Adultery Knowing My Wife, Knowing Me As Well - Part II by Krish_999 ( Completed )
Chapter 25

Next morning I was trying to shed my hangover when Mr Das rang up me.
"She still isn't saying yes."
So what the hell I should do man? I didn't ask even though I wanted to.
It was Saturday. She had rejected his proposal to visit her at her house.
"Then I suggested your presence. I tried to convince her that there's nothing to worry about in your presence, but no luck. I need to talk to her, Mr Menon. I want to spend some normal time with her. A peaceful evening is all I'm asking from her. Isn't it okay? Do you think she lacks confidence in me?"
I couldn't give him a sensible reply. It felt good for me that she was turning down his advances.

A few days later I had a marriage anniversary function of an old friend to attend. Meera was also invited. I was happy to attend the function and I had great expectations for a supposed meeting with her. I dressed well for the occasion and dreamed of talking to her, getting friendlier to her and even more. These types of public gatherings help people resolve their differences. I hoped for good and prayed for it. Das shouldn’t be there. I thought.

Unfortunately, all my hopes and prayers were shattered at the very moment I and Meera came face to face. She stared at me as I walked up to her and before I could say even a single word, she broke my heart.
“Krish, please. Leave me alone. I don’t want to talk.”
Her quick rejection stunned me. I swallowed the only word that came out of my throat.
“What!”
“Not today!”
She added sternly.
“Meera, consider me as an old friend at least.” I managed to say; although in a low voice. My own misery embarrassed me.
“We better talk only when ‘he’ is present. That’s when you behave like just a friend.” She said, matching her volume with mine. She nodded her head slightly like she’s done talking and walked away. I could only stand and stare her back until she disappeared into the crowd. I was made a statue.

When I realized what I was doing, I looked around desperately. I saw Ananya watching me from a distance. She smiled and nodded. I wasn’t sure if she had seen the entire scene.
She walked up to me.

“What did she say?” She asked.
“Nothing good,” I said disappointingly.
“Really?” She looked at the side Meera had disappeared. She seemed surprised. I didn’t bother and walked away from her.

The party was finished for me. I met many friends but I couldn’t find myself socializing with anyone.
Why was Meera behaving like that?
I kept wondering. I was lost beyond my own reach when I heard a familiar voice.

“Krish...”

It was Sam. Samay Madhav.
I didn’t smile. Neither did him. But he showed me one of the glasses he was holding and I paused a second before I took it.
“Krish, I am sorry.” That was the next thing he said to me and it was unexpected. I couldn’t really say anything immediately. I felt great at first and then started wondering if he really came to reconcile. Well, he really meant it. He grabbed my hand and led me to a corner to have a personal, long conversation.
“I am sorry for hurting you, my friend.” He said many times.
He acknowledged the fact that I never told Ananya about his old crush on Meera. He felt I had been a true friend to him and what he had done to me was unforgivable. He said he is ashamed of his act. He had been thinking about talking to me for long, but couldn’t find right opportunity to do so. In the end, he also apologized for shouting me those things.

I still had his words in my mind.
‘I will fuck her.’

He said he actually had no intention to do those things.
“It was just some rage, which made me say those things.” He said.

How the fate was playing with me. I immediately thought.
It was for those words that I had pushed Meera away to Mr Das. Now Sam was claiming that he never meant them in the first place. With an apology, he simply undid all his mistakes. What about mine? Can I do the same?
No. Never. I thought.
I couldn’t see me claiming Meera back from Das.

Soon Ananya spotted us together and wondered what has happened. She joined us and we changed our topic.

I saw Sam’s return to my friend zone as a positive thing. But I decided against sharing with him my concerns involving Meera and Das. I was the cat that once fell into a bowl of hot water.

Ananya later showed me a photo in her mobile. It was a beautiful fish in a well-decorated aquarium.
“You know who this is?”
She asked me.
“No.”
“This is Krish the fish. This is Meera’s new partner. She has installed a new aquarium at her house. And she has named the fish after you.”
“What. Really?”
I thought I sounded too joyful.
“But it’s a secret. Don’t ask her; she’ll kill me if she knows I sold her secret...”

That was true. Meera had given her fish my name. I didn’t understand anything. What did she mean by that?
She wanted ‘Krish’ close to her? Or was that she wanted me in a cage and wanted to watch me in it?
I had no idea.
However, soon I began feeling good about it.

But it was too short-lived. Meera had even more in store for me.

horseride  Cheeta    
[+] 3 users Like sarit11's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knowing My Wife, Knowing Me As Well - Part II by Krish_999 - by sarit11 - 24-11-2018, 12:35 PM