Adultery Knowing My Wife, Knowing Me As Well - Part II by Krish_999 ( Completed )
Chapter 21

In the bottom of my conscious mind, I always had a scare. What if Das finds out my real identity as Meera's husband? What if Meera finds out my friendship with Das? I knew I could not escape from the inevitable, so I was praying for a delay.
It didn't last much. And my biggest scare in the whole gamble became true one day. And that too, in the most bizarre way possible. The least way one could imagine.
I was wandering at a mall in the name of shopping. It was a Wednesday, and these wanderings used to be the saving grace in my reclusive life. There was nothing like a Saturday or a Sunday for me anymore. After shopping I was leaving the mall with my bags when I heard Das' voice.
"Hello, Mr. Menon!"
And when I turned to him, I saw Meera with him. The moment I saw my wife's face next to him, I felt I would faint. She was no better, embarrassed to death for I saw her with him but Das couldn't see it. He shook hands with me.
"How are you, buddy?"
"Hi.."
He then introduced me to her.
"This is Mr. Menon, you should meet this guy. He's the man helped me reconcile with you. He's the one actually helped you get your job back. I've always been thinking of introducing both of you to each other. Well, finally, see how surprising!"
Well, it was a surprise.
Meera then reclaimed her calmness and composure and boldly shook my hand.
After such a long period this is how I felt my wife's warm soft hand. I wanted to keep holding her hand but Das' presence stopped me from that.

That's the irony of life. My life.

Meera thanked me.
"Is it? Then I'm grateful to your kind heart, Mr. Menon. I don't know how you did and what, but I'd like to hear more of that back-story.."

I sensed she's not making a scene right away and instead she's acting like a total stranger to me in front of Das. A thousand questions raced through my mind and I anticipated a moment when she would come open. But I was eased out of the initial shock; though my mind still happened to have a hunch that she might be trying to dig into my friendship with Das.

Das suggested we move to the coffee house on the second floor. She immediately agreed. In the coffee house she and Das sat together and I took the opposite seat on the small table. Their hands were rubbing each other and suddenly it was making me uncomfortable. Not only because of the sight itself but also the suspicion whether Meera was checking if I was enjoying it or not.
Das was busy making coffee order and Meera was watching me carefully. I tried to smile at her. I was however forced to look down when her eyes penetrated beyond mine. I was intimidated. I felt a loser. Inferior.
I suddenly felt my deepest scare unearthing my mind. Is she contemptuous to me? Will she show me signs that she's choosing him over me? I wasn't the husband to her anymore, and the only thing I could do was to behave as if I haven't seen their closeness, and it was torturing me.
My heart skipped many beats and I didn't have any clue how to save my face. It was torturing me. My inner thoughts were torturing me. I still hate those moments. I want to move on.
"You know the prank that I'd once tried to play on you and how it failed, I told him about it and he advised me to apologise to you. I wasn't sure if you'd forgive me, but when we both knew of your job trouble, he said it's the perfect time. This is the best way to apologise. And see, how we're both happy now, all thanks to Mr. Menon."
Das said.
"That's really great of you, Mr Menon."
Meera said.
"Without your help, we would have never made it. Das you're really lucky to have such good friends. Normally guys give ill advice in these types of cases which actually worsen the situation when dealing with women."
I doubted if she was really praising me.
"Of course, Meera. We discuss a lot of things regularly and he never gives wrong advice, especially about you."
That hurts, Mr Das. I said in my mind.
"Yeah, I don't want you to end up being slapped again, Mr.das."
I punished him lightly. Das laughed. Meera smiled. It was gorgeous.
"I can see you guys are really close."
While talking, Das had his hand around her back and I had a difficult time watching it. Even more difficult was to act as if I hadn't seen it. Even more difficult was to hide the fact it's damn difficult for me.
And she made no attempt to free herself from him. It didn't matter to me whether she could.
In that exact moment, we suffered the entry of an alien invasion to our world.
"Das!"
It was Neerja. A jolt passed through Das' face and I saw it. He lost words to answer. Neerja might have, no, she surely have, noticed his hands to the fullest way possible by a wife of a husband. He withdrew it immediately but he still couldn't speak. Perhaps he knew that damage was done already.
"Hi, Neerja. What a pleasant surprise. How are you?"
I said and stood up quickly.
"Hello, Mr. Menon. Did I really surprise you?"
Neerja replied with a firm voice.
"You did. Actually, Mr. Das did. He didn't tell us you were here."
"Well, he doesn't know. I'm here myself. What are you guys up to? And who's this lady sitting with my husband?"
Even Meera's face was red in a moment. I seemed to be the only one with a movable tongue.
"This is my wife, Meera."
I said. I bluffed. I did more than a bluff.
Everybody, from Das to Meera to Neerja was surprised though the latter was the least.
"I was just introducing Mr. Das to her. How wonderful that you're also here. Please take a seat with us."
I showed her the seat where I was seated. She thanked me with a smile and sat down leaving space to accommodate me next to her.
I sat down and gestured to the counter for a coffee for her too.
"Cold, please," Neerja said.
I forwarded that request to the counter.
Things were even now with ladies facing each other.
"Hello, Meera. I'm so glad to meet you. It's really a big surprise. And Mr Menon, your wife is really beautiful."
Neerja eased the moment and Das was brought down to earth. We all enjoyed our coffee. Eventually, Neerja asked Meera where she's working. I stepped up again.
"That's the joke of the day we were sharing, Neerja. Meera works in Das' office and he doesn't recognise her."
"What?"
"And even I had no idea. I was introducing them each other."
"It's not a big deal, Neerja. I've joined his office last month only."
Meera said.
"Oh, I see."
Neerja nodded.
How stupid. Well, Neerja believed it all.
When the coffee was over, Mr Das was forced to leave with his wife, leaving Meera with me.

I thought she'd question me about my bluff. I prepared myself to defend it by claiming she's still my wife.
Well, Meera didn't actually care about it.
"So you've been after me."
She said.
"I've been helping you."
I said. She looked deep into my eyes.
"Are you not playing the same old games with me?"
"No. No."
I knew what she was talking about.
"You knew I was having my hanging out with Das."
"What's wrong with that. He's not like Shekhar."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. What do you think?"
"I think he's just like Shekhar. In the beginning he was very cool like a safe friend. But I'm telling you, eventually he's going to seduce your wife!"
She said firmly.
I couldn't blink my eye, yet I missed the moment she disappeared into the crowd.

Darkness had begun invading me right through my eyes.
Darkness.
 horseride  Cheeta    
[+] 3 users Like sarit11's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knowing My Wife, Knowing Me As Well - Part II by Krish_999 - by sarit11 - 21-11-2018, 12:50 PM