglover - by Ramesh_Rocky - 25-12-2018, 04:54 PM