Adultery The Defeat of Poroma
So friends, another weekend comes with the time for the next update. Please be warned that the story won't be a mirror image of the original version. There will be changes.

Chapter 17: Valentine's Day Mystery and The Divorce Options

But I was due for even further surprises, Poroma picked up the call this time only on the third ring!

"Hello!" Poroma said.

"Where are you Poroma? I am Ranjeet speaking," I answered.

"I'm in the garden Ranjeet, I have reached the party a long time ago, but where are you?" She asked me anxiously.

"I'm also in the garden Poroma, I too have been searching for you for a very long time already now! But I could not find you anywhere!" I said.

Suddenly while still speaking over the phone my eyes moved towards a corner in the garden, there Poroma was standing with her mobile held near her ear and she was looking at me waving her hand! A huge load came out of my chest. 

I returned the phone to Mohit and said, "thank you Mohit!"

Then I started walking towards my wife Poroma. The place was under a shade of a tree, there was a bench there and Sutapa was sitting on the bench. The place was having slightly less light and that could be the only reason why the place was not visible from the other parts of the garden. Probably that was the only reason I missed the place and was not able to see her and I was not able to find Poroma!

"Oh dear dear Ranjeet my love, you must have been very worried about me Darling," Poroma said sympathetically and in a very loving tone.

"Yes Poroma, I have been really very, very much worried about you," I told her, "where were you and Rahul?"

"Actually there have been a problem with Rahul's car, the engine was repeatedly stopping on the way and not firing up the start easily!" Poroma said.

There were two more women with Sutapa and Poroma sitting on the bench. I was starting to feel very happy that at least Rahul was not anywhere to be seen there! 

"Why didn't you call me then? I could have very easily picked you up on my way when I was coming here," I said.

Poroma seemed to be caught up in a discomfort at my question, "don't tell me that, I have been trying to call you up so many times but my mobile was completely out of charge and just switched off! Every time I was trying to switch it on it was getting off again and again automatically! Even after we reached here I tried to switch it on again but again it got off automatically! It was then that I told about my problem to Mr. Mohit Sharma, after that he got it arranged such that it can be getting charged. After it got charged uninterrupted for the next fifteen minutes and only then the phone could be switched on! After that as I was planning to call you suddenly Sutapa caught hold of me and we got so deeply involved in mutual conversation that the plan about calling you went totally out of my mind! She pulled me out in the garden here and we all were lost deep into girl's talk and female gossip since then. Surely everything is my fault and I admit that and sincerely I'm saying to you that I am sorry and please forgive me for this time! I should have been calling you as soon as I could get my phone on!

Then I noticed there have been a number of missed calls from your side! But then before I could call you called from an unknown number which later I found was Mohit's! I picked up the call immediately anticipating that you might be calling from another number and then I heard your voice!"

"When I came here I searched a lot but couldn't find Rahul's car anywhere in the parking lot!" I told her, "and immediately I anticipated that you might have been in some problem. But you guys had gone out of the office long before me and should have reached here much more earlier!"

"Yeah but I have already told you that there was some problem with Rahul's car," my wife Poroma emphasized, "after dropping me off here Rahul immediately went out in search of a garage where he could find a mechanic! If he would have waited he would have been late and he wouldn't have been able to manage to find a mechanic. After the repairing work he was supposed to get back to his apartment directly!"

"Okay," I said after finally getting the full picture, "now let us go in and have our dinner. We are already running a lot late!"

"Yeah yeah Ranjeet," Sutapa supported me, "let us all go in. We are all already very very hungry!"

After coming to learn all the things about the evening I was feeling much relieved but in contrast to me Poroma seemed to be completely lost in some deep thought! 

When I asked her, "what happened Poroma? Where are you lost?"

She replied, "nothing Ranjeet, it's only because I am having a headache!"

But while we were having our dinner her mood became good once again, as she was listening and responding to all the jokes of the ladies! Later we returned home, Poroma again took charge of her baby from the Aya and started breast feeding him! We didn't have sex that night, both Poroma and me were completely exhausted by the time we went to sleep.
But something had come to my mind much later, who was the mysterious beautiful woman in a saree that had gone out with Rahul from the party? Otherwise all of Poroma's story nicely matched with the incidents of the Valentine's day but that part still remained a mystery.

Did Poroma go out of the party with Rahul and was she returned back again before I came back?"

"Did you ask her anything about it later by the way?" Fatima asked with curiosity.

"Oh yes," I commented to her question, "one day about a week later I asked her that after dropping her off at Mohit's place whether Rahul had chosen to stay back at the party for sometime before going out again!"

"What did she answer?"

She asked me back with irritation, "why are you asking the same question again and again repeatedly Ranjeet? I have already told you that Rahul had a problem with his car, so he dropped me off at the party and went back out in search of a garage with an auto mechanic!"

With some amount of hesitation about whether or not to tell her, I finally asked her, "how could it be that Rahul have been alone with you and still leaving you behind he went out of the party and didn't try to flirt with you? Actually I have been anticipating that I will be finding both of you together at some lonely dark corner whispering something into each other's ears when I came down!"

As soon as I said those words I could understand what a huge blunder I have made, without even confirming whether she was interested in such light discussion I may have already hurt her! And given the stubborn nature of my wife Poroma it could easily be expected that a thunderstorm would blow out towards me!

But that didn't happen at all, there was an extremely strange reaction from Poroma and she was not annoyed even to the least bit! 

Very calmly and in a quiet voice Poroma reacted, "Ranjeet, I have already told you why he had gone away!"

I was so much surprised by her response, a stubborn hot headed girl like my wife Poroma, how could she stay so much cool and quite when she is reacting to such a humiliating comment? Her reaction could be called really suspicious!

However when I looked at her, there were no signs of guilt in her eyes, there was only the sad look that I have been seeing rather frequently.

I tried to lighten up the environment between us by asking her in a funny joking voice, "are you really telling me the truth Poroma?"

Poroma smiled sweetly with her sad look, "Ranjeet, however much you try to hide your insecurity and frustration I can easily see how much you were afraid that Rahul was going to seduce me either in his car during our journey or at the party and that was from as soon as I climbed into his car! Why so much insecurity Ranjeet? I'm your wife, why can't I have your trust?"

Though Poroma have been trying to put up a confident and brave face before me, it was seeming like a desperate attempt to hide her sad look. It clearly looked like she was feeling some type of strange discomfort in her mind. I have been trying to watch her face very closely and trying to understand the expression on her face.

Then again Poroma said in a serious tone, "please dear Ranjeet, just openly tell me what exactly have been bothering you?"

So now it was my turn to get uncomfortable, "yes my dear Poroma, there is really an issue about that day but I am not exactly feeling comfortable discussing that with you! I'm really afraid that you might get too much irritated and mad with me!"

"Ranjeet I think I will have to know that," Poroma said firmly, "irrespective of whether I get annoyed and angry or not! I must know what is the matter that you can't even share with me? You will have to tell me that, I just won't let you alone until you clearly tell what is the matter that is bothering you so much, otherwise I will not just let you alone!"

"Okay Poroma," I said, "but first of all promise me that you will not be angry with whatever I am going to say to you!"

"I can't promise anything unless I come to know exactly what is the problem with you," she said in an impatient manner.

So finally I had to tell her, "Poroma, on the Valentine's day when I reached the party I have been desperately searching for you all over the place. But even after a thorough search I could not find you anywhere! I have been asking for you from a number of the guests, and all of them told me that they had seen you with Rahul at different places and at different times. Then one of the guests said that he have seen Rahul leaving the party and he was having a beautiful woman in a saree with him when he left! And then not finding you anywhere I was in a panic, I was feeling so much sick then!"

I was waiting for her angry outburst but she didn't even say a single word. The same sad look continued to stay in her eyes.

"You really beleived that I have run away with Rahul from the party, didn't you Ranjeet?" She asked in a chilly voice.

She seemed to be losing her cool and patience but still didn't seem to be angry at all, "I have been already telling you about this a number of times but now I am repeating it again for your understanding, Rahul is nothing to me! I don't even bother whatever happens to him, but I am really feeling so terrible that you could even be thinking so low about me and my love, that just riding once in his car when he had offered me a lift I could even be thinking about leaving behind my own husband and children and go away with him! I just cannot believe that, that you could lose all your trust on me even for a second! How could this happen to me?"

So I needed to accept defeat finally without any success in solving the mystery in order to effectively pacify my wife, "yes you are right Poroma, how could I ever have thought so low about you?"

"Have you even been talking to Rahul about all these?" Poroma asked in a concerned tone.

"No no, not at all! Since you have been always thinking that I am jealous of him and his successes, so I thought that if I tell him anything about all these and he in turn told them to you, you will be wrongly deducing that I am feeling insecurity about you! You will be starting to lose your respect for me! So I never told him anything but decided to talk it over with you! All I really want is for him to stay away from you dear!"

"So if that is the matter with you, why don't you just tell Rahul that he should stay away from me? Why are you mistrusting me instead of that?" She asked with drops of tear in her eyes.

"Poroma, I think you already know that if I tell him anything even similar to that.the whole of our office will be starting to tease me like anything!" I said.

"Yes I understand Ranjeet," Poroma said, "actually now is the time I come to realise that it was all my fault! Actually you have been correct here. I know you don't like him, you always get angry and irritated every time you see me talking with him! So in this case I should never have actually accepted his offer of a lift. Actually I just couldn't refuse him straight on his face because that would have been really rude of us! Since it was him that made the offer of helping us out I at the time thought it would be really highly inappropriate for us to refuse him but it's now that I understand that I should have been much more sensitive to you and your feelings! So I have finally decided that if ever again such an opportunity arises, or I notice him trying to hit on me or flirting with me I will be going to tell him straight away on his face to stay away from me because I am married to you and is your wife! I will also tell him that you as my husband do not like it! I think in that case your colleagues in office will not be teasing you much and if they still do you can just tell them that your wife is very conservative regarding these things!"

So Fatima, this is the whole story about the Valentine's day party," I finally said.

"Well," said Fatima, "I have a strong suspicion that something must have happened behind your back on that Valentine's day party, and that's what led to all these things yesterday evening! What do you think?"

Yes Fatima," I said, "I too think the same."

"But presently we don't have any proof," she said, "so now let me see what I can do for you Ranjeet, I mean am I allowed to call you by your first name?"

"Sure Fatima," I said, "no problem with that."

"So now Ranjeet," Fatima started, "if you are going for a divorce, now let me be very clear with you that I think none of your so called friends and colleagues at yesterday evening's Holi party or your immediate boss Rahul or your wife Poroma are going to testify to the blatant adultery Poroma committed in front of all of them! So her sexual infidelity will be very hard to prove at this moment! Because whatever have happened there last evening was under blatant intoxication and extreme degree of seduction in public, so I don't think Poroma would have acted like that under normal circumstances! So the first option you have is going for a mutual divorce with both the parties agreeing to it! But keeping in mind the circumstances of the episode I seriously doubt whether your wife will agree to it! Rather I think she is going to fight you to stop the divorce to her last bit of strength to the Court! In the fight most probably you are going to lose the custody of both the children, the Court may allow you only visitation rights that will be restricted to alternative weekends and holidays only. Above that you will be required to pay child support to your wife for both the children along with alimony to your wife for a specified period as decided by the Court since your wife Poroma is not a working lady. Though the ownership of your house is in your joint name, you will be needing to move out while she will be allowed to stay there as the Court while granting a divorce always tries to ensure that the life of the children is the least disturbed. So it will be Poroma who will be staying at the house as their guardian and custodian while you will be continuing to pay all the bills till both the children are grown into adulthood. Then you will be allowed to sell the house and share the money between yourselves!"

"And do you suggest any other option?" I asked.

"Well Ranjeet, I can't tell you the second option officially as it would be highly unethical," Fatima said, "but between ourselves the second option would be to convert to .,, that is my religion! Once you convert, your previous marriage automatically becomes null and void. You don't need to pay her any money unless she too converts but then you can very easily give her Talaq! The custody of the children of course will still be with her, but if she agrees to convert with you, you can have the option of keeping her but still having three more wives at the same time as per Indian laws."
[+] 3 users Like Realman12's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
The Defeat of Poroma - by Realman12 - 03-03-2022, 05:08 PM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by Realman12 - 03-03-2022, 05:42 PM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by Realman12 - 04-03-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by Eswar P - 03-03-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by blackdesk - 04-03-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by Realman12 - 04-03-2022, 02:45 PM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by vaddadi2007 - 06-03-2022, 11:51 AM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by Eswar P - 06-03-2022, 09:24 PM
RE: The Defeat of Poroma - by Realman12 - 07-03-2022, 01:37 PM