Thriller System is supreme
My body was pretty sour over the last few days and i slept for more than 10 hours last night to keep myself ready for this event. Most of the cyclists here seems to be seasoned ones, there are even few high end cycles made of carbon fibre and lightweight ones. Even though i felt like i am in a disadvantage compared to them, looking at even kids like Anjali keeping up with them i felt motivated and zealous. I know that this is not the top speed of the speedsters like Richa and Bhoomika. But the early morning rides are always pleasant with the cool late winter breeze hitting my face. It is almost time for the spring season. I think that many of the trees will be blooming then. It should be quite a scenery then. I think that i should be pretty thankful that my crush is a cyclist, for i would have missed what college had offered if not for me blindly following her. There are cheers for fellow cyclists to keep up the pace and don't fall behind. It is a pretty encouraging atmosphere. I think this is the difference between bike rides and cycle rides, it is another feel if the speed you are feeling is driven out of your muscle power instead of fuel power. Also, the scenes would have passed even before you have soaked and revelled in them. We are going to arrive at the main road now and after we pass along this road for a bit we will reach the road along the ruins.

I think this road is opened up for outside traffic at this point of time, even though the weekend traffic is a bit less, it still exists nonetheless. After that accident in which one of the collegemates perished due to an accident involving outside traffic there had been demands to close the road inside for outside traffic. There are two parts of town on either side of campus and due to humongous size of the  campus, the roundabout road would lengthen the distance between the two parts of town by few kms at the least. In that sense the outside politics factor was also involved in it. But it is expected that a ruling in our students favour would come but since it is not totally in college adminsitration's hands and involves some government handlings it might take some time. As i am the firsttimer into the club some members were giving me a friendly reminder to take note of the traffic, and the atmosphere is pretty amiable here.

I am riding now while watching my academic buildings in the distance. And i am now passing by the clock tower. And it is bringing me back the memories of my collegelife and especially that of first year. I have explored quite a bit of the college in my first year most often solo rides while listening to music on my phone. Even during those 1 hour breaks in between the classes. The most enjoyable one was when i rode my bicycle when it was raining heavily, even though it was a memorable experience, i was down with heavy fever later. I should have taken a hot bath later i guess instead of straightaway going to the library where airconditioning was in full effect.
I hope i can see some heavy rain before i graduate to make a similar albeit feverless cycling experience in the rain. My initial excitement to join swimming quickly subsided and was replaced with LAN games, codding, animation. My eyesight too deteriorated a bit over the last few years, and my commitment to eat more carrots never bore fruits. My laziness made me reluctant to goto the market and fetch carrots. Now that i am becoming a regular in the cycling club, i guess i can fetch them now.

As i was thinking like that, the road almost came near, and our main riding route started. There is a huge sculpture of Buddha face in the distance, which was clearly separated from its main body, the result of many foreign invasions in the past. This site used to be a part of major academic complex of the ancient past. I always wondered over those long ears of buddha and if modern humans would have equally respected such ascetic with such long ears without any prejudice if they see them in person.

By this time already my exhaustion is kicking in even though we are still at the early part of the ride. Anjali was talking something with her mother but i shifted my attention on Richa. There were two boys along the 2 girls who are leading the entire race. They are never losing momemntum unlike me, as i seem to be falling in momentum quite often and then i pedal hard to keep up with the rest of the club. 

There seems to be some new discovery ahead in the ruins, as there appears to be covering that part of that site. And suddenly i observed some bike rider approaching at high speed from the distance as i was observing my surroundings. This seems to be an outsider and Anjali seems to be on that part of the road itself. My instincts are calling danger and i immediately picked up my speed while shouting at Anjali and crashed my cycle onto hers so that we can move out of the way of that rash bikerider. 

But we were not able to control our bicycles and we crashed onto the nets that seems to be protecting the ruins from outside view and to our horror this part seems to be dugout recently and we rolled down the slope of this excavated part and my brakes of this 4-year used wornout bicycle seemed to be out of shape and was not able to stop with all the momentum added up, and i am trying to stop the cycle with both my legs but still cycle went out of my control and Anjali too seems to be in similar kind of situtation and we crash landed deep down after hitting some strange rocks with some alienlike inscriptions written all over it.  

Avi hit the rock quite hard and he collapsed there and lost consciousness.
[+] 1 user Likes 2avi's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
System is supreme - by 2avi - 04-01-2022, 05:31 PM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 04-01-2022, 07:17 PM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 04-01-2022, 09:10 PM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 04-01-2022, 11:14 PM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 05-01-2022, 11:39 AM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 05-01-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 05-01-2022, 01:37 PM
RE: System is supreme - by 2avi - 05-01-2022, 05:39 PM
RE: System is supreme - by Blue Bull - 06-01-2022, 01:04 PM