An Indian couple exploring the Swinger lifestyle by divya_baby
Two months later, they were on the high seas on their way to Hawaii. For five sea days the happy couple enjoyed the ships restaurants, took part in various onboard activities, watched the evening shows, danced to live music in the lounges and met new and interesting people, many of them couples in their own age group but some singles too.

In Hawaii, they took the ship's excursions in Hilo, Kona and Lahaina but decided to explore Honolulu on their own since the ship was staying overnight.

Having had little experience about cruising and excursions, the happy couple made a point of paying close attention to what the more experienced passengers had to say.

On their last Hawaiian stopover, they met an older American gentleman, Chris.

"I worked for a tourist company specializing in Hawaii and the South Pacific," Chris explained. "So I got to travel to many of the islands including all the large Hawaiian Islands and quite a few in French Polynesia too."

"Could you give us some advice about excursions in French Polynesian?" Aarti asked.

"Sure," he said. "For starters, the islands are generally safe. Although French is the official language, many people speak English too. So I'd recommend you go out on your own. It's usually much cheaper than taking the ship's excursions. On the other hand, if we were docking in a very poor country with a high crime rate, it's better to take the ship's excursions because they make special security arrangements with the local government agencies."

"Any downside?" Nagesh asked.

"Well, generally speaking," Chris explained, "there is one big advantage in buying the ship's excursions; the ship takes responsibility for making sure you get back to the ship. If you're out on your own and you miss the ship, you have to make your own way at your own expense to the ship's next port of call."

"Oh, okay," Nagesh said.

"Have you made plans for French Polynesia?" Chris asked.

"No, not yet," Aarti replied. "We weren't sure what excursions to take."

"Well, don't," he said. "If you don't mind my company, I'd be happy to act as your guide."

By the time the ship had reached the first French Polynesian island, the three of them had become friends. Chris took them on shore excursions on every Polynesian island they visited.

One included a circumnavigation of Bora Bora, with a two-hour stopover on an island beach and a visit to a lagoonarium. In Raiatea, they toured a vanilla plantation, a pearl oyster farm and, of course, another beach. In Papeete, they rented a car to see Tahiti's sites. In Moorea, they took a local tour bus to the island's highest peak. It offered a spectacular view of both Cook's Bay and Opunohu Bay, where the ship was anchored. It looked like a toy. The cruise through French Polynesia ended with visits to Ringaroa and Nuku Hiva.

horseride  Cheeta    
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Indian couple exploring the Swinger lifestyle by divya_baby - by sarit11 - 26-06-2020, 06:50 PM