Adultery Who Watches The Watchmen? by aurelius1982
The next time the subject came up was six months ago when we attended a friend's 10th anniversary party. It was a big event in their sprawling bungalow in Thane. I knew the guy from my college days. There were a couple of dozen people and several kids. There was catered food, drinks, music, entertainment for the kids, and so on.

Some of my other college buddies were also in attendance and our group soon got down to reminiscing about the old days. Menaka was mingling with the other wives and Ayan was playing with the kids. Soon it was almost 45 minutes before I realized that I couldn't see Menaka anywhere. So I excused myself from the group and went looking for her.

Asking a few people if they had seen her, I eventually reached the balcony at the back of the house and heard Menaka's voice. She was on the porch under me,

"Yes mom, yes, I'll talk to Prakash about visiting."

She was talking to her mother. I looked over from the balcony and waved to her. She waved back. I started heading downstairs to talk to her when I ran into another friend and we spoke for a couple of minutes.

Then I made my way to the back porch. There was a big manicured shrubbery beyond which I had seen her standing. I was about to walk around it, when I heard her voice say,

"Very cute!"

"Aren't they? They take after their mother." a man's voice responded.

I stopped in my tracks. I recognized the voice. It was Dinesh, a guy we had been introduced to earlier. He was there alone because his wife was traveling for work and his kids were with his parents. I remembered him because I had notice him check out Menaka a little too obviously at that time. Now, someone checking out Menaka isn't unusual. She has a very pretty face with long silky hair, a petite but striking figure, and larger than average D cup breasts. Motherhood and subsequent years have only accentuated her curves without making her overweight. She gets more than a few glances from guys wherever she goes because even at 34, she is a knock-out.

What struck me was the way this guy had blatantly checked her out even with me standing right next to her. Later in the party, I noticed that he flirted with a lot of women. He was a handsome sort of guy. And a natural. I was a little amused to note that he was probably trying to flirt with Menaka, who was very prim and proper in every way possible.

With soft steps, I moved to the side. Through a gap in the shrubbery, I could see the two of them about 20 feet ahead of me. He was flipping through his phone and Menaka was standing next to him looking at the pictures.

"And that's their mother." he said. "Isn't she a knock-out?"

"She is very pretty." Menaka politely responded.

"Nothing compared to you though." he smoothly added.

Menaka just blushed and then looked around. She was uncomfortable with compliments even when they came from me.

"We should do a play-date sometime." he said. "I saw your son earlier. He's about the same age as my eldest."

"Sure. Let me know when your wife is back in town."

"Oh, she is very busy. She travels a lot for work. She's consultant. No idea when she'll have time for something like this."

"I see."

"It's not easy, right? Bringing up kids when one spouse is always traveling? Your husband said he was in the merchant navy, so you know how it is."

"It's okay." Menaka said, again looking around for me, but I was hidden behind the shrubbery where it was dark.

"And it's not just about the kids. Things can get lonely in other ways too." Dinesh said suggestively.

Menaka stayed silent.

"Think about it. We can meet sometime when my wife is traveling and your husband is traveling." Dinesh said, reached into his pocket and fished out a card. "Here's my card."

Menaka said nothing, but took the card.

"Anyway, I'll head back inside for another drink. Call me." he said and gently pressed Menaka on the shoulder before walking away rapidly.

I admired the guy's technique. Didn't push too hard. Dropped a suggestion, gave her his contact info, and then walked away.

I waited a couple of minutes observing Menaka as she stood there alone, just staring at the card in her hand. Then she put it in her purse and fished out her phone. That's when I decided to walk out from behind the shrubbery.

"Oh, there you are." she said and smiled as she saw me. "What took you so long?"

"I ran into a friend coming down. And then.....well, I was listening to that Dinesh guy and you talk."

"Oh." Menaka's smile vanished. "Did you hear what he was saying?"

"Yeah."

"What a shameless man!" she said, looking offended.

"But I noticed that you kept his card." I smiled.

"What?" Menaka looked a little miffed.

That's when someone came to the back entrance and yelled,

"EVERYONE, COME ON IN! THEY'RE CUTTING THE CAKE!!"

Menaka and I walked back.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 2 users Like Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Watches The Watchmen? - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-12-2018, 02:36 PM
RE: Who Watches The Watchmen? - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-12-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Who Watches The Watchmen? - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-12-2018, 02:41 PM
RE: Who Watches The Watchmen? - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-12-2018, 02:41 PM