Fantasy What This Night May Bring by TMaskedWriter
Velasquez began to blush as Helen took out the letter and began translating the Spanish to English out loud.

"Dear Señor Cupid, I hope that this letter finds it's way to you and that you are able to help me. I know that you are a close, personal friend of La Contessa's, so it is my hope that leaving my letter with her might bring my plea to your attention more directly.

"I have been in love with a man for some time now, and I know that he returns my feelings. I have seen him thinking I have not noticed him watching me when I am trying not to be noticed watching him. Last night, thanks to a special honor by La Contessa, we were able to explore these feelings for the first time. It has been discussed before, but not seriously. I do not know what you are cleared to know about our job, Señor Cupid, but he and I work in a dangerous profession, with lives more important than our own to consider at every moment. He is concerned that his feelings might compromise his judgment on the job; that men might bleed to death while he is running across a battlefield to treat a splinter in my finger. And we are both too devoted to our duty for either of us to quit working; so, I fear that this problem shall never be resolved without your direct aid, Señor Cupid. Please help me." Helen returned the letter to the envelope.

"I won't reveal the name, of course." Helen continued. "That wouldn't be Cupid's way. But the last people in my bedroom before this showed up were you two and Jeanne. Jeanne's the one who brought it to my attention, so I don't think it was her. And I have a good idea of what her letter would say. I will say, Marisol, that my life is in no way more important than yours. My jewelry's just more expensive." She took her iPad out of her purse and brought up a file.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What This Night May Bring by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 12-04-2019, 03:38 PM